Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I have no doubt the groveling about missing Mama's birthday is because Mama called him and scalded his a** for not having gotten the gift there on time.  Severe food poisoning is no excuse!

BTW, those flowers cost 40 bucks, plus tax and delivery fees.  And Jill has a closet full of teddy bears and other stuffed animals she's extorted from her family over the years.  Why in heaven's name would she demand another tribute from her son who she has repeatedly told us doesn't have enough money to pay basic living expenses?

Anyone following her on Instagram want to ask her why she doesn't tell Tim not to spend his hard earned money on crap she doesn't need?

Shd typically turns off the comments. That twuntwaffle can't handle any kind of dissent....err.... persecution.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Well he is stunted thanks to mama and papa. So maybe he is 4.

She always leaves comments off. No one can leave comments. Only likes. 

😞

Well, if Tim is 4, his Mama is only about 8.  A 40 something woman who demands flowers and stuffed animals from her kids for her birthday is obviously stunted herself.  And, of course, refuses to accept any criticism for it.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Or she was distracted and typing fast and her brain pushed her speeding fingers to skip letters or put in the wrong homophone, in the case of "accept" for "except." 

If I had a nickel for every time I charge through writing something and use "to" or "two" or "too" when I mean another one, or "threw" instead of "through."

And depending on what the written material is (whether it's something whose purpose means I'm going to spend real energy proofreading or not, that is) or depending on how distracted I am when I am proofreading (like if I have three little kids pulling on my arms), sometimes I see and fix this kind of typo and sometimes not. 

And I'm by no means uneducated or a bad writer (I'm told). 

I don't think we can tell much at all about Alyssa's writing ability or brain power from those particular mistakes, really. 

I think you are a great writer! 

I don't generally have a problem with homophones, but do find that I need to concentrate more on things like keeping my tenses consistent and such. Reading so much bad writing of various types online has really affected my spelling as well, I think. It used to be that I barely had to think about spelling at all, but now I find myself looking at words trying to figure out which spelling is correct, as they both look equally good. Or maybe I'm just getting old...

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why did he sign his full name?

Well, who knows?

But from personal experience I will say that when you're semi-in-denial about an unhealthy family situation in which you're convinced you're slime, you may end up feeling you're unrecognizable to anyone, even to your family, if you're away or haven't seen people in a while.  You have the feeling, I guess, that you're so nothing that your first name or the sight of your face couldn't possibly actually register with someone, even your mother, so you tell them who you are, introduce yourself when it's ridiculous to do so, tell them your full name. 

That's probably not a tic that happens to everyone in a sick situation. But it used to be a very common feeling to me. I often introduced myself to people who knew me perfectly well, including my own mother. I did it from time to time with my family until I was at least in my late 20s. I worked on not doing it in therapy.

But...I still -- and not infrequently -- introduce myself to quite a few people who know me (although no longer to people who really know me well). I still feel so nothing that I can't imagine most people will ever remember who I am. I tell them who I am because I don't want them to have to ask or feel awkward because they don't recognize me -- which I assume will be the normal reaction from most acquaintances...

That could be Tim's deal, although I realize it's probably a fairly idiosyncratic response.  I'm sure from all the damn presents and cards and such that Jill and David have their kids 100 percent convinced that they're worthless crap who don't deserve a place on the planet, though, just in general. 

So feeling completely unmemorable or invisible wouldn't really be a stretch. 

7 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I think you are a great writer! 

I don't generally have a problem with homophones, but do find that I need to concentrate more on things like keeping my tenses consistent and such. Reading so much bad writing of various types online has really affected my spelling as well, I think. It used to be that I barely had to think about spelling at all, but now I find myself looking at words trying to figure out which spelling is correct, as they both look equally good. Or maybe I'm just getting old...

I think this is very common, for just the reasons you say. We see a lot of stuff and it imprints itself. I don't think it's age! (and thanks!)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

She is a lot of not nice things. A psychiatrist would have a fun time with her. I bet she has a few diagnoses.

Jill could keep an entire psych department running for decades!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I'm dusting off my special occasion floor sweeping jean skirt getting ready for the big nuptials.  I'm so hoping that they will do a live wedding stream (for their ministry, of course, showing us heathans how a Christian wedding should be done.)   I'm praying for some horrid colored grifted sleazy bridesmaid dresses that they have to convert and  wear at least 2 modesty layers underneath.  For example - wearing an once strapless gown but wearing a cheap Tshirt underneath, that is a color or two off the color of the dress, making it more noticeable than it already is. Oh the possibilities.  

All of this would be so awesome to watch!

suzette is on trend with those glasses!

i can’t believe Jill mentioned that Timothy was late with her birthday gifts  when the poor guy is in the throes of food poisoning! 🙄

• Love 3

Regarding Nurie’s dress, I believe it has been mentioned that Jill bought Nurie a  wedding dress when she was 16 or so.

Also, I am a florist. When a person orders flowers online we are instructed by our boss to type the card exactly as the customer has in the order, spelling mistakes and all. So Timothy may have written his last name thinking the flower shop needed it and they just copied his note exactly. Or, maybe it’s a family joke.

Btw, that’s one sad flower arrangement. I would be embarrassed to have that leave our shop.

Edited by YupItsMe
  • Useful 7
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

It's rather surprising that she's blaming the college for Timmy's food poisoning.  I used to live in that area and that college has a big hospitality and culinary program which emphasizes safe food handling procedures.   

Yeah,I'm guessing little Timmy isn't used to eating real food,esp. a large burrito.It may have been too spicy for him.

Some ppl confuse food intolerances with food poisoning.

And of course,everything to Jill is SEVERE

Edited by sondraK
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

My one kiddo..the one who doesn't do the perfect stuff in life...actually does the perfect stuff for my bday and mothers day...His cards don't sound a thing like Tim's. First he can take 10 bucks and buy a much more "me" gift then the others. Everyone has love...some just are more thoughtful. 

I wish them all well..and hope beyond hope.....you know what I mean

• Love 9
On 11/15/2019 at 11:52 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

Maybe his Bible of choice was the NIV.  

Honestly, it probably was something like this. Back when I was in the fundie world, someone once said to me about my NIV Bible, "I'm glad I don't have a fake Bible like yours." They were serious and I know the Rods are insanely steeped in that same world. Boob ended up making some compromises about theology and is now living to regret it. I don't see David and Jill being as willing to accept a non-independent fundamental Baptist suitor.

16 hours ago, Portia said:

I think you mean "fazed." Sorry, but I can't resist...the timing was just too funny! Granted, phase/faze is a really tricky one. 

Well spotted! That one trips up a lot of people. 

3 hours ago, awaken said:

All of this would be so awesome to watch!

suzette is on trend with those glasses!

i can’t believe Jill mentioned that Timothy was late with her birthday gifts  when the poor guy is in the throes of food poisoning! 🙄

What's funny about Suzette is that when we first saw her in those pink plastic glasses over a decade ago. you could tell they were 20 years old and way out of date. Now, it's been so long that they've actually come back in style!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

It's sad that Jill equates gifts with love and even sadder that she feels the need to prove her children love her. 

Also, once my youngest kid reached age four, I cringed anytime someone gave a stuffed animal as a gift. Other than their well worn lovies, the stuffed animals were ignored past the first week and became dust collectors.

• Love 16
10 hours ago, awaken said:

And SEVERE food poisoning at that!

8 hours ago, sondraK said:

Yeah,I'm guessing little Timmy isn't used to eating real food, esp. a large burrito.It may have been too spicy for him.

Some ppl confuse food intolerances with food poisoning.

And of course, everything to Jill is SEVERE

Oh yes it is. Including the headache I felt coming on, that time I decided to read some of her online postings for myself. I just couldn't stand much of it. I'm so happy for those of our peeps here who take one for the team, and not only read it but share it with us. THANK YOU.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
49 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

Oh my, I can't imagine waking up & greeting a new day looking at that face right next to me.  Hopefully Nurie cleans that crap off her face before going to bed but I have my doubts. She definitely needs a brow makeover.  Don't they realize other ladies aren't wearing the Sharpie like eyeliner & how harsh it looks (esp with Jill's golden locks)?

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Nurie looks so old with her makeup and hair done that way. She's all of what, 20 years old? I think with proper makeup and hairstyle and some proper nutrition to bring her to a healthy weight, she has potential to be pretty. Her fiance on the other hand... that is one unfortunate-looking young man and I don't think any amount of weightlifting and proper skin care can make him handsome. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

I'll echo what others have said about Nurie's own mother(!!!) mentioning their "intimate touching" being reserved for the wedding day is just disgusting and honestly disturbing. That said, it's not too uncommon for those brought up in the purity movement and culture to have to put up with jokes from people you barely know, or from close relatives and friends, to make gross innuendos about the wedding night. I could write a twenty-page paper about the harm it does, especially for young female virgins, to be raised in the culture of "sexual purity" but I emotionally cannot get into it right now. 

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Her hair looks to have split ends and wispy ends galore.  Would it be sinful to cut it to like, boob length?

Yes,it might direct one's gaze to her boobs!

6 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Well I found a appetite suppressant. Jill intimate touching Shrek. 

You are welcome.

Yeah,that works for me,too.

Intimate moments would be only slightly better

• LOL 7
6 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

I just can’t.  Intimate touching?????  Omg I’m so skeeved out. Whyyyyyyy does Jill have to post every little thing about this couple?  They have no privacy.  If my mom posted on SM that my boyfriend and I were waiting till marriage to smooch, let alone do the things that lead up to the horizontal mambo, I would be HUMILIATED.  These people are so fixated on sex that they can’t see straight. You can have sex and “intimate touching” but only under pre-approved and closely monitored circumstances.  A.K.A. a “godly” marriage.  That’s so creepy. My boyfriend is not a PDA person at all and won’t do much as put his arm around me or give me a kiss on the cheek when other people are around. BY CHOICE.  Privately, he is the exact opposite.  Because PDA makes him uncomfortable, not because someone else told him it had to be that way. So I can’t imagine what it feels like to be constantly watched and every move scrutinized for unapproved touching. 

Kwym.We weren't fundies,but my mom used to talk about how my cousin's Dr just couldn't BELIEVE she was a virgin at age 20.I guess that was supposed to be some sort of lesson for me.So I never told her I wasn't.She seemed to think I was.Now I cringe at the fact she prolly told everyone I was a Holy Virgin on my wedding night.Yikes! I should have ruined it for her.Of course,I would have been the family tramp,even though I only dated ONE guy,my now husb.

What irritates me about Christians like my mom n Jill,is that they treat a marriage license like it's a license to have sex.But it doesn't say that on it anywhere.What does the law say? CONSENT is fine for adults.

My head hurts.. 

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

God imagine Jill giving her the wedding night talk. 🤣🤣🤣

"Sweetie, this is your wifely duty. God created you to help fulfill your husband's needs. Just lie back and think of how sweetly you're honoring God. And it may be a little tingly, but I guarantee you that for the first few years, it will only last a maximum of ninety seconds each session. Then you can cheerfully go make your husband his sandwich and rub his smelly feet because you're his helpmeet. If, after three months you're not yet pregnant, you must get on your knees and repent in your prayer closet because you've likely angered God in some way through the years. It's your reason for existing, to make your husband happy and give him lots of children while putting aside all personal feelings and needs and wants. Remember dear Nurie, to keep sweet; it's how God ordained a relationship to work."

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 11/16/2019 at 5:46 PM, doodlebug said:

I have no doubt the groveling about missing Mama's birthday is because Mama called him and scalded his a** for not having gotten the gift there on time.  Severe food poisoning is no excuse!

BTW, those flowers cost 40 bucks, plus tax and delivery fees.  And Jill has a closet full of teddy bears and other stuffed animals she's extorted from her family over the years.  Why in heaven's name would she demand another tribute from her son who she has repeatedly told us doesn't have enough money to pay basic living expenses?

Anyone following her on Instagram want to ask her why she doesn't tell Tim not to spend his hard earned money on crap she doesn't need?

I would love to ask her, but unfortunately she doesn’t allow comments.  She’s smart enough to know that she would endure SEVERE persecution if she did.

• LOL 14
8 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Nurie looks so old with her makeup and hair done that way. She's all of what, 20 years old? I think with proper makeup and hairstyle and some proper nutrition to bring her to a healthy weight, she has potential to be pretty. Her fiance on the other hand... that is one unfortunate-looking young man and I don't think any amount of weightlifting and proper skin care can make him handsome. 

I think he has a kind face and is average looking. Handsome is nice, but not as important as avoiding being trapped with a horrible fundie man who will abuse his authority. I think she's done pretty well for herself, all things considered.

8 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I could write a twenty-page paper about the harm it does, especially for young female virgins, to be raised in the culture of "sexual purity" but I emotionally cannot get into it right now. 

It's horrific. Among many other things, it makes girls/women who have been sexually abused feel that they are "less than" because their "purity" has been taken, and less likely to report it. 

2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I guarantee you Nathan would be trying to have premarital sex! At least he is going to get some soon. 

God imagine Jill giving her the wedding night talk. 🤣🤣🤣

Are you joking? I'm not saying he doesn't physically want it, but no way would he be trying to have premarital sex. He is thoroughly steeped in their way of thinking. 

• Love 14
On 11/16/2019 at 8:27 PM, BigBingerBro said:

It's rather surprising that she's blaming the college for Timmy's food poisoning.  I used to live in that area and that college has a big hospitality and culinary program which emphasizes safe food handling procedures.   

Maybe Tim's college intentionally gave him a tainted burrito in hopes the grifting Rodriguii clan would take Tim home and never set foot on campus again. Or maybe Jill's beginning to worry about the cost of the school or Tim's difficulty with the courses, so she's looking for an excuse to bring her wonder boy home and blame it on the ungodliness of others. Of course, her QUADRIPLEGIC SISTER AMY might have arranged the whole nefarious incident just because spoiling queen jill's birthday tributes would be so much fun.  /s

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

I'm severely SHOCKED that there is no wedding date and registry YET. Jill is slipping! She better get her grifting happening for Nurie before people start blowing their monies on frivolous things like Christmas presents!!

I'm thinking of making Nurie a lovely basket of bath stuff and green eyeliner from the Dollar Tree of course. What are you guys gifting?

• LOL 14
  • Love 2