Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Whoa, Nathan and quadriplegic sister Amy (tm bitch Jill) look like they could be related. I'm fascinated to see what Nurie and Nathan's kids look like next year. 

Edited by emma675d
  • Love 7
On 11/14/2019 at 7:44 AM, BetyBee said:

I hate the phrase "love on" - it's creepy.

I know, right?

Creepy and just odd.

I have a friend (actually, we are hardly friends any longer because of her beliefs, but I digress). She always says "Love on". Icky. Gag worthy. Freaks me out.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

That’s an understatement.  I think it’s so disrespectful to Amy that Jill ALWAYS identifies her as a “quadriplegic”.  What if someone always identified you as a batshit crazy, self-centered bitch, Jill?

Jill loves Jesus. Yeah right. I agree she is crazy.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, awaken said:

I would really love to know what happened to nurie’s other suiter!  Did he end it? Did the rods end it?  

My guess he ended it. I really don’t think Jill and papa care who marries the kids as long as they get married!

• Love 6
12 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Jill doesn’t want anyone to forget that her sister is quadriplegic.

5F156E6B-5A1E-44BF-B92E-E4F5C52BA6CF.jpeg

Good Lord, does she have to say that every time??? 

I hope Nathan treats Nurie well. It might not be the life she should have had, but it has to be better than what she is in now. He does seem nice enough. 

• Love 19
6 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

Maybe he'll write a poem to be recited at the wedding

A pome because they cannot come for the wedding. 

I'd prefer some awkward singing live streamed in though. 

One of the Shrader kiddos is having seizures so they may be not as focus on Nathan's upcoming nuptials. 

I made the mistake of looking at Sierra’s Instagram page.  The baby is doing better  and there is a chance that he may discharged today which is good news.  I would never wish a sick child on anyone. But evidently yesterday was her daughter’s 4th birthday and she was all upset that she would miss it.  Again, I get it.  But she launched into a long emotional rant about mommy guilt and how God is good and thank heaven Grandma was there to help.  I’m sorry, but if you choose to have 7 children in quick succession you are going to be spread too thin, and you lose all right to complain. Instead of moaning about it just close up shop already. 

Oh, and the comments are just nauseating.  I really hate fawning comments from “fans” who have never met the poster. 

• Love 23
2 hours ago, emma675 said:

Whoa, Nathan and quadriplegic sister Amy (tm bitch Jill) look like they could be related. I'm fascinated to see what Nurie and Nathan's kids look like next year. 

Geez...I wasn't paying attention and just assumed she was his mom since they look so much alike...but, yeah, that would mean Nurie was marrying her cousin...which I might not necessarily put past these people, come to think of it...

• LOL 8
3 hours ago, Fig Newton said:

I know, right?

Creepy and just odd.

I have a friend (actually, we are hardly friends any longer because of her beliefs, but I digress). She always says "Love on". Icky. Gag worthy. Freaks me out.

“Love on” makes me think of smothering someone with sloppy kisses!  Gross when applied in certain relationships!

2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Maybe his Bible of choice was the NIV.  

That’s my guess as well. The pool of potential applicants who meet their restrictions is extremely small. 

• Love 4
On 11/13/2019 at 7:22 PM, NotthebadVictoria said:

Looks like she’s officially a Jessa2.0 with the “don’t hate on me” comments. 

887942C5-9A72-4272-A012-994F86B92B8D.jpeg

heres a crazy idea...don't want people to criticize your car seat situation? Don't post photos of your kids in their car seats. 

3 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:

The Duggars have cameras set up around their home that they monitor so it's completely possible. 

Jills sister might kind of need this, if she cant get around easily and needs to be able see her kids. 

• Love 22

Leavensworth Kansas had it's annual Veterans' Day parade.  The parade is a tradition going back 100 years.  A lot of people marched in it. Supposedly hundreds came out to watch the parade despite bad weather (snow + freezing temptures). The only people photographed watching the parade were Steve Maxwell's youngest daughters Anna and Mary.  They were featured in the Ft. Leaveworth Lamp online.

• Useful 3

Agree that if Alyssa is concerned about people's reactions than maybe she should not post car seat photos.  

I'm not sure what people could criticize, except maybe that Zoey  should still be facing backwards at her age.  My granddaughter is 4 months younger than Zoey and she still faces the rear.  I think the cut off age is 2?

Car seat guidelines change so often it is hard to keep up.  I had no idea that car seats have expiry dates now, for example.

When in doubt, it's best not to post, especially if you are a "public figure".  

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, MamaMax said:

heres a crazy idea...don't want people to criticize your car seat situation? Don't post photos of your kids in their car seats.

You’re not wrong! As boujee as she is these days compared to the rest she should learn some basic vocabulary words before she posts. I guess it’s a good thing their “homeschooling” is popping in videos, maybe she’ll learn something. 

642EC810-5BCE-4D03-9667-7F433C47074E.png

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She seems to have problems with homophones.

Many people do.  Grammatical errors like that happen no matter the education level.  I noticed that one, but wasn't phased by it.  Loose/lose is the one that gets me.  Like nails on a chalkboard when I encounter it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Geez...I wasn't paying attention and just assumed she was his mom since they look so much alike...but, yeah, that would mean Nurie was marrying her cousin...which I might not necessarily put past these people, come to think of it...

image.png.f2d7c8feeb63727d7201468b454252c5.pngThis is a picture of Anna and Nathan's parents, since it mentions Priscilla maybe it's her wedding.

9 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

That’s an understatement.  I think it’s so disrespectful to Amy that Jill ALWAYS identifies her as a “quadriplegic”.  What if someone always identified you as a batshit crazy, self-centered bitch, Jill?

That's our job. Please someone, make a BATSHIT CRAZY, SELF-CENTERED BITCH sign to paste over Jill's face. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, wilsie said:

image.png.f2d7c8feeb63727d7201468b454252c5.pngThis is a picture of Anna and Nathan's parents, since it mentions Priscilla maybe it's her wedding.

Nathan looks just like his mom.He has her face n teeth exactly.

I recall how Suzette was bowling w Jim Bob on 19 KAC.She was beating him,but in the end,she had to let him win,bc of his whiney,big ego.LOL.

Yes,Jill could have just said, "My sister Amy." We can see she's in a WC.No need to mention anything else

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Many people do.  Grammatical errors like that happen no matter the education level.  I noticed that one, but wasn't phased by it.  Loose/lose is the one that gets me.  Like nails on a chalkboard when I encounter it.

I think you mean "fazed." Sorry, but I can't resist...the timing was just too funny! Granted, phase/faze is a really tricky one. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Portia said:

I think you mean "fazed." Sorry, but I can't resist...the timing was just too funny! Granted, phase/faze is a really tricky one. 

I was going to say the same thing but then started to overthink it, and couldn't convince myself to take the extra step and confirm before I posted. It is one of the trickier ones.

• Love 4
On 11/15/2019 at 7:37 PM, BradandJanet said:

I'm used to "affect" and "effect" mixups because they have related meanings, but "accept" and "except" are different in both meaning and grammar. That error stands out. 

I have had trouble with Affect & Effect ever since elementary school.  

I haven't kept track - where are the JRods living now?  Is there house  in WV still for sale? 

I'm dusting off my special occasion floor sweeping jean skirt getting ready for the big nuptials.  I'm so hoping that they will do a live wedding stream (for their ministry, of course, showing us heathans how a Christian wedding should be done.)   I'm praying for some horrid colored grifted sleazy bridesmaid dresses that they have to convert and  wear at least 2 modesty layers underneath.  For example - wearing an once strapless gown but wearing a cheap Tshirt underneath, that is a color or two off the color of the dress, making it more noticeable than it already is. Oh the possibilities.  

Just had a thought - you know Jill is pushing Nurie to ask Anna to be a bridesmaid or have another important part in the wedding like greeter or speaker.  That would be the ultimate for Jill.

Changing gears, it looks like Alyssa Bates Webster is spending this week, the week before Thanksgiving with Janie & her grandfather.  Before the rest of the clan invades next week.  Good for her to have a more quiet week to spend with Janie. I know they are close & sure it's the best for Alyssa's heart problems, too, to have some alone time (from the rest of her family) for her & the girls to be spoiled by her grandparents.  

Edited by Barb23
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Do you know it cost me almost $50.00 to get my tin foil gown cleaned. This wedding better be worth the money I spent. 

You should have taken it to a cheap carwash. Five dollars in quarters is about right. 

2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I have had trouble with Affect & Effect ever since elementary school.  

Here's a hint: "affect" is usually a verb, so think of the "a" to signify "action." "Effect" is usually a result, so the "e" can represent "end." Here's another one: "loose" is an adjective meaning unsecured, so the extra "o" is like the extra change rattling around in a pocket. "Lose" is the verb and is more common. When in doubt, use "lose." I think up mnemonics to help students remember, but making up your own is more useful. 

My guess is Anna would resort to anything to avoid being at that wedding, much less participating in it. However, if Jim Bob tells her to do it, she may have no choice. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

You should have taken it to a cheap carwash. Five dollars in quarters is about right. 

Here's a hint: "affect" is usually a verb, so think of the "a" to signify "action." "Effect" is usually a result, so the "e" can represent "end." Here's another one: "loose" is an adjective meaning unsecured, so the extra "o" is like the extra change rattling around in a pocket. "Lose" is the verb and is more common. When in doubt, use "lose." I think up mnemonics to help students remember, but making up your own is more useful. 

My guess is Anna would resort to anything to avoid being at that wedding, much less participating in it. However, if Jim Bob tells her to do it, she may have no choice. 

Except in psychology, when we talk about someone's "affect" or emotional state. Otherwise, this is true. 

I think Nathan looks the most like Suzette, whereas Priscilla looks the most like Mike. All of the other Keller children fall somewhere in between.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, I caught her error on first read. It's not the first time she's screwed up a post like that. 

Did you notice the "carset" error in her car seat post? Alyssa isn't very bright. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Did you notice the "carset" error in her car seat post? Alyssa isn't very bright. 

I think lots of bright people make these kinds of mistakes, especially on SM.  Alyssa is probably perfectly bright, but not attentive to grammatical details....or was never taught such details.  JMHO.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

I think lots of bright people make these kinds of mistakes, especially on SM.  Alyssa is probably perfectly bright, but not attentive to grammatical details....or was never taught such details.  JMHO.  

Or she was distracted and typing fast and her brain pushed her speeding fingers to skip letters or put in the wrong homophone, in the case of "accept" for "except." 

If I had a nickel for every time I charge through writing something and use "to" or "two" or "too" when I mean another one, or "threw" instead of "through."

And depending on what the written material is (whether it's something whose purpose means I'm going to spend real energy proofreading or not, that is) or depending on how distracted I am when I am proofreading (like if I have three little kids pulling on my arms), sometimes I see and fix this kind of typo and sometimes not. 

And I'm by no means uneducated or a bad writer (I'm told). 

I don't think we can tell much at all about Alyssa's writing ability or brain power from those particular mistakes, really. 

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Do you know it cost me almost $50.00 to get my tin foil gown cleaned. This wedding better be worth the money I spent. 

Somebody said tin foil dress ?  I found one . Sadly it's sold out .

Edited by lianau
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Timmy sent mamma flowers and a teddy bear.

And he got food poisoning from a burrito. 

Jilly send him some Plexus that cures everything!

All the damn presents. She has those kids scared to death of her. 

• Love 4

I have a strong suspicion her mention of it being late but still remembering basically means Tim got his ass chewed in the throes of food poisoning for not getting Queen Mama the required homages. 

Also I kinda wonder if Jill and David are thinking about suing the college over the food poisoning. That or using this as an excuse for why tim can't stay at the end of the year.

Keep on running, Tim!

2 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why did he sign his full name?

I wondered the same thing!

• Love 18
17 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

I have no doubt the groveling about missing Mama's birthday is because Mama called him and scalded his a** for not having gotten the gift there on time.  Severe food poisoning is no excuse!

BTW, those flowers cost 40 bucks, plus tax and delivery fees.  And Jill has a closet full of teddy bears and other stuffed animals she's extorted from her family over the years.  Why in heaven's name would she demand another tribute from her son who she has repeatedly told us doesn't have enough money to pay basic living expenses?

Anyone following her on Instagram want to ask her why she doesn't tell Tim not to spend his hard earned money on crap she doesn't need?

• Love 15

Well he is stunted thanks to mama and papa. So maybe he is 4.

1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

I have no doubt the groveling about missing Mama's birthday is because Mama called him and scalded his a** for not having gotten the gift there on time.  Severe food poisoning is no excuse!

BTW, those flowers cost 40 bucks, plus tax and delivery fees.  And Jill has a closet full of teddy bears and other stuffed animals she's extorted from her family over the years.  Why in heaven's name would she demand another tribute from her son who she has repeatedly told us doesn't have enough money to pay basic living expenses?

Anyone following her on Instagram want to ask her why she doesn't tell Tim not to spend his hard earned money on crap she doesn't need?

She always leaves comments off. No one can leave comments. Only likes. 

😞

• Love 3