Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Nysha said:

That's pretty hypocritical since she's married to a sex pest who molested his littel sisters.

On Reddit, posters are saying she's deleting and blocking anyone who asks her about Nathan and Nurie's engagement.

It is hypocritical,but at the same time,I'm glad Jill isn't getting the Duggar connection she wanted.Sometimes you just gotta laugh! LOL

• Love 6
On 11/12/2019 at 6:14 PM, galaxychaser said:

Nuri looks like a Russian babushka 

Both look so awkward together 

They do look awkward. It looks like they're about the same height (which is no big deal) and Nurie is slouching to try to appear shorter, too. I would imagine that in their world, your husband being taller is preferred, as he is supposed to be the leader and his wife is the submissive "helpmeet."

12 hours ago, Nysha said:

That's pretty hypocritical since she's married to a sex pest who molested his littel sisters.

On Reddit, posters are saying she's deleting and blocking anyone who asks her about Nathan and Nurie's engagement.

What am I missing here? I know the Rods are horrible by our standards, but why do we think Anna would refuse to even acknowledge them? Anna's parents seem to think they're great and Anna is still firmly steeped in the Kool-Aid.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, becca3891 said:

They do look awkward. It looks like they're about the same height (which is no big deal) and Nurie is slouching to try to appear shorter, too. I would imagine that in their world, your husband being taller is preferred, as he is supposed to be the leader and his wife is the submissive "helpmeet."

What am I missing here? I know the Rods are horrible by our standards, but why do we think Anna would refuse to even acknowledge them? Anna's parents seem to think they're great and Anna is still firmly steeped in the Kool-Aid.

There have been people who have posted about meeting Anna and finding her surprisingly stuck-up and standoffish. She probably thinks the Rods are grifters who aren’t on the same level as her Godly family. And I think we all know that the only reason the Kellers agreed to Nurie was that they had already lost three kids from the cult and didn’t want Nathan to bolt as well, and Nurie was an appropriately indoctrinated choice who was desperate enough to overlook Nathan’s appearance and relative lack of prospects. 

• Love 18

I wonder if Jim Bob or the pecan thief want Anna to ignore them? And Anna and Priscilla don't seem to be happy enough to acknowledge the engagement of their brother,idk.Maybe they see them as embarrassing and greedy.David works and doesn't seem to be lazy

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, sondraK said:

I wonder if Jim Bob or the pecan thief want Anna to ignore them? And Anna and Priscilla don't seem to be happy enough to acknowledge the engagement of their brother,idk.Maybe they see them as embarrassing and greedy.David works and doesn't seem to be lazy

I imagine the Rods are notorious as leeches and grifters in Fundie circles. My take is Anna and Priscilla don't want to open that door by being too chummy with Jill on social media. Priscilla could post a congratulations message and the next thing you know, fifteen people are camping on her front lawn. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Well we all know Jill isn’t going to do any cleaning, might ruin her nails!

And what’s up with the Bug Eye pictures? I guess to show they are all family members?

In a post, Jill explained this picture bragging about their baby blue eyes.  Most of her kids have David's brown eyes, also Jill likes to point out her "dark" children.  She is very proud of her blue eyed pale children.  A bit racist, Jill?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

As someone who suffered from hormonal acne for basically my whole young adult life and then into my 30s, I feel so badly for Nathan.  This isn't something simply washing your face right can easily fix.  However....a dermatologist may be able to at least help.  This poor kid is continually having break-outs all over and has visible acne scars on his face that will be there forever.  His parents really should have taken him to a dermatologist (I assume they have no health insurance, though).  Poor Nathan. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I get that Jill is scary AF and Anna probably doesn't want to encourage her and end up with Rod's her RV parked in front of her home for the next 6 months.  That said....

I totally can believe Anna is stuck up (or at least she was pre-Josh-scandal, but she probably figures he's been redeemed & that she should have her place back as Fundie queen-to-be as the once Duggar crown prince's wife).  Anna probably looks at the mess that are the Rod kids clothes and make-up alone and wants nothing to do with them because they don't fit with her 
"Fundie Royalty" modern "modest" image she's been cultivating for the past 6-7 years.

The thing is, Anna better remember that if it weren't for TLC, she damn well could be Jill Rodriquez, with her out-of-date clothes (Anna, remember your wedding dress? Remember frumpers?), awful hair (Remember your perm at your wedding?), and grifting induced by hunger?  That would likely be you had you married most of the other Fundie men who didn't have that TLC money and had a baby every two years.  If Jim Bob cut your husband off, you'd be close to living like the Rods again (unless y'all did a tell-all, maybe).  You and your kids may well have been singing for your supper on a cramped RV tour if TLC hadn't given the Duggars the ability to support a zillion kids above the poverty level.  And Anna, Nurie is your new sister-in-law.  You should at least congratulate her in the same way you publicly congratulate your Duggar in-laws on their engagements/weddings. Heck, you could at least "like" the posts about their engagement.  

Maybe be Christ-like and attempt to take Nurie under your wing and teach her about modern(ish) modest clothes that make her appear somewhat normal and about toning down her hair and make-up.  Nurie has only ever lived in Jill's world.  You've seen more of the world because of the things TLC afforded you (Josh's "fame" got him that position in DC where you lived more in the "real" world than Nurie ever has).  Maybe help Nurie so she doesn't feel any more awkward than she surely already feels/is.  I know that would require you thinking about someone besides yourself, Josh-u-a, and fetuses, but it would be a kind thing to do.  Or at least tell them congrats on social media (and turn the comments off).  

This is just so kind and lovely.  I hope Anna does this.  I can understand not wanting any part of Jill R and David but these children are really victims of their parents' bad decisions.  I hope Nurie has a great life with Nathan.  She certainly hasn't with Jill and David. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

As someone who suffered from hormonal acne for basically my whole young adult life and then into my 30s, I feel so badly for Nathan.  This isn't something simply washing your face right can easily fix.  However....a dermatologist may be able to at least help.  This poor kid is continually having break-outs all over and has visible acne scars on his face that will be there forever.  His parents really should have taken him to a dermatologist (I assume they have no health insurance, though).  Poor Nathan. 

My son acne (inherited from his father) that was just not getting any better . He went on accutane for a time being, had no problems with it and is acne free to this day. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

The thing that strikes me most about Nurie and Nathan is that they both look so OLD. They easily look like a late 20s/early 30s couple. They both need a good scrubbing and some better styling. Desperately. 

• Love 20
2 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

And Anna, Nurie is your new sister-in-law.  You should at least congratulate her in the same way you publicly congratulate your Duggar in-laws on their engagements/weddings. Heck, you could at least "like" the posts about their engagement.  

If she can post pictures with her disgusting turd of a molester husband, she could easily do this, along with everything else you said she should do in your most awesome post!

This engagment makes me wonder if Nurie came from a "normal" non-fundy family(and Nathan too) and she crossed paths with him, would she even give him a second look? My guess would be no. Now she will be stuck with this guy for the rest of her life and think he is the most wonderful man in the world.

Also, the fact these girls with their stringy outdated hair and hooker makeup, don't see their potential with new styles because they aren't really allowed, makes me sad.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

You've already got him on the hook, Jill, so maybe lay off a little? It's a little odd that you are fawning over him on social media more than his fiancee.  

Nathan's adult fiancee isn't allowed to use social media. Maybe Nathan isn't either. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Madtown said:

If she can post pictures with her disgusting turd of a molester husband, she could easily do this, along with everything else you said she should do in your most awesome post!

This engagment makes me wonder if Nurie came from a "normal" non-fundy family(and Nathan too) and she crossed paths with him, would she even give him a second look? My guess would be no. Now she will be stuck with this guy for the rest of her life and think he is the most wonderful man in the world.

Also, the fact these girls with their stringy outdated hair and hooker makeup, don't see their potential with new styles because they aren't really allowed, makes me sad.

Nurie might not and if she came from a normal family, she might go to school, date, not wear such outdated make up and hair, actually have a few pounds on her. She is a pretty girl if you update her a bit and probably could have ended up with a nice looking guy. She could have been a cheerleader! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

While we wait for a wedding date may I suggest a fabulous DIY project? Go into your closets and if you still have a pair of bridesmaid shoes I'm thinking modge podge and glitter to make them perfect to wear with your tinfoil dress. We all know that Jill will be envious! Hell we might have to make a pair for Nurie to wear on her special day! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

In Nurie's world she's marrying up. JRod is over the moon because it is a Duggar adjacent. The only thing she has been bred to do is become a wife and mother. 

It's no different than what the Kellers did with Anna, Esther, and Pris. No different than the Bateses, Caldwells, Swansons, etc. Marrying off their daughters to prominent families is of the utmost importance. If they're happy then it is an unexpected bonus. 

It is amusing that Anna won't even acknowledge her little brother's engagement though. Although Anna did leave the Keller household when Nathan was 12 so it is quite possible she doesn't have any sort of relationship with him. She seems to be much closer with her in-laws above the rest.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I imagine the Rods are notorious as leeches and grifters in Fundie circles. My take is Anna and Priscilla don't want to open that door by being too chummy with Jill on social media. Priscilla could post a congratulations message and the next thing you know, fifteen people are camping on her front lawn. 

Good thought.

Have Esther and John in Africa acknowledged them? We know they're on SM 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Shrader, acknowledge anyone that isn't himself?

I believe Esther has her own private account though.

Oh yes,I forgot,it's all about him! 

Maybe the sibs have congratulated them privately,idk.At least Jill didn't get to gloat over it anymore than she already has

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Nathan may not be the best looking fellow but he seems like a nice young man, and I think he may treat Nurie well.  She'll probably be better off with him, once she gets used to marriage and a new life, than sticking with that dreadful Rodriguez crowd~

I think so,too.I hope he feeds her well

• Love 14
8 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Shrader, acknowledge anyone that isn't himself?

I believe Esther has her own private account though.

Maybe he'll write a poem to be recited at the wedding

Edited by Broken Ox
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Nathan may not be the best looking fellow but he seems like a nice young man, and I think he may treat Nurie well.  She'll probably be better off with him, once she gets used to marriage and a new life, than sticking with that dreadful Rodriguez crowd~

I think it's a good match. They both come from the same world and understand each other.

Annnnnnddddd Nathan has a JOB something that David does not. I don't see Nurie ever going hungry again since Nathan can provide.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Jill doesn’t want anyone to forget that her sister is quadriplegic.

5F156E6B-5A1E-44BF-B92E-E4F5C52BA6CF.jpeg

Wait, is that home security camera footage on the TV in the background? That’s just creepy and takes lack of privacy to a whole new level. We have a home security system...with a camera in our baby’s room (in place of a Baby monitor), one pointed at the pool, one in our detached garage, and one at our front door. It has NEVER been streaming on our tv. When our daughter is asleep, we will play her feed on the Echo Show, otherwise, the feeds aren’t even looked at unless we get an alarm. How completely creepy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, sugarplum said:

Wait, is that home security camera footage on the TV in the background? That’s just creepy and takes lack of privacy to a whole new level. We have a home security system...with a camera in our baby’s room (in place of a Baby monitor), one pointed at the pool, one in our detached garage, and one at our front door. It has NEVER been streaming on our tv. When our daughter is asleep, we will play her feed on the Echo Show, otherwise, the feeds aren’t even looked at unless we get an alarm. How completely creepy. 

It looks more like a store than a home on that TV, but on this small screen it's hard to tell. The background of the photo doesn't look like a home, but some public place. 

7 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Maybe he will bring her chicken legs and cake and purple gum?

I would really love to know what happened to nurie’s other suiter!  Did he end it? Did the rods end it?  

• Love 1