Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, given how much Sierra is the star of the show even where her own kids are concerned, I'm not too surprised that she's managed to moan and guilt her mother into providing free (sorry -- I can't imagine it's otherwise) child care whenever she wants it. ....

After all, her mom only had three kids -- so surely she's got plenty of childcare energy left that she can turn to the godly duty of supporting her (no doubt) holiest daughter, the Mommy Martyr for Jesus. 

I guess I should be grateful that Sierra says a few complimentary words about her mom. She's at least pretending to be grateful and not treating her entirely like a Jslave. 

I think you're right about Nanny being  Sierra's mother. I might agree with the rest but two things:

1. Sierra's mother lives far enough away that she can't be there all the time.

2. Sierra has a very sick baby in the emergency room which is enough to make anyone call favors to get someone to watch the other child/ren. 

I do get the sense that Sierra geniunely loves and appreciates her mother. 

• Love 7

Doodlebug, referring to the photo of Sierra in the chair holding her sick baby, is the long blue tube hooked up to a ventilator?  Sierra mentioned that her baby was nursing but could a ventilated baby possible even feed?  

I only worked with adults (31 years at a VA hospital as an x-ray tech) and all patients on the ventilator also had a feeding tube.

I do feel very sorry and scared for Sierra.  To see her plump, thriving, healthy baby get so sick must be terrible.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I think you're right about Nanny being  Sierra's mother. I might agree with the rest but two things:

1. Sierra's mother lives far enough away that she can't be there all the time.

2. Sierra has a very sick baby in the emergency room which is enough to make anyone call favors to get someone to watch the other child/ren. 

I do get the sense that Sierra geniunely loves and appreciates her mother. 

Yeah, I pretty much agree.

She did call on her mother back when she was pregnant with this kid and griping about how hard it all was too, though. And I'm pretty sure I remember her mother and father showing up. 

That does piss me off. Because there's no law that you have to have more kids than you can handle. She brought that entirely on herself.....

And if she was griping about being unable to handle things and whining for help from the grandparents with the number of kids she had before this baby, she's likely to keep right on doing it. 

I hope to heck she stops having babies now. But unfortunately I expect that's unlikely unless medical reasons intervene.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, louannems said:

Doodlebug, referring to the photo of Sierra in the chair holding her sick baby, is the long blue tube hooked up to a ventilator?  Sierra mentioned that her baby was nursing but could a ventilated baby possible even feed?  

I only worked with adults (31 years at a VA hospital as an x-ray tech) and all patients on the ventilator also had a feeding tube.

I do feel very sorry and scared for Sierra.  To see her plump, thriving, healthy baby get so sick must be terrible.

No, he's not intubated, you can see from the photos where he's in the crib.  He does have a nasal cannula giving him oxygen.  I think the blue tube is for that, I think it probably is hooked to a humidifier for his O2.

And, of course, if he was intubated, he wouldn't be able to nurse, he'd have a feeding tube.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 13

Didn't Sierra make a post a few weeks ago basically saying she made her mom cancel her plans so she could take care of her kids? 🙄 She can't handle all those damn kids, I feel for her mother. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Not Doodlebug, but I am an adult ICU nurse.  There is a pump in the background of the photo which is the same one we uses for inhaled medications for our really sick respiratory patients.  My guess is the baby is receiving continuous nebulizer treatments or other medications through a mask or cannula attached to the blue tubing.  And I agree with Doodlebug that whatever supplemental oxygen the baby is getting is also humidified.  

• Useful 9
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I can see Nurie ending up in a Lady Di wedding monstrosity. 

What I was thinking. The wedding dresses above do not have appropriately puffy sleeves.

Edited by LilJen
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

1. Wedding dress for Nuri. 2. Mother of the bride dress for JillR. 3. Bridesmaid dress. 4. Flower Girl dress.

0a27f9d6ff59b4123cb608725018ffef.jpg611uI2+8hsL._UX522_.jpg

The first dress is giving me Grace Kelley vibes, tbh. I think it's the neckline. And I done care for the overlay of the skirt on the second, but other than that I kind of like the dress. Neither are that awful, other than being far too voluminous for my taste. But the style is nice enough, which is why I don't see either Nurie or Jill in it.

I'd expect something with far more frills but just as poufy.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, doodlebug said:

No, he's not intubated, you can see from the photos where he's in the crib.  He does have a nasal cannula giving him oxygen.  I think the blue tube is for that, I think it probably is hooked to a humidifier for his O2.

And, of course, if he was intubated, he wouldn't be able to nurse, he'd have a feeding tube.

Sierra said he had an NG tube.  Why would that be necessary for a respiratory problem?

On 11/8/2019 at 5:56 PM, Oldernowiser said:

Just because you accidentally figured out how to put an accent over an “e” on your phone because you were in McD’s drive-thru and hit that key too long doesn’t mean you should sentence your newborn to a lifetime of, “No, it’s Chloe with a k. And an accent over the e. Yes, really.”

So classy...or should that be klássy?

Chik Fil A

On 11/9/2019 at 4:19 AM, Jynnan tonnix said:

I was going to say the same thing. Dr Seuss is still a pleasure for me to read. Loved him as a kid, loved reading him to my kids, and now my granddaughter. As you say, the meter and cadence are everything. There is something about perfect meter and clever rhymes (or even if they are not particularly clever, but just perfectly set, just like a piece of a puzzle that snaps into place) which makes my mind calm and positively joyful - it's like flying.  Shrader's scribblings have the complete opposite effect; they make me itchy and stabby.

By the way, as an aside, does anyone here follow Randy Rainbow? Now there's a modern-day master of meter and cadence. I find his song parodies not only hilarious, but deeply satisfying on an aesthetic level. 

I love Randy Rainbow!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Purple is Nurie's favorite color, so you might get your wish!

The style of the pink dress is Jill's. She'd love it. Anything to stand out. Nurie can wear any old thing as long as it's white to advertise her purity. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 11/10/2019 at 8:30 AM, galaxygirl76 said:

I don't know about you guys but I can't wait for this trainwreck of a wedding. 

I AM SO HERE FOR IT. I would straight up pay to watch this on pay-per-view or something.

On 11/9/2019 at 9:26 PM, Temperance said:

I can't wait to see the reaction from David and Priscilla. I have to admit David is one of my least favorite fundies and I look forward to see his interactions with the Rods. 

I would love to see his smug face while he's trapped in conversation with Jill. Hahahaha.

BTW, has Anna told the happy couple congratulations on social media yet? Or is she just ignoring this the best she can so as to not feed/encourage Jill's need for attention via Duggar connections?

Also, Sierra is insane.  Granted, I would be, too, if I had seven kids.  But that's why I stopped at two.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 17
On 11/9/2019 at 8:14 PM, ginger90 said:

10 pictures:

"We cannot WAIT to see how God is going to use this powerful duo for His honor and glory!"

He's going to "use" them create more uneducated, underfed, brainwashed children who can be indoctrinated into the Quiverfull cult with the goal of creating a "Christian" voting block who preaches hate to anyone slightly different (and bonus: the girl children will be parentified into sister-moms). JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER FUNDIE COUPLE.  They will just reproduce and attempt to spread hate.  BORING. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I AM SO HERE FOR IT. I would straight up pay to watch this on pay-per-view or something.

I would love to see his smug face while he's trapped in conversation with Jill. Hahahaha.

BTW, has Anna told the happy couple congratulations on social media yet? Or is she just ignoring this the best she can so as to not feed/encourage Jill's need for attention via Duggar connections?

Also, Sierra is insane.  Granted, I would be as well if I had seven kids.  But that's why I stopped at two.

Some of us have already speculated about how a Jill/TFDW interaction would go (not well, most likely). 

Anna and Priscilla haven't said anything publicly. Jill turns off her comments, and neither sister has posted anything themselves. 

• Love 5
On 11/11/2019 at 6:24 PM, Fuzzysox said:

Jill's new title: The Fundie Wedding Singer 

All right. But who plays George when JRod needs to take a break?

"Do you really want to hurt me? Do you really want to make me cry?"

Now I just have a vision of JRod sobbing through Madonna's Holiday as she says goodbye to Precious Nurie.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Also, Sierra is insane.  Granted, I would be, too, if I had seven kids.  But that's why I stopped at two.

Oh, you KNOW Anna is livid over this engagement. She thinks way too highly of herself to be able to deal with being related-by-marriage to the Rods. 

3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Well... Nuri now had elbow sex and held hands with a boy. Is she pure?

🙄🙄🙄🙄 poor thing hasn’t even been kissed yet but off to get hitched. Follow by baby 9 months later. Yay.

No way those to figure out sex in time for a honeymoon baby.

• LOL 15
26 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

I thought the Rods were stacked up in a motel room like lumber? Now they have a yard again?

I assumed they were still at the resort where the engagement happened?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, beagletime said:

Is nothing private anymore?  I see these type of posts all over Instagram and Facebook, so it's not just Sierra.   Focus on your child and don't worry about the posting.

But, but, but how is she going to grift without evidence that she is suffering? She looks at least 40 in that picture. Sierra I don't know what you are trying to prove by having kid after kid? If you sinned in the past, let it go. No need to have more blessings to prove you have found Jesus!   

13 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

All right. But who plays George when JRod needs to take a break?

"Do you really want to hurt me? Do you really want to make me cry?"

Now I just have a vision of JRod sobbing through Madonna's Holiday as she says goodbye to Precious Nurie.

TFDW of course!!!!!!!!!!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Some of us have already speculated about how a Jill/TFDW interaction would go (not well, most likely). 

Anna and Priscilla haven't said anything publicly. Jill turns off her comments, and neither sister has posted anything themselves. 

Didn't David perform what is the equivalent of a Sunday School concert during his wedding? Maybe he and Janessa can sing a duet.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

"We cannot WAIT to see how God is going to use this powerful duo for His honor and glory!"

He's going to "use" them create more uneducated, underfed, brainwashed children who can be indoctrinated into the Quiverfull cult with the goal of creating a "Christian" voting block who preaches hate to anyone slightly different (and bonus: the girl children will be parentified into sister-moms). JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER FUNDIE COUPLE.  They will just reproduce and attempt to spread hate.  BORING. 

That's it all right. And, tragically, "boring" is the most positive of all the adjectives that apply. 

15 hours ago, lianau said:

Is that a female Rodlet without a skirt over the pink snowsuit?  I'm confused .

She probably has a skirt shoved down in the snowsuit, though.....

So her form and legs are obscured --- just from the inside instead of from the outside.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, lianau said:

Maybe the baby is too sick and tired to nurse properly .

I think this is likely.  Nursing can be exhausting, especially for a sick kid who is short of breath already.  His oxygen sats might've dropped while nursing so they put the tube in to supplement his feedings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

TFDW of course!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of money could be made if this was done pay per view.  I know I would give up hard earned money to see Jilly and TFDW sing Culture Club!!  Of course, they have to dress like George.  We know Jilly has enough make up.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Punkadoo said:

My wedding guess is that Nuri will wear Jill's wedding dress to honor mama. Jill will be the one to get the new dress.

I have the small hope that Jill will turn this wedding into a giant f*ck you Internet moment and Nurie will get a new pretty dress out of it . 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Punkadoo said:

My wedding guess is that Nuri will wear Jill's wedding dress to honor mama. Jill will be the one to get the new dress.

I'm afraid you're right.  That sounds exactly like something Jill would do.

18 hours ago, lascuba said:
20 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Read more  

Oh, you KNOW Anna is livid over this engagement. She thinks way too highly of herself to be able to deal with being related-by-marriage to the Rods. 

That's pretty hypocritical since she's married to a sex pest who molested his littel sisters.

On Reddit, posters are saying she's deleting and blocking anyone who asks her about Nathan and Nurie's engagement.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Punkadoo said:

May very well happen that way. And the party line may be that it's meant to honor Mama, but in reality, if Jill could Plexus her way down to fitting in her original wedding gown again, she'd do it for the bragging rights. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 7