Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On the coupe having ugly offspring..DNA can be a weird thing...I've seen beautiful ppl have fugly kids,and vice versa.It's not necessarily a determination either way.

That said,I hope somehow,they manage to have beautiful children.I don't wish fugly on any child

• Love 13

Nurie definitely knew because she made sure Nathan's tie matched the dress. And the dress, my first thought was, huh, hair's not bad and I like the dress. Then I saw the bottom of it.

If I think too hard about this engagement (and other Fundy engagements) I get sad. It's sad to think they barely know each other, it's sad to think they've never had even basic contact, it's sad to think, no matter what, they're together forever and it's sad to think Nurie will have a baby before the end of 2020.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

David Waller just seems pompous, smug, and holier than thou. He and Priscilla haven't said anything about this courtship which says a lot. I get the feeling if they liked the family/girl better they would have said something.  Especially after watching the Youth for Christ Conference video, where David and Priscilla did a talk a for young people with JB and Michelle (in same video, Michelle went off on her girls wearing pants). David went on and on about how Priscilla had been the perfect fundie SAHD really focusing on her relationships with her younger brothers, "investing in her younger brothers".  Now one of those brothers is courting a Godly maiden and there has been silence. So I get the sense he isn't too keen on the relationship.

David should take heart though. He's actually very much like the Rods. For example this line from  his (David Waller's) courtship story/about page: "Having never dated any girls except my mom and sisters, it was super special to go out to a few restaurants during this time and share in many special memories. It was also a very meaningful time to hear of Priscilla’s heart desires, dreams, goals, and also some of her concerns and fears. This sharing united our hearts at a much deeper level than I have ever known in any relationship and has been one of the best things that has ever happened in my walk with the Lord."

What did michelle say about the girls wearing pants? I know she did not say much on a TH on a show recently...and as a side note...lots of the bates girls are wearing pants now...

Sierra, Jessa's friend...has her little boy in the hospital in Little rock for a virus and seizure...its the new baby Merrick. She has the info on IG

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I bet Jill is seething that the Plath family got a teevee show and her circus is still without a promoter  BUT there is hope since Nurie's own personal circus will throw their family into the path of other high ranking fundies.

(Jane Austen pardon me)

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I won't be surprised if some of Jill's brood ends up marrying some of John and Esther Shrader...Anna's sister's..kids.Jill n John are both excellent grifters,and Jill would want the attention and gifts it would bring.

Perhaps John will be back in the states by the time his oldest are of courting age..

Edited by sondraK
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Jill as Matron of Honor is just ridiculous.  Nurie has a crap-ton of sisters she could ask and maybe even a few fundie friends.  I thought it was weird when Michaela Bates did it.  I felt in that case that Kelly was a bit embarrassed by the request.  Mother of the bride already has a role, but it must not be a big enough role for JRod.  She will never give poor Nurie a moment of peace and will certainly not allow her her to be the star on her own wedding day.  This may be the precedent for all of her daughters' weddings - her as Matron of Honor.  It would not surprise me if she wore white as well or renewed her vows with Shrek alongside Nurie and Nathan.  Nothing that woman would do surprises me!  

• Love 6
13 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Congratulations Nathan and Nurie. And move as far as you can away from Jill as you can get.

Sadly, I suspect that wherever Nurie and Nathan call home, JillR will be hanging around. As long as the Wallers  Kellers (sorry) (i.e., Nathan's parents) tolerate the Rod circus and tif he Rods can do enough grifting in the area to get by. It's remotely possible that after marriage, Nathan may take his balls back out of his father's back pocket, and as Nurie's headship set some boundaries that move JillR out of the complete center of Nurie's life. Okay, that's a fantasy. But, a fun one. I think Nathan's parents will be stuck with the Rods since they are inlaws and spout the fundie party line. But I don't think the Wallers Kellers are very well-off and I can see Pa Waller Keller giving JillR's grifting ways the cold cold shoulder sooner or later, if he hasn't already.

But in reality, as soon as Nurie and Nathan set up a home somewhere, JillR will either pack everybody into the RV for a very very long "visit" with Nurie and Nathan (and the famous fundie Wallers Kellers who are now "family") or will manage to grift a house nearby. 

Edited by Jeeves
I said Waller when I should have said Keller - sorry!
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, awaken said:

They must be THRILLED to get to side hug and hold hands!  Love how that was pointedly documented in photos!

there is no spark but hopefully that will grow once they actually get to know each other!

so much snark to come with the wedding planning!  Jill is going to go nuts. 

They already had elbow sex 😂

• LOL 9
11 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The Rod kids better start fasting to pray for Nurie's happiness save grocery money to pay for this wedding. I can't see Jill settling for anything less than the biggest, tackiest shindig she can hold for the young couple herself.

I can't see Jill settling for anything less than the biggest, tackiest shindig she can grift for the young couple herself. 

• Love 20

I'm still wondering how their "house hunting" trip to Ohio fits into the Rods' situation. If Nurie's marrying into the Wallers, Kellers you'd think they would be looking at a place in Florida near the Wallers Kellers. It's all very odd. But then, this is JillR, so . . .

ETA: Thanks to @Absolomor the correction. Sorry I get these fundie families mixed up!

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Well Jill got what she wanted a in with the Duggar family now maybe she can get one of her kids to marry one of the Duggars.

Only close to an in though. No other Keller, beside Priscilla, has anything to do with the Duggars. And that's because David is best friends with Josh.

JillR will need to keep trying.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I can totally see Nathan and Nuri having a sliver of cake each while daddy Rod eats the rest. 

Its going to be a hungry wedding. Jill will probably cook 2 pounds of pasta for all. And maybe hotdogs in wonder bread instead of buns.

I can’t wait. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Only close to an in though. No other Keller, beside Priscilla, has anything to do with the Duggars. And that's because David is best friends with Josh.

Did you forget about Anna Keller also known as Mrs.Smuggar?

Just now, heckkitty said:

Work? In this crowd?

Before he was allowed to get engaged to her Jill taught him grifting 101.

• LOL 4
1 minute ago, Rabbittron said:

Did you forget about Anna Keller also known as Mrs.Smuggar?

Nope. She's the only one who is a Duggar now. As I said that did not bring the rest of her family into the fold, so I don't see it bringing in Nathan and Nuri in either.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

I'm still wondering how their "house hunting" trip to Ohio fits into the Rods' situation. If Nurie's marrying into the Wallers, you'd think they would be looking at a place in Florida near the Wallers. It's all very odd. But then, this is JillR, so . . .

Kellers.  I've seen a couple other people get the wrong family.  David Waller married a Keller daughter Priscilla sister to Nathan.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I can totally see Nathan and Nuri having a sliver of cake each while daddy Rod eats the rest. 

Its going to be a hungry wedding. Jill will probably cook 2 pounds of pasta for all. And maybe hotdogs in wonder bread instead of buns.

I can’t wait. 

It did cross my mind that they are going to need a good sized cake if they want to feed their guests and Daddy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I can’t wait. 

I doubt Jill cares about the thousand guests she hopes will show up, but she's not going to leave the Duggars hungry. This wedding is Jill's opportunity to show she belongs with the fundie elite. This will be her biggest grift ever!

• Love 15
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Nope. She's the only one who is a Duggar now. As I said that did not bring the rest of her family into the fold, so I don't see it bringing in Nathan and Nuri in either.

I wonder put anything past Jill

Edited by Rabbittron
  • Love 2

FINALLY!! What Pimp Momma Jill has been working for for years and years, a chance to be close to fundie royalty!!!

Congrats to Nurie and Nathan, but we all know the truth that it's really Jill's special day. I think she will wear her tiara (because seriously she has EARNED it) some lovely Dollar Tree makeup and her biggest, baddest pageant hair to outcrown poor Nurie.

I'm too overcome with excitement from the prospect of this whole affair to think of anything else....well maybe except that TFDW will now be her brother in law. Perhaps he will gift his talents to become the wedding planner vs leaving it up to Jill.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

Well, my prediction was off.  When the Nurie courtship was announced, I was thinking an early October engagement and a Christmas wedding.  Since it’s already November, I’ll revise it to a Valentine’s Day wedding.  Seven weeks would likely not be enough time for Jill to grift what she needs for the wedding, plus a Valentine themed wedding, complete with hearts, doilies and Pepto-Bismol pink would be right up Jill’s alley.

I’m surprised to see the happy couple holding hands in honor of the engagement.  Who knows where such contact might lead?  I thought for sure there would be a no touch engagement so that Jill could brag about Nurie and Nathan being the godliest couple ever.

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

It's also because David Waller was working for IBLP.  For example, he's supposedly a ghost writer of the Duggar girls' book.

The Kellers were featured more prominently on 19 Kids & Counting before the scandals got out and Josh and Anna were the only married couple. Also a lot of the Keller children are no longer fundie so that puts them out with the Duggars.  Of the 6 oldest, three of them (Esther, Priscilla and Anna) are still fundie while three of them (Rebekah, Daniel, Susanna) are secular. The youngest two Kellers are boys  and the parents have been doing their best to make sure they stay fundie. Nathan is one of the two youngest. 

Priscilla and Anna seem like best friends as well. 

• Love 8

Isn’t it interesting how every fundie girl seems to have a fresh manicure on the day she is proposed to? 

Also, it may be interesting to see how many of the “elite fundies” choose not to attend the upcoming wedding. I’ll bet a lot of them want to stay as far away from the Rodrigues Circus as possible. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Libby96 said:

Well, my prediction was off.  When the Nurie courtship was announced, I was thinking an early October engagement and a Christmas wedding.  Since it’s already November, I’ll revise it to a Valentine’s Day wedding.  Seven weeks would likely not be enough time for Jill to grift what she needs for the wedding, plus a Valentine themed wedding, complete with hearts, doilies and Pepto-Bismol pink would be right up Jill’s alley.

I’m surprised to see the happy couple holding hands in honor of the engagement.  Who knows where such contact might lead?  I thought for sure there would be a no touch engagement so that Jill could brag about Nurie and Nathan being the godliest couple ever.

You mean PLEXUS PINK!

• LOL 12
10 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I bet Jill is seething that the Plath family got a teevee show and her circus is still without a promoter  BUT there is hope since Nurie's own personal circus will throw their family into the path of other high ranking fundies.

(Jane Austen pardon me)

I'm pretty sure Jane will pardon you instantly. She'd love skewering these people. Especially the parents! 

(She'd also have quite a bit to say about their pastors...)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Nurie definitely knew because she made sure Nathan's tie matched the dress. And the dress, my first thought was, huh, hair's not bad and I like the dress. Then I saw the bottom of it.

What? You don't tie a couple of lace table skirts around your waist before you put on a dress that doesn't fully cover your knees? 

What is this world coming to?

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Wow, they're already color coordinating their outfits... is that allowed, before marriage?

Those are some sadly tiny cake slices at the end. Did David get the rest of the cake or something?

I imagine it's a household of females above a certain age encouraged to "sweetly demur", much in the manner of ladies in the workplace "Oh no, that piece of cake is MUCH too big... cut me half of that.  No, less.  No, that's fine - I'll just take the top triangle!"

• Love 1