Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

More John Shrader poetry! John Shrader has been married to oldest Keller Esther for 18 years. Her siblings include Priscilla Waller, Anna Duggar and Nathan Keller (suitor of Nurie).

First poem:

Still On The Honeymoon!
(My 18th Anniversary gift to my wife)

I'd like to tell you a story,
It's enough to make one swoon
I love to say it quite often,
We're still on the Honeymoon!

I'm so glad we committed to Courtship,
Dating's a worldly invention so bad
And though many Christians use it,
Its failures are heartbreakingly sad

God gave us pre-marriage instructions,
In I Corinthians chapter seven
Seek the Lord without distraction,
If you want a marriage "made in Heaven!"

I'm so glad I finally listened,
And decided to trust my Lord
He's really the best matchmaker,
It's all there in His Word

So He took a family in Florida,
That ours didn't even know
And if I told you everything,
My how this poem would grow!

He brought a lovely lady,
A woman of completely purity
She had never even written a note,
Until engaged she wrote to me

We had our parent's blessing,
Honouring them and trusting our King
It was amazing the way He directed,
In every little thing

Eighteen glorious years ago,
And on this very day
My beautiful bride took my hand in hers,
And precious words did say

We vowed before our Holy God,
Our marriage was for Him
That We His Word would follow,
And in His presence live

My wife is so amazing,
She's so godly and loving you see
But the thing that totally thrills me,
She's wildly in love with me!

After eighteen years of marriage,
Our twelfth child will be born soon
I assure you I'm not kidding,

"I can tell," you might say with a chuckle,
And that's just fine by me
For this lovely wonderful woman,
Is still "head over heels" for me!

We love to laugh together,
To talk for hours on end
I promise I'm not exaggerating,
This sweetheart is my closest earthly friend

She loves so very deeply,
Our children and the people here
Why to spend a few moments with her,
It fills your heart with cheer

She walks so close with Jesus,
A true "prayer warrior" is she
So many that have asked her to pray,
Clearly answered prayer they've seen

She truly loves our children,
Has taught them to love Christ
Just like one of her favorite Scriptures,
Christ truly is her life

I know of no godlier woman,
She with God truly walks
And brother she truly lives it,
With her it's not just talk

I rise and call her blessed,
I'm honored her husband to be
And it fills me with amazement,
This woman's in love with me!

Our marriage is so wonderful,
Mere words cannot describe
There's a priceless love between us,
God's Gift that we greatly prize

God's truly blessed our union,
It started all with Him
I'm so glad I let Him direct me,
Even now as He did then

There's so much more I could tell you,
The full story is amazing to hear
Some time you should ask me to tell it,
If you've a couple hours to "lend your ear"

But the thing I'll keep repeating,
It's enough to send me "to the moon"
Eighteen years and twelve children later,
We're STILL on the Honeymoon!

Loving written for my amazing, gorgeous, incredible, indescribable, unbelievable, and beautiful Bride on this day, the Third of November, In the Year Of Our Lord Two Thousand and Nineteen, the day of our Eighteenth Wedding Anniversary.

John Shrader
Zambia

• LOL 16
34 minutes ago, Temperance said:

More John Shrader poetry! John Shrader has been married to oldest Keller Esther for 18 years. Her siblings include Priscilla Waller, Anna Duggar and Nathan Keller (suitor of Nurie).

First poem:

Still On The Honeymoon!

Courtship worked out well for Joshua Harris... Until is didn't .

• Love 11

That was the first Shrader poem I've read in its entirety in quite some time. My eyes have usually become sore from all the rolling long before the end of his ramblings.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

I've armchair diagnosed him as bipolar. His mood swings are severe. He dashes off these "pomes" in his manic phases. When he's depressed, he tales to his bed and writes about how he's being persecuted. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

I have went to the dollar store at times and gotten cake mix for $1,and frosting for .88.Aside from eggs and oil,the whole cake cost $1.88 to make.I would have never used pie or cake rolls in place of a real cake.

I wonder if Jill gets a real cake for her bday?

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, sondraK said:

I have went to the dollar store at times and gotten cake mix for $1,and frosting for .88.Aside from eggs and oil,the whole cake cost $1.88 to make.I would have never used pie or cake rolls in place of a real cake.

I wonder if Jill gets a real cake for her bday?

Looked like she did. There were candles so I assume yes. I bet the kids got 25% of the cake. Tubby hubby got the rest. 

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Looked like she did. There were candles so I assume yes. I bet the kids got 25% of the cake. Tubby hubby got the rest. 

I bet that's where the rest of the pie went,too.LOL

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, sondraK said:

I bet that's where the rest of the pie went,too.LOL

That little leftover piece of pie - sitting in the original pie pan - with a candle on it? Proffered to the kid as their birthday tribute? Lord. That is somewhere between sad and infuriating. The narcissistic bitch couldn't even be bothered to put the piece of pie on a clean plate for the occasion? How much effort would that have even taken? She could have ordered one of the older kids to do it, FFS, if she was too busy or special. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Temperance said:

First poem:

Still On The Honeymoon!

I'd like to tell you a story,
It's enough to make one swoon
I love to say it quite often,

God gave us pre-marriage instructions,
In I Corinthians chapter seven
Seek the Lord without distraction,
If you want a marriage "made in Heaven!"

I'm so glad I finally listened,
And decided to trust my Lord
He's really the best matchmaker,
It's all there in His Word

So He took a family in Florida,
That ours didn't even know
And if I told you everything,
My how this poem would grow!

He brought a lovely lady,
A woman of completely purity
She had never even written a note,
Until engaged she wrote to me

We had our parent's blessing,
Honouring them and trusting our King
It was amazing the way He directed,
In every little thing

Eighteen glorious years ago,
And on this very day
My beautiful bride took my hand in hers,
And precious words did say

We vowed before our Holy God,
Our marriage was for Him
That We His Word would follow,
And in His presence live

My wife is so amazing,
She's so godly and loving you see
But the thing that totally thrills me,
She's wildly in love with me!

After eighteen years of marriage,
Our twelfth child will be born soon
I assure you I'm not kidding,

"I can tell," you might say with a chuckle,
And that's just fine by me
For this lovely wonderful woman,
Is still "head over heels" for me!

We love to laugh together,
To talk for hours on end
I promise I'm not exaggerating,
This sweetheart is my closest earthly friend

She loves so very deeply,
Our children and the people here
Why to spend a few moments with her,
It fills your heart with cheer

She walks so close with Jesus,
A true "prayer warrior" is she
So many that have asked her to pray,
Clearly answered prayer they've seen

She truly loves our children,
Has taught them to love Christ
Just like one of her favorite Scriptures,
Christ truly is her life

I know of no godlier woman,
She with God truly walks
And brother she truly lives it,
With her it's not just talk

I rise and call her blessed,
I'm honored her husband to be
And it fills me with amazement,
This woman's in love with me!

Our marriage is so wonderful,
Mere words cannot describe
There's a priceless love between us,
God's Gift that we greatly prize

God's truly blessed our union,
It started all with Him
I'm so glad I let Him direct me,
Even now as He did then

There's so much more I could tell you,
The full story is amazing to hear
Some time you should ask me to tell it,
If you've a couple hours to "lend your ear"

But the thing I'll keep repeating,
It's enough to send me "to the moon"
Eighteen years and twelve children later,
We're STILL on the Honeymoon!

Loving written for my amazing, gorgeous, incredible, indescribable, unbelievable, and beautiful Bride on this day, the Third of November, In the Year Of Our Lord Two Thousand and Nineteen, the day of our Eighteenth Wedding Anniversary.

John Shrader
Zambia

He's a modern day John Keats!

• LOL 14
On 11/6/2019 at 1:32 PM, BradandJanet said:

Jill is too busy washing windows in the house [/s] to pick up gifts for her spawn. She has plenty of time to post photos and descriptions of the gifts they give her, however. Remember Tim, who couldn't pay for his textbooks, sending her flowers from college?

I'd love to see Jill receive a roll of toilet paper as a gift! A box of maxi-pads! A can of insect spray! She should be celebrated properly for what she is--a loathsome, selfish piece of shit.  

Her poor children don't seem to have any toys or books. She's certainly posted enough videos and pictures of inside her home and with 13 children, there should be toys!  But no, not even kid's artwork on the fridge or walls.

But often, Jill has opened her closet to show her YouTube people all of her many stuffed animals gifted her from her lazy husband and her indentured kids.

10 hours ago, Jeeves said:

That little leftover piece of pie - sitting in the original pie pan - with a candle on it? Proffered to the kid as their birthday tribute? Lord. That is somewhere between sad and infuriating. The narcissistic bitch couldn't even be bothered to put the piece of pie on a clean plate for the occasion? How much effort would that have even taken? She could have ordered one of the older kids to do it, FFS, if she was too busy or special. 

Because the pie was going back into the fridge where it'll stay until King Rod wants it. I agree sad and infuriating.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, louannems said:

Her poor children don't seem to have any toys or books. She's certainly posted enough videos and pictures of inside her home and with 13 children, there should be toys!  But no, not even kid's artwork on the fridge or walls.

But often, Jill has opened her closet to show her YouTube people all of her many stuffed animals gifted her from her lazy husband and her indentured kids.

I bet some of the kids would love to have a lovey of their own,but i bet Jill wouldn't part with any of them

• Love 1
4 hours ago, louannems said:

That vile POS actually makes Ma Duggar look like MOTY, and that’s really saying something.

• Love 7
On 11/6/2019 at 6:42 PM, lianau said:

Courtship worked out well for Joshua Harris... Until is didn't .

I was so excited when Joshua Harris renounced his faith and apologized for "I Kissed Dating Goodbye." I and everyone I knew in the world of homeschooling in the 90s was forced to read it.

On 11/7/2019 at 12:01 AM, Sew Sumi said:

I've armchair diagnosed him as bipolar. His mood swings are severe. He dashes off these "pomes" in his manic phases. When he's depressed, he tales to his bed and writes about how he's being persecuted. 

Wow. I don't know much about him but that's really interesting, and also too bad if true, considering they don't believe in mental illness or the necessity of medication to treat it. The poem was cringe-worthy, although sweet in parts if he really means it and wasn't just manic and viewing his life through rose colored glasses.

• Love 6

John Shrader’s poem.... wow.  Just wow.  I guess dashing off some semi-rhyming lines on special occasions is easier than actually doing the work necessary to provide practical things like shelter and medical care for his family.

So Esther has “completely purity.”  Is that above and beyond “complete purity?”

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Libby96 said:

John Shrader’s poem.... wow.  Just wow.  I guess dashing off some semi-rhyming lines on special occasions is easier than actually doing the work necessary to provide practical things like shelter and medical care for his family.

So Esther has “completely purity.”  Is that above and beyond “complete purity?”

It's akin to 'she's not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead'.

• LOL 16
  • Love 7

There sure was a lot of "wink-wink, nudge-nudge" in that poem, which was too long by about 17 stanzas.  I particularly enjoyed the juxtaposition of a wife who is as pure as the driven snow, but - believe me, brother - we still have all the sexytimes one man can handle!  Har har!!

Gross.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

There sure was a lot of "wink-wink, nudge-nudge" in that poem, which was too long by about 17 stanzas.  I particularly enjoyed the juxtaposition of a wife who is as pure as the driven snow, but - believe me, brother - we still have all the sexytimes one man can handle!  Har har!!

Gross.

Yeah, nobody wants to think that Esther's a lady in the street and a freak in the bed.

• LOL 11
On 11/7/2019 at 4:12 PM, PradaKitty said:

He’s not even a modern day Dr Suess.

Don’t knock Dr Seuss. He had a wonderful grasp of meter and cadence. And an imagination. And a conscience.

• Love 24
13 hours ago, LilJen said:

Don’t knock Dr Seuss. He had a wonderful grasp of meter and cadence. And an imagination. And a conscience.

I was going to say the same thing. Dr Seuss is still a pleasure for me to read. Loved him as a kid, loved reading him to my kids, and now my granddaughter. As you say, the meter and cadence are everything. There is something about perfect meter and clever rhymes (or even if they are not particularly clever, but just perfectly set, just like a piece of a puzzle that snaps into place) which makes my mind calm and positively joyful - it's like flying.  Shrader's scribblings have the complete opposite effect; they make me itchy and stabby.

By the way, as an aside, does anyone here follow Randy Rainbow? Now there's a modern-day master of meter and cadence. I find his song parodies not only hilarious, but deeply satisfying on an aesthetic level. 

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 16
On 11/7/2019 at 5:21 PM, louannems said:

I doubt there's any kids' artwork to hang. Jill's own home schooling probably didn't have art time, so neither will hers. Art is waste of time and, worse, it might encourage individual expression. I suppose an exception would be for all the kids to draw the most beautiful pictures of their most beautiful mother. Jill might be good with that.