Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

It is considered possible for women to have babies up til around 45 and there are a few women who've had babies beyond that.

At 41 Jill could 2 or 3 more babies going by age alone.

In Jill's case, she was massively fertile in her twenties and her fertility has been slowing way down in her thirties. She's only had 2 children in the past five years. Now she's in forties and there is more of a drop in fertility. She may be able to at least one more baby though. 

• Love 4

Seriously .. she showed us her pile of presents 

Is Jill trying to convince us she is super loved? 

That second photo with her hand under her chin 😒

I just have so many questions .. but I’m speechless and unable to articulate them

Edited by Totally
  • Love 18

My favorite picture is Jill posing as though she actually cleans her windows. 

She probably hadn’t cleaned in years. 

Our best friend... uh your momma forbids you from making friends outside your family and cult

Christian battlefield ... uh who is persecuted you??? USA is still mostly Christian 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Totally said:

Seriously .. she showed us her pile of presents 

Is Jill trying to convince us she is super loved? 

That second photo with her hand under her chin 😒

i just have so many questions .. but I’m speechless and unable to articulate them

How did they manage to get everything boxed up and moved out of that house so quickly, if they no longer live there?  All of the crap that she has setting around, hanging on walls, etc. doesn’t look like it’s been touched to prepare for a move.  I mean, there’s A LOT of shit in that house!

Edited by farmgal4
Changed *know* to *no*, because I know better.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Not Nurie and Renee didn't write those at all.

okay, upon second reflection. Maybe Not Nurie did write hers, but theres no way Renee did. That's exactly how Jill writes, it's so transparent.

Edited by allonsyalice
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, Temperance said:

It is considered possible for women to have babies up til around 45 and there are a few women who've had babies beyond that.

We're going around the carousel again.  Possible is not probable.  Fertility drops steadily beginning at age 40 and the miscarriage rate starts skyrocketing.  She might have one at 42 or 43, but her odds after that start looking pretty bad.  She could be one of the women who has a healthy pregnancy past 43, but it's more likely that she won't.  

10 hours ago, Temperance said:

In Jill's case, she was massively fertile in her twenties and her fertility has been slowing way down in her thirties. She's only had 2 children in the past five years. Now she's in forties and there is more of a drop in fertility. She may be able to at least one more baby though.

That's the more likely scenario of one at most.

• Love 4

Again possible is not probable and we've all heard about the few outliers who do have late forties pregnancies.  We've all heard about them because they are so unusual.  Telling a story about a 40 year old woman who has a baby is as thrilling as saying a Duggar had a baby.  But oh my Great Aunt Gertrude had a baby at 48 when she never thought it was possible is a story to be told.  

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Again possible is not probable and we've all heard about the few outliers who do have late forties pregnancies.  We've all heard about them because they are so unusual.  Telling a story about a 40 year old woman who has a baby is as thrilling as saying a Duggar had a baby.  But oh my Great Aunt Gertrude had a baby at 48 when she never thought it was possible is a story to be told.  

You're correct.  As a woman who has remained fertile and already has had many successful pregnancies, Jill is more likely to be able to have kids after age 40 than someone who hasn't had any pregnancies or births; but the rate steadily declines and, by the mid-40's, continued fertility is the exception and not the rule.  Only about 1% of women are able to conceive by age 45.

Take a look at J'chelle. She had 3 live births in her early 40's, one at 40, one at 42 and she was 43 when Josie was born.  Shortly after that, she, had another pregnancy that resulted in a second trimester loss and never conceived again as far as we know.  Even if Jill is as fertile as Ma Duggar, she is on track to have one, maybe two more, if she is lucky.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 6
  • Love 9

Unlike Jill R, Michelle's birth rate was pretty consistent up til 40.  Jill Rodrigues's birth rate has slowed down the older she gets.  

I know it's possible Jill is done having kids. I know it's possible she could have at least one more.  My point was more it's hard to say what will happen in the future.

By the way, Jill has twin sisters Amy and Angie, who are a year younger than her. Amy stopped having kids after the car accident. Angie has 8 kids and is pregnant with #9. 

• Love 3

I'm in Maryland.  Does anyone know what church & its location they were revival-ing at?  Thinking it may be the more rural areas  of Western Maryland (close to WV)  or on the Eastern Shore.  Just curious.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I'm in Maryland.  Does anyone know what church & its location they were revival-ing at?  Thinking it may be the more rural areas  of Western Maryland (close to WV)  or on the Eastern Shore.  Just curious.

Yeah, where in Maryland?! We don’t want them!

• LOL 4
14 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

My favorite picture is Jill posing as though she actually cleans her windows. 

She probably hadn’t cleaned in years. 

Our best friend... uh your momma forbids you from making friends outside your family and cult

Christian battlefield ... uh who is persecuted you??? USA is still mostly Christian 

I grew up in fundie land and the narrative that conservative Christians are under attack is STRONG. It's really laughable, considering Christianity has all sorts of privileges not granted to any other religion or atheism.

13 hours ago, allonsyalice said:

Not Nurie and Renee didn't write those at all.

okay, upon second reflection. Maybe Not Nurie did write hers, but theres no way Renee did. That's exactly how Jill writes, it's so transparent.

I don't really doubt that Renee wrote it, because for all of Jill's faults, I don't think she'd lie in such a blatant way. But of course they all write just like her, because they don't know anyone else!

• Love 9
12 hours ago, awaken said:

Yeah, where in Maryland?! We don’t want them!

I'm in Linthicum,  home of BWI airport.  (North of Glen Burnie, south of Baltimore city)  How about you?  

Back to JillR -   She looks extremely horrid in the pictures of her & the baby and  her & one of the older girls with the eyeshadow going up to her eyebrows & the Sharpee eyeliner.  She looks like  she was in a fight. I wonder if she gets eye infections with all that eye makeup which I'm sure is shared. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Back to JillR -   She looks extremely horrid in the pictures of her & the baby and  her & one of the older girls with the eyeshadow going up to her eyebrows & the Sharpee eyeliner.  She looks like  she was in a fight. I wonder if she gets eye infections with all that eye makeup which I'm sure is shared. 

I sincerely doubt she shares ANYTHING with the kids, eye makeup included.  What belongs to MAMA is for MAMA alone.  

• Love 6
20 hours ago, sondraK said:

Is that older girl in the orange dress sucking her thumb?

Yes, a couple of the little girls suck their thumb. My youngest sucked his way past toddlerhood. It's a harder habit to break than sucking on a pacifier because you can't toss thumbs in the trash.

• Love 6

As a reminder, this is what Jill's children got for their birthdays.  Sofia was honoured with a half eaten pumpkin pie, Sadie got disposable diapers and Timbits was lucky enough to get a pile of crappy cake rolls. 

She really is a foul, narcassistic woman. 

Reddit Sadie present.png

Reddit Sofia Cake.jpg

8 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Do the kids get gifts like that? At my house I'd rather not get gifts and make sure that my child gets plenty. 

Same here.Husb. and I skipped gifts for each other many times so the kids could get what they wanted

5 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

That’s because you’re not a narcissistic asshole.

Amen.I second that

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ChocolateAddict said:

As a reminder, this is what Jill's children got for their birthdays.  Sofia was honoured with a half eaten pumpkin pie, Sadie got disposable diapers and Timbits was lucky enough to get a pile of crappy cake rolls. 

She really is a foul, narcassistic woman. 

Reddit Sadie present.png

Reddit Sofia Cake.jpg

They really went all out for Sadie!  She got wet wipes too!  SMDH.  If that’s not the saddest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. 😭 Jill and David are both the fucking scum of the earth.  Those kids would be just as well off in an orphanage.

• Love 9

Diapers and wipes?!  WTF??

10 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I'm in Linthicum,  home of BWI airport.  (North of Glen Burnie, south of Baltimore city)  How about you?  

Far from there, but we fly out of BWI often 😁

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

The diapers were probably the cheap generic ones.

And already in the RV storage closet. Why waste money or time getting something special for a child, even if it's a second-hand toy that will light up the child's eyes?  Jill, on the other hand, expects to be celebrated with perfume, jewelry, clothes, and other vanities. How does she expect to promote her religious beliefs by acting like a lazy, selfish hypocrite? (A question for Michelle Duggar too, I suppose.) These children exist to serve Jill, little more than indentured servants or peasants working the fields/singing in churches for food. David is just as bad. The man needs to stop spewing sperm and get a job.  

• Love 7

Jill couldn't be bothered to run to the local thrift shop and pick up a toy or book for this poor child?  She has to open up a bag filled with diapers?  What would happen if Jill's kids gave her a roll of toilet paper for HER birthday?

I've seen some truly sad things in this particular thread but this one might be at the top.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 11/4/2019 at 6:00 PM, galaxychaser said:

It’s the Plexus. It probably mutated her genes in utero.

Just found out a cousin is selling Plexus.  Made me laugh!

13 hours ago, Temperance said:

One of the girls just had a more lavish birthday, but I'm not sure which one. 

She got Qtips?

• LOL 7

Anna Marie Maxwell (married to Christopher with 5 children and #6 due in February) had children with head lice. She'd never seen or heard of head lice.  It seems to have been a bigger/longer ordeal than it needed to be. 

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Jill couldn't be bothered to run to the local thrift shop and pick up a toy or book for this poor child?  She has to open up a bag filled with diapers?  What would happen if Jill's kids gave her a roll of toilet paper for HER birthday?

I've seen some truly sad things in this particular thread but this one might be at the top.

Jill is too busy washing windows in the house [/s] to pick up gifts for her spawn. She has plenty of time to post photos and descriptions of the gifts they give her, however. Remember Tim, who couldn't pay for his textbooks, sending her flowers from college?

I'd love to see Jill receive a roll of toilet paper as a gift! A box of maxi-pads! A can of insect spray! She should be celebrated properly for what she is--a loathsome, selfish piece of shit.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
41 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Anna Marie Maxwell (married to Christopher with 5 children and #6 due in February) had children with head lice. She'd never seen or heard of head lice.  It seems to have been a bigger/longer ordeal than it needed to be. 

To be fair, head lice is something you pick up at school or another person's home, and homeschoolers have a much smaller chance of contact than regular people.  I used to be a pharmacy technician and helped parents fill prescriptions or showed them otc products.   I remember lice checks at school, but never knew anyone who actually had it as a kid.  I actually did a continuing education once on how to treat head lice, so I know all the remedies. 

• Love 3