Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Fosca said:

Most motels have a limit on the number of people you can cram into a room.  Granted, it's only a problem if you get caught, but they've got a lot of people to have in one room without others noticing.

Jill and David and the whole gang have stayed at multiple KOA campgrounds over the years in their RV and we know that those places have limits on numbers; limits that the Rodriguii easily exceed.  That doesn't stop them from staying there.  I presume that, if confronted about their numbers, Jill would start weeping and complain that they were all her children, they needed to stay together, and they couldn't possibly afford a second or third room.  And, of course, accuse the establishment of being anti-family and persecuting good Christians.

They were tossed out of a KOA campground last year but not before Jill lamented the treatment they received. They were told they couldn't swim in the pool fully clothed!  Can you imagine?  Religious persecution!  Jill also sent her 10 or 11 non-infant kids to go to the campground's general store and hang out while she and David  and the baby were alone in the RV and railed against the injustice when the kids, wandering around, handling the merchandise and generally taking up a lot of space but not buying anything, were asked to leave.  Eventually, they were asked to leave the campground entirely and it seemed like someone in the office had done a head count and knew that they had violated the rules.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Exactly. Hair bleach, makeup, acrylic nails, upgraded wedding set. Even if she's using cheap products, it's still unnecessary spending. She certainly doesn't deny herself anything. 

Don't forget the pricey Crest White Strips Jill goes through like candy.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

They're staying in a hotel while looking for a new home. One can assume they're in the general vicinity of their neighborhood. Would it be so hard to go get the bathing suits?

I guess it would be hard to retrieve bathing suits you don't own.

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Why are they even staying in a motel?  At one time didn’t they take up residence in the RV?  Why aren’t they doing that this time?  Is Jill afraid that CPS is will pay them another visit?

Jill's house is pending a sale, per Zillow.  Maybe it was a quick sale (or foreclosure?) and they needed to get out quickly.  Jill claims they are staying in a hotel in Ohio and they are house hunting. But her parents and sister (QUADRIPLEGIC due to car accident) only recently moved near Jill's house so who knows why they are moving.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Jill's house is pending a sale, per Zillow.  Maybe it was a quick sale (or foreclosure?) and they needed to get out quickly.  Jill claims they are staying in a hotel in Ohio and they are house hunting. But her parents and sister (QUADRIPLEGIC due to car accident) only recently moved near Jill's house so who knows why they are moving.

I'm really curious about what necessitated this move? It seemed sudden - they just added a patio to their house this past summer, so it seemed like they weren't planning to move at that time. And, right, Jill's family lives near their house that they're selling. So are they staying in the same general area, or moving far away? We here have speculated they're moving to Florida, to be near the Kellers. I'm intrigued to find out where they end up and in what kind of house. A family of that size can't just live anywhere!

And good point: why aren't they staying in their RV right now, instead of a hotel/motel?

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I'm really curious about what necessitated this move? It seemed sudden - they just added a patio to their house this past summer, so it seemed like they weren't planning to move at that time. And, right, Jill's family lives near their house that they're selling. So are they staying in the same general area, or moving far away? We here have speculated they're moving to Florida, to be near the Kellers. I'm intrigued to find out where they end up and in what kind of house. A family of that size can't just live anywhere!

And good point: why aren't they staying in their RV right now, instead of a hotel/motel?

1. Angry neighbors with torches ran them out? 

2. They'll be back in the RV when the friendship donation from the last church runs out?

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Just a thought, but I’m anticipating a move to Florida so that they can be closer to Nurie when she marries Nathan in a couple months (no evidence...hypothesis based on observed fundie trends). When they added the patio they probably didn’t anticipate Nurie landing a man. So they need to sell quick so they can find a “beautiful Florida home” like the one she photographed and posted on her blog.  🙄

• Useful 6
  • Love 4

Today is Anna Maxwell's 27th birthday. She is the second Maxwell daughter. The post says she has an active life and a sparkle in her eye around her nieces and nephews. It does seem like they may have given up on finding someone for her too. They gave up on Sarah, but she is ten, almost eleven years older than Anna. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, christine falls said:

Alyssa posted on IG. She took the girls out and John met them halfway. She and the girls wore fancy dresses as a 'modern royal family'. Alyssa's post

Most Sundays Alyssa posts pics of her girls in matching dresses; often Alyssa is wearing one too. When asked where she gets so many matching clothes, she always answers that a "friend" gives them as a gift. Who is this very generous friend?

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Fosca said:

Most motels have a limit on the number of people you can cram into a room.  Granted, it's only a problem if you get caught, but they've got a lot of people to have in one room without others noticing.

True, although what happens when the number of minor children you have exceeds the allowable number of people in a room? Assuming a double queen bed room sleeps four (+a crib for Janessa), that leaves 7 kids under 18, plus Nurie, Kaylee, and Tim. I don't think Tim is with them, so I guess they could put Nurie and Kaylee each in charge of a room of siblings, but do we really think they're spendin money on three long-term motel rooms while they house shop?

And if they're indeed looking to move to FL to be closer to a Nurie/Nathan wedding why are they staying and presumably house hunting in Ohio?

• Useful 2
53 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Most Sundays Alyssa posts pics of her girls in matching dresses; often Alyssa is wearing one too. When asked where she gets so many matching clothes, she always answers that a "friend" gives them as a gift. Who is this very generous friend?

I've never seen those girls wear the same church outfit twice. If they're gifts from a random fan and not a paid sponsorship, that's a bit skeevy. I know influencers get free stuff via social media all the time, but that many dresses from one person? It seems a tad obsessive, no?

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7
54 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I've never seen those girls wear the same church outfit twice. If they're gifts from a random fan and not a paid sponsorship, that's a bit skeevy. I know influencers get free stuff via social media all the time, but that many dresses from one person? It seems a tad obsessive, no?

Tikky's IG is private, so it's not like she's an influencer using Alyssa to show off her wares. She's pretty young, too. I wonder how she pays for all those dresses?

Oh, PS: Alyssa had her hair professionally done for trick or treating.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, christine falls said:

Alyssa posted on IG. She took the girls out and John met them halfway. She and the girls wore fancy dresses as a 'modern royal family'. Alyssa's post

The comments don't disappoint folks! I'm sure Alyssa is weeping into her pillow with the dozen of followers she lost because she's not a real Christian!

I'm glad those three girls are getting exposure to things outside the fundie bubble.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

No, she hasn’t mentioned the baby’s condition in a while.  I think she’s probably stuck between a rock and a hard place, because she exaggerated the details, and now it’s becoming apparent that the baby isn’t as bad off as she made it sound.  I think Jill exaggerates everything because of her victim mentality.  I want to stress that I’m very glad that the baby is doing well and by all appearances seems to be a normal toddler.  It’s bad enough that the poor little thing is stuck with a full-fledged narcissistic lunatic of a mother.

I wonder if the whole thing really was greatly exaggerated so Jill could hold the story up as an anti-choice victory. The doctor probably just said there was a chance of complications and Jill ran with it.

6 hours ago, doodlebug said:

They were tossed out of a KOA campground last year but not before Jill lamented the treatment they received. They were told they couldn't swim in the pool fully clothed!  Can you imagine?  Religious persecution!  Jill also sent her 10 or 11 non-infant kids to go to the campground's general store and hang out while she and David  and the baby were alone in the RV and railed against the injustice when the kids, wandering around, handling the merchandise and generally taking up a lot of space but not buying anything, were asked to leave.  Eventually, they were asked to leave the campground entirely and it seemed like someone in the office had done a head count and knew that they had violated the rules.

Oh, yuck. The first thing I thought when reading that was, why did they have to banish all the kids from the RV? Probably because David was demanding Jill's "joyful availability." I need brain bleach.

3 hours ago, Temperance said:

Today is Anna Maxwell's 27th birthday. She is the second Maxwell daughter. The post says she has an active life and a sparkle in her eye around her nieces and nephews. It does seem like they may have given up on finding someone for her too. They gave up on Sarah, but she is ten, almost eleven years older than Anna. 

I wonder if Sarah has heard of recently widowed Tom Mills. A widower in his late 30s or older is really her only hope now.

Edited by becca3891
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Maybe you get more from grifting if you aren't self sufficient?  You wouldn't need much $ to camp and let's be honest, mommy wouldn't get treated to staying in a hotel.  

• Love 2

About the Rods staying in a hotel instead of their RV, it could be that there are no open campgrounds near where they are looking for houses.  I don't know where in Ohio they are, but it is not like there are places to pull up the RV in all 88 counties.  Even if there was a KOA or other campground, it is now November and it is Ohio.  Camping is a seasonal activity and I can easily see a campground shutting down for the winter.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 5

Do we know if the house they were in was actually deeded to them?  I thought they got it as inheritance.  I wonder if there was issues with an estate that they couldn’t run from/delay any longer.

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Poor Alyssa, it seems the Halloween dress-up was more for her than the girls.

It very clearly was.  I seriously doubt her girls wanted to be 'modern royalty' and, for that matter, their outfits bore no resemblance whatsoever to the way present day royals dress anyway.  I expect that Alyssa managed to grift the matching outfits from someplace, and, since no appropriate fundie occasion was in the offing; she decided to pretend that their outfits were part of some elaborate mother-daughter Halloween group costume so she could get a bunch of photos to post.  She apparently liked the way she looked in the outfit and needed a reason to dress up and get some pics so everyone else could 'Oooh' and 'Ahhh' at her beauty.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

The public pool was the bathing. 

All joking aside, I’m sure you’re right.  I’m hoping that those girls aren’t having their periods, because you know that they’re not allowed to use tampons and thinking about them getting in a pool with a bloody sanitary napkin on makes me want to 🤮.

• LOL 1

Why did they have to trick or treat in broad daylight? To me, the fun of going out was that it was dark.

3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

All joking aside, I’m sure you’re right.  I’m hoping that those girls aren’t having their periods, because you know that they’re not allowed to use tampons and thinking about them getting in a pool with a bloody sanitary napkin on makes me want to 🤮.

Maybe they're so malnourished that they don't even menstruate. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, becca3891 said:

Why did they have to trick or treat in broad daylight? To me, the fun of going out was that it was dark.

Most cities how have mandated trick or treating hours. Mine this year were from 4 to 7. The only people out later than 7 were the teenagers. 

Trick or treating isn't like it just to be. 🙁 Most parents with smaller kids opt for trunk or treating. It makes me sad. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, McManda said:

Most cities how have mandated trick or treating hours. Mine this year were from 4 to 7. The only people out later than 7 were the teenagers. 

Trick or treating isn't like it just to be. 🙁 Most parents with smaller kids opt for trunk or treating. It makes me sad. 

Wow. In my town, mandated hours this year were 6 to 8:30. I didn't realize it was so early other places but I have been hearing more about trunk or treating in recent years.

• Useful 1