Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

From Facebook:

CAN I JUST BRAG ABOUT THE MOST WONDERFUL MAMA IN THE WHOLE WORLD????? 💖                                                    There are truly NO words to describe the wonderful example that mama is to me, the love I feel for her and so, so much more!                                                                                   I WATCH her each and every day when she is in front of people and behind closed doors and she is always the same!                                          I SEE the sacrifices she makes even when she thinks NO one sees!                                                 I SEE the love she shows, even when it's hard to do!                                                                           I NOTICE, day by day, her reading her Bible and shed tears, while praying for each of us children to live a life that is pleasing to God!       I HEAR her praise and encourage others, time after time!                                                                  I SEE that she wants to please God in every area of her life, even when it can be hard to do sometimes!                                                                  I LISTEN to her sing praises to Jesus at the piano, from the bottom of her heart,  even when she thinks NO ones listening!                                I SMELL the delicious meals she makes for her family day by day!                                                      I FEEL her love and forgiveness to me day by day, even when I make mistakes!                          I HEAR her footsteps above our room, going to care for one of the babies!                                       I HEAR her up in the middle of the night, getting things ready for another singing trip, to go and minister to others, even when she is completely exhausted!                                                            WOW, this is truly the best mama in the whole world that I could ever ask for!                            Mama, thank you for all you do, day by day!          I love you more than words can Express!             I love you to the moon and back!                              Love, your Kaylee girl!:

6F4096FA-6434-497B-8C34-0103C9EDAF74.jpeg

The wonky way it looks, is the way it copied, and pasted. That’s not how the text originally appeared.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

She smells the delicious meals she makes because that's all she's getting. 

that was the biggest "tell" of anything I have ever seen, ever...Of all the senses at her disposal, the best Kaylee could come up with for meals was SMELL????😨

Call ME crazy but I SOMEHOW do not THINK that Kaylee WROTE that POST. Just a HUNCH though as I HAVE no PROOF WHY I think THIS. 

For all the "crying" she does over the Bible, I wonder if all the tears in Jill's eyes prevented her from reading the ninth commandment. 

11 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Call ME crazy but I SOMEHOW do not THINK that Kaylee WROTE that POST. Just a HUNCH though as I HAVE no PROOF WHY I think THIS. 

For all the "crying" she does over the Bible, I wonder if all the tears in Jill's eyes prevented her from reading the ninth commandment. 

I concur. It has Jill's grubby mitts all over it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

This. All her kids have the same writing style as Jill when posting on social media. Gee, I wonder why? Seriously Jill, if you are going to claim one of your children is posting try changing it up a bit so it is not as blatantly obvious.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

Alyssa Bates Webster was promoting  thredUP, and you could see that she had a new iPhone 11 Pro.  Those things are NOT CHEAP.  I guess influencers need the latest phones, but I still wonder where the money is coming from, unless she really is pulling in a decent amount of cash from all of her paid partnerships.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

This. All her kids have the same writing style as Jill when posting on social media. Gee, I wonder why? Seriously Jill, if you are going to claim one of your children is posting try changing it up a bit so it is not as blatantly obvious.

I think it's quite possible that Jill writes this stuff. But I also think it's possible she's brainwashed the kids to the point that they automatically write like her.

At one point I taught one of two high-school "creative writing" classes and another teacher taught the other section. He was kind of a control-freaky guy, and I swear every kid in his class came out writing exactly like him. It was horrifyingly clear from the stuff kids submitted to the literary magazine. 

So you can pick up a writing style by osmosis from a determined indoctrinator. Even in a semester or two. And these poor kids have had JIll's indoctrination pouring into them for a lifetime.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 15

The things "Kaylee" says seem to cover things people have questioned about Jill's parenting.  According to "Kaylee" Jill parents her own children and cooks delicious meals for them.  She also works tirelessly to minister to others.  Not buying it!

• Love 20
13 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

The things "Kaylee" says seem to cover things people have questioned about Jill's parenting.  According to "Kaylee" Jill parents her own children and cooks delicious meals for them.  She also works tirelessly to minister to others.  Not buying it!

Bullshit!!!!!!

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I think it's quite possible that Jill writes this stuff. But I also think it's possible she's brainwashed the kids to the point that they automatically write like her.

At one point I taught one of two high-school "creative writing" classes and another teacher taught the other section. He was kind of a control-freaky guy, and I swear every kid in his class came out writing exactly like him. It was horrifyingly clear from the stuff kids submitted to the literary magazine. 

So you can pick up a writing style by osmosis from a determined indoctrinator. Even in a semester or two. And these poor kids have had JIll's indoctrination pouring into them for a lifetime.  

Jill also could have been the one to type Kaylee's ode to Mamma.  Kaylee is still under Jill and David's umbrella of protection, so I can't see Jill allowing Kaylee too much time on the computer.  

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

My first thought was: Did JillRod write herself a love letter?

It's most definitely Jill's style.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
33 minutes ago, louannems said:

My first thought was: Did JillRod write herself a love letter?

It's most definitely Jill's style.

I thought Jill wrote it as a tribute to her mother when I first started reading it. Then I got to the part about Mom checking on the babies during the night & scrolled up &  saw the picture of Jill & Kaylee.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Alyssa Bates Webster was promoting  thredUP, and you could see that she had a new iPhone 11 Pro.  Those things are NOT CHEAP.  I guess influencers need the latest phones, but I still wonder where the money is coming from, unless she really is pulling in a decent amount of cash from all of her paid partnerships.

I think iPhone 11 pro is more than $1000. Maybe she is leasing it? 

I almost posted last night that I thought Tori was pregnant. I wasn't sure she just was having trouble losing the weight, and I didn't want to fat-shame. She looked pregnant to me in the latest photos. I'm surprised they already know it's a boy, but I hope that's accurate and the girl streak is broken. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I almost posted last night that I thought Tori was pregnant. I wasn't sure she just was having trouble losing the weight, and I didn't want to fat-shame. She looked pregnant to me in the latest photos. I'm surprised they already know it's a boy, but I hope that's accurate and the girl streak is broken. 

The baby is due in April so Tori must be 3 months along already. Kade and Kolter will be 18 months apart. I was thinking they're doing a K theme, yet I believe Kade is a nickname of some sort.

19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From Facebook:

CAN I JUST BRAG ABOUT THE MOST WONDERFUL MAMA IN THE WHOLE WORLD????? 💖                                                    There are truly NO words to describe the wonderful example that mama is to me, the love I feel for her and so, so much more!                                                                                   I WATCH her each and every day when she is in front of people and behind closed doors and she is always the same!                                          I SEE the sacrifices she makes even when she thinks NO one sees!                                                 I SEE the love she shows, even when it's hard to do!                                                                           I NOTICE, day by day, her reading her Bible and shed tears, while praying for each of us children to live a life that is pleasing to God!       I HEAR her praise and encourage others, time after time!                                                                  I SEE that she wants to please God in every area of her life, even when it can be hard to do sometimes!                                                                  I LISTEN to her sing praises to Jesus at the piano, from the bottom of her heart,  even when she thinks NO ones listening!                                I SMELL the delicious meals she makes for her family day by day!                                                      I FEEL her love and forgiveness to me day by day, even when I make mistakes!                          I HEAR her footsteps above our room, going to care for one of the babies!                                       I HEAR her up in the middle of the night, getting things ready for another singing trip, to go and minister to others, even when she is completely exhausted!                                                            WOW, this is truly the best mama in the whole world that I could ever ask for!                            Mama, thank you for all you do, day by day!          I love you more than words can Express!             I love you to the moon and back!                              Love, your Kaylee girl!:

6F4096FA-6434-497B-8C34-0103C9EDAF74.jpeg

The wonky way it looks, is the way it copied, and pasted. That’s not how the text originally appeared.

Do any of you know someone that looks like Jill?? lol, just wondering 😬

• LOL 3
9 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I see "her" posts as an advertisement for someone to come out and "court" her children because they have the bestest, bestest family in the WORLD. Everything Jill does is for self promotion and I do agree that Jill wrote that because she needs to shed  children to marriage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
18 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Mr. Six got the 11 Pro Max a few weeks ago.  It was $1249 before trade in.  Apple has two ways to finance.  You can apply for the Apple Card, which will earn you 3% back on Apple purchases, but the interest rate starts at ~16%.  They also have a credit card that will give you 0% interest for 24 months.  For families that tout the "correct" & simple way of living, they seem to enjoy the finer things.  Too bad they can't take that money and get new personalities (or in Michelle's case, a backbone).  

Edited by sixlets
I'm still working my way through the English language.
  • Love 7

Okay, is anyone else curious about what Satan has been doing to the Rods lately that has led to "Kaylee" thanking her mom for, as I read it, cooking and doing a heck of a lot of God-bothering (yaaaaaay, as other Jill would say) and the whole clan to be praying and crying over pies in the local Burger King? As usual, I'm caught somewhere between giggles and tears just picturing it.

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, lianau said:

Apparently Jill posted a skirts only rant on facebook and got called out by her aunt  over her make up use . 

Another actual friend (a man) argued her skirts-only stance. She deleted all the dissent, leaving about half of the posts that had originally been there. 

Sadly, this went down on her private page, so no screenshots. Boo!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

The 3 older girls are scary looking. No need to dress up for Halloween.

I was just about to post the same thing!  I hate thinking terrible things about children, but those girls look like ghosts!!  

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Okay, is anyone else curious about what Satan has been doing to the Rods lately that has led to "Kaylee" thanking her mom for, as I read it, cooking and doing a heck of a lot of God-bothering (yaaaaaay, as other Jill would say) and the whole clan to be praying and crying over pies in the local Burger King? As usual, I'm caught somewhere between giggles and tears just picturing it.

Funny how "Kaylee's" letter came out the day after Jillybean got shown up on FB. 

We see you, Jill!

• Love 15
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The baby is due in April so Tori must be 3 months along already. Kade and Kolter will be 18 months apart. I was thinking they're doing a K theme, yet I believe Kade is a nickname of some sort.

What horrid (and stupid) names!

• Love 6

Holy crap! JRod uses the same pediatrician group my kids went to when they were little. (They are 23,26 and 28 now.). 

They are an excellent group of docs. The male doc in the practice was the one the kids saw, as well as the two older female docs if ours wasn’t in.  They are all knowledgeable about their field. I miss seeing my kid’s old doctor, and we still send him a Christmas card.

• Love 2

I saw a bunch of replies and thought Nurie and Nathan must be engaged. 

Nope. Just more JRod nonsense. Damn it. I want the awkward engagement photos. Complete with Old People Facebook filter usage!

Looks like Tori is going to half ass attempt a "K" letter theme. Weeeeee...

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Curious what they’re crying and praying over, and how satan is attacking!  Was it the skirts-only rant dissent, or something more, I wonder?

and you KNOW she posted about the well checks and the kids being healthy because of us haterz and whoever called CPS on them!

how do they justify a female doctor? 

• Love 15

I'm guessing DCF must have opened a case on JillR. As she is likely following requests by DCF, such as providing physical updates from a pediatrician, JillR is proving to whoever will listen that her kids are well cared for.

LOOK and LISTEN world, my kids are FED. My kids do MORE than perform on DEMAND. They have FUN. And they go to a Pediatrician DOCTOR. {(SMILE)}

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15

All those references to the actual dr. and her practice are weird.  Did JRod promise her free advertising?  I've never posed for pics with my doc at any appointment.  JRod is such a strange person!

• Love 19