Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Wow. David already lost a sibling years ago, a brother who died of cancer while they were overseas. How shocking and sad for them.

38 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

She is in heaven today, not because she was a good person? Ouch.

I know what they meant, but they definitely could have phrased it better. In their belief system, everyone is a hopeless sinner, and thus not "good." But in the extended tribute, they did mention her work ethic, kindness, etc.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Nysha said:

It doesn't look like she hugged either parent back. I bet these children don't get any physical affection once they're done breastfeeding except an arm around their shoulders while being told to smile for the camera.

Do you know, this touches a cord with me- i grew up without hugs and affection and i remember my aunt telling me that i went as stiff as a board when she hugged me. I had no idea how to react. It’s probably like that for those poor children

How sad about David's sister's death.  I'm hoping JillR doesn't somehow turn it into a fiasco now that she has a connection to the Wallers by way of Priscilla's brother & Nurie's courtship. Of course she'll want to be included in every aspect of Rebecca's funeral.  Jill will definitely be more of a hindrance than a help. I'm sure the Rod's bus hit the road as soon as Jill heard. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

How sad about David's sister's death.  I'm hoping JillR doesn't somehow turn it into a fiasco now that she has a connection to the Wallers by way of Priscilla's brother & Nurie's courtship. Of course she'll want to be included in every aspect of Rebecca's funeral.  Jill will definitely be more of a hindrance than a help. I'm sure the Rod's bus hit the road as soon as Jill heard. 

Knowing JRod, we'll have selfies of her grinning like an idiot in front of the casket.  After all, it's now a tradition for her.

Very sad about David's sister.  She seemed like a hard worker; working at UPS while attending nursing school.  The fact she is wearing jeans while helping build her parents' home already puts her ahead of the usual crop of fundies.  Sad that she died so young and so hard for David's parents to lose another child.  I don't think it matters if they feel she is in heaven, it doesn't make it easier that she's not here.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 18

David's family is large; the Wallers still have 8 children and 14 grandchildren (and will probably have more to come). 

I still feel sorry for the family, particularly her parents. 

I feel most sorry for the young woman herself. She had her whole life ahead of her. 

• Love 12
On 9/30/2019 at 8:59 PM, tabloidlover said:

***WARNING****  Scary pic below:

Hide contents

I do believe Jilly has OD’d on Plexus 

Happy Halloween everyone.  And underneath all the gunk she is actually pretty. Go figure why she makes herself ugly.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Speaking of Jill, I found a list that someone compiled on Free Jinger of 186 horrible things that JRod has done.  That bitch is 100% bat shit crazy, and what she’s done/doing to those kids is beyond the pale.  David is a worthless POS for allowing it to happen.  There are no words to describe exactly how vile she truly is.  I don’t know how to put a link to the list here, but maybe someone else can.  It’s well worth a read.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 10/2/2019 at 6:37 PM, GeeGolly said:

My state touches Vermont. I need to shower, sell my home and move now.

I don't live in Vermont, but my husband is from there and I went to college there, and I feel they have irrevocably polluted the state.

Edited by LilJen
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Speaking of Jill, I found a list that someone compiled on Free Jinger of 186 horrible things that JRod has done.  That bitch is 100% bat shit crazy, and what she’s done/doing to those kids is beyond the pale.  David is a worthless POS for allowing it to happen.  There are no words to describe exactly how vile she truly is.  I don’t know how to put a link to the list here, but maybe someone else can.  It’s well worth a read.

Is this it?

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32371-the-worst-of-jillrod-or-her-229-damnations/

• Love 1

I was thinkg about a television show that I watched maybe 10 years ago. It featured several large families and followed them around for awhile. One family had lots of kids and one night a week they went out to SAMS club but not to shop. The parents bragged that the kids knew where to go to find the  best food sampling stations. They filled up on all of the free samples and then shared one pizza. The store knew what they were up to but they didn't care. I remember thinking there is no way that these people are satisfied after eating a few samples and may 1/2 slice of pizza.  I also remember one family had a bunch of sons that left and worked doing some type of manual labor and then came home on the weekends. they lived out in a wooded area. Wish I could remember more of this. Does anyone remembr seeing this show?

7 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I was thinkg about a television show that I watched maybe 10 years ago. It featured several large families and followed them around for awhile. One family had lots of kids and one night a week they went out to SAMS club but not to shop. The parents bragged that the kids knew where to go to find the  best food sampling stations. They filled up on all of the free samples and then shared one pizza. The store knew what they were up to but they didn't care. I remember thinking there is no way that these people are satisfied after eating a few samples and may 1/2 slice of pizza.  I also remember one family had a bunch of sons that left and worked doing some type of manual labor and then came home on the weekends. they lived out in a wooded area. Wish I could remember more of this. Does anyone remembr seeing this show?

Kids By the Dozen?

that show featured several families https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_by_the_Dozen

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

That article was behind a paywall for me, but there are some others online. What a terrible shame. Scary to think that a split second decision to turn left could cost your life. Seems like a hardworking young woman who contributed a lot to her community. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sondraK said:

It was the Jeub family that ate samples and shared a pizza at Sam's club

Actually, I seem to remember the Duggars doing the same exact thing and cheapo Jim Blob bragging about it. 

• LOL 1
41 minutes ago, awaken said:

That article was behind a paywall for me, but there are some others online. What a terrible shame. Scary to think that a split second decision to turn left could cost your life. Seems like a hardworking young woman who contributed a lot to her community. 

That’s weird that’s weird you can’t see it. I got right in and have never paid them a dime. There were a couple pop ups I had to click away. 

That whole stretch of road is horrible. I try to avoid it whenever possible. 

19 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Yes, that’s it; however, it’s giving me an error code and says that I don’t have permission to read the forum.  I’m not sure why, because I was on it for hours last night.  Thank you for posting the link!

I can’t read it either. When I posted the link I could read it. Must have deleted the post.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lulu69 said:

Actually, I seem to remember the Duggars doing the same exact thing and cheapo Jim Blob bragging about it. 

Doesn't surprise me.I think he bragged about free meals at restaurants as well,and would take the whole brood for 'kids eat free' night.

At least these families stay out of Costco,as far as I can tell.Most of them seem to have an affinity for Walmart/Sam's Club

• Love 4
4 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I can’t read it either. When I posted the link I could read it. Must have deleted the post.

This is what I get when I click on the link:

"You do not have permission to read this forum.  If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact a helpmeet for assistance."

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

It looks like the forum owner made the JRod section members only. 

I joined FG when they made the Zsu Anderson's thread members only.

The JillRod thread is worth being a member!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, sondraK said:

At least these families stay out of Costco, as far as I can tell.Most of them seem to have an affinity for Walmart/Sam's Club

No surprise. As to the Duggars, they live practically at ground zero for Walmart/Sam's Club HQ. There aren't any Costco warehouses at all in Arkansas. Costco recently opened one in Oklahoma (Tulsa), and there's one in TN (Memphis). 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

No surprise. As to the Duggars, they live practically at ground zero for Walmart/Sam's Club HQ. There aren't any Costco warehouses at all in Arkansas. Costco recently opened one in Oklahoma (Tulsa), and there's one in TN (Memphis). 

Bingo! I've never been in a Costco in my life because I live in NWA. It's Sam's Club all the way here. It made news when Aldi's started opening stores around here since it is Wally World's home turf. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Hi, neighbor!

What are the J Rods doing in a godless state like Massachusetts? I’m assuming they are not in Provincetown.

Jill and her pointed chin are drawn to Salem. Halloween is near. 

• LOL 11
15 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

That’s weird that’s weird you can’t see it. I got right in and have never paid them a dime. There were a couple pop ups I had to click away. 

That whole stretch of road is horrible. I try to avoid it whenever possible. 

It told me I didn't have permission to look at the site.  But I clicked onto Free Jinger and could get in.  Weird.  

15 hours ago, Absolom said:

The thread is still there.  I'm not sure why some people can't see it.

I was able to but I'm registered with the site. 

This was my favorite:

16. Jill has taught the teen girls to pluck their eyebrows like it’s 2001.

• LOL 7
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

It told me I didn't have permission to look at the site.  But I clicked onto Free Jinger and could get in.  Weird.  

You can view most of FJ without being a member.

• Love 1
On 10/3/2019 at 7:53 PM, sondraK said:

It was the Jeub family that ate samples and shared a pizza at Sam's club

Those wretched Jeub parents. 

5 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

David got his moms teeth (the gap)

His mom looks great for having a 40 plus year old son

Where do you see a photo of Rodriguii mater?