Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Sarah wrote this as part of the pregnancy announcement:  "We rejoice with a family who welcomes children as a gift from the Lord." 

It also assumes that non-Christians who have children think of them as a burden. 

• Love 17

I suppose it's meant to apply to those who might not think that popping out a dozen or more blessings throughout one's fertile years is something to be celebrated and *gasp!* take steps to limit their families to a manageable size. but it certainly comes across (and not altogether accidentally, I'd wager) as calling those of us who don't subscribe to their beliefs child-haters.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I was just going to post the same thing about the bunkbeds Doodlebug.

I shouldn't find that weird because it's basically the same as having separate boys & girls dorm rooms like the  duggars. They must use bunkbeds due to space whereas the Duggar girls have plenty of space for them to have separate beds at least nowadays. 

Jesse had to celebrate his 25th birthday at home with the whole gang.  Of course bible time was part of the festivities.  There is a picture of him blowing out the candles on his cake surrounded by all the nieces & nephews. It's both cute & sad.  I know most of us celebrate birthdays with family but it's sad that these people are the ones he's with the most. I doubt he sees much of the outside world & has friends his age. I mean friends & not just acquaintances. 

Sarah wrote this as part of the pregnancy announcement:  "We rejoice with a family who welcomes children as a gift from the Lord."   This line really got my BP up.  Drives me nuts they think they are the only Christians who feel this way about having children.  I wonder if the three Maxwell sisters discuss amongst themselves why God hasn't found Prince Charming (which leads to children)for them yet.  It's one thing if it was one sister like Jana but they have to question what they have done for God not to have  blessed all three of them with husbands & children yet.

I agree with you about that line. It's annoying! People, Christian or not, can value children even if they're not Maxwells. 

• Love 4

They posted a video of their 3 oldest reciting some bible verses at church. I really don't like little kids being put on display like that. Phillip (the younger boy) was completely lost. Davia was the only one who seemed into it. Even Paul forgot some of the words and gestures.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Enya Face said:

I was just going to respond with something similar to this, @floridamom. I have a couple of friends who are Hungarian, and the “Zs” seems like act as the letter S or J. Like Zsanette was Janet/Janette in one instance I knew.

The Hungarian language is one of those languages that seems to derive mainly from the Latin basis of many European languages -- but that got some other influences in there during its development........

One result of whatever the other influences were seems to be that their alphabet includes several double-letter letters...."Zs" and "Sz" are two of them....That makes it a really long alphabet .... with forty-something letters instead of the 26 that English has.

Another one we see often is "Gy" -- which shows up in the pretty common male name "George" -- because so many guys all over were named after St. George through the years.    In Hungarian, that shows up as Gyorgy. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 8
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Temperance said:

New post posted on Monday on their blog DavidLoves Priscilla. It was written by David. They traveled, and they're building a house for his parents (and their unmarried adult children?).

I notice that Priscilla's brothers were mentioned, but not a word about Nathan's courtship with Nurie Rod.  Things that make you go hmmm.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, awaken said:

I was thinking today that we haven’t had an update on the Wallers recently. I wonder how Priscilla is doing. 

It’s about time for her to get knocked up again.  I think they only bump uglies when she’s trying to get pregnant.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

The Hungarian language is one of those languages that seems to derive mainly from the Latin basis of many European languages -- but that got some other influences in there during its development........

One result of whatever the other influences were seems to be that their alphabet includes several double-letter letters...."Zs" and "Sz" are two of them....That makes it a really long alphabet .... with forty-something letters instead of the 26 that English has.

Another one we see often is "Gy" -- which shows up in the pretty common male name "George" -- because so many guys all over were named after St. George through the years.    In Hungarian, that shows up as Gyorgy. 

That’s super interesting @Churchhoney! I never knew that. Thank you!

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I suppose it's meant to apply to those who might not think that popping out a dozen or more blessings throughout one's fertile years is something to be celebrated and *gasp!* take steps to limit their families to a manageable size. but it certainly comes across (and not altogether accidentally, I'd wager) as calling those of us who don't subscribe to their beliefs child-haters.

In their narrative, not only are we child haters, we actively conceive so we can have abortions. 

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

In their narrative, not only are we child haters, we actively conceive so we can have abortions. 

That's one thing I hate about these kind of crazies, their idea that women use abortions as their birth control method.

• Love 18
55 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

Yes, I just live to go out there and impregnate myself so I can go have an abortion. Its so much fun! Why even use birth control if I can just abort!! 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Actually, that was my cousin’s form of birth control...

But that is the exception, it isn't the rule. I am sorry it she did that. I do not approve of women using it for that reason. Get on reliable BC. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

She was usually too high to remember birth control. 

That is awful and that is an abuse. Imagine though if she would have given birth? In cases like that, I tend to lean on the fundy side. If you can't remember the BC and you want to do drugs and have sex..... get your tubes tied. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Normades said:

I notice that Priscilla's brothers were mentioned, but not a word about Nathan's courtship with Nurie Rod.  Things that make you go hmmm.

Hmmm, You’d think if they were super excited about this engagement that would’ve been top of the list of things to mention! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, awaken said:

Hmmm, You’d think if they were super excited about this engagement that would’ve been top of the list of things to mention! 

Now, wait. This is just a courtship still. I'm sure if when Nathan pops the question Jill R will blow up the internet with the news. 

But, assuming the courtship thing is just a little fiction/formality before the engagement is announced? I wouldn't be surprised if David Waller, who is high-ranking in IBLP circles, doesn't brag or say much about his brother-in-law's pairing with a daughter of the Rodriguii. Pris and Anna "married up" in the fundie world. Nathan wouldn't be marrying up with Nurie. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

David works and doesn't seem to be lazy.Maybe he isn't fond of the Rodrigi grifting,I mean,singing traveling 'missionary' scheme? Just a thought

Just now, sondraK said:
Edited by sondraK
  • Love 6
On 9/26/2019 at 12:49 PM, Enya Face said:

I was just going to respond with something similar to this, @floridamom. I have a couple of friends who are Hungarian, and the “Zs” seems like act as the letter S or J. Like Zsanette was Janet/Janette in one instance I knew.

Like Zsa Zsa Gabor?

(I swear I'm forty not eighty years old, lol, despite the reference)

• LOL 9
  • Love 5

So unlike the idiot Duggar daughters, Sierra chooses a hospital birth, attended by real doctors with genuine hospital medical things. And she doesn't even have a chance that TLC will pick up the bill. 

• Love 18
11 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

She’s 30 with 7 kids. She might be the one that beats Michelle’s record.  Crazy. 

I’d love to know how they’re able to afford all those kids.  They regularly go on day trips, buy things for the house, buy clothes, expensive makeup and other items, eat out, etc. I wonder if her parents help them out financially, because I don’t know how they manage to pay the bills otherwise.

• Love 15
15 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

She’s 30 with 7 kids. She might be the one that beats Michelle’s record.  Crazy. 

Oh my. Michelle had her 8th kid a month before turning 30 and went on to have 11 more in the next 13 years. Michelle had 8 kids in her 20s, 8 in her 30s and 3 in her 40s. 

Kelly Bates had 7 in her 20s, 7 in her 30s and 5 in her 40s.

If Sierra keeps going at the same rate she is now, and throws in a set of twins, you could be right.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

It's plausible Sierra could match Kelly and Michelle, and I don't even think she needs twins to do it. When you factor in that Michelle had one set of twins in her 20s and one set of twins in her 30s, then Michelle and Kelly had a similar rate of pregnancies in their 20s and 30s. Kelly had more pregnancies than Michelle overall because she had more miscarriages and because all of her children were singletons. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 9/26/2019 at 1:04 PM, Barb23 said:

I wonder if the three Maxwell sisters discuss amongst themselves why God hasn't found Prince Charming (which leads to children)for them yet.  It's one thing if it was one sister like Jana but they have to question what they have done for God not to have  blessed all three of them with husbands & children yet.

I guess they can always look at the Botkins and say, "Hell, they're lookers and they haven't even come up with the unrepentant anal rapists  princes of their dreams! I guess it must just be God's will!" 

Hint to the Max sisters: Take a look at Geoff and your dad....A light may begin to dawn....

• Love 1
On 9/28/2019 at 1:29 AM, sondraK said:

David works and doesn't seem to be lazy.Maybe he isn't fond of the Rodrigi grifting,I mean,singing traveling 'missionary' scheme? Just a thought

Yeah. When you bring grifters into the family, it does tend to worry those who work at real jobs and try to guard their futures by watching their wallets. And rightly so. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I’ve never seen such an insignificant price drop. From the listing of the Rodrigues home:

4E3E3FDE-517B-4D06-B42A-69A4E877CF3C.jpeg

While I’m here, this is a “video”:

Jill looks ready for Halloween.  That is one witchy look. And most of the kids look like they're in pain.

As for the house, the price drop is not going to help much at all.  The idea is to get people who wouldn't have looked at the house in the past because it wasn't in their range by dropping it down to a lower price range.  That usually means a 5 grand drop.

I presume the Rods haven't hired a realtor and are doing the sale themselves.  The MLS works by listing houses by price.  A potential buyer goes to a realtor and says their budget is $180,000 an under and the realtor shows them the houses in that range.  So, any buyer whose budget is $180,000 is already hearing about homes listed at $176,500.  The only way to try and get some new people out to look at the place is to drop it into the $175,000 and under range.  Nobody goes to a realtor with $176.5 K as their range.  

Typical Rods, no common sense.  Considering they got the house via grift, they sure are wanting to wring every nickel out of the sale.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Jill looks ready for Halloween.  That is one witchy look. And most of the kids look like they're in pain.

As for the house, the price drop is not going to help much at all.  The idea is to get people who wouldn't have looked at the house in the past because it wasn't in their range by dropping it down to a lower price range.  That usually means a 5 grand drop.

I presume the Rods haven't hired a realtor and are doing the sale themselves.  The MLS works by listing houses by price.  A potential buyer goes to a realtor and says their budget is $180,000 an under and the realtor shows them the houses in that range.  So, any buyer whose budget is $180,000 is already hearing about homes listed at $176,500.  The only way to try and get some new people out to look at the place is to drop it into the $175,000 and under range.  Nobody goes to a realtor with $176.5 K as their range.  

Typical Rods, no common sense.  Considering they got the house via grift, they sure are wanting to wring every nickel out of the sale.

It’s actually listed with an agent. The wonderful description:

C2C4585C-7DF2-468F-A153-999CA491258A.jpeg

• LOL 6
11 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I’d love to know how they’re able to afford all those kids.  They regularly go on day trips, buy things for the house, buy clothes, expensive makeup and other items, eat out, etc. I wonder if her parents help them out financially, because I don’t know how they manage to pay the bills otherwise.

That’s the ongoing mystery with this whole bunch, isn’t it?  We’d all love the answer to that $65,000 question!  

• Love 10
On 9/26/2019 at 12:49 PM, Enya Face said:

The pronunciation varies depending on where you are in Hungary, but in general, the "zs" is a zh sound, like the way the s sounds in "pleasure". The "sz" is the s sound, and the Hungarian "s" sounds like the sh sound in English.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, AnnaBaptist said:

The pronunciation varies depending on where you are in Hungary, but in general, the "zs" is a zh sound, like the way the s sounds in "pleasure". The "sz" is the s sound, and the Hungarian "s" sounds like the sh sound in English.

Weird that the sz should be the s sound while just plain s sounds like the English sh. It's the other way around in Polish, which seems as though it would be more intuitive. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2