Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Just now, Absolom said:

Michelle and Jim Bob have met JillyR and already know that they want her at quite a distance.

Yup. And it's quite obvious in every picture taken of a Duggar with a Rodrigues. The Rods are definitely happier to be posing with a Duggar than the other way around.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, louannems said:

Oops!  I meant the oldest son, Timothy!

Solomon's Zsu Anderson's oldest son.

Speaking of Zsu Anderson, who is married to hate and banned preacher Steve Anderson, she just gave birth to a baby girl named Ava Rose.  I've lost count of which number baby this is, but I think 11th.

She gave birth, outside, in the FAMILY SWIMMING POOL!!!  So awfully gross!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Speaking of Zsu Anderson, who is married to hate and banned preacher Steve Anderson, she just gave birth to a baby girl named Ava Rose.  I've lost count of which number baby this is, but I think 11th.

I'm hoping it was a kiddy pool! 🤢

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, louannems said:

I know we have the Surprise icon but we really need a WTF one after reading this.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7

Not that it makes it any less eww worthy,but I've read a lot of blogs where women gave birth in the family pool,outdoor spa tub,etc.It's not that uncommon.Hopefully they did a shock treatment on the water before it was used again

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, louannems said:

So much for being modest. Some neighbor could see her naked ! Oh the horror!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Zsu named her baby Eva, but since she's German she pronounces the name Ava.

I can not imagine anyone giving birth in a large in-ground pool.  Or swimming in said pool afterward. It seems like a waste of water. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

So much for being modest. Some neighbor could see her naked ! Oh the horror!

Something tells me the neighbors, if they are sane, avoid the batshit crazy Andersons at all costs. Steve Anderson is bad enough on the internet -- imagine living next door to that. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, sondraK said:

Not that it makes it any less eww worthy,but I've read a lot of blogs where women gave birth in the family pool,outdoor spa tub,etc.It's not that uncommon.Hopefully they did a shock treatment on the water before it was used again

The hospital; where I used to practice had a tub for birthing in one of the rooms.  In the circumstance where that room was in use, we had inflatable pools which were essentially kiddie pools which could be inflated and used.  It was one use per customer, though.  After the delivery, we either tossed the pool or the new parents could take it home.

Also, due to studies which have shown a higher risk of infections in newborns born in tubs, the mom labored in the tubs but got out for delivery.  There were reported deaths in Japan, I think, of babies born in tubs who got infections.  The tubs were evaluated and found to be colonized with bacteria.

• Useful 13
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Wouldn’t the chlorine in the pool (and other chemicals) be bad for the baby? Or do they not put chemicals in the pool, which is gross in another way. 

Maybe they had a salt water pool? They are getting to be a lot more common, and though a bit more expensive to set up, don't require extra chemicals to keep them safe, which makes them more economical over time. Our next-door-neighbors have one, and it's a joy to swim in.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

It's a good thing that child will never go to school. She won't have to experience the agony of everyone pronouncing her name wrong and having to correct them. Growing up I had a friend named Tamara, but it was pronounced Tam-rah not Ta-maa-rah. Drove her absolutely batty. 

• LOL 7
20 hours ago, satrunrose said:

I don't know what to think about the Rods and abuse in the official sense. I do know plenty of kids who are thin. David has the sunken eyes with dark circles and both parents are a little sallow.

The other side, though, is that there's a difference between skinny but healthy and I can see your bones which I can for some of the Rods kids. They believe in the Pearls and their abusive discipline techniques. Heck, just the fact that they have all of those kids and no visible means of support gives me pause. The other fundie dad's all have something even if it's a sketchy home-based business. Most important, though, was how much better Tim looks since he's moved out. 

He does. His face is filling out a bit. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Wouldn’t the chlorine in the pool (and other chemicals) be bad for the baby? Or do they not put chemicals in the pool, which is gross in another way. 

I would hope that they would bring the baby to the surface immediately as it was born and put it on the mom's chest, out of the water.  That's generally the way it is done.  There are some homebirthers who think that the baby should be left underwater as long as the placenta is pulsing, but there have been cases of pneumonia in kids who were left underwater and started breathing there.  At some point, the kid is going to have to come out in the air, better it happens sooner than later, IMO.

Also, it ain't just chlorine in that pool.  Mom's feces, urine, amniotic fluid and all sorts of other icky stuff is floating in the water.  They actually sell little nets to scoop the debris out of birthing pools, but the water is practically contaminated from the moment the mom enters it.  It may well be better for the kiddo to be exposed to chlorine in the water than all the fecal organisms that will be in it once mom's bottom hits the water.

• Useful 12
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

He does. His face is filling out a bit. 

Yep. And that face thing is what, for me, appears to differentiate most of the Rodriguez kids from the many other very skinny kids I've known.....The Rods, to me, have always looked as if they don't have any of that thin layer of fat that we have between the head/face skin and the skull......Their skin often appears to lie absolutely flat against the muscles and bones of their heads, to me.

It's a head/face look that I've only ever seen in person on a couple people I've known who've had severe anorexia. After they'd ended up in the hospital ....And it's there in pictures of famine, and concentration camps. 

I don't think it's natural in skinny kids, if they're eating normally. But -- while, of course, you can't tell for sure from photos -- most of the Rod kids have long had it, to my eye....the boys, especially, which would make sense because those fat layers tend to be thinner in boys to begin with....

And as soon as Tim was gone, he lost the look. 

Whether it's because they aren't given enough food or because they're encouraged to "fast" for Jesus, it's not right. If David can be fat and Jill can scare up money for all that makeup, feeding the kids adequately is possible. And required. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 23
15 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yep. And that face thing is what, for me, appears to differentiate most of the Rodriguez kids from the many other very skinny kids I've known.....The Rods, to me, have always looked as if they don't have any of that thin layer of fat that we have between the head/face skin and the skull......Their skin often appears to lie absolutely flat against the muscles and bones of their heads, to me.

It's a head/face look that I've only ever seen in person on a couple people I've known who've had severe anorexia. ....And I've also seen it in pictures of famine, and concentration camps. 

I don't think it's natural in skinny kids, if they're eating normally. But -- while, of course, you can't tell for sure from photos -- most of the Rod kids have long had it, to my eye....the boys, especially, which would make sense because those fat layers tend to be thinner in boys to begin with....

And as soon as Tim was gone, he lost the look. 

Whether it's because they aren't given enough food or because they're encouraged to "fast" for Jesus, it's not right. If David can be fat and Jill can scare up money for all that makeup, feeding the kids adequately is possible. And required. 

Not just fasting but they are probably being told gluttony is a sin so of course they should be more than happy with their meager portions. 

11 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Not just fasting but they are probably being told gluttony is a sin so of course they should be more than happy with their meager portions. 

I wonder how they balance being told to fast, eat less because of the new blessings, and don't be a glutton and then looking at their obviously obese father? At some point the disconnect has to be pretty damn glaring.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Nysha said:

I wonder how they balance being told to fast, eat less because of the new blessings, and don't be a glutton and then looking at their obviously obese father? At some point the disconnect has to be pretty damn glaring.

Honor they mother and father I guess. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I always got the impression Jill uses fasting as a contest with those kids as in 'Who wants to show Jesus they love him the bestest?' 'Ooh, me, me'. Meanwhile ol' chubby hubby gets triple portions.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Temperance said:

I can not imagine anyone giving birth in a large in-ground pool.  Or swimming in said pool afterward. It seems like a waste of water. 

Shes hungarian, not german. Please dont wish her on us😳😱😱

eva is not pronounced ava-it’s eva, the e being similar to emerald

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

According to fundiewiki, she was a dual citizen of Germany and Hungary before emigrating here. 

• Useful 2
3 minutes ago, Temperance said:

According to fundiewiki, she was a dual citizen of Germany and Hungary before emigrating here. 

Nohoooooo😩😩 havent we suffered enough?

i kind of doubt that. You cant just obtain german citizenship.

does she teach her children other languages, i wonder?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

She seems to be from Germany. Her mother seems to be German. Her father lives in Hungary with his second wife. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Temperance said:

She seems to be from Germany. Her mother seems to be German. Her father lives in Hungary with his second wife. 

Didnt she grow up in hungary and then east germany or something? Im tempted to ask, if only to reassure myself..

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

She teaches her children the language of hate, what else could they possibly need?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, MunichNark said:

In Polish, it would be spelled Ewa, and pronounced the same way. EH-va. But, yeah, names from different languages, spelled the same as their counterparts in English but pronounced differently can be very difficult for kids. I have known quite a few Ewas, and even though their parents generally change the spelling to accommodate the English language over here, they tend to keep the Polish pronunciation. Most kids end up Anglicizing their names eventually. 

• Love 1

Zsuzsuzsu Anderson has her birth story video up.  She did indeed birth in the family pool in chlorinated, 82 degrees water. 

The pool was cold but felt good to Zsu during labor so she just stayed in it to birth, even though she admitted the cool water was a shock to the baby.

The baby had to be rubbed down to start breathing due to the shock.  But Zsu wasn't at all worried about the chlorine since "babies don't breathe through their mouths, they breathe through the cord, until brought to the surface".

She tells us this story while sitting outside during a lightening storm.  I counted 23 lightening flashes during the 21 minute video!  I had to look behind Zsu, focusing on the sky so I wouldn't get seasick. 

Zsu rocked vigorously during her video and I tried not to look too much, but she did seem delighted in her newborn 11th child.  

• Useful 3
2 minutes ago, louannems said:

Zsuzsuzsu Anderson has her birth story video up.  She did indeed birth in the family pool in chlorinated, 82 degrees water. 

The pool was cold but felt good to Zsu during labor so she just stayed in it to birth, even though she admitted the cool water was a shock to the baby.

The baby had to be rubbed down to start breathing due to the shock.  But Zsu wasn't at all worried about the chlorine since "babies don't breathe through their mouths, they breathe through the cord, until brought to the surface".

She tells us this story while sitting outside during a lightening storm.  I counted 23 lightening flashes during the 21 minute video!  I had to look behind Zsu, focusing on the sky so I wouldn't get seasick. 

Zsu rocked vigorously during her video and I tried not to look too much, but she did seem delighted in her newborn 11th child.  

I have no words. We need another emoji for this but I do not not how you could do STUPID .

• Love 21
On 9/23/2019 at 7:50 AM, MargeGunderson said:

That is what I was thinking?? Chlorine is terrible for adult skin never mind fresh new baby skin! 

It was a running joke in my family that I was going to deliver my baby in our in ground pool . I had made the mistake of telling them I was considering a water birth at the hospital ( they had tubs you could use) and the more pregnant I was the less funny the joke was to me LOL. I eventually said yes actually I am going to . Come over for a pool party after!

When I was in labor in the tub the midwife was very specific of the risks of actually delivering in the tub. That and the thought of the pool filling up with all the fun extras of delivering...I noped out of it and delivered on the bed. 

Who the hell would go swimming in that pool after she delivered? They * should* have to shock it and re-chlorinate it...ick. That can also be expensive, too. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I want to visit Poland someday. Maybe I will feel at home there 😞.

Went for 2 weeks in August and totally loved it.  My husband's family is from there and we are actually thinking of moving there when I retire.  

• Love 7
13 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Zsu whatever it is. Is that her real name? It’s awful. 

Oh good another idiot pops out a gazillion kids.

She's European. Her name is normal, and it's the least worst part of her, anyway. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

IIRC, Anna delivered Marcus in a birthing tub at her midwife 's office/house.  Mechelle rode along (& maybe Mrs. Query) & it took awhile for them to get there. Anna was very scared she was  going to deliver in the van.  She seemed just as upset delivering in the tub & worrying the baby was going to drown. 

Elissa Maxwell is pregnant again with baby #3. She is due before Anna Marie in January/February 2020 (so like January 31st).  Elissa is married to Joseph/Joe Maxwell and has two kids: Calia and Kyle. 

Also Jesse Maxwell is now 25. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

Elissa Maxwell is pregnant again with baby #3. She is due before Anna Marie in January/February 2020 (so like January 31st).  Elissa is married to Joseph/Joe Maxwell and has two kids: Calia and Kyle. 

All the girls are still at home in Maxhell, right? Which creeps me out beyond belief. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

All the girls are still at home in Maxhell, right? Which creeps me out beyond belief. 

All of the girls are Daddy Maxwell's captives.  Some of the adult daughters even get to share bunk beds.  Isn't that fun?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, floridamom said:

My husband's grandmother's name was Zsuzsuanna. It's Susan in English. She was straight from Hungary; so the name is common in Hungary.

I was just going to respond with something similar to this, @floridamom. I have a couple of friends who are Hungarian, and the “Zs” seems like act as the letter S or J. Like Zsanette was Janet/Janette in one instance I knew.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

5 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

24 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

All of the girls are Daddy Maxwell's captives.  Some of the adult daughters even get to share bunk beds.  Isn't that fun?

I was just going to post the same thing about the bunkbeds Doodlebug.

I shouldn't find that weird because it's basically the same as having separate boys & girls dorm rooms like the  duggars. They must use bunkbeds due to space whereas the Duggar girls have plenty of space for them to have separate beds at least nowadays. 

Jesse had to celebrate his 25th birthday at home with the whole gang.  Of course bible time was part of the festivities.  There is a picture of him blowing out the candles on his cake surrounded by all the nieces & nephews. It's both cute & sad.  I know most of us celebrate birthdays with family but it's sad that these people are the ones he's with the most. I doubt he sees much of the outside world & has friends his age. I mean friends & not just acquaintances. 

Sarah wrote this as part of the pregnancy announcement:  "We rejoice with a family who welcomes children as a gift from the Lord."   This line really got my BP up.  Drives me nuts they think they are the only Christians who feel this way about having children.  I wonder if the three Maxwell sisters discuss amongst themselves why God hasn't found Prince Charming (which leads to children)for them yet.  It's one thing if it was one sister like Jana but they have to question what they have done for God not to have  blessed all three of them with husbands & children yet.

• Love 6