Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

"Willowy", heh.  

Also, I'm wondering if it's possible the kids gave David that place setting in hopes that it would inspire him to diet?  You know, like they advise people to serve things on smaller plates and bowls; and use chopsticks to eat all their meals, in order to allow yourself time to slow down and realize you're full?

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, queenanne said:

"Willowy", heh.  

Also, I'm wondering if it's possible the kids gave David that place setting in hopes that it would inspire him to diet?  You know, like they advise people to serve things on smaller plates and bowls; and use chopsticks to eat all their meals, in order to allow yourself time to slow down and realize you're full?

I think you're giving the Rodriguii more credit (for brains and cleverness) than they deserve. (But I suspect you knew that already.) 

Also, Jill R lies like an effing rug. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

This also happened a while ago. Tim hasn't lived at home in over a year. Jill just likes to post this narrative from time to time when she's not being persecuted that week.

She probably used up all her Olive Garden gift cards. Needs more $ to take 1 child out to restaurant.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

They left, telling us that we needed to come to their houses to show them how to organize and keep a clean house. 

Both times, it seemed a waste of time that they were even at our home…and they agreed. They also agreed that continued future visits would be legally viewed as harrassment.

They found nothing wrong and sighed with this “lead” being a sheer “waste of their time”.

Other posters have already made this comment but I just have to state it as well.  Absolutely, positively, 100% no way, were these types of comments made by the investigators.  Makes my blood boil.

They don’t look STRONG

Exactly.  There is so much more going on here than kids just being naturally skinny.  They look SICK.

I even gave the woman social worker a hug.

Well, of course you gave the WOMAN social worker a hug, Jill!  If you hugged the man, you'd both go straight to hell!  Adultery, lust and all that jazz.....

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
54 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

Other posters have already made this comment but I just have to state it as well.  Absolutely, positively, 100% no way, were these types of comments made by the investigators.  Makes my blood boil.

Exactly.  There is so much more going on here than kids just being naturally skinny.  They look SICK.

Well, of course you gave the WOMAN social worker a hug, Jill!  If you hugged the man, you'd both go straight to hell!  Adultery, lust and all that jazz.....

Well, she had to wait for her headship to return home before even going outside to greet them, so of course, Jill could not possibly speak to a male alone let alone invite him into her home.  Even with Tim and her other eleventy zillion kids standing right there, even if the guy had an ID badge and she could call and verify. No way could she touch him lest he be overcome with her beauty and unable to control himself.

This whole story sounds like typical Jill fabrication to paint herself as a martyr.  I don't doubt DCFS showed up at the church and her home.  But there is absolutely no way that anyone in authority is going to agree with her about anything.  They are there to get an objective view of the situation in the home, not to stroke the ego of the client.  They would be completely noncommittal to any comments she made and I presume she is the one who told them how organized and clean she was and offered to demonstrate, not vice versa.  I presume their reports also included the fact that the mother in question was somewhat inappropriate in her responses.

I had an actual family member reported to DCFC.  Overzealous new grad preschool teacher saw bruises on her kid's legs from learning to ride a two wheeler and called them.  Her kid was an only child, she and her hubby were 30'ish, both employed, owned their own middle class home, etc.  Even so, she had 2 social workers and a cop show up at her house and question her, her husband, and her child, each separately, before telling her that he could stay in the home and she would hear from the court.  In the end, nothing happened (because it was stupid), but she still needed to take parenting classes along with her husband in order to get the dismissal.  She laughed about it because most of the other parents were teens who didn't seem to know how often to change a diaper, how to deal with a fussy baby, discipline a toddler, etc.After the first class, the instructor asked her and her hubby to help mentor the other parents because they clearly knew how to take care of a kid.  But she still had to go to get the file closed.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 10

Child protection is a difficult agency to work for - in many states (the one I worked in) there was no budget to hire as many qualified workers as necessary.  There were many (of course not all) wonderful workers but there weren't enough of them.  Very huge case loads.  Each claim has to be weighed.  there are just not enough resources for every claim to be given as much attention as necessary, sadly, and sometimes, dreadfully, something slips through the cracks.  The juvenile justice system got most of the state funding.  And still not enough to do a decent job.  But, I agree that no worker would have said to JRod what she claims.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

Did she say the social worker talked to her Pediatrician Doctor? That would not have happened during the visit. She would have had to either received written permission from the parents to view their medical records, or try to get a court order from a judge to get the records. 

I realize different states have different laws. My daughter currently has an open CPS safety plan, where she is "voluntarily" working with the social workers. But if she doesn't, they will place the kids in foster care so it's not like she really has a choice. Part of the safety plan allows the kids' doctors, schools, and counselors to give the social worker unrestricted access to their records. The school officials and counselors trip over themselves to talk to CPS; the pediatrician and the psychiatrist my grandson sees have both limited their contact to written notes that the children are not currently showing signs of abuse and my daughter is following all recommendations for their care. They have both said that as mandatory reporters, they will report any signs of abuse but that without a court order, they will not discuss any specifics with the social worker.

• Useful 9
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

Did she say the social worker talked to her Pediatrician Doctor? That would not have happened during the visit. She would have had to either received written permission from the parents to view their medical records, or try to get a court order from a judge to get the records. 

I realize different states have different laws. My daughter currently has an open CPS safety plan, where she is "voluntarily" working with the social workers. But if she doesn't, they will place the kids in foster care so it's not like she really has a choice. Part of the safety plan allows the kids' doctors, schools, and counselors to give the social worker unrestricted access to their records. The school officials and counselors trip over themselves to talk to CPS; the pediatrician and the psychiatrist my grandson sees have both limited their contact to written notes that the children are not currently showing signs of abuse and my daughter is following all recommendations for their care. They have both said that as mandatory reporters, they will report any signs of abuse but that without a court order, they will not discuss any specifics with the social worker.

In my state DCF workers do not need ROIs if they open an investigation. They can talk to anyone related to the investigation without permission.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I wonder if the kids have had any detailed blood work done.Checks for anemia,white blood cell count,thyroid,etc..due to their thinness. 

And checks for certain levels of nutrients,like b12,vitamin d,etc.Even if Jill gives them plexus,some ppl can't absorb b12,so they need injections for it.

In depth check ups for them all would be a good idea.That would really tell what the state of their health is.

And get David an A1C test.I bet he needs one,due to his size.Jmo    

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 8

Some children, although skinny can be very healthy. Look at those childrens' eyes. Eyes can indicate health status. My mother used to say, pull the eye down and look at the tissue under the eyeball. If it's a healthy pink or even a bit 'red' you're ok; if it's pale, you're not 'healthy' and need nutrition. Old Italian method. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, sondraK said:

I wonder if the kids have had any detailed blood work done.Checks for anemia,white blood cell count,thyroid,etc..due to their thinness. 

And checks for certain levels of nutrients,like b12,vitamin d,etc.Even if Jill gives them plexus,some ppl can't absorb b12,so they need injections for it.

In depth check ups for them all would be a good idea.That would really tell what the state of their health is.

And get David an A1C test.I bet he needs one,due to his size.Jmo    

I highly doubt the entire family gets proper medical treatment. Maybe the parents.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Can’t believe I’m saying this but, Lawson’s voice is actually decent in his new song. It’s usually nails on a chalkboard for me. And I feel so defrauded because he held someone’s hand in the video and he’s not courting 😱😱

Agree.I was pleasantly surprised.

Perhaps he does have a lover or 2 out there.He seems to be happily single

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill R went on a trip with hubby and 3 kids. 

I assume the other 99 kids were left home alone with 1 box of pasta to share...

Maybe the kids will have a wild party.  That's what my fundy neighbor's kids used to do!

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

There we go again with "god providing." There are people starving around the world (and likely in Jill's own home) but here's GOD "providing" these two grifters with a hotel room that costs at least $139.95 a night (according to their website).

"God" seems to certainly have a low bar for priorities these days. 

So, they’re in Ohio, an hour and change from me.  The resort they’re staying at is in Millersburg in Holmes County which I believe is the largest Amish community in the US.  It’s a lovely area with lots of farms, green rolling hills. And Amish restaurants where Mennonite girls work as waitresses (real Amish don’t mix with Yankees) and they serve family style with heaping platters of fried chicken. It’s a veritable cholesterol fest, you can almost hear your arteries slamming shut as you chew.

The restaurants are all-you-can-eat, so maybe those girls will have full stomachs for once. Chubby Hubby may eat a couple places into bankruptcy.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Gweilo said:

Tessie is gorgeous and fresh faced. There's no help for the poor thing once Jill gets her makeup kit near her.

Yeah. I'm not feeling very tolerant today. I'd call them "white trash," but that would be an insult to white trash.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Some fun “senior trip “.  Renee was brought along to watch the baby while Jill and David go off and play. And Tessie came along as an accountability partner.  I swear these people are as transparent as a window.

I was going to post the same thing. I checked out the place & it does have an indoor pool, movie theaters & trails which regular teenage girls would like even while watching the baby.  But I'm sure the Rod girls were sequestered to the Children's Village area which is cute but look likes it's designed for 10 year olds.  The girls  had to go somewhere while Jill & David were celebrating.   I wonder who God chose to grift them the trip. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 9
35 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Some fun “senior trip “.  Renee was brought along to watch the baby while Jill and David go off and play. And Tessie came along as an accountability partner.  I swear these people are as transparent as a window.

Just like Solomon's "senior trip" was to a women's conference where Jill was a speaker.  And Nurie's senior trip was to an older couples' wedding where only old people attended.

Edited by louannems

Renee is not in her senior year of high school - she doesn't attend high school. The daughter without makeup looks beautiful. Maybe the older harlots girls should scrape off a few layers of their makeup - it could come in handy while husband hunting!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, doodlebug said:

So, they’re in Ohio, an hour and change from me.  The resort they’re staying at is in Millersburg in Holmes County which I believe is the largest Amish community in the US.  It’s a lovely area with lots of farms, green rolling hills. And Amish restaurants where Mennonite girls work as waitresses (real Amish don’t mix with Yankees) and they serve family style with heaping platters of fried chicken. It’s a veritable cholesterol fest, you can almost hear your arteries slamming shut as you chew.

The restaurants are all-you-can-eat, so maybe those girls will have full stomachs for once. Chubby Hubby may eat a couple places into bankruptcy.

Yep, I was gonna say that I've eaten in that neighborhood several times (yes, I could hear my arteries clogging)-- and the food is so plentiful (and often buffet style) that there's a solid chance the kids could grab full-sized (or bigger....) meals without having Jill or even David snarf it away from in front of them. 

So that's a good thing, anyway. 

You could even eat somewhat healthily in the buffet-style joints if you chose carefully....But, really, I just want the kids to enjoy having full meals for once, even if it is all starch and lard. 

4 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Controlling jerks -- religious, non-religious, whatever -- don't let kids live any other way, unfortunately. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

the food is so plentiful (and often buffet style) that there's a solid chance the kids could grab full-sized (or bigger....) meals without having Jill or even David snarf it away from in front of them. 

but would they?

these girls are told to fast and plexus to be thin and attract a "godly" man.

will they even eat when food is readily available?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

First part of a very long blog post. Kaylee is next, I guess, for a courtship in Jill’s eyes.......

Summer 2019 for the Rodrigues Family.

Posted on September 14, 2019 by Rodrigues Family

It was a BUSY summer! Here is a re-cap on all of our activities…

July 5th – I literally don’t know how to describe such a wonderful daughter as Kaylee. She is one of the most thoughtful, giving, and passionate people I have met and I am HONORED that she is my daughter! Happy 18th Birthday, honey. I LOVE you! 

Mama (and family) 

• Love 1

I don't know what to think about the Rods and abuse in the official sense. I do know plenty of kids who are thin. David has the sunken eyes with dark circles and both parents are a little sallow.

The other side, though, is that there's a difference between skinny but healthy and I can see your bones which I can for some of the Rods kids. They believe in the Pearls and their abusive discipline techniques. Heck, just the fact that they have all of those kids and no visible means of support gives me pause. The other fundie dad's all have something even if it's a sketchy home-based business. Most important, though, was how much better Tim looks since he's moved out. 

Edited by satrunrose
Cause fundie dads aren't funny (at least not on purpose)
  • Love 8