Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Must be nice to be able bodied and live off the government. They chose to have all those kids! I feel bad for the kids but Jill and David are leeches. And they will probably grow up to be the same way. 

Okay done with that rant. 

I understand where you're coming from. There's a huge difference between falling on hard times or being working poor versus two perfectly capable adults who choose to sit on their asses and bring a dozen kids into the world. Neither Jill nor David is sick or disabled, they should be doing something to contribute to the system that is likely subsidizing their family. And it isn't even just medical care. They grift cars, houses, restaurant meals, etc. It's shameless.

• Love 23

While I know the Rods would qualify for government benefits including Medicaid, I don't see them actually applying for them.  I can't see David and Jill taking the time to fill out the paperwork, get their tax and other income information prepared, and show up at a government office for an appointment with a social worker.  They would have to open up their finances to outsiders who may not share the same beliefs as them, who may be atheists, or gay, etc.  I also don't think they are smart enough to hide the grifts from the taxman.  

Most likely, Jill grifted these surgeries from a like-minded oral surgeon.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I understand where you're coming from. There's a huge difference between falling on hard times or being working poor versus two perfectly capable adults who choose to sit on their asses and bring a dozen kids into the world. Neither Jill nor David is sick or disabled, they should be doing something to contribute to the system that is likely subsidizing their family. And it isn't even just medical care. They grift cars, houses, restaurant meals, etc. It's shameless.

And what is sad with the grifting is people give them things! 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

While I know the Rods would qualify for government benefits including Medicaid, I don't see them actually applying for them.  I can't see David and Jill taking the time to fill out the paperwork, get their tax and other income information prepared, and show up at a government office for an appointment with a social worker.  They would have to open up their finances to outsiders who may not share the same beliefs as them, who may be atheists, or gay, etc.  I also don't think they are smart enough to hide the grifts from the taxman.  

Most likely, Jill grifted these surgeries from a like-minded oral surgeon.  

That is a good point. Applying for Medicaid is God awful. Going to the bank, getting 5 years worth of statements. I spent so much time trying to get a copy of a $400 check of my parent's the Chase. It was for a credit card statement. Medicaid wanted the statement. The card was in my mom's name. Chase wanted to have my mom come to the bank or talk to her on the phone. Woman can't talk just babbles and is in a wheel chair. The list just goes on and on. I'm surprised I didn't have a heart attack with all of the stress. 

I'm sure they grifted freebies. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't understand why people give them things and expensive things at that.  This is not a family that has fallen on hard times due to special circumstances (fire, natural disaster...etc).  This is just a family who grifts as their lifestyle.  All these able bodies and no one works.  Not even part time jobs for some of the older kids (I started working when I was 14 - went downtown and got my worker's permit and everything).  I would take public transportation from high school to my job downtown and my mom would pick me up when I was done.

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

I don't understand why people give them things and expensive things at that.  This is not a family that has fallen on hard times due to special circumstances (fire, natural disaster...etc).  This is just a family who grifts as their lifestyle.  All these able bodies and no one works.  Not even part time jobs for some of the older kids (I started working when I was 14 - went downtown and got my worker's permit and everything).  I would take public transportation from high school to my job downtown and my mom would pick me up when I was done.

Maybe people feel bad for the kids? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Medicaid?

Jill bragged about grifting braces for the kids' teeth from a fundie orthodontist, she probably managed to find an oral surgeon who loves the Lord like she does.  When you don't actually work and you let your many, many girl children raise your younger kids and keep house, it gives you extra time to beg for freebies.  What else does she have on her schedule?

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Jill bragged about grifting braces for the kids' teeth from a fundie orthodontist, she probably managed to find an oral surgeon who loves the Lord like she does.  When you don't actually work and you let your many, many girl children raise your younger kids and keep house, it gives you extra time to beg for freebies.  What else does she have on her schedule?

Social media? Gotta get the word out there. That's how she grifted the car after Nurie's crash last year.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

I don't understand why people give them things and expensive things at that.  

There are people out there with the same stunted, ugly, prejudiced POV as the Rods who happen to also have good jobs and some money to give to good causes.  Being ignorant bigots, they prefer to limit their charitable donations to people who think like they do.  That's the crowd that gives them things.  Or they get stuff from people who do not understand they're being scammed by con artists and think they're helping out a family with a temporary need.

As far as fundies of JRod's ilk go, they don't want to donate to regular charities like the Cancer Society or the local library or to meals for the indigent because those donations could go to help someone who is gay, or had a baby out of wedlock or lives in sin or lives a sinful life.  They don't care if the woman in short shorts and a tank top has cancer, she's a sinner, God is punishing her and she doesn't deserve their donation.  And the library isn't going to let them come in and purge the shelves of anything that they don't like, and they don't like most of it and the soup kitchen isn't going to check ID and make sure no gay people or Muslims or kids born to single mothers are fed on their dime.

So, they donate to the Rods and it makes them feel like they are following Jesus' commands while also making them feel they are being persecuted as Christians since they can't deduct it on their taxes while they could if they gave to immoral charities.  Now, JRod and Chubby Hubby do have a charitable foundation for their family and you can go to their website and make a tax deductible donation to them via their 'mission' but I'm not sure orthodontia would pass the IRS rules.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

There are people out there with the same stunted, ugly, prejudiced POV as the Rods who happen to also have good jobs and some money to give to good causes.  Being ignorant bigots, they prefer to limit their charitable donations to people who think like they do.  That's the crowd that gives them things.  Or they get stuff from people who do not understand they're being scammed by con artists and think they're helping out a family with a temporary need.

As far as fundies of JRod's ilk go, they don't want to donate to regular charities like the Cancer Society or the local library or to meals for the indigent because those donations could go to help someone who is gay, or had a baby out of wedlock or lives in sin or lives a sinful life.  They don't care if the woman in short shorts and a tank top has cancer, she's a sinner, God is punishing her and she doesn't deserve their donation.  And the library isn't going to let them come in and purge the shelves of anything that they don't like, and they don't like most of it and the soup kitchen isn't going to check ID and make sure no gay people or Muslims or kids born to single mothers don't share in their donations.

So, they donate to the Rods and it makes them feel like they are following Jesus' commands while also making them feel they are being persecuted as Christians since they can't deduct it on their taxes while they could if they gave to immoral charities.  Now, JRod and Chubby Hubby do have a charitable foundation for their family and you can go to their website and make a tax deductible donation to them via their 'mission' but I'm not sure orthodontia would pass the IRS rules.

Its so wrong and makes me so angry. 

• Love 12

Can anyone tell me where in the bible they came up w the whole purity culture? 

As far as I have read,staying a virgin till marriage is an old Jewish custom.But they aren't Jewish!

Did I miss something there? Thks

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Can't help you.  I'm still searching for the verses that instruct women to wear ugly, frumpy clothes, grow their hair into a rat's nest, and pile on the make up until they resemble Betty Davis in the movie "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane".  

ROFL

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

My apologies to any of you gun lovers, but I find those posts scary and disgusting.

No need to apologize. I own guns, and I find those posts scary and disgusting too. 

• Love 11

Where in the Bible does it say that the husband can’t find/wear proper sized clothing especially long ass pants? 

And husband can be obese and greasy? While the wife must be skinny no matter how many blessings she births?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

And birth control is never mentioned in the bible.I think God got ticked at the one guy who 'spilled his seed' on the ground,but he was supposed to procreate for a certain reason.And that was just him.Sry I don't recall why

1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Last time I checked, gluttony was one of the seven deadly sins.

And stealing.I would take that to mean your child's gift cards,too

• Love 15

The whole 'be fruitful and multiply' was a command given to Adam and Eve,to populate the earth.God never said it transcended through time,or to a particular denomination.They really do pull things out of a hat

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Wishing Well said:

Hmmm...that Rod boy would be veeeery cute if he had his brows fixed and maybe an extra 40 pounds of muscle.  And a lobotomy.  

I think it's Samuel.  I think he's the most attractive boy, even though his mother says he's one of her "dark" children.  I also think Renee is very pretty.  They seem to get lost in the shuffle.  It's so sad.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill also filmed them last night on FB Live. Poor kids were all wasted.

I just watched it.  All of her FB friends thought it was hilarious.  I must have no sense of humor because I didn’t think it was at all funny.

34 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

That was a tragedy waiting to happen. Keep filming Jill.

Not one of them was wearing a seatbelt.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill also filmed them last night on FB Live. Poor kids were all wasted.

I remember when I had mine out.  I passed out on the couch, ended up in my bed at some point,  and rolled out of bed once to get a little bit of food and take some more pain meds.  This was well before everyone had a camera in their pocket, but even then my family knew not to film anything like that.  I do wish I could have gotten some footage of my mom after her colonoscopy though.   Mom on propherol was pretty hilarious. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I remember when I had mine out.  I passed out on the couch, ended up in my bed at some point,  and rolled out of bed once to get a little bit of food and take some more pain meds.  This was well before everyone had a camera in their pocket, but even then my family knew not to film anything like that.  I do wish I could have gotten some footage of my mom after her colonoscopy though.   Mom on propherol was pretty hilarious. 

I'm happy that my daughter had her wisdoms out well before social media.  Not that I ever would have embarrassed her by posting the aftermath.  This Jill is a real piece of work.

I've had three colonoscopies but no one filmed them.  I wasn't completely under since I have problems with anesthesia, so I watched the procedures on the screens.  The prep was way worse than the actual procedures.  

Hopefully they at least had a milkshake or something good afterward.  They could all stand to gain a few.

• Love 5
On 8/26/2019 at 11:14 AM, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

Samuel is a nice looking young man, but his arm looks very skinny. There’s nothing wrong with being skinny, there are plenty of skinny healthy people in this world but his arm is SO SKINNY it looks like a THIN teenage girl’s arm.....

They are too f’ing thin!! When I had my wisdom teeth out I ate a lot of cream of rice cereal. That’s cheap, filling, gluten free. Why the hell can’t she fill the kids up on that stuff? Cream of wheat, farina, oatmeal? Some of the cheapest meals out there. 

Damn it makes me mad to see skinny kids. Nurie is straight up and down scary looking. But then her guy is flat out fug, so just great. 

And I say all of this being a thin runner, as is Mr. I like a lean man, but these kids are just sick. 

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, allonsyalice said:

the fact that she putt "pamper" in quote marks makes me think shes doing everything but. 

Well, she said, "We tried to pamper them..." which means, yes, they did everything but.

How do you "try" to pamper your kids?! "Well, we tried ... but thought it would be better if they brought US our food in bed instead."

4 hours ago, Love2dance said:

Full makeup after four wisdom teeth surgery? 

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Poor things must have been in too much pain to do their hair, so Jill made them where hats.

They look good for what they've been through. Maybe it's the pain med?

Hoping the church ladies sent over some easy to eat, filling meals like @EmeraldGirl suggested. 

• Love 5

Ugh,no,seatbelts are not impossible.They just didn't try. When my 2 teens had their wisdom teeth out,they were wheeled out and helped into the van by staff,who also made sure they were buckled in properly.If they had unbuckled themselves on the way home,we would have stopped and strapped them in again.Sry,just no excuse for being unsafe

• Love 13

Nuri poor thing has a crooked mouth/stroke mouth. Add Nathan unattractive face=their offspring will be like Daddy David R. 

Jill probably went through the drive through and got her hubby a milkshake and fries. Maybe all the kids got to share 1 shake.

50 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Nuri poor thing has a crooked mouth/stroke mouth. Add Nathan unattractive face=their offspring will be like Daddy David R. 

Jill probably went through the drive through and got her hubby a milkshake and fries. Maybe all the kids got to share 1 shake.

It's really weird how the Kellers managed to produce attractive daughters but hit a brick wall with the sons.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

It's really weird how the Kellers managed to produce attractive daughters but hit a brick wall with the sons.

Are the other two boys that bad looking? I haven't seen many pictures of the older one, but he looked normal enough in the couple I saw. The youngest appears on David and Priscilla Waller's Instagram sporadically; like Nathan he always has very awkward expressions, but overall his features seem nicer than Nathan's.

But yeah, the girls are definitely more attractive... which is a miracle unto itself based on the parents' appearances...

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

After my colonoscopy I THOUGHT I was awake and coherent but I have no recollection of an alleged conversation about farting with the nurse.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

For some reason, Sierra Dominguez crosses my mind this morning.  Went to her IG and her most recent post has my mind 🤯  Does Mark not do anything to help her in the home??   She’s big pregnant and already has 6 littles...  

Also, can anyone explain to me what Mark does for a living that supports that many people?   

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

For some reason, Sierra Dominguez crosses my mind this morning.  Went to her IG and her most recent post has my mind 🤯  Does Mark not do anything to help her in the home??   She’s big pregnant and already has 6 littles...  

Also, can anyone explain to me what Mark does for a living that supports that many people?   

He works at a furniture store - a salesman? or something else? He comes across to me in her posts and frequent Instagram stories as really easy-going, good-natured and supportive of Sierra and family. She seems really driven and organized, but I like her based on what I've seen. I have no idea why they want to have so many kids though?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SongbirdHollow said:

After my colonoscopy I THOUGHT I was awake and coherent but I have no recollection of an alleged conversation about farting with the nurse.

Yeah, I think many of us have had that post-colonoscopy convo with a nurse.  I allegedly apologized to the same nurse four times in a row. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

If I were hugely pregnant with a list a mile long of things that needed to be done and his response was 1) call your mother and 2) eat this ice cream, the ice cream would be jammed really far up his nether regions.  She is going to completely lose her mind one day and the signs are clear as day you dumb fuck Mark!  

You and me both. Is life in the trenches at Sam's Furniture so arduous that Mark can't assemble a bunk bed or do a load of laundry on his off day? These women really settle for scraps, don't they?

• Love 9

I know they have a strict division of labor between the genders, but wouldn't building bunk beds and fixing lights fall under Mark's jurisdiction?  Speaking as a woman who mows the lawn and does other yard work, fixes broken things in the house, and has to put everything together that my mom buys, I really have no clue about their division of labor.  

Edited by Ohiopirate02
had another thought
  • Love 12