Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

It just really makes me sad and a bit angry to see the Instagram posts of these girls right after they get married.  They look like they are having such a good time- going out, taking weekend trips, all of the fun activities that mainstream late teens/twenty-somethings do on a regular basis.  

But we all know that the clock is counting down to the inevitable first baby and the end of that lifestyle, sometimes before they even turn 20.  I realize that they are programmed to do this from a very young age, but I always hold out hope that one of them will wake up one morning and think "I want to keep living like this for a few more years.  Let's not have a baby right away."

Sadly, that never proves to be the case.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah. True. Most of 'em do marry somebody just a bit older, though, don't they? Seems to me this 18-year-old guy is at least a bit of an aberration?

Let's hope so. Alyssa, Josie and Carlin married men who have in demand skills and they probably make decent money.  They seem to be enjoying a different lifestyle than the one they had growing up. Josie and Kelton just purchased their first home.  I hope Katie would not marry an 18 year old who just graduated from High school. In what universe does this seem to be a good decision?  Surely Gil and Kelly would try to dissuade her from that mistake. 

• Love 8
On 8/11/2019 at 12:52 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Will they do this every time a child marries?

My guess is Nurie does the majority of the childcare and household chores (or makes sure the younger girls do them). Jill is probably terrified of her leaving and everyone expecting Mama to pick up the slack. By moving to Florida, Nurie can train her younger siblings while Mama tries to snag the other Keller boy and a Duggar boy for Kaylee and Renee. Tessie is 12 and Hannah is 10, so they're definitely old enough to take over parenting the little girls and keeping the house clean.

10 minutes ago, Nysha said:

No, we just know they're trying to sell their house because their printing business is growing.

Well, that's the excuse given in the ad. Who knows what's really going on with the business.

• Love 6

Is Tim trolling for donations? Good luck to him at college with his Rodrigues Family High School education. As for the applesauce, Jill probably peeled one apple and then turned the job over to her crew while she took nap. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Is Tim trolling for donations? Good luck to him at college with his Rodrigues Family High School education.

I think Timothy's "deep calling to aviaton ministry" is basically his mommy sees the Duggars and Bates', who have pilot licensed sons, flying much more often than riding in an RV these days. Jill wants in on that. I think the bigger, long term grift, is for the lord to bless Timothy/their ministry with a plane.

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why is he changing his phone number?

I have no idea.  My cell number has been the same since 2001 when I got the line.  I have lived in 3 different states since, and I have never changed my number.  The only people that I know that change their cell numbers are the ones who constantly burn through prepay phones with different carriers.  

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have no idea.  My cell number has been the same since 2001 when I got the line.  I have lived in 3 different states since, and I have never changed my number.  The only people that I know that change their cell numbers are the ones who constantly burn through prepay phones with different carriers.  

And with prepaid phones, you can still port old numbers. Sometimes can be a pain between carriers, but it is definitely doable. The only people I really know who get new numbers are people who are being harassed. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3

Yeah,Jill wants her son to be a pilot like the Duggar's have,and if John Shrader,Anna's bil,can grift a plane,so can she.

She might also be hoping to get Tim into working for the Duggars that way.'

How did Tim have the money to buy a truck,I wonder

I would think it would go further to just slice the apples and bake them

• Love 4
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

150 apples = 7 jars of applesauce??  Fuck that!!

No way 150 apples only made 7 jars of applesauce. No way.

I certainly hope she refrigerated those and didn't just leave them on a shelf. I can tell just by looking at them she did not can them correctly. Two have regular lids and I doubt she water-bathed the other five.

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
Just now, BradandJanet said:

I want to start a charity: ProActive acne treatments for fundamentalists/evangelicals. I'm seeing a whole lot of need in these unfortunate selfies. 

I think a more balanced healthy diet could help a lot as well.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I certainly hope she refrigerated those and didn't just leave them on a shelf. I can tell just by looking at them she did not can them correctly. Two have regular lids and I doubt she water-bathed the other five.

That was my first thought when i saw this photo, that she most likely did not process the jars.  But then I figured that they would probably go through these in a week's time anyway, so I doubt they'll be around long enough to become dangerous.

• Love 7

According to Google, it takes 3 pounds of apples to make 1 quart of applesauce. 3 medium apples make 1 pound, so 150 medium apples would make 50 pounds. 50/3 is 16.667, so she should have had 16 quarts and 1 pint.

Since she only got 7 quarts out of 150 apples, most of them must have been very small, bruised, or buggy.

• Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Option #1-the kids saw apples and said "hot damn" and ate them all before Jill got around to using them.  I'm guessing they don't see fresh fruits or veggies much and took advantage of the situation.  

Other possibility is Jill just can't math.

Edited by sixlets
  • LOL 14
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I would love it if he didn’t give his precious WONDERFUL Mama the new number.

Edited by Tigregirl
Typo on precious
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I want to start a charity: ProActive acne treatments for fundamentalists/evangelicals. I'm seeing a whole lot of need in these unfortunate selfies. 

Aren't there a couple of birth control pills that clear up skin?  I knew a woman who put her daughter on one for that reason (I'm sure it had nothing to do with the girl sneaking out of the house at night and being brought back on at least two occasions by the police for trying to sneak into bars).

Would those pills work on the complexion of a Godly Young Man? 

• LOL 4

I'm sure you wouldn't give bcp's to a guy.Unless he's going trans.

The estrogen would have female effects on them,inc. growing breasts,and smaller male private parts.And a higher voice.Not what a non trans male would want

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Nysha said:

According to Google, it takes 3 pounds of apples to make 1 quart of applesauce. 3 medium apples make 1 pound, so 150 medium apples would make 50 pounds. 50/3 is 16.667, so she should have had 16 quarts and 1 pint.

Since she only got 7 quarts out of 150 apples, most of them must have been very small, bruised, or buggy.

Given that they were probably windfalls, or something else that she didn't have to pay for, it's entirely possible that most of the apples were, in fact, bruised and buggy. Plus, since she probably enlisted the kids to do the bulk of the work, poor knife skills probably decimated them even further. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Given that they were probably windfalls, or something else that she didn't have to pay for, it's entirely possible that most of the apples were, in fact, bruised and buggy. Plus, since she probably enlisted the kids to do the bulk of the work, poor knife skills probably decimated them even further. 

Now I'm wondering how much of the buggy, wormy, bruised parts made it into the applesauce.  Yuck!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Some hilariously fictional scenarios:

running from the law?

running from a girl who fell in love with him while he made her a sandwich at subway?

owes money to mooney college?

mommy and daddy used his social security number to open up credit cards in Timmy name and now he owes money?

doesn't want to go on double dates with mamma and DADDY and his SISTER?

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, sondraK said:

I'm sure you wouldn't give bcp's to a guy.Unless he's going trans.

The estrogen would have female effects on them,inc. growing breasts,and smaller male private parts.And a higher voice.Not what a non trans male would want

Actually, according to Laura Jane Grace, transitioning doesn’t usually raise the voice, although there are procedures that can be done. I suppose it might also depend on the age of transitioning. Regardless the Dugggars would never chance it. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Wait, didn't he go to school last year in Washington state or Oregon? What happened ?

Moody Aviation in Spokane. Long story short, Jill claims that they were lied to regarding tuition. Truth? He probably flunked out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

I can't find any official courtship announcement for Katie Bates on any of the Bates social media or the fundie snarksites. There is speculation that Katie is courting, because of the photos with the guy. I'm now thinking this might be a more drawn out courtship like CarVan's (Carlin + Evan). 

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Moody Aviation in Spokane. Long story short, Jill claims that they were lied to regarding tuition. Truth? He probably flunked out.

Wait, what? I remember us wondering how he could afford it, but missed the big "We WERE lied too" post.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

Actually, according to Laura Jane Grace, transitioning doesn’t usually raise the voice, although there are procedures that can be done. I suppose it might also depend on the age of transitioning. Regardless the Dugggars would never chance it. 

Once a boy's voice has deepened, it is deep forever and no amount of estrogen therapy would change it.  That's why there is currently a debate in the trans community as to when to begin hormone therapy for young males transitioning to female.  If you wait until puberty has occurred, the individual will always have a deeper voice which will make it harder to transition smoothly, but, yet, there are those who worry that a prepubescent child may not be mature enough to make a decision that will affect the rest of their life.

Anyway, I've never heard about using birth control pills for acne in boys,  considering the amount of androgens (testosterone) produced by a teenaged male, I don't think the pill would be enough to override it and its the androgens that trigger the acne.

In any event, I think Tim just needs a decent routine with antibacterial soap and a good acne med.  ProActiv is a good one.  From what we've seen, a lot of these fundie kids eat a lot of fatty processed foods which do appear to contribute to acne, so switching to more fresh fruits and vegetables and limiting processed junk would probably help too.

I, too, find it very unnerving that Tim's brows are so dark while his hair is so light.  The first time I saw him, I thought it might be a dye job.  All of those kids have weirdly sallow complexions too which doesn't help.  It may be diet but could also be the combo of David's olive skin with Jill's pale complexion.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Broken Ox said:

Wait, what? I remember us wondering how he could afford it, but missed the big "We WERE lied too" post.

Yes, Jill publicly posted that poor widdle Timmy's dreams were shattered when they discovered that the aviation program at Moody had a graduated tuition system and that, as Tim advanced through the program and got more and more training with aircraft, his tuition would rise accordingly to accommodate the extra expense.   Jill, of course, insisted that they sat down with the administration there and were given a fixed price for the whole 4 or 5 years it would take and never were told that Tim's tuition would rise as he advanced through the course.

The only problem with that, of course, is that Moody Aviation has a very nice website complete with multiple charts and explanations as to the costs involved in the various training programs and it very clearly lists the tuition required at each level.  The website is public and anyone can read it, which makes it pretty obvious that it wasn't Moody doing the lying.  In fact, someone tipped off the administration about Jill's badmouthing of their program and actually responded by demonstrating that ANYONE ANYWHERE can read the price per year right there on the website and JRod and family were given exactly that information when Tim enrolled.

Of course, as we know, Jill was homeschooled by her fundie parents and, based on her writing skills, is barely literate.  However, Jesus doesn't like liars and Jill is a big fat one.  Based on Jill's general griftiness, I think she decided that, if she claimed they'd been mislead and that Moody was at fault for their misunderstanding, the school might cave and Timmy wouldn't have to pay more each year unlike everyone else.  

I also think that Tim most likely didn't do well and perhaps was going to need to repeat his first year which would only cost even more and Jill hope to shame Moody into either waiving the tuition for the retake of his classes or even readmit him if he flunked out while giving her an excuse if Tim wasn't reinstated.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Or Moody might give Tim a free ride.  In Jill’s world when she prays lord gives her free $ and stuff.

Oh absolutely!  After all, Jill saw no irony in begging for money to help Tim finish out the school year just weeks after bragging that he'd sent her flowers and a card and a teddy bear that he'd paid for out of his school money.

• Love 8

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Jill was expecting a free ride for her Speshul Snowflake. After all, this woman has grifted cars and apparently their house. She met her match in Moody. As @doodlebug noted, all the tuition information is clearly spelled out on their website. They don't offer scholarships. Wanna bet that Tim never filled out a FAFSA? That would require reporting his parents' income. Good luck with that!

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
31 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

About Timothy and his dark eyebrows...I went to elementary school with a girl with very blonde hair and very dark eyebrows.  All of it was natural, no hair dye involved.

I have family with that look, too, and it is natural. They've looked that way since childhood.

For that reason, I've never really thought too much about the mismatch between his eyebrows and his hair color. I always just assumed it was natural. 

• Love 4
On 8/16/2019 at 11:41 AM, galaxychaser said:

Maybe she meant 15 apples? Plexus probably muddled her brain.

Timothys eyebrows don’t match the weird yellow hair at all.

I was going to mention the hair and eyebrows 

Why on earth is he dying his hair? That seems so weird for a fundie male

• Love 1