Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

So, apparently Debi Pearl wrote another "book," and Jill is thrilled that she will feature Janessa's miraculous recovery. She thinks it will sell a MILLION copies. 

I think I want to miss out on that deal. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

So, apparently Debi Pearl wrote another "book," and Jill is thrilled that she will feature Janessa's miraculous recovery. She thinks it will sell a MILLION copies. 

Debi Pearl wrote a book on neuroplasticity?? After writing parenting books basically teaching parents to shut down their kids' brains?!

You can't make this shit up.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 5
  • Love 16

Duggar friend, Kristen Young, made a blog post and talked about her husband being an alcoholic. I really don't know why these people who have been married 2 seconds give marriage advice and constantly post pictures of their perfect life when they have all these skeletons in the closet. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Debi Pearl wrote a book a neuroplasticity?? After writing parenting books basically teaching parents to shut down their kids' brains?!

Oh, not to worry, Debi not only writes about neuroplasticity; she instructs 'Mamas' in how to use neuroplasticity to cure their kids of autism, ADHD and brain damage.  Ain't that great!  A do it yourself at home manual on fixing your kid's brain.  BTW, Debi is not a college graduate and, as far as I know, has absolutely no training or experience in working with children with the neurologic disabilities she writes about.  I suspect 'neuroplasticity' is going to become the new fundie buzzword for blanket training.

6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Debi Pearl wrote a book a neuroplasticity?? After writing parenting books basically teaching parents to shut down their kids' brains?!

I study neuroplasticity If I read this, I’m pretty sure my brain would explode. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Oh, not to worry, Debi not only writes about neuroplasticity; she instructs 'Mamas' in how to use neuroplasticity to cure their kids of autism, ADHD and brain damage.  Ain't that great!  A do it yourself at home manual on fixing your kid's brain.  BTW, Debi is not a college graduate and, as far as I know, has absolutely no training or experience in working with children with the neurologic disabilities she writes about.  I suspect 'neuroplasticity' is going to become the new fundie buzzword for blanket training.

So when the parents accidentally hit their babies too hard and cause brain damage they now can buy another Pearl book to fix it again ?

Edited by lianau
3 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

What’s the story of the kid’s brain? 

One of JillR's ultra sounds showed possible signs of damage to Janessa's brain. Nothing definitive. The baby was born with no signs of damage.

JillR has been very vague if any testing was done on Janessa since she was born. I'm guessing she's had tests that proved the in utero diagnosis to be incorrect. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

I wonder if Jill even knows what neuroplasticity means. (Or how to pronounce it!) 

First thing I thought when I read it.

I only know of the word because it is a favorite of Dr Phil's. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Saw a FB post from Jill in another FB group. She has put her house up for sale. 4BR/3BA, asking $180,000. I wonder where they plan to move?

What? You’re talking about the Rodrigueses?? Where in the world will they move, and why???

omg, probably to Florida to follow Nurie 🥺

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Saw a FB post from Jill in another FB group. She has put her house up for sale. 4BR/3BA, asking $180,000. I wonder where they plan to move?

I don’t see a listing. Are they trying to sell it privately?

Imagine that tour?

• LOL 2
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yup, it was a JRod posting, complete with randomly capitalized words. Who the hell would buy a house off FB?

This is very interesting- sounds like they’re in a financial pinch , or worse

• Love 2

Does anyone live near JRod that can pretend they are interested in their house to go look at it? Just make sure you wear a pink pussy hat, anything rainbow, a nasty woman/BLM/Pro-choice/Human rights/Women's rights shirt, or anything else that would make Jill's head explode. 😉

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That appears to be exactly what they're doing. She did mention 3 FULL BA, outbuildings, and that they're 5 minutes from town. No square footage or acerage noted.

I’m so nosy! Did she post any pictures? Just curious if it’s still furnished, or empty.

• Love 2

That's odd that JillR is selling. I thought her parents and her SEVERELY injured sister just moved nearby.

They must be hurting for money. Mobile homes in FL run pretty cheap. Maybe they will move there.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m so nosy! Did she post any pictures? Just curious if it’s still furnished, or empty.

Just exterior pics that I saw. There might have been interior pics, but they weren't screenshot. I too am dying to know if they're living in the RV?

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Just exterior pics that I saw. There might have been interior pics, but they weren't screenshot. I too am dying to know if they're living in the RV?

Saw the listing she put up. On marketplace it shows the location as “approximate”. She needs help with pictures, and location for sure.

Still furnished, very cluttered. She states they  are moving because their “printing ministry is growing SO fast”.

4DC24F8F-4D10-4458-B54A-4FE8FDF7D445.jpeg

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oshkosh, WI? Did Timothy help with her ad? That's just weird.

Apparently Tim is also selling his car for scrap because of something with the transmission. He's in WI for flight school. He shares (or uses) the family Facebook page and they didn't switch the location before putting up the listing for the house.

Is it just me or does buying a house via Facebook Marketplace sound super sketch?

Edited by McManda
  • Love 9

I'm guessing the Rods have 2 main reasons for trying to sell their house on Facebook Marketplace-- no realtor fees, and the can control who they let in the house and eventually sell it to.  If they list traditionally,  then the home may be shown to a gay couple for example.  I don't think Jill could handle that.

• Love 3

Yeah...so I’m thinking they are following Nurie for sure. I’ve thought from the start that this “courtship” is really an agreement between Pa Keller and Of Jill.  What better way to grow a “printing ministry” than to hitch it to Pa Keller’s inmate god-bothering brigade?  So yeah, pawn off Nurie, build a printing for Jesus empire, and live life swimming in the ocean in jean skirts!  

• LOL 5
  • Love 11

I can imagine them following Nathan and Nurie, expecting Nathan to buy them a big ole house in Florida just like his folks’. Even if they have to share the house with Nathan and Nurie, it’d still be a step up from what they have now. And I’m sure she’ll expect his family to help out with money. After all, they’ll be part of the Keller family now. Can’t have part of the family living in poverty now, can we?  Nice that they have this house to sell that they got for free. It’ll all be profit for them. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

I can imagine them following Nathan and Nurie, expecting Nathan to buy them a big ole house in Florida just like his folks’. Even if they have to share the house with Nathan and Nurie, it’d still be a step up from what they have now. And I’m sure she’ll expect his family to help out with money. After all, they’ll be part of the Keller family now. Can’t have part of the family living in poverty now, can we?  Nice that they have this house to sell that they got for free. It’ll all be profit for them. 

Except the Kellers raised 8 or so kids in a double wide mobile home. A home they still live in. I'm guessing JillR makes more with grifting than Pa Keller makes with his prison ministry.

• Love 11

Property taxes in W Virginia are very low. Probably less than $100 a month for the Rod house. If they can't afford that, plus utilities, they're going to find it hard to live any where.

I find it hard to believe the printing "business" has grown to the point of needing more space. And if it actually has grown, then expand the garage.

I guess the RV is less crowded now with the oldest boy gone and Nuri getting ready to be married, but paying to rent a space for the printing equipment is going to run more than $100 a month.

They're probably preying on another old couple with a bigger space, to get their house when they die.

• Love 4

I would think the printing business is on its way out in this day & age, not getting better.  Maybe they bought out another huge tract printing business. (Just kidding)   I'm going with a move to Florida.  

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oshkosh, WI? Did Timothy help with her ad? That's just weird.

WI?  I thought they lived in West Virginia or a state in that region of the country.

ETA:  NM.  I just saw the previous post.

Edited by farmgal4
Added an edit.
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Did they grift the house, too? I don't remember how they got it.

That's the rumor.  There are different versions of the story.  One is that Jill's parents owned it and gave it to them.  Another is that they befriended an old lady who was like-minded in her beliefs and she gave it to them for their 'ministry'.  However, from Jill's own blog posts, we know they were homeless and living in the RV when somehow, a beautiful home just fell into their laps because Jesus loves them best.  It was pretty clear that JRod and hubby didn't pay for it; which means it was grifted from someone somewhere.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 3

Yes,I'm guessing the move will enable the grifting.I do hope Nurie n Nathan get their own place, though.

Does anyone have a link to the house they're selling? I couldn't find it on fb marketplace.Thx

I'm guessing Jill is hoping to get the other Keller boy for Kaylee or Renee.By staying close by,her odds at getting a Duggar boy for them may increase as well? I'm guessing Jill sees it this way

• Love 7
On 8/9/2019 at 9:15 PM, heckkitty said:

I study neuroplasticity If I read this, I’m pretty sure my brain would explode. 

I suppose that would demonstrate that your neuroplasticity consisted of plastic explosives. 

Sometimes I wish I were one of the lucky millions who don't even know any of these deranged arrogant grifters exist. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5