Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

I’m sure Jill is hoping for a rock the size of Gibraltar for Nurie. Which Nurie will then trade for her mama’s ring, the way we’ll trainef girls do. And our Jill will be so shocked and awed when Nurie makes thi as request. And “Nurie” will claim online that she did this because her parents have the most loving and awesome marriage in the history of marriage, and she hopes by wearing her mana’s ring that that will make her marriage halfway as awesome. 

Jill upgraded her own rock a couple of years ago. Of course it's CZ, no way she could afford the real deal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

I don't think Nathan has the option to RUN screaming. Smile

I think that's the reason for the millions of awkwardly staged courtship pics . To make sure Nathan doesn't back out now.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I wonder if the Rods have realized yet they're on the hook for the cost of the wedding. I'm sure tens of thousands of people will want to be there to celebrate Nurie Jill.  

Gotofundmywedding

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Gotofundmywedding

The Rods may have worn that source out already. The should ask a kind farmer to use his cow pasture, have the ceremony there, and then serve paper cups of fresh milk. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

How is it even remotely possible that Tim is an actual pilot already?   Jill is ridiculous 

Sorry, but I so DO NOT believe he is an OFFICIAL PILOT for, you know, Jesus. I do not think he worked LONG HARD hours. I would not trust him to deliver a PIZZA to me. 

JMHO. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 21

@GeeGolly, I'm afraid St. Joesph of Cupertino works for a different God than the one the Rodriguii believe in.  /s

I won't fly in small aircraft. I don't even fly on regional commercial airlines if I can help it. I watch Air Disasters faithfully, so I know hundreds of ways a plane can be in trouble. 

Doesn't Timothy have to take some regular community college courses now as well, in science, and writing, and stuff? That might end up a bigger challenge than getting up in the air and back down in one piece. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

ETA: and, OF COURSE, Jill thinks 40 hours of training to become a private pilot is LONG AND HARD.  She's got no idea what life is like for people in the real world with real jobs and real training.

Long and hard = worked at all in Jill’s world. 

• Love 11

So they basically grifted Tim's flight instruction. I was hoping he paid the guy *something* but then I realized he needed a job just for rent, food, gas, etc.

That is, unless he lived with his instructor, and he covered rent and food. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

So they basically grifted Tim's flight instruction. I was hoping he paid the guy *something* but then I realized he needed a job just for rent, food, gas, etc.

That is, unless he lived with his instructor, and he covered rent and food. 

This segment of society has an economy separate from the rest of us. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the instructor was a fundy and saw it as an honor or responsibility to train a Gothardist. I also wouldn't be surprised if Tim had to provide work for the guy i.e household maintenance and the like. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

How is it even remotely possible that Tim is an actual pilot already?   Jill is ridiculous 

Someone gave me a free lesson in a Cessna for a Christmas present once. I didn’t get to touch the throttle, but I got to take off, do rolls etc. I could’ve landed but I declined due to my vomit. I sat in the left seat, and I didn’t have to do any form of education. That picture proves nothing!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Jill and David sure are raising their kids to be entitled brats.Education? Grift it.Wrecked the car? Grift another one.No personal responsibility at all.

And no way Nurie isn't going to expect a ton of wedding gifts,and a big,paid for wedding,from someone other than her parents.And she will probably get it.

It would be interesting to see the tracts.I'm guessing they were more a grifting opportunity than anything else.Please support our ministry!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, sondraK said:

Jill and David sure are raising their kids to be entitled brats.Education? Grift it.Wrecked the car? Grift another one.No personal responsibility at all.

And no way Nurie isn't going to expect a ton of wedding gifts,and a big,paid for wedding,from someone other than her parents.And she will probably get it.

It would be interesting to see the tracts.I'm guessing they were more a grifting opportunity than anything else.Please support our ministry!

And like we've said before, the people that will be sending Nurie wedding gifts probably can't afford to be doing so.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, stuffstuff said:

This segment of society has an economy separate from the rest of us. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the instructor was a fundy and saw it as an honor or responsibility to train a Gothardist. I also wouldn't be surprised if Tim had to provide work for the guy i.e household maintenance and the like. 

Are the Rods Gothardist? I've never seen any evidence of a direct connection to the Gothard organization. They're just straight up IFB with a heaping side of crazy and lazy.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, kokapetl said:

The Duggars should look into getting a restraining order. 

Were I John David, I’d get in the plane and stay airborne for a few months so Timothy couldn’t find me. By sheer force of gritting will Jill will have him working at Duggar Aviation by the end of the year. 

8 hours ago, sondraK said:

I know there such a thing as wedding crashers, but is there such a thing as wedding hijacking? They may just wait till the next high profile fundie wedding,  stash the bride and groom in a closet somewhere, and substitute in Nurie.

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I know there such a thing as wedding crashers, but is there such a thing as wedding hijacking?

Wasn’t that part of the plot of Mamma Mia?  Done with the bride and groom’s consent, but still - a different couple ended up getting married. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Barb23 said:

And like we've said before, the people that will be sending Nurie wedding gifts probably can't afford to be doing so.

I'm not so sure that's true. Just because Jill and David don't have money, doesn't mean all of their friends are as poor as they are. Since Nurie is marrying Anna's brother-in-law, I'm sure the Duggars will send something. (They have donated to the Rods go fund me pages in the past.)

Also weddings present opportunities for fundies to network and meet other fundies, so the price of a gift and travel may be worth it to them. 

14 hours ago, kokapetl said:

The Duggars should look into getting a restraining order. 

The Duggars haven't seen stage 5 clinger YET. Smile again. Once Jill's precious, virtuous, submissive and meek daughter becomes almost a Duggar, Jill will be at every Duggar event posing for pictures like a Christian martyr winning the prize. 

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
On 8/1/2019 at 8:04 PM, DkNNy79 said:

That would be quite a scandal wouldn't it since the courtship was officially announced.  I'm sorry but anyone can smell the crazy off the Rodrigues from miles away.  The Kellers had to have known what they were getting into.

The Keller’s couldn’t give a damn about their kids look at Anna, any parent who willing hands over their daughter to someone who admitted he molested his siblings is sick, how they didn’t run then and tell Josh to do one well never know , Oh wait Josh and his family have money and a tv show? Go ahead you can have my daughter, all the Keller’s saw were dollar signs. They probably thought Josh would buy them a house or JB would give them one, maybe they too could get their own tv show as well. 

• Love 9

Jill's grifting opportunities will definitely go up with a Duggar connection.The first invites will go to the whole Duggar clan.

I think only the female is allowed to cancel the courtship.But no way would Nurie be able to get out of this now,even if she wanted to.Mama said so! 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I think that is probably the case.  It takes 40 hours to get a private license, Tim could've gotten that without a whole lot of trouble, especially, if, as we suspect, the guy in Wisconsin didn't charge him for the time.

Now, to get any sort of commercial license, which I presume he needs to drop leaflets on unsuspecting heathens, he will need 250 hours as a minimum.  I would hope Wisconsin pilot guy isn't dumb enough to provide him with that much time for free.

ETA: and, OF COURSE, Jill thinks 40 hours of training to become a private pilot is LONG AND HARD.  She's got no idea what life is like for people in the real world with real jobs and real training.

If he drops any leaflets on me, I'll correct all the spelling and grammatical errors, and send them back with a copy of The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. After we snark on them. 

2 hours ago, Temperance said:

I'm not so sure that's true. Just because Jill and David don't have money, doesn't mean all of their friends are as poor as they are. Since Nurie is marrying Anna's brother-in-law, I'm sure the Duggars will send something. (They have donated to the Rods go fund me pages in the past.)

Also weddings present opportunities for fundies to network and meet other fundies, so the price of a gift and travel may be worth it to them. 

Anna's brother, Smuggar's in-law. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Puffin said:

The Keller’s couldn’t give a damn about their kids look at Anna, any parent who willing hands over their daughter to someone who admitted he molested his siblings is sick, how they didn’t run then and tell Josh to do one well never know , Oh wait Josh and his family have money and a tv show? Go ahead you can have my daughter, all the Keller’s saw were dollar signs. They probably thought Josh would buy them a house or JB would give them one, maybe they too could get their own tv show as well. 

True, but the Kellers also have a couple of kids who've managed to break away from the cult.  I agree that Ma and Pa Keller don't care that the Rodriguii are lazy grifters, they just care about the fundie veneer they show to the world.  I'm just kinda hoping that Nathan. now that he's gotten a taste of the extra special brand of crazy that Nurie's family brings to the table; has been awakened from his cult coma and is ready to make a break for it and get as much distance between himself and that ship of fools as possible.

• Love 6

The first leaflets Tim drops will likely be more grifting opportunities for Jill and David.Jesus saves,and please support our ministry! No wonder Jill is anxious to get him in the air

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

True, but the Kellers also have a couple of kids who've managed to break away from the cult.  I agree that Ma and Pa Keller don't care that the Rodriguii are lazy grifters, they just care about the fundie veneer they show to the world.  I'm just kinda hoping that Nathan. now that he's gotten a taste of the extra special brand of crazy that Nurie's family brings to the table; has been awakened from his cult coma and is ready to make a break for it and get as much distance between himself and that ship of fools as possible.

Here's hoping he takes Nurie with him.  She gets the best of both worlds--out of the cult but she is following her headship so her siblings don't have to disown her.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I’m doubting it. With the opportunity to finally get laid in his near future, I doubt either will back out now. Regrets will come later, a la the Dullards. 

• Love 13
On 8/1/2019 at 7:30 PM, tabloidlover said:

With those headphones on, he looks a lot like his father. OK. I'm off to the prayer closet to spend the night. 

• LOL 6
On 8/2/2019 at 1:59 PM, Temperance said:

With all the wedding presents that the Duggar marrieds have gotten but don't seem to use I am sure they have something laying around.  

Edited by Natalie68
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

I'm wary with the proliferation of "pilot" being an acceptable profession for fundie boys now. I'm thinking we're eventually going to see a mass casualty event sooner than later.

Deny them an actual education but let them fly a small plane to cart their mega families around. Ok!

• Love 23
30 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I'm wary with the proliferation of "pilot" being an acceptable profession for fundie boys now. I'm thinking we're eventually going to see a mass casualty event sooner than later.

Deny them an actual education but let them fly a small plane to cart their mega families around. Ok!

Pretty close to "flying blind". 

Quick push that blue button, the one that says, oxsillyairy power. I don't know what oxen have to do with silly air, but quick, push it!

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Jesus take the parachute ?

• LOL 17

For any M.A.S.H. fans out there, Timothy is going to be the new Five O'Clock Charlie.  Just dumping his propaganda shit all over unsuspecting heathens.  We'll start the ante at the same amount the paper is worth-$.01.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, sixlets said:

For any M.A.S.H. fans out there, Timothy is going to be the new Five O'Clock Charlie.  Just dumping his propaganda shit all over unsuspecting heathens.  We'll start the ante at the same amount the paper is worth-$.01.

I think we’re all just hoping he doesn’t pull a Henry Blake. 

• Love 9
On 8/1/2019 at 9:35 PM, doodlebug said:

I think that is probably the case.  It takes 40 hours to get a private license, Tim could've gotten that without a whole lot of trouble, especially, if, as we suspect, the guy in Wisconsin didn't charge him for the time.

Now, to get any sort of commercial license, which I presume he needs to drop leaflets on unsuspecting heathens, he will need 250 hours as a minimum.  I would hope Wisconsin pilot guy isn't dumb enough to provide him with that much time for free.

Yes, Jill doesn't understand school, as we've all seen amply; so she'll take any embarrassingly foolish chance to say "See!  See!  He didn't need seven years of schooling after all!"; because to Jill, it's the same thing.  I'm surprised she didn't hashtag Moody Aviation on that post as a nose-thumb.  My therapist has a private pilot's license she earned in high school.  Granted she's a fine therapist, but I don't necessarily think that translates to enormous natural aptitude at flying...

On 8/2/2019 at 5:28 PM, Puffin said:

Don't forget, we were recently reminded that Pa Keller said (or it was said about him by a third party), on-camera, that Josh would have him to answer for if he mistreated Anna. 

So, how'd that work out for you, Anna?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Barb23 said:

In her mind, Jill thinks Tim being able to fly a plane is comparable to graduating from the Air Force Academy or Naval flight school being able to fly fighter jets.

When, in fact, many, many high school kids get their hours in and are qualified to fly just like Timmy, well before they even get their driver's license.

I've got a friend whose son always loves aviation, wanted to be a pilot since grade school.  When he was in high school, he got a job cleaning planes for a private company that leased them to different clients.  In return, he took part of his pay as hours of flight instruction from the owner of the business who was qualified to instruct.  He got his pilot's license as soon as he turned 16, no problem.  Got his driver's license months later.  He is color-blind which disqualified him from the military which is where most commercial pilots get their start.  He attended a university with a good commercial aviation program and learned to fly jets.  He got a job with a regional airline right out of college and now pilots for one of the major carriers.  That is how someone who really loves planes and wants to fly them for a living does it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 17