Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Some of those photos are creepy -- Kelly's melted clown face, Gil's disembodied head, to name two. 

ROFL.That sounds like something out of a horror movie

• Love 3

They do look young, but so did my husband and I when we first reproduced in our mid twenties.  That fresh faced look doesn't last forever.  My grandson looked at our wedding photos and said, "That's you?  It doesn't look like you!"  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, BetyBee said:

They do look young, but so did my husband and I when we first reproduced in our mid twenties.  That fresh faced look doesn't last forever.  My grandson looked at our wedding photos and said, "That's you?  It doesn't look like you!"  

These two aren't both in their mid 20's though.  As noted above, Josie is still a teen and Kelton is 24.

Edited by doodlebug
Didn't realize Kelton just had a birthday
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Puffin said:

Gosh these two could have 19 kids or more 😮

I believe Josie had her first even faster than her sister Alyssa did -- nine months v. eleven or so. So much for Josie having a career or life of her own. Why did she even waste spend her time and someone else's money on getting a cosmetology degree? 

This depresses the shit out of me. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Rodriguez posted a signing video. Jill is in the middle looking like a raccoon with dentures singing about Jesus. 

You shouldn’t be alone with this 🤣

• LOL 7

The girls look like they are trying to smile, be sweet and be extremely enthusiastic while singing. Looks painful. Who is the daughter in the red with the overly emphasized larger than life mouth?

I grew up in a conservative Christian church and to be honest, this looks like what I sat through every third Monday night (sing night). It wasn’t the worst I have ever heard. 

Why does everything have to be so severe? Clothes, hair, makeup, mannerisms?

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

The kids look like they want to run away and escape! And too skinny 😫😫😫😫

They've been on the road in the RV, doing hot tent revivals, for over a month now.  Jill has bragged multiple times how extremely well-fed they are.  The kids have never felt so full.

Edited to add that the church ladies have been feeding the huge Rod family.  I've listened to their videos and most are truly awful!

Edited by louannems
On 7/20/2019 at 7:38 PM, irisheyes said:

Good lord.  The last thing I wanted when I was in labor was someone taking pictures!  

If someone had tried to take pictures of me when I was in labor, I would have hurled their camera at their face.

It is sweet to see the husbands being supportive of their wives during labor. Mine fell asleep, then when he woke up he turned the heat in the room up to 75 because he was cold. When I complained I was hot, he said “why? All you’re doing is lying there.” (No, he’s not normally an asshole.)

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

In a post on Josie's Instagram she thanked someone for taking pictures. It appears she hired someone.

Kelly or whoever wrote the post tagged Tarynager Photography at the end.  I wonder if they are the official photographers of the Bateses or if Josie & Kelton found them.  Either way, I don't think the pictures turned out that great. Hoping they didn't have to pay a lot for them. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

You shouldn’t be alone with this 🤣

The boys look positively mortified.  They are all nice looking kids.  The hair, makeup and styling makes them look bizarre.  These four don't look unhealthy skinny to me.  It's the dark circles, sunken eyes and complexion that looks unhealthy.  

• Love 8

CPS showed up at the Rod home, according to Jill, and someone also called police on them in Florida about the kids. She posted a long diatribe about the kids being naturally thin and well-fed, and about having multiple visits from CPS over the years that have cleared them of abuse or neglect. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

CPS showed up at the Rod home, according to Jill, and someone also called police on them in Florida about the kids. She posted a long diatribe about the kids being naturally thin and well-fed, and about having multiple visits from CPS over the years that have cleared them of abuse or neglect. 

I’m not buying it. Neither Jill nor David have the body type of a naturally thin person, so I don’t see where the kids would have gotten it from. Plus they just don’t look like healthy, naturally thin children. 

• Love 9
On 7/19/2019 at 9:19 AM, libgirl2 said:

How sad that they are so pro-life yet opposed to adoption. What do they think would happen to unwanted babies?? 

Hypocritical af.  These fundie assholes make me sick.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Wow.  She is a very pretty girl (the mom).  Not a fan of the middle name because it would sound better being Kristine but whatevs.  

It's after his mother, who died in childbirth. Whatevs. 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

The only one who is well fed is David.

Jill is also well-nourished.  She’s not overweight, but she looks like she has plenty to eat.

The video of them singing is absolutely horrible.  One or more of them was off-key throughout  the entire song.  Pretty sure one of them was Kaylee.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

Yeah, ok. Thank you Jenelle Eason.

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I’m not buying it. Neither Jill nor David have the body type of a naturally thin person, so I don’t see where the kids would have gotten it from. Plus they just don’t look like healthy, naturally thin children. 

Even if somewhere in their family there is someone with a naturally very thin body type, it seems virtually impossible that all 13 of those kids inherited that instead of Jill's more medium build or David's tendency towards obesity.

I'd love to hear what exactly was reported to the CPS in Florida and by whom.  Would also love to see the social services report.  None of it is any of my business, of course, but I'd love to see a social services professional's take on this bunch.

Their singing is mediocre at best.  I have no idea why any church would pay them to come and sing.  Surely there are much better options out there.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Even if somewhere in their family there is someone with a naturally very thin body type, it seems virtually impossible that all 13 of those kids inherited that instead of Jill's more medium build or David's tendency towards obesity.

I'd love to hear what exactly was reported to the CPS in Florida and by whom.  Would also love to see the social services report.  None of it is any of my business, of course, but I'd love to see a social services professional's take on this bunch.

Their singing is mediocre at best.  I have no idea why any church would pay them to come and sing.  Surely there are much better options out there.

Pity. Maybe those churches figure they can at least show the children some kindness and a full meal. 

• Love 13

My nephew has a naturally rangy build, but even when he was a kid, he never looked sickly. He had healthy color and plenty of energy. The Rod kids look like they'd snap in half if the wind hit them. They're definitely malnourished.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

Starvation is a natural state, just not a healthy one.

• Love 5
(edited)

76D6F8FB-E601-4489-B14F-8FAF5BA960FC.jpeg

5BFBBA01-E8EA-4F4F-AEEE-701569E70EBE.jpeg

10B5A967-F6F8-4723-BB55-61971C20B874.jpeg

8250AB2B-EA37-4BDF-82BE-105B28E95E17.jpeg

B00018E4-F825-43A1-BADE-34F32329AE1B.jpeg

5 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

When was this?

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1
(edited)

I was just coming here to mention this. The CPS home visit couldn't have been recent; Timothy hasn't lived at home for almost a year. He apparently answered the door.

No clue when the RV visit happened either, other than it was during a stay in FL. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

Didn't the oldest boy pick his grandfather for his birthday date? And now this one picks his brother.

Wake up JillR, your poor kids don't have any friends.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3

Wait, the blonde Rod boy is 16 year old Philip? And the darker haired boy is 15 year old Samuel? Philip looks like he's younger than Samuel.

And Samuel is a pretty conventionally attractive kid, and especially for a Rod kid. He actually looks like he's not so malnourished.

• Love 8

Anna Duggar's oldest sister Esther Shrader is pregnant with #12. She and her husband are missionaries in Africa and he writes poetry.  

Esther Keller Shrader is the oldest of the 8 Keller kids. Then it's Rebekah and Daniel (who are not fundie), Priscilla Waller (married to David), Anna Duggar, (married to Josh), Suze (not fundie), Nathan (courting Nurie), and David. 

• Love 1