Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Portia said:

Doofus Jill meant couture. Apparently Chalk Couture is a crafty thing, but I prefer Jill's misspelling because in my mind courture rhymes with torture. 

There are a couple of sites that spell it that way in their title. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Portia said:

Doofus Jill meant couture. Apparently Chalk Couture is a crafty thing, but I prefer Jill's misspelling because in my mind courture rhymes with torture. 

It is.  It's one of those home selling party things like Stella and Dot or Signature Homestyles that fundies seem to love.  This one has a lot of Joanna Gaines' style signs for those who need their rooms labeled.  Also, lots of 'encouragement' and declaring one's faith, etc. The victim purchases a kit and makes their own signs/throw pillows, etc.

I have an otherwise sane friend, a nurse, who is deep into this stuff and is constantly plugging it and inviting all of us on Facebook with her to come to a party to buy stuff.  She even went to the national convention of Chalk Couture sales people.  It seems to be kind of addictive for some.

As  for Jill, I am sure she didn't spend a dime but managed to grift a meal and more stuff to hang on walls for free.  Mama don't pay for nothin'.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Is Marcy Martin Warner (in the above photos) trying a Farrah Fawcett 1970’s hairdo complete with side wings? 

...... and failing spectacularly.... 🙄

Trying?  She has had it since the 70s.  HA!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

What is that last picture? Some kind of souvenir gone wrong? David looks like someone partially shaved his hand, and Sofia appears to be praying for new parents (which I don't blame her for in the least)...

Oh my word. I didn't click all the way through to see that one, but that is positively unnerving looking!

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Luvmy300zx said:

Somebody please feed that poor child and get her outdoors in some fresh air and sunshine.

The Chuck E Cheeses in my area all have buffets. I hope to God little Sophia filled up.

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

What is that last picture? Some kind of souvenir gone wrong? David looks like someone partially shaved his hand, and Sofia appears to be praying for new parents (which I don't blame her for in the least)...

It is from a photo booth that renders the photo as a pencil line drawing. 

I have a few of these from my kids' elementary school years.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

That little girl looks positively malnourished. I’m surprised those kids don’t have rickets! 

I think she actually looks pretty healthy in comparison to her older siblings. Maybe the Rodriguii (except for Ottis Toole Rodrigues and Jill) start "fasting for Jesus" only when they turn six years old. 

I'm mildly surprised that the Rodriguii expose their kids to such secular f*n things as Chuck E. Cheese. Sofia looks tickled to be hugging Chuck E. I can't see some fundie families (I'm looking at you, Maxwells) taking their kids to have f*n at the Cheese. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I'm mildly surprised that the Rodriguii expose their kids to such secular f*n things as Chuck E. Cheese.

It looks like the only kid who got to go was Sofia. On the one hand, it was probably one of the few times in her life that she had both mom & dad's attention. On the other hand, it has to suck for the rest of the kids who had to stay in the stink-bus eating ramen while those three got to go play at Chuck E. Cheeses. I'm with @galaxychaser in believing that the only reason they splurged for CEC is because someone gave them a gift card.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I think she actually looks pretty healthy in comparison to her older siblings. Maybe the Rodriguii (except for Ottis Toole Rodrigues and Jill) start "fasting for Jesus" only when they turn six years old. 

I'm mildly surprised that the Rodriguii expose their kids to such secular f*n things as Chuck E. Cheese. Sofia looks tickled to be hugging Chuck E. I can't see some fundie families (I'm looking at you, Maxwells) taking their kids to have f*n at the Cheese. 

The Maxwells wouldn't be caught dead at a Chuck E Cheese. As you noted, in Poor Sarah passive voice vernacular, f*n might be had. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The Maxwells wouldn't be caught dead at a Chuck E Cheese. As you noted, in Poor Sarah passive voice vernacular, f*n might be had. 

And the blinds and ceiling fans must be cleaned by them. Not a moment can be wasted. 

• Love 1

So there was a birthday party at Chuckie Cheese for Sofia and only Jill, David and Sofia got to go? Wow, that’s just harsh. It’s free to get in! They could have taken all the younger kids and just let them play a game or two each. That would still be more fun than sitting at home listening to Nurie prattle on about her courtship. 

7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Even worse, they're captive in the RV. Jill said they're somewhere in PA all week.

I don't know -- the other kids might be happy to be away from their idiot parents even briefly. 

I wonder if someone gave SOFIA a gift card, and that's why Ottis and Jill took her. Otherwise, you know, birthday smirthday. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I think she actually looks pretty healthy in comparison to her older siblings. 

I'm not sure a comparison between Rod kids is the right comparison. 

The FundieSnark subreddit had a side-by-side of Sophia and Meredith Duggar. Both just turned 4 but the difference in the two is pretty stark. Sophia looks far more gaunt than Meredith, imo.

4fjfh2aodra31.jpg

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, McManda said:

The FundieSnark subreddit had a side-by-side of Sophia and Meredith Duggar. Both just turned 4 but the difference in the two is pretty stark. Sophia looks far more gaunt than Meredith, imo.

4fjfh2aodra31.jpg

I just went and looked at some pictures of my 4 year old niece, and Sofie really is gaunt compared to her.  Sofie doesn't have any of her baby fat left.  My neice is slimmer that Meredith,  but she still has some fat.  Sofie does not look healthy. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, McManda said:

4fjfh2aodra31.jpg

Point taken. I just don't see the gauntness of the older Rodrigues kids in Sofia (yet). She's small, yes, but so was I. I see dark circles, but David has them too so I think it's genetic.

(edited)

Damn that is one ugly man! 

Whats the Amy Foster story? 

My son hated to eat when he was 3-4. Dark circles, skinny. He looked like a starving orphan from Ethiopia. But when the rest of the family looks like that also, I doubt it’s just a thing with her. 

Anna is a jerk with a capital J, but he kids are always clean and well taken care of. 

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • Love 10
37 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Whats the Amy Foster story? 

Amy is Jill's sister and has a twin. She became quadriplegic in a car crash in which her husband was driving. IIRC, he fell asleep at the wheel. I remember that her survival was in doubt but not much about her recovery. Amy has a big family, I think seven kids, and Jill milks her sister's paralysis for everything it's worth. It's grotesque even by Jill Rodrigues standards. Jill must picture only a motorized wheelchair with dollar signs all over it when she thinks of Amy. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Don't forget the memorial service Jill had for Amy after the accident,even though she's still alive.And Jill said Angie is what Amy looked like when she could walk.And Jill took over part of the hospital Amy was in for her own baby shower,complete with a stroller fund.

Jill is so focused on her selfishness,she can't even see herself in the mirror

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 9

Josie B should be birthing her blessing any day now. Carlin has yet to announce a pregnancy. Does anyone know where Carlin and husband are living? Did they build on Grandma Jane's land?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Luvmy300zx said:

Poor little Sofia looks like one of those ghoul children in a horror movie.

Sofia stands out (hard to do in that family) to me because her skin looks almost jaundiced. How would the Rods know if any of the kids had a medical problem anyway? Do they get regular medical care? 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Normades said:

Poor Sofia, even her smile looks nervous and anxious, especially compared to Meredith's.

I doubt there's much sparing the rod going on in that family. These kids all come across as super submissive. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Heathen said:

Amy is Jill's sister and has a twin. She became quadriplegic in a car crash in which her husband was driving. IIRC, he fell asleep at the wheel. I remember that her survival was in doubt but not much about her recovery. Amy has a big family, I think seven kids, and Jill milks her sister's paralysis for everything it's worth. It's grotesque even by Jill Rodrigues standards. Jill must picture only a motorized wheelchair with dollar signs all over it when she thinks of Amy. 

That about sums it up except you forgot to say that Amy's neck was SEVERELY broken.  As opposed to those minor fractures of the neck that other people experience.  Jill manages to drop poor severely paralyzed Amy into the conversation on a regular basis, especially now since it appears baby Janessa is doing ok and she can't use her for grifting more stuff.

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Be grateful you don't have to have sex with him. I'm grateful for that. No matter what ugly stuff life throws at me, it doesn't lob David Rodrigues into my bed.  

I did some Googling and even ventured onto the Rodriguii blog, searching for info about Amy. One thing that struck me is that the other Noyes sisters' husbands are fairly good-looking in a dorky kind of way. David stands out like a cockroach on a wedding cake. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Be grateful you don't have to have sex with him. I'm grateful for that. No matter what ugly stuff life throws at me, it doesn't lob David Rodrigues into my bed.  

Jill probably lies back and thinks of Jesus.

• LOL 3

Jill throws stories out there hoping for something in return, and I don’t mean prayers. Everything is dramatic. Recall  the girl’s  car accident, they were gifted a vehicle, and her sister’s foot injury? Not a peep about the sister since May.  She must not have gotten anything from that.

This is an example of what Jill thinks is appropriate to post:

82815B6E-5C8A-4D67-AE98-6CD0DB0956AA.jpeg

• Love 4
(edited)
54 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Thank you for this.  Whatever challenge the Universe throws at me I'll thank my lucky stars it's not David Rodrigues.  

How old is Janessa now?  She seems to be doing well.  Another  pregnancy for Jill must be coming soon.

Edited by beagletime
spelling
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, beagletime said:

Thank you for this.  Whatever challenge the Universe throws at me I'll thank my lucky stars it's not David Rodrigues.  

How old is Janessa now?  She seems to be doing well.  Another  pregnancy for Jill must be coming soon.

Janessa turned 1 in April.  We can only hope that Jill's fertility is declining now that she's over 40.

6 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Janessa looks healthier than her siblings. 

As long as Jill breastfeeds Janessa, she will.  When she moves to solid foods only, then she will be as malnourished as the rest of her siblings.  

• Love 1

I did some Googling and even ventured onto the Rodriguii blog, searching for info about Amy. One thing that struck me is that the other Noyes sisters' husbands are fairly good-looking in a dorky kind of way. David stands out like a cockroach on a wedding cake. 

Someone posted their wedding picture a while back. He wasn't that bad looking. Sort of like Kody Brown. They did not age well. Well, Kody would not look bad if he cut that mess of hair he has. David would need more work.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I've seen their wedding picture.  He wasn't tooooo horrible then, but he seems to have grown into a cariture of himself.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4