Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m sorry if I’m repeating what may already be posted here, but Alyssa Bates has to have cardiac ablation done again.  From what I understand, she’ll be having it very soon after some testing this week.  I’m really concerned about her having more children.  She is very thin and just looks generally unwell to me.

Oh, wow. I hope Alyssa's going to be okay. I looked at her Instagram recently, and I agree she appears very frail. I noticed she's mentioned feeling tired and weak, and I wondered if she's been tested for Lyme disease. My mother experienced similar symptoms and tested positive for it. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3

I'm surprised Pa Keller didn't put some kind of conditions on this courtship. Maybe he did, or maybe that's not acceptable. For instance, toning down the makeup and hair because Nurie is going to be doing prison ministry with him and Nathan. Maybe something about wedding gifts, as was mentioned. Pa Keller had to have been in the driver's seat during this arranged marriage agreement. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Patricia07 said:

I'm surprised Pa Keller didn't put some kind of conditions on this courtship. Maybe he did, or maybe that's not acceptable. For instance, toning down the makeup and hair because Nurie is going to be doing prison ministry with him and Nathan. Maybe something about wedding gifts, as was mentioned. Pa Keller had to have been in the driver's seat during this arranged marriage agreement. 

I hope so. I think Jill has a very dominating personality, and brings a new dimension to "pushy." Pa Keller may not be used to dealing with such un-submissive females in his usual Gothard/fundie circles. I assume he stood his ground.

It would have been at hoot to be a mouse in the corner witnessing the parental negotiations for this pairing. Does anyone think Nurie's dad handled this all by himself (or at all) on behalf of the Rods? 🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Oh, wow. I hope Alyssa's going to be okay. I looked at her Instagram recently, and I agree she appears very frail. I noticed she's mentioned feeling tired and weak, and I wondered if she's been tested for Lyme disease. My mother experienced similar symptoms and tested positive for it. 

I’m pretty sure the heart problem is causing her to be weak and tired.  I know a man who had the same condition that Alyssa has, and he thought he was going to have to give up his job, because he felt so bad.  It took him a good long while to recover from the ablation, as well.  I don’t know how Alyssa is managing to do everything that needs to be done with 3 kids and a home to care for.  She must be completely exhausted.  Personally I think one of her older siblings should go stay with them and help out until she gets her health back.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m pretty sure the heart problem is causing her to be weak and tired.  I know a man who had the same condition that Alyssa has, and he thought he was going to have to give up his job, because he felt so bad.  It took him a good long while to recover from the ablation, as well.  I don’t know how Alyssa is managing to do everything that needs to be done with 3 kids and a home to care for.  She must be completely exhausted.  Personally I think one of her older siblings should go stay with them and help out until she gets her health back.

She may not want her siblings.  They come with children/drama/etc.  Except maybe Michael, but, she won't leave Brandon for a long period, I'm pretty sure.

• Love 7

Someone seems to always be around to take pictures of Alyssa and her girls, or she lugs around a tripod.

It's tough being the stay home parent with an illness. I hope this ablation works for her.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I hope so. I think Jill has a very dominating personality, and brings a new dimension to "pushy." Pa Keller may not be used to dealing with such un-submissive females in his usual Gothard/fundie circles. I assume he stood his ground.

It would have been at hoot to be a mouse in the corner witnessing the parental negotiations for this pairing. Does anyone think Nurie's dad handled this all by himself (or at all) on behalf of the Rods? 🤣

I suspect Jill handled it all,or at least had her say,if Pa Keller allowed it.She probably told David what she wanted.David seems very passive to me,like he just goes along with whatever Jill wants.We all know Jill wears the 'pants' in the family

• Love 6
7 hours ago, wilsie said:

Not Jill R, but she scolded young women and called them sluts for "immodest" dress, just like Jill R!

Same fake blonde hair, same heavy, greasy make-up, same raccoon eyes. As Elaine Stritch said "It's a look. It's not a good look, but it's a look."

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I don't know if this has been shared, but Sierra is having a boy! Sierra Jo Dominguez is having her 7th child a little after her 30th birthday. She currently has 4 boys and 2 girls plus the baby boy on the way. 

• Useful 3
13 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Same fake blonde hair, same heavy, greasy make-up, same raccoon eyes. As Elaine Stritch said "It's a look. It's not a good look, but it's a look."

I follow a black academic on Twitter who has a special disdain for blonde white women with just reasons.  Jill and this woman are the perfect personification of this.  

Wow, Jill is so pretty without the hair and makeup! Amazing to watch the decline as she did more and more. She would have made an awesome sorority girl in another life. Perky and cute. How’d she end up with such a dog of a husband? His flat out ugly. 

So I’m a newcomer - why are her kids so creepy skinny? I like the name Nurie. Until I heard it pronounced like Marie. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Wow, Jill is so pretty without the hair and makeup! Amazing to watch the decline as she did more and more. She would have made an awesome sorority girl in another life. Perky and cute. How’d she end up with such a dog of a husband? His flat out ugly. 

So I’m a newcomer - why are her kids so creepy skinny? I like the name Nurie. Until I heard it pronounced like Marie. 

Her kids are malnourished.   Jill's husband David is self-employed and does not make enough money to feed himself, his wife's ego, and his kids.  

• Love 4

She wound up with David because she prayed and saw a rainbow. Upon seeing the rainbow Jill decided that it was Gods sign she should pick David.

1 minute ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Omg, so no money to feed children? Have they ever had CPS intervention? Where do they live?

David is obese so he eats plenty. The older kids fast for Jesus. We think they fast so their little siblings have food.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Omg, so no money to feed children? Have they ever had CPS intervention? Where do they live?

They live in rural WV, where there are so many children in foster care due to the drug epidemic that the Rodriguez family is not of concern. Honestly, unless you e lived there long-term, it is hard to grasp the level of social dysfunction in those communities. We are in the third, fourth, and in some families fifth generation of drug abuse, poverty so ingrained they see no way out, epidemic levels of hoarding that is symptomatic of poverty and depression, and infrastructure so bad that schools that flooded three years ago were never repaired or replaced. 

When you live in an area known for having the highest overdose rate in the country, a family like this can easily pass for wholesome and healthy. They may be underweight and dress strangely and wear too much makeup,  but they are clean, not being injured or left alone while their parents get high, and they aren't at risk from drug paraphanlia being left around the home. CPS has much bigger problems.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Thanks for the information. I’d knock the food out of my husband’s hands if my kids were that thin. Bastards. 

This is a huge reason we despise the Rods so vehemently. The post about the kids not getting an extra chicken leg was heartbreaking. We all know who ended up with it, and it wasn't any of the kids.

• Love 7

David looks as if he's lost a few pounds (in this photo anyway). If so, I can't wait for Jill to show off her handsome hubby. Yuck. 

I wonder how you get a black eye in the printing business. Maybe someone doesn't appreciate getting David's smiley tracts instead of a tip. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Regarding the Rodrigues’, the most f’ed up part of all is that they’re “open” to having more kids!  I can’t remember how old JRod is, but she could probably have 2, 3 or 4 more kids before God “closes her womb”!  

(edited)
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

6 pictures:

Great!  It's mid-July and they live in West Virginia, but gotta cover up those slutty little girl legs with thick tights and put tee shirts under the cute summer dresses.  Wouldn't want to tempt the menfolk with the sight of toddler shins.

And, as per usual, JRod posts half a dozen shots, most of them poorly composed and/or blurred rather than putting up a single decent shot.  Most of those pictures should've been deleted.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 17
17 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

And, as per usual, JRod posts half a dozen shots, most of them poorly composed and/or blurred rather than putting up a single decent shot.  Most of those pictures should've been deleted.

Especially the one where the older one is practically choking the baby! 

• Love 10

Man, it would be nice if someone beat the shit out of him on basic principle, but I imagine if that had happened, we'd get an overly long, shrill story about his martyrdom, with trademark eccentric capitalization. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

Janessa is a cute baby. 

I’m surprised she’d post any pictures that reflect less than perfect behavior from her kids!  I really am surprised that she’d post them fussing and squabbling (like normal kids!)

im also surprised they pierce the girls’ ears. We were always taught “your body is the temple of the lord” and not to alter it in my fundamentalist sect. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

She’s admitted that Tessie is a servant by way of her terrible grammar.  🤦🏼‍♀️

I love that she took the time to Photoshop-whiten her and her kid's teeth but left old, ugly Shrek in the background looking like his left eye had been beaten with a bag of Bibles along with leaving his nasty, dark teeth.

19 hours ago, awaken said:

Janessa is a cute baby. 

I’m surprised she’d post any pictures that reflect less than perfect behavior from her kids!  I really am surprised that she’d post them fussing and squabbling (like normal kids!)

im also surprised they pierce the girls’ ears. We were always taught “your body is the temple of the lord” and not to alter it in my fundamentalist sect. 

I’m sure that Jill has managed to twist and turn a Bible verse to make the piercing A-okay in God’s eyes.

55 minutes ago, Wishing Well said:

As horrible as Jill looks, she obviously spends a lot of time trying to look nice, twisted as her definition of nice is.  It’s a shame her husband doesn’t reciprocate that with his appearance at ALL.

There’s NOTHING that could change that level of ugly.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

There's a Facebook group called 'That's it, I'm Wedding Shaming' which posts all sort of egregious and often funny stuff that happens at weddings.  JRod and family made it with a post about the recent wedding they attended where Nurie was a bridesmaid and wore a pink lace dress.  Apparently, Jill took pictures of Nurie and the bride and posted them all over the place well before the wedding, before the bride herself had posted photos of her gown.  She eventually took them down for a while, probably because someone saw them and told her she was a selfish hag with no manners.

Then, at the wedding, Jill and hubs and the 12 other kids sat in the front pew, even though they were not related to either the bride or groom and Jill live posted parts of the service from her phone without permission.

And. as we all suspected, Jill found Nurie's bridemaid dress to be too revealing because of the sheer pink fabric above her bust and forced her to wear a Tshirt underneath which looked stupid.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 14
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill posted many pictures of the kids on instagram. Her sons are not cute at all. Off to the prayer closet. 

Many of her children are unfortunate looking, not just the boys.  But, when you get a good look at David, you realize it could've been a lot worse.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

There's a Facebook group called 'That's it, I'm Wedding Shaming' which posts all sort of egregious and often funny stuff that happens at weddings.  JRod and family made it with a post about the recent wedding they attended where Nurie was a bridesmaid and wore a pink lace dress.  Apparently, Jill took pictures of Nurie and the bride and posted them all over the place well before the wedding, before the bride herself had posted photos of her gown.  She eventually took them down for a while, probably because someone saw them and told her she was a selfish hag with no manners.

Then, at the wedding, Jill and hubs and the 12 other kids sat in the front pew, even though they were not related to either the bride or groom and Jill live posted parts of the service from her phone without permission.

And. as we all suspected, Jill found Nurie's bridemaid dress to be too revealing because of the sheer pink fabric above her bust and forced her to wear a Tshirt underneath which looked stupid.

I’m in that group, too! And I agree with everything you said!

• Love 6

In the captions for JillRod’s latest photo dump, she says some church bought her whole family patriotic outfits for their “church revival” and paid to get all her girls’ nails painted. Seriously? The Rod girls couldn’t paint their own nails and then that $$ could be used for a worthy cause?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

In the captions for JillRod’s latest photo dump, she says some church bought her whole family patriotic outfits for their “church revival” and paid to get all her girls’ nails painted. Seriously? The Rod girls couldn’t paint their own nails and then that $$ could be used for a worthy cause?

The church prioritized nail polish for a bunch of little girls?  I expect JRod grifts clothing for her kids all the time, so I'm not surprised she managed to snag some holiday themed stuff.

• Love 2