Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Temperance said:

I've never figured out how to do post a photo, but somehow I was able to bring this photo overhere. (I'm not sure how this worked or why it worked.) For one time only, here's the photo in question announcing a pregnancy for Anna Marie (OfChris) Maxwell.  I don't care about the quality of the photo, but the message it sends (beyond announcing the pregnancy). (She and Chris also have 2 sons.) 

image.png.4b2fe0be4070dd7fa112e66fd8230f6c.png

Do they always dress like extras on Little House on the Prairie? Haven’t the Maxwells embraced modern modest? I swear i’ve seen Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell in a denim skirt. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
Just now, mynextmistake said:

Do they always dress like extras on Little House on the Prairie? Haven’t the Maxwells embraced modern modest? I swear i’ve seen Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell in a denim skirt. 

The Christopher Maxwells dress like that. Chelsy dresses more modernly as do the rest of the Maxwells. Chris and Anna Marie are the only ones who dress like this and dress their kids that way. 

• Love 3

Ofchris Maxwell is from a family as fundie as the Maxwells, if not more so, but I think I've seen Melanie wearing floor-length skirts as well. 

I feel like Ofchris announced her pregnancy so early to compete with Melanie. No way those women don't have some pregnancy numbers rivalry going on even though Melanie is significantly older than Ofchris and has had a neonatal loss as well as a couple miscarriages. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Ofchris Maxwell is from a family as fundie as the Maxwells, if not more so, but I think I've seen Melanie wearing floor-length skirts as well. 

I feel like Ofchris announced her pregnancy so early to compete with Melanie. No way those women don't have some pregnancy numbers rivalry going on even though Melanie is significantly older than Ofchris and has had a neonatal loss as well as a couple miscarriages. 

Didn’t Melanie just have a baby? Is she pregnant again already? 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Heathen said:

That makes sense. I've been wondering why she announced so early. Ofchris can easily beat Melanie, but we'll see about those younger sisters in-law (Chelsy, Elissa and eventually there will be an Ofjesse). 

I also think she announced early maybe, because she's relieved to be pregnant again. This baby will be almost two years younger than her last. Her youngest was born February 2018 and this is the longest she's gone since she was married without being pregnant. 

2 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Didn’t Melanie just have a baby? Is she pregnant again already? 

Yes Melanie just had a baby and no she is not pregnant again. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, NotFundie said:

All the little girls are barefoot too.  What it is with fundies and barefooted girls?

Then they graduate to the white clunky athletic shoes.  It amazes me they still seem to favor those with all the nice looking various colored casual shoes out there. (Skechers for example.)  Even Walmart & Target  have nice cheaper styles if cost is a factor. 

4 hours ago, lianau said:

I think they have , except for Anna Marie . She still wears mostly frumpers .

Anna Marie seems to be the queen of frump & only seems to have one basic sewing pattern. I don't think I've seen her in anything but  a variation of the frump jumper. 

• Love 4

I think the Fundy modesty theory is broken. That Maxwell woman dresses covered head to toe and has still managed to produce 5.2 children. No bathing suit in sight. Perhaps when she wants some wild baby making sex she seduces her husband by applying lotion to her exposed arms.

• LOL 11

I want to arrange a playdate between Samuel "Imma make a break for it" Dillard and little Crazy Eyes Maxwell. Those two could get into some mischief together, no doubt.

13 hours ago, Temperance said:

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Temperance said:

I've never figured out how to do post a photo, but somehow I was able to bring this photo overhere. (I'm not sure how this worked or why it worked.) For one time only, here's the photo in question announcing a pregnancy for Anna Marie (OfChris) Maxwell.  I don't care about the quality of the photo, but the message it sends (beyond announcing the pregnancy). (She and Chris also have 2 sons.) 

This is really gross to me.  

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Sculltaclove said:

That photo reminds me of a parody, or someone dressing up in a handmaid costume for a protest.  Yet, it is real.   It’s chilling.   

Scary but true.

I think someone has posted in the past some YouTube (maybe) videos of a parody of the Duggars. This picture would be better than the parody if it wasn't real.

• Love 3
(edited)

The picture of Anna Marie and her girls just must makes sad and sums up my feelings (sadness) that two more sistermoms are being born into this fundieism (JoKen's and Siren's). 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

I don’t know if there’s any hope for the Maxwell grandkids, cause those kids are DEEP into the cult, but I’m pretty sure lots of the Duggar grandkids will break out. The kids are already starting to break a little away. 

• Love 5

Jill Rodrigues on Facebook:

The LGBT Movement is going overboard trying to teach and promote that it is FINE for boys to dress in skirts and dresses if they want to.  😯😒😥  Interesting though that they spend VERY little time on convincing us it is okay for girls to dress like boys....because that battle has already been won...sadly even among Christians.  🕺 We ladies wiggle into those skin tight jeans like no man's business.  

I watch the dress standard spiral down hill (even from Christians who used to teach it as wrong).  See through dresses, skin tight jeans, plunging neck lines, short shorts, swimsuits and the list goes on.  

I am TIRED of watching my boys and husband having to constantly look away.  I am DONE apologizing for my stand on this.  It IS RIGHT!  IMMODESTY IS WRONG!  Women dressing like men IS WRONG!

If you have a problem with this, take it up with God.  It is HIM (the Holy Spirit) you are constantly searing and wagging back the finger at me as "judgmental".  Yes, I judge sin as wrong...even in my OWN life!  Let us rise up and get back to the OLD paths of truth and righteousness it speaks of in Jeremiah!  We judge murder as wrong, do we not?  Then we need to judge even the "lesser" sins as wrong too!  Let us bring back the savour to our salt in our Christian life rather than constantly being a yardstick behind the world's standard.  

God...

"BE YE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY".   😁

Spoken in love yet in frustration of the "out of control" spin on this issue!  🤔  -Jill

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

I wonder what the three Maxwell girls think when their brothers & SILs are popping out kids at a steady rate knowing they will only be Aunties & never mothers or even wives.  Not sure if they realize their dad is controlling their futures like we do. They just think this is God's way.  I hope at least one of them questions why God has chosen the same paths for all three of them to be SAHDs & not  SAHMs.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill Rodrigues on Facebook:

The LGBT Movement is going overboard trying to teach and promote that it is FINE for boys to dress in skirts and dresses if they want to.  😯😒😥  Interesting though that they spend VERY little time on convincing us it is okay for girls to dress like boys....because that battle has already been won...sadly even among Christians.  🕺 We ladies wiggle into those skin tight jeans like no man's business.  

I watch the dress standard spiral down hill (even from Christians who used to teach it as wrong).  See through dresses, skin tight jeans, plunging neck lines, short shorts, swimsuits and the list goes on.  

I am TIRED of watching my boys and husband having to constantly look away.  I am DONE apologizing for my stand on this.  It IS RIGHT!  IMMODESTY IS WRONG!  Women dressing like men IS WRONG!

If you have a problem with this, take it up with God.  It is HIM (the Holy Spirit) you are constantly searing and wagging back the finger at me as "judgmental".  Yes, I judge sin as wrong...even in my OWN life!  Let us rise up and get back to the OLD paths of truth and righteousness it speaks of in Jeremiah!  We judge murder as wrong, do we not?  Then we need to judge even the "lesser" sins as wrong too!  Let us bring back the savour to our salt in our Christian life rather than constantly being a yardstick behind the world's standard.  

God...

"BE YE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY".   😁

Spoken in love yet in frustration of the "out of control" spin on this issue!  🤔  -Jill

Wtf Jill? And if the nasty horndogs in your family are so damn out of control that any woman in  jeans, shorts, and/or bathing suits gets them all hot and bothered then they need help. So shut your judgemental, arrogant pie hole. .BTW...look up what Jesus says about judging and the rotten Pharisees in the Bible. Bitch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

Wtf Jill? And if the nasty horndogs in your family are so damn out of control that any woman in  jeans, shorts, and/or bathing suits gets them all hot and bothered then they need help. So shut your judgemental, arrogant pie hole. .BTW...look up what Jesus says about judging and the rotten Pharisees in the Bible. Bitch.

These people don't realize their forms of modest clothing draw more attention than the clothing they are condemning.  For example the ladies' swim dresses. We expect to see bikinis & shorts at the beach or waterpark but when one goes swimming in a head to toe swim dress or their regular street clothes, that's what draws attention. 

(I'm not making fun of "normal" modest swimwear. I'm talking about wearing floor sweeping jean skirts or a pair of jeans like JB & the rest of the Duggar guys wore swimming in the past.) 

• Love 13
(edited)

And why is it that she immediately goes from women wearing pants or clothing which shows some leg or clavicle to "skin-tight jeans, see-through dresses, plunging necklines"? Does she really think that there is no happy medium, or a woman who is capable of wearing pants yet still appearing modest and feminine? No woman who can start on that slippery slope of putting on a pair of pants without at once devolving into a harlot?

Then she also lists "swimsuits", just as a general term, with all these other evils as though there is no swimsuit out there actually made for, you know, swimming in, which can be every bit, if not much more modest than wet street clothes plastered to the body. To say nothing of safer.

Her hair-trigger judginess knows no bounds or rationality.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 23

It’s interesting that girls don’t have to divert their eyes from an immodestly dressed female. Perhaps interesting isn’t the word I’m looking for.

Is there no immodest dress for men? It’s all mind numbing.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

It’s interesting that girls don’t have to divert their eyes from an immodestly dressed female. Perhaps interesting isn’t the word I’m looking for.

Their beliefs about female sexual desire are mind-boggling.  It's like they don't think women even think about sex until they have married their God-appointed husband.  Then they can have all the sex their husbands want, enjoy it, but still only be sexually attracted to their husband.  OF course, they live such sheltered lives, maybe they have not seen any men IRL that have tempted them.  

• Love 8

Does Jill realize that as recently as 100 years ago boys wore dresses? (Okay, sacks, basically. But definitely not pants.) Like, gendered fashion wasn't a thing until the early-mid 1900s, at least until you were an adult. 

Let people wear what they want Jill. Are they hurting you? (Actually hurting, not offending delicate Christian sensibilities.) I can't with her.

• Love 13
On 6/24/2019 at 6:15 PM, Temperance said:

They look like FLDS refugees

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, McManda said:

Does Jill realize that as recently as 100 years ago boys wore dresses? (Okay, sacks, basically. But definitely not pants.) Like, gendered fashion wasn't a thing until the early-mid 1900s, at least until you were an adult. 

Let people wear what they want Jill. Are they hurting you? (Actually hurting, not offending delicate Christian sensibilities.) I can't with her.

The history of fashion is something that Jill did not learn in her parents' homeschool.  I always laugh at their line of reasoning about male and female clothes because it shows not only their ignorance but how much influence Madison Avenue has had over the American population.  Pink used to be a boy's color and blue was a girl's color until some ad executive decided to change this.  Our idea of what Santa Claus looks like is directly related to Coca Cola ad campaigns.  Men spend the equivalent of 2 months salary on a diamond engagement ring because DeBeers had a surplus of diamonds they needed to sell seventy years ago.  

Jill may try to live a life outside of the secular world, but her ideas and actions say otherwise.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The history of fashion is something that Jill did not learn in her parents' homeschool.  I always laugh at their line of reasoning about male and female clothes because it shows not only their ignorance but how much influence Madison Avenue has had over the American population.  Pink used to be a boy's color and blue was a girl's color until some ad executive decided to change this.  Our idea of what Santa Claus looks like is directly related to Coca Cola ad campaigns.  Men spend the equivalent of 2 months salary on a diamond engagement ring because DeBeers had a surplus of diamonds they needed to sell seventy years ago.  

Jill may try to live a life outside of the secular world, but her ideas and actions say otherwise.

The thing is that most Christians, even quite conservative ones, have at least enough critical thinking skills to either realize many of these things on their own or the capability to listen to actual reason if someone explains them. But I have to wonder, with the Jills of the world (and there are still way too many out there), whether there is, anywhere in the world, a person who is Godly enough in their estimation that they could even entertain an alternate point of view on any given subject. Could they listen for long enough to see whether the other person might make a valid point, or would they be branded as ungodly the moment they even hinted at another way to interpret scripture?

It's got to take an incredible amount of stubbornness, or fear, or something to keep a mind so tightly closed.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Their beliefs about female sexual desire are mind-boggling.  It's like they don't think women even think about sex until they have married their God-appointed husband.  Then they can have all the sex their husbands want, enjoy it, but still only be sexually attracted to their husband.  OF course, they live such sheltered lives, maybe they have not seen any men IRL that have tempted them.  

Perfect! LOL

What more could any woman dream of?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Perfect! LOL

What more could any woman dream of?

I actually edited that before posting.   I was going to write anytime they wanted,  but i remembered the phrase "joyfully available."

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I've seen some men in speedos that are pretty immodest.  Not to mention gross.

Jill Rod is a raging asshole.

• Love 15
54 minutes ago, toodles said:

I've seen some men in speedos that are pretty immodest.  Not to mention gross.

Jill Rod is a raging asshole.

Sometimes, with guts that hang over their junk!  Why in their belief system, do men get to look like gross pigs, while their women have to diet themselves into matchstick proportions?  I say FTS.  

• Love 13
(edited)

Well Jill,part of living in a free country is being able to dress as you choose.

If she doesn't like it,she is always free to move elsewhere.

Perhaps a Muslim country,where she would have to cover her hair,and from neck to toe,would suit her better.

Nothing against Muslims,just saying

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 8
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:02 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I guess Jill has never seen a Scotsman in a kilt, nor done any reading into historic clothing.  We would consider what Jesus wore "women's" clothes today.

I defy Jill to call this man anything other than the manliest of men. He's welcome to wear "women's clothes" anytime, thank you very much. (Haven't yet persuaded my husband to dress similarly. . . he has VERY nice thighs and calves. . . .)

Edited by LilJen
  • Love 13
54 minutes ago, LilJen said:

I defy Jill to call this man anything other than the manliest of men. He's welcome to wear "women's clothes" anytime, thank you very much. (Haven't yet persuaded my husband to dress similarly. . . he has VERY nice thighs and calves. . . .)

Exactly.Manliness isn't determined by clothing

• Love 8
8 hours ago, LilJen said:

Jamie is The King of Men. 

JillR would not know what to do with him. 

• Love 2
On 6/28/2019 at 11:53 AM, ginger90 said:

Side boob is one thing. Thank goodness no one has invented male jeans showing side penis. 

• LOL 11
44 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

From 2 days ago. 9 pictures:

Dear god--it's a bobble-head doll wearing the fabric from my grandma's couch.  Poor kid.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4