Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, louannems said:

I listened to the full video of Kaylee singing. Not to be mean, but I was cringing with embarrassment for her.  The judges were very generous.  But Kaylee did try extremely hard and did give it her best.

Where is the video? I only see still photos in any of the last few batches they posted.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, stephabeth said:

Erin has Factor V Leiden, which was diagnosed after she miscarried her first 3 pregnancies. I presume due to a blood clot disrupting blood flow in the placenta.

Factor V Leiden is a very common disorder in white people of European descent.  Somewhere around 5% of that population carry the gene.  They are at increased risk for clotting problems like DVT, but only about 5% of those with the Factor will ever develop a clot.  So, most people with Factor V Leiden never even know they have it and we don't use anticoagulants except in people who've had a problem with clotting.

My brother in law was diagnosed with Factor V Leiden after he did a long distance run, got dehydrated and followed with a cross country plane trip.  He had a PE.  Once he was diagnosed, the rest of the family got tested.  Turns out his mom, who had 4 kids, also has it but has never had a problem ever.  That's typical.

• Useful 12
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Alyssa Bates (Websterforever) is feeling very sick. She went to the doctor and had testing done. I hope she's okay. 

She posted about it on Instagram.

And of course the first comment is someone asking if she can still have more kids. Good grief. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

And of course the first comment is someone asking if she can still have more kids. Good grief. 

I can't see it. I really hope she and her husband are taking her health seriously, but it sounds like they are. (Hopefully.)

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Alyssa Bates (Websterforever) is feeling very sick. She went to the doctor and had testing done. I hope she's okay. 

I hope she’s all right as well. Her life must be very stressful — three kids under four, a night job cleaning offices, and all the social media stuff she does would really take a toll. I doubt she gets much sleep. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Kirk Cameron in Jill's vid,compared public school to going into a candy store.That wasn't mine nor my kids,who took AP courses,experience.What a dick.I dislike him even more now.

Jill cheered that on,so I'm quite sure it fit into her illiterate brand of homeschooling and her ego nicely

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

I hope she’s all right as well. Her life must be very stressful — three kids under four, a night job cleaning offices, and all the social media stuff she does would really take a toll. I doubt she gets much sleep. 

She had heart surgery a few months ago and still takes medicine for her heart problems. 

My mother in law, who is 83, has Leiden Factor V. She takes medication for it and she's not in the market to have a baby. So, I guess the consequences of this condition remain present throughout someone's life. Erin should not be having lots of children, IMO.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

My mother in law, who is 83, has Leiden Factor V. She takes medication for it and she's not in the market to have a baby. So, I guess the consequences of this condition remain present throughout someone's life. Erin should not be having lots of children, IMO.

Yeah, but Goddard, whom they don't follow, told them to. 

Seriously. They got this shit from their patriarchal cult -- whose "beliefs" were totally and completely shaped by that ass. And then they try to disavow the cult guru while they still go on robotically following his crap commands, even when there's significant risk that it could leave a bunch of young children without a mother. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

She had heart surgery a few months ago and still takes medicine for her heart problems. 

I think Alyssa suffers from atrial fib. I have something similar,  atrial flutter. Luckily mine is controlled with meds & I haven't had to have the ablation procedure.  My doctors have told me I will need to take my heart med & blood thinner for the rest of my life to keep things under control.   Hopefully the meds will keep Alyssa's heart problems in check.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Looks as though it must have been taken down. Once I finally found it, I got a "content does not exist" for the video link. Drat.

I know!  I finally also re-found it and saw that Jill must have removed it.  I wonder why since she was so proud of Kaylee.  Kaylee sang with huge gusto and over dramatic arm movements which I'm sure Jill taught her to do.  And the singing really did hurt my ears!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Evidently the medicine used to treat Alyssa's heart condition has some side effects and can make you feel ill.  I hope that's all it is.

The comments have been disabled from her post.  I read some of them last night and they were mostly garden variety leg humper posts and quite a few "I am sick too, but I trust the Lord" ones.  I saw one negative one calling her out for saying she didn't deserve her husband.  

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I saw one negative one calling her out for saying she didn't deserve her husband.  

Whoa, really? I wonder why somebody would say that? Alyssa doesn't strike me as the brightest bulb, but she definitely pulls her weight in their marriage. 

• Love 7

Someone needs to take the tweezers away from the Rodriquez ladies stat.    I think Kaylee would look nice w/some bangs.  That puffy hairstyle is not the most flattering.

• Love 8

Jill has a new Facebook post up.  She's reposting something from Ken Hamm about the Ark Encounter now being lit up at night with rainbow colors to "reclaim the rainbow", I guess from us heathens that think it's okay for gays to use.  Hamm reminds us that the rainbow was God's promise not to send another flood and that next time we will all perish by fire.  Yay....

I think Jilly took down the Kaylee video because it was picking up negative comments.  She's also been teasing that the courting bench may soon get some use.  I'm going against the tide here and saying that I think it might be Kaylee getting a suitor.  Jill has certainly been promoting her lately.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Temperance said:

I think her husband should get snipped.  She looks frail to me anyway and then to have a heart condition on top of that, I don’t think her body needs to go through anymore pregnancies.  JMHO

• Love 17
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Whoa, really? I wonder why somebody would say that? Alyssa doesn't strike me as the brightest bulb, but she definitely pulls her weight in their marriage. 

Alyssa said in her post that she didn't want people to feel sorry for she was very blessed, etc. One of her blessings was "a husband I don't deserve." Alyssa is the one who said that. I think the commenter meant that Alyssa is a wonderful wife and she does deserve John or something. Joy Forsyth also said "I have a husband I don't deserve." I don't know why all these fundies think their husbands are saints and they're terrible people. Maybe because being pregnant all the time scares them and they really do get tired of cleaning up after everyone, but that's their job, so they feel horribly guilty they can't be the wife God and husband expect them to be?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Kaylee looks 45 with all that horrid hairstyle and makeup. Yep Nuri getting a huzzband is on the back burner. Which farmer will marry her?

Any guy that gets involved in that family just to get married is truly scraping the bottom of the future-wife-barrel.  

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Any guy that gets involved in that family just to get married is truly scraping the bottom of the future-wife-barrel.  

Their only hope is that someone who actually wants to rescue them and thinks they can take on all that would entail can still pass muster as Godly enough to please Jill...They really are pretty girls under the makeup, and if someone could manage to wrench them away from the family without breaking them they might actually blossom. Or am I being too optimistic?

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, wilsie said:

I hope the electric bill from this homophobic atrocity is so high it breaks Ken Ham.  

He's already suing due to the ark flooding. You can't make this shit up. 😂

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

They had to specify it was a “vocal, singing” competition? There’s such a thing as a silent singing competition? How do they judge that? Do you have to mime, or do interpretive dance? 

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Too bad Kaylee won't be able to go to college and be a music major.  She seemed to do well in her singing competition.

• Love 3
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:55 PM, louannems said:

I listened to the full video of Kaylee singing. Not to be mean, but I was cringing with embarrassment for her.  The judges were very generous.  But Kaylee did try extremely hard and did give it her best.

For those who were not aware, the music competition that Kaylee participated in and apparently did so well was part of a Virginia Homeschool Convention.  The singing contest was sponsored by Liberty University.  Suffice to say, I'd be a bit skeptical of her results, I'd expect every kid participating got high marks as long as they were singing for Jesus.  I'd imagine that, since she's a girl anyway, they know that she isn't going to do anything with her music and certainly won't be getting any higher education in that area, so her scores were meaningless anyway.

This was the same homeschool convention where the other Rodriguii had their pseudo graduation ceremonies and the agenda for the convention is filled with speakers who are very conservative Christians and the topics reflect that POV too.

https://heav.org/convention/

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Well, poor old Nurie attracted a bit of interest, too. For a while. But it didn't last. And it seemed to be someone from a little distance away. Maybe this is another guy who's never seen the family very close up. A guy might not follow Jill on social media and have gotten all his prior information from Jill leghumpers he knows. Unaccountably, there seem to be a lot of them.  And if any of them saw a young KJV-toting guy in need of a docile woman, they'd give Jill and her clan a madly raving review.....And then he might meet the fam for real....

If I were one of the Rodrigui hopeful of courting, I wouldn't count my chickens until they were hatched, unfortunately. I'd love to see a lot of escapes. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

Alyssa said in her post that she didn't want people to feel sorry for she was very blessed, etc. One of her blessings was "a husband I don't deserve." Alyssa is the one who said that. I think the commenter meant that Alyssa is a wonderful wife and she does deserve John or something. Joy Forsyth also said "I have a husband I don't deserve." I don't know why all these fundies think their husbands are saints and they're terrible people. Maybe because being pregnant all the time scares them and they really do get tired of cleaning up after everyone, but that's their job, so they feel horribly guilty they can't be the wife God and husband expect them to be?

No, it was definitely a nasty comment.  The comments are back up.  It said: 

"A Husband You Don't Deserve"??? Like Really?? Attention Seeking Much?? Wow!!

Random capitals and all...

Anna and Mary Maxwell (both 20-something) are on another "mission-trip". They went last summer, but they don't really share much whatever the mission is. They also had more random photos of life with the Maxwells. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Anna and Mary Maxwell (both 20-something) are on another "mission-trip". They went last summer, but they don't really share much whatever the mission is. They also had more random photos of life with the Maxwells. 

To think someone might actually want to see random photos of the Maxwells is terrifying to me. 

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

No, it was definitely a nasty comment.  The comments are back up.  It said: 

"A Husband You Don't Deserve"??? Like Really?? Attention Seeking Much?? Wow!!

Random capitals and all...

Did JRod write it?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

So are Kaylee and her parents the only ones allowed to eat?  What did those other poor, wasted children eat?  One of the younger ones is trying to eat her thumb she’s so hungry. Jill really is a narcissistic bitch, isn’t she?  She wants her ugly mug in ALL the pics.

• Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

So are Kaylee and her parents the only ones allowed to eat?  What did those other poor, wasted children eat?  One of the younger ones is trying to eat her thumb she’s so hungry. Jill really is a narcissistic bitch, isn’t she?  She wants her ugly mug in ALL the pics.

And that is about the ugliest picture of her mug ever. Not only does her face look completely masklike (par for the course, really, on that score), but something about her chin and jawline looks positively misshapen and out of whack. She's getting older, and needs to adjust her makeup technique to a lighter touch, but instead she seems to be doubling down.

It's not helping, Jill...really. 

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 6