Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I truly wonder if Jill exaggerated Janessas condition so that she could have a "miracle baby " like Michelle.  I have a feeling that Jill has been working on this post for months just salivating to stick it to the ebil liberals and their pro-choice agenda.  Maybe I'm just becoming more cynical in my old age, but something about this feels off.

I don't think she exaggerated per se. I think her doctors explained the range of possible outcomes, everything from mild disability only requiring OT to dying soon after birth, and Jill being Jill, she ran with the worst, both because of the immediate attention and grifting possibilities, and because part of her was looking forward to the long-term grifting potential of a visibly severely disabled child.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, graefin said:

Alyssa Bates Webster is shilling Fabletics, and holy form-fitting Nike, those leggings are tight! 

Screenshot_20190321-113404_Instagram.jpg

Tight and sort of flesh-colored.  

Interesting coming from somebody who grew up Gothard. 

• Love 12

From the photos that I've seen and what of Jill's discussion I've read, Janessa is developing on the edge of average.  Most children are pulling up and cruising at 11 months.  Most children have a word or two at 10 months.  While it's perfectly OK for a child to be late on one or two issues, it's the across the board at the end of the scale reaching milestones that I think JIll is ignoring. 

• Love 3

My apologies for the length.

Are we REAL? An article by Nurie Rodrigues (20 years old)

Posted on March 21, 2019 by Rodrigues Family

Hi, this is Nurie. I thought I’d take a moment to share my heart with you…. 

Title: “Are We a Counterfeit Christian, or are we the REAL Thing?” I often challenge myself with the question, “Am I a real Christian?” In other words, do I appear to others as a godly person, but God sees me as someone who is dirty and unrighteous inside. I thank Jesus that His blood covers my sin. Yet, I never want to willingly LIVE in sin. 

Sometimes it can be easy to fall into a rut of just acting out the Christian life. So many times people will act like a godly person in front of other Christians, but then behind closed doors, or in a worldly atmosphere, they act a totally different way. 

Why is this? How can people change so quickly? I believe when this happens, it is because it is not in the depths of their heart to want to please God with their life. 

Proverbs 21:2 “Every way of man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.”

In the human life, we tend to focus more on the outward man more than the inward man. I have often found myself thinking too much about what others think of me. When I put my self confidence in man, I begin to struggle with thoughts of worry and my insides feels like they are tied up in a big knot.

Satan LOVES to find ways to distract the Christian and when Satan can get us to be more focused on what others think of us, rather than what GOD thinks, he has gotten a big foothold in our hearts. 

I have found that when I am struggling in this area, it is harder for me to read my Bible, pray and listen to preaching because my mind is filled with distracting thoughts. I have come to the conclusion that one of the reasons Christians are falling so quickly to the standard of this world, is because they devote themselves to the image they set before men rather than God. 

If it is truly in the DEPTHS of our hearts to want to please God, then we will not care what others think. If we are looked upon as the odd-ball, or hated for taking a righteous stand; may we remind ourselves that it is an honor to be hated for the LORD’s sake. 

Matthew 5:10 “Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”

Luke 6:22 “Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of Man’s sake.”

I want to say that I am not an expert at this. I have only been around for 20 years. I still have a lot to learn, for it is only by God’s grace that I do not stumble and fall.

But, I have some amazing examples to look up to. It would be an honor to point out who a few of those people are.

First, I would like to say, that my parents have been such an encouragement to me in this area. They never drop their standards and beliefs so that they can “fit in” with what everyone else is doing around them. Also, my parents are not hypocrites. They live out what they teach us and they are true Christians to the core of their souls. When I look at all the sacrifices they have made to give us children a godly upbringing, my heart is filled with gratitude to them. I realize how blessed I am. I know there are many others who wish they had parents like this. 

It saddens me to see how rare it is to find parents that are passionate about raising up their children for the honor and glory of Jesus Christ. It also saddens me to see so many people that were raised in a godly, Christian home take for granted what they were given. They just throw away the great gift they have, and decide to live a life that is not pleasing to our precious Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 

“Thank you”, Daddy and Mama, for all you have given me!”

Secondly, I would like to point out my wonderful Grandpa and Grandma Noyes. They have set the perfect example of faithfulness. It is such a blessing to have grandparents I can look up to and see that all they have tried to do with their whole lives is to please God. I am thankful to have a godly heritage. 

Thirdly, I would like to say what an inspiration my Aunt Amy has been to me in my life. She is truly someone who cares only what God thinks of her. In the midst of her suffering, and not having the use of her hands or legs, she continues to press onward for the Lord Jesus Christ. Instead of allowing herself to wallow in discouragement, self-pity, or depression, she rises up and determines to choose joy. So many people in our world today, use their physical or spiritual attacks as an excuse to give up living a godly, passionate life. I want to thank Aunt Amy, Uncle Kevin, and all the Foster children for continuing to live righteously even in the midst of tragedy and hardship. You are such a good example to me and many others. 

Lastly (but certainly NOT least) I want to thank my Heavenly Father who sets the perfect example in every area of life. When humans fail and disappoint me, I am thankful for a God who will never fail or forsake me. I often wonder why so many people blame God for so many bad things that happen when God is the One Who has given us hope and joy in this sinful world. If it was not for the salvation of our Lord Jesus Christ, we would be hopeless, homeless, lost and dying a spiritual death. 

If there is anyone reading this that is not saved, I BEG of you to accept the Lord Jesus as your Saviour today!

II Corinthians 6:2 “For he sayeth, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.”

“I thank you, Lord Jesus, for saving me from my sins when I was only 4 years old on November 7, 2003.” What a GLORIOUS day that was!

May we all be encouraged to strive to be REAL Christians. I do not want the Lord looking down at me and seeing a warm, and mediocre Christian. God is not pleased with that. 

Revelation 3: 15 & 16 “I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.”

May I and all of us, come before God with humble hearts and ask Him to help us be the kind of Christian that He would be pleased with. 

“Oh, precious Lord and Saviour, I ask that you would help me and all the other Christians in this world to stand up and have courage to do what is right. May we not give in to the fleshly things of this world or the temptations that Satan will bring our way. Help those who are being persecuted for Your name’s sake to and give them strength to keep pressing onward.
Oh, Lord, please put your loving hand around people who are struggling with physical and spiritual sickness.
May we never use hard times as an excuse to stop serving you as we should. I beg of you, Lord, to help me never let pride get in the way of my worship to you.”
Give us a spiritual awakening and revival throughout the world. Open our eyes and help us realize how worthless we would be without the blood of Jesus Christ. Give us boldness that we may spread the Gospel to every creature. Raise up more generations of Christians who are truly passionate about serving you and are passionate about living a godly life.  
Thank you, Lord, for loving me when I am not lovable.  
Thank you for giving me the best family a person could ever ask for.  
Thank you for allowing me to live in a country where I can freely worship you.  
Thank you for all the godly examples you have given me in the Bible and on earth who are heroes of the faith.  
Thank you for your Word.  
Thank you for providing me with all my needs.  
Thank you for giving me legs, arms and hands that work. 
Thank you that I can talk, see, hear, touch, feel, taste and smell. Thank you for giving me good health.  
I could go on and on with all that you have blessed me with, but there is just not enough time.  
Lastly, thank you for my salvation…the greatest blessing of all. Lord, may I always remember that I only have one short life; so help me to live it for you! In Jesus Name, Amen.” 

With Love, Nurie Rodrigues

745E4047-AF8C-4D78-BABA-82FEC5D9136B.jpeg

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Title: “Are We a Counterfeit Christian, or are we the REAL Thing?” I often challenge myself with the question, “Am I a real Christian?” In other words, do I appear to others as a godly person, but God sees me as someone who is dirty and unrighteous inside. I thank Jesus that His blood covers my sin. Yet, I never want to willingly LIVE in sin. 

Sometimes it can be easy to fall into a rut of just acting out the Christian life. So many times people will act like a godly person in front of other Christians, but then behind closed doors, or in a worldly atmosphere, they act a totally different way. 

Why is this? How can people change so quickly? I believe when this happens, it is because it is not in the depths of their heart to want to please God with their life. 

Proverbs 21:2 “Every way of man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.”

In the human life, we tend to focus more on the outward man more than the inward man. I have often found myself thinking too much about what others think of me. When I put my self confidence in man, I begin to struggle with thoughts of worry and my insides feels like they are tied up in a big knot.

Satan LOVES to find ways to distract the Christian and when Satan can get us to be more focused on what others think of us, rather than what GOD thinks, he has gotten a big foothold in our hearts. 

I have found that when I am struggling in this area, it is harder for me to read my Bible, pray and listen to preaching because my mind is filled with distracting thoughts. I have come to the conclusion that one of the reasons Christians are falling so quickly to the standard of this world, is because they devote themselves to the image they set before men rather than God. 

If it is truly in the DEPTHS of our hearts to want to please God, then we will not care what others think. If we are looked upon as the odd-ball, or hated for taking a righteous stand; may we remind ourselves that it is an honor to be hated for the LORD’s sake. 

Matthew 5:10 “Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”

Luke 6:22 “Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of Man’s sake.”

I want to say that I am not an expert at this. I have only been around for 20 years. I still have a lot to learn, for it is only by God’s grace that I do not stumble and fall.

But, I have some amazing examples to look up to. It would be an honor to point out who a few of those people are.

First, I would like to say, that my parents have been such an encouragement to me in this area. They never drop their standards and beliefs so that they can “fit in” with what everyone else is doing around them. Also, my parents are not hypocrites. They live out what they teach us and they are true Christians to the core of their souls. When I look at all the sacrifices they have made to give us children a godly upbringing, my heart is filled with gratitude to them. I realize how blessed I am. I know there are many others who wish they had parents like this. 

It saddens me to see how rare it is to find parents that are passionate about raising up their children for the honor and glory of Jesus Christ. It also saddens me to see so many people that were raised in a godly, Christian home take for granted what they were given. They just throw away the great gift they have, and decide to live a life that is not pleasing to our precious Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 

Secondly, I would like to point out my wonderful Grandpa and Grandma Noyes. They have set the perfect example of faithfulness. It is such a blessing to have grandparents I can look up to and see that all they have tried to do with their whole lives is to please God. I am thankful to have a godly heritage. 

Thirdly, I would like to say what an inspiration my Aunt Amy has been to me in my life. She is truly someone who cares only what God thinks of her. In the midst of her suffering, and not having the use of her hands or legs, she continues to press onward for the Lord Jesus Christ. Instead of allowing herself to wallow in discouragement, self-pity, or depression, she rises up and determines to choose joy. So many people in our world today, use their physical or spiritual attacks as an excuse to give up living a godly, passionate life. I want to thank Aunt Amy, Uncle Kevin, and all the Foster children for continuing to live righteously even in the midst of tragedy and hardship. You are such a good example to me and many others. 

Lastly (but certainly NOT least) I want to thank my Heavenly Father who sets the perfect example in every area of life. When humans fail and disappoint me, I am thankful for a God who will never fail or forsake me. I often wonder why so many people blame God for so many bad things that happen when God is the One Who has given us hope and joy in this sinful world. If it was not for the salvation of our Lord Jesus Christ, we would be hopeless, homeless, lost and dying a spiritual death. 

If there is anyone reading this that is not saved, I BEG of you to accept the Lord Jesus as your Saviour today!

II Corinthians 6:2 “For he sayeth, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.”

“I thank you, Lord Jesus, for saving me from my sins when I was only 4 years old on November 7, 2003.” What a GLORIOUS day that was!

May we all be encouraged to strive to be REAL Christians. I do not want the Lord looking down at me and seeing a warm, and mediocre Christian. God is not pleased with that. 

Revelation 3: 15 & 16 “I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.”

May I and all of us, come before God with humble hearts and ask Him to help us be the kind of Christian that He would be pleased with. 

“Oh, precious Lord and Saviour, I ask that you would help me and all the other Christians in this world to stand up and have courage to do what is right. May we not give in to the fleshly things of this world or the temptations that Satan will bring our way. Help those who are being persecuted for Your name’s sake to and give them strength to keep pressing onward.
Oh, Lord, please put your loving hand around people who are struggling with physical and spiritual sickness.
May we never use hard times as an excuse to stop serving you as we should. I beg of you, Lord, to help me never let pride get in the way of my worship to you.”
Give us a spiritual awakening and revival throughout the world. Open our eyes and help us realize how worthless we would be without the blood of Jesus Christ. Give us boldness that we may spread the Gospel to every creature. Raise up more generations of Christians who are truly passionate about serving you and are passionate about living a godly life.  
Thank you for all the godly examples you have given me in the Bible and on earth who are heroes of the faith.  
Thank you for your Word.  
Thank you that I can talk, see, hear, touch, feel, taste and smell. Thank you for giving me good health.  
I could go on and on with all that you have blessed me with, but there is just not enough time.  
Lastly, thank you for my salvation…the greatest blessing of all. Lord, may I always remember that I only have one short life; so help me to live it for you! In Jesus Name, Amen.” 

Well, that was some really special Christian word-vomit!  I have no idea what point she was trying to make, but I am sure she doesn't either.  Just slip a 'Jesus' or 'Christian' or 'The Lord' in there every few phrases and that's all it takes I guess.  No surprise she tossed poor old Aunt Amy the quadriplegic in good measure, she severely broke her neck, didya hear?  I suspect this is the start of the newest season of that family favorite, 'Sell Nurie to the Highest Bidder'.  Hope it doesn't get cancelled like before.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 13
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Well, that was some really special Christian word-vomit!  I have no idea what point she was trying to make, but I am sure she doesn't either.  Just slip a 'Jesus' or 'Christian' or 'The Lord' in there every few phrases and that's all it takes I guess.  No surprise she tossed poor old Aunt Amy the quadriplegic in good measure, she severely broke her neck, didya hear?  I suspect this is the start of the newest season of that family favorite, 'Sell Nurie to the Highest Bidder'.  Hope it doesn't get cancelled like before.

That and the random words in all caps. In regards to Aunt Amy, at least she did not refer to her as "crippled" Aunt Amy. JillRod likes to refer to her as "my CRIPPLED sister!" *eye roll*

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 11

As a therapist I often work with clients on self-esteem. Never once do I mention Jesus or the devil. I do mention the impact of messages they've received in childhood and adulthood. And which of these messages they've internalized and continue to carry.

Unfortunately Nuri holds her parents up as examples of supreme beings without knowing her mother sends Nuri continuous implicit messages that negatively impact her self-esteem. Her mother also operates in this gray area of truth and lies.

When Nuri struggles with what others think, it's not the devil, it's a tad bit of critical thinking combined with a confused moral compass. But then Jesus JillR happens and Nuri shuts it all down. 

Poor Nuri.

• Love 14

I did have to laugh at the part where she says that her parents never drop their standards. 

I think it'd be really hard for David, especially, to make his standards any lower.....He appears to be pretty much an empty shell who contributes absolutely nothing of any kind to anyone anywhere anytime anyhow. 

...Maybe that's just me, though, and he's hiding a whole lot of light under his bushel. 

• Love 20

How sinful can Nurie's life be? She's not allowed to ever go out and do anything without an accountability tattletale sibling. I'm willing to bet that the things she is worrying her soul over are things the rest of us wouldn't think twice about. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I did have to laugh at the part where she says that her parents never drop their standards. 

I think it'd be really hard for David, especially, to make his standards any lower.....He appears to be pretty much an empty shell who contributes absolutely nothing of any kind to anyone anywhere anytime anyhow. 

...Maybe that's just me, though, and he's hiding a whole lot of light under his bushel. 

Well, he does have plenty of bushel. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I see David as one fundie who has totally been steamrolled over by his wife. And there is no light in that shadow.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I think when Nurie finally does capture a husband, she's going to be totally gobsmacked. Even if they manage to find her a guy they deem appropriate, she's been so sheltered, she's not going to know what to do. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, beckie said:

I think when Nurie finally does capture a husband, she's going to be totally gobsmacked. Even if they manage to find her a guy they deem appropriate, she's been so sheltered, she's not going to know what to do. 

See Jill Duggar sticks to him like glue 24/7 doesn’t leave him alone.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

On the bright side, it's better written than I would ever have expected from a product of the educational system of JillR...

Better known as the School of the Winnebago.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

At least she admits to not being an expert and having a lot to learn. More than any Duggar would deign to admit!

otherwise, nothing new, all the same christianspeak that’s always spewed- same impassioned stuff we’d write 30 years ago in fundie youth group. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Thank you for your Word.  

Like Mother; like Daughter.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Nysha said:

How sinful can Nurie's life be? She's not allowed to ever go out and do anything without an accountability tattletale sibling. I'm willing to bet that the things she is worrying her soul over are things the rest of us wouldn't think twice about. 

Well she has gone on a "date" with her brother Tim.....

Edited by Madtown
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, awaken said:

At least she admits to not being an expert and having a lot to learn. More than any Duggar would deign to admit!

That's just humble-bragging Christianese bullshit. She's saved, and going to heaven, and most people out there are not. So, she's better than us heathens, and Jesus has her back, and unless you agree with her generally incoherent babblings, you're going to hell. Too bad, so sad. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
21 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

That's just humble-bragging Christianese bullshit. She's saved, and going to heaven, and most people out there are not. So, she's better than us heathens, and Jesus has her back, and unless you agree with her generally incoherent babblings, you're going to hell. Too bad, so sad. 

And all of it had to do with either God or Jesus.  Jill and David have made their religion so central to the lives of the children that they can't just live in this world.  Reading that, all I could think about was the Sally Field routine on Saturday Night Live where Jesus had to come down and ask her not to pray so much.  Jesus (Phil Hartman) says, "Save the prayers like 'dear Jesus, be with me as I vacuum the stairs'..."

Nurie (or Jill) also threw her paternal grandmother under the bus as well as her other aunts.  I guess they're too sinful to be mentioned.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Yeah, you're probably right.

But Nurie's still a kid, and in my eyes a kid who's been super-isolated and severely emotionally and mentally abused (likely physically as well, but we can't necessarily assume that -- although I swear these kids are mostly quite undernourished and not just naturally thin), so I give her the benefit of the doubt about her level of character issues like arrogance and hypocrisy at this point.

For me, as a kid, she's still at a stage where she may actually be quite sincere about the "I'm not an expert" stuff. (even though I agree that she also probably put it in because it's their boilerplate).

She's probably had little chance to compare her parents to anybody else so she could get a feel for their massive hypocrisy (not to mention idiocy and meanness and so on). .... Unfortunately, she probably never will get much of a chance. And if you put that together with the massive brainwashing she's received since the day she was born, I put her in my "more to be pitied than censured" category for now.....

I also hate it that she'll probably be saying the same stuff when she's 30. It's a shame that it's so easy for jerks and idiots to wreck defenseless children and thereby create more idiot-jerk adults. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

@Churchhoney, I feel sorry for Nurie's blighted upbringing but have no patience for her fundie manifesto. 

Yeah, I get that you do! 

Unfortunately Fundie Manifesto is the only language she speaks. 

It's tragic that these people insist on ruining the brains of so damn many kids. Even if they ruined 1 apiece it would be tragic. But they insist on polluting the world with multitudes for each of these crazy parents.

At Nurie's age, there's still a chance someone will wake up and smell the coffee, though. ....So we can only hope that lightning will strike. 

15 hours ago, Nysha said:

Well, she's probably at least as sinful as 3-year-old David Waller and 5-year-old Jingle!   ;  )

• Love 11
On 3/14/2019 at 6:39 PM, sixlets said:

Can I add to the shopping list?

Nars has a new eyeshadow in Lahore.  Blush has to be in Orgasm (a beautiful shade too!), Climax mascara, and in honor of Tim's chosen profession, Night Flight eyeliner.

Lipslut is making a RBG shade.  Jill wouldn’t understand.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Tight and sort of flesh-colored.  

Interesting coming from somebody who grew up Gothard. 

And shilling for a company founded by actress Kate Hudson, who is far from a Gothard role model for a Godly Christian woman.

Kate was raised Jewish (Goldie Hawn is half Jewish ) and now practices Buddhism. She has 3 children by different fathers and married only 1.

I’m not criticizing Kate, she’s a free spirit like her mom, just saying how the Fundies would perceive it.

Either the Bateses are becoming more tolerant of other religions and life styles or they failed to do a background check.

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, bythelake said:

And shilling for a company founded by actress Kate Hudson, who is far from a Gothard role model for a Godly Christian woman.

Kate was raised Jewish (Goldie Hawn is half Jewish ) and now practices Buddhism. She has 3 children by different fathers and married only 1.

I’m not criticizing Kate, she’s a free spirit like her mom, just saying how the Fundies would perceive it.

Either the Bateses are becoming more tolerant of other religions and life styles or they failed to do a background check.

My guess is "failed to do the check." 

Because ... money. 

On the other hand, I'm not sure what to make of her outfit either, when it comes to their stated beliefs (or at least stated in the past). 

And it's not just an outfit she's wearing in the privacy of her own home for the sole benefit of her headship. She's putting pictures of herself in those completely formfitting -- including in the crotch -- sleeveless clothes online where millions of people can see them. 

That actually does seem like a change in principles, doesn't it?

(And she's not even big pregnant. What Would Jessa Say?)

Of course, I don't know to what extent these people actually embraced any of the Gothard or fundie principles that they found inconvenient in the first place. Especially these second generations. 

Evidence all over the place on this one as to what's really going on. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12

I just want to add how Alyssa had to mention the sizes of her Fabletics  items. 

XS!  Look at me! I had 3 babies in quick succession and I can still fit into an XS!

Maybe that was not her intent but it sure came across that way to me.

• Love 19
34 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I just want to add how Alyssa had to mention the sizes of her Fabletics  items. 

XS!  Look at me! I had 3 babies in quick succession and I can still fit into an XS!

Maybe that was not her intent but it sure came across that way to me.

I don't mind her mentioning her size.  One thing I hate with websites especially ones with plus size models do not say what size the model is.  I have tried to order a few items from ModCloth and have had no luck because their size charts are not accurate.  I'm a 10-12 in a few different lines of clothing, I should not have to order a 2xl because your size chart is off and you probably custom made the clothes for your size 16 model.  All instagram models should list their sizes it can help to sell more clothes.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't mind her mentioning her size.  One thing I hate with websites especially ones with plus size models do not say what size the model is.  I have tried to order a few items from ModCloth and have had no luck because their size charts are not accurate.  I'm a 10-12 in a few different lines of clothing, I should not have to order a 2xl because your size chart is off and you probably custom made the clothes for your size 16 model.  All instagram models should list their sizes it can help to sell more clothes.

I understand your point, but maybe she should have also said, " I am X height and Y weight and wear an XS" for a bit more reference.  We know she is tiny, but not how tiny...

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

My guess is "failed to do the check." 

Because ... money. 

On the other hand, I'm not sure what to make of her outfit either, when it comes to their stated beliefs (or at least stated in the past). 

And it's not just an outfit she's wearing in the privacy of her own home for the sole benefit of her headship. She's putting pictures of herself in those completely formfitting -- including in the crotch -- sleeveless clothes online where millions of people can see them. 

That actually does seem like a change in principles, doesn't it? 

(And she's not even big pregnant. What Would Jessa Say?)

Of course, I don't know to what extent these people actually embraced any of the Gothard or fundie principles that they found inconvenient in the first place. Especially these second generations. 

Evidence all over the place on this one as to what's really going on. 

I guess it's OK to stir up desires that cannot be righteously fulfilled as long as you're already married and there's a paycheck in it for you?

In seriousness, Erin or Michael wouldn't be caught dead wearing an outfit like that, and I'm fairly certain Kelly would disapprove as well. Obviously, Kelly's beliefs aren't shifting because she's still married to Gil. The Paines and Keilens are longstanding Gothard families, aren't they? The Websters are the "outliers" here, I guess.

• Love 6

Nurie looks good there imo.  The lipstick is a shade too deep, but the rest of looks good to me (although I don't generally wear make-up).  It's a far-cry from the old-school over-the-top 80s influenced Rodrgiues look she was sporting a few years ago and it actually looks better than Jessa's latest look. 

Her message is generic-fundie. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, graefin said:

The Websters are the "outliers" here, I guess.

GOOD. Maybe their daughters will have a chance!! I was LOVING her skin tight leggings, you know Kelly and Erin are probably forming a prayer circle about it. Moving little by little away from the cult. 

Did anyone see that Erin/Whitney...and Alyssa? ( cant remember the third, lol) are starting a boutique? 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, if that's the standard then I would have been held accountable at age 20 for a lot of stuff that in my opinion I truly wasn't responsible for. 

I realize that this can be seen as just special pleading by somebody else who simply didn't have the brains, backbone or foresight to immediately grasp all the problems her family had created and quickly change her brain wiring to be somebody new and better as soon as she'd passed her 18th birthday. 

But from the perspective of somebody who, like Nurie, was raised in a kind of isolation chamber and brainwashed by insane people from birth, my assessment is that virtually no kid from that kind of background will be able to accomplish that by age 20. 

I wbooks. Sadly, though, it seems unlikely she will. 

And some day, five or ten years from how, I'll sadly join everybody in holding her responsible if she keeps spouting this stuff. But I've been Nurie....or a version of her, at least. So .... not today. 

And a big old "me too" on this one...

I was raised by crazy people who went to church waaaay too much.   All of us kids had to be obedient and responsible and were trained to feel guilty for any small infraction.  I'm in my late 60's and, I swear to God, if someone drops something in front of me, I still try to find a way to say I'm sorry.  Somehow, I feel that everything that goes wrong is my fault.  Recovery from this type of upbringing is difficult and you carry traces of it forever.  Nurie has never been allowed to think for herself.  She's part of the Rodriguii hive mind.  Until one of them breaks away and gets help, they're all just extensions of DaveJill.

Edited by NotFundie
  • Love 13
18 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Is it just a clothing boutique or home goods as well?

Because Whitney is pretty stylish, but honestly Erin has been looking kinda frumpy lately. No idea about Carlin.

Carlin always looks nice. I think Erin's problem is she's in a never ending cycle of pregnancy and trying to lose baby weight. She dolls up well for church and weddings, though.The best thing the Bates girls have going for them is they're gorgeous and skilled at staging Instagram pictures. If they take their business seriously, they could do well. The average, young Christian mom would much rather model herself after a Whitney or a Carlin than Jill or Frump Queen Jessa. 

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, NotFundie said:

And a big old "me too" on this one...

I was raised by crazy people who went to church waaaay too much.   All of us kids had to be obedient and responsible and were trained to feel guilty for any small infraction.  I'm in my late 60's and, I swear to God, if someone drops something in front of me, I still try to find a way to say I'm sorry.  Somehow, I feel that everything that goes wrong is my fault.  Recovery from this type of upbringing is difficult and you carry traces of it forever.  Nurie has never been allowed to think for herself.  She's part of the Rodriguii hive mind.  Until one of them breaks away and gets help, they're all just extensions of DaveJill.

Oh, yeah. I apologize to doors if I bump into them. 

If it rains when someone I know has planned an outing I'm consumed with guilt and misery. Because unsuitable weather is my fault. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I've worked with special needs children for 30 years. 

Janessa is little so she is expected to do very basic things.  As she gets older, whatever delays she is experiencing will become more noticeable as her peers develop age appropriate skills and she lags behind.  

For example, an 11 month old baby with Down Syndrome does not look very delayed to the average person. They don't sit but they are usually so cute propped up that no one really notices.  A child with Down Syndrome at 5 years of age will be showing clear signs of delays.

Jill Rod is a nut and delusional so we really don't have accurate information on little Janessa.  Jill could be exaggerating, lying or denying.  We will never know because Jill hides things and spins things. 🙄

• Useful 4
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Oh, yeah. I apologize to doors if I bump into them. 

I apologize to Mr Jyn and to my kids over and over and over, waiting for someone to toss me an "it's ok". Which none of them really ever do. As much as they will forgive other people for little things, I guess I have just gotten into the habit of apologizing  way too much for things which probably aren't even my fault to begin with, so they just glare at me and tell me to stop it. But it's so hard to stop apologizing when you don't feel as though you are forgiven 😞

None of them seem to feel that "oops" should be a legitimate part of vocabulary. Screwing up, even to the extent of bumping into a door is cause for a huff and a glare, and a way to blame it on someone else. 

I've had a rough couple of days of more or less silent treatment started because I ate a good size breakfast, so wasn't hungry when Mr Jyn wanted to go out to lunch after shopping yesterday. I would have had a salad or something, but he wanted to go to the Indian buffet, where that isn't an option. He was a bit friendlier this evening, but I messed up again with a comment texted to my daughter which she took slight umbrage at...I was trying to make a lighthearted comment, but she took it wrong and Mr Jyn says I never think before I say something, so he went to bed all huffy again.

• Love 3