Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 3/8/2019 at 7:27 PM, Annb67 said:

Interesting, I didn't realise that kaylee had such pointy ears and was so cute...oh wait..my bad.

Damn. Girlfriend looks like she should be working the Wednesday afternoon shift on the pole at a third-string strip club. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why is Scripture capitalized?

Because it's considered to be the direct word of God. -- and it's the noun form, so it's the thing itself. "scriptural" is the adjective form -- i.e., not the thing itself -- so it's not capitalized. Just like they capitalize "God" -- the being himself, but not godly -- since that's a descriptor, not the being himself.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Because it's considered to be the direct word of God. -- and it's the noun form, so it's the thing itself. "scriptural" is the adjective form -- i.e., not the thing itself -- so it's not capitalized. Just like they capitalize "God" -- the being himself, but not godly -- since that's a descriptor, not the being himself.

Churchhoney, you almost always teach me something about my own faith. Sometimes I think about passing on some of the things you have taught me and then I imagine the answer to the question" Where did you learn that,?" Well..see...there is this atheist on this snark forum about the Duggers...

Edited by crazycatlady58
  • LOL 17
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Churchhoney, you almost always teach me something about my own faith. Sometimes I think about passing on some of the things you have taught me and then I imagine the answer to the question" Where did you learn that,?" Well..see...there is this atheist on this snark forum about the Duggers...

I love this. 

I felt I was an atheist at a very young age, 6 or 7 or so. But it bugged me and I didn't feel I could easily reject something that was so universally honored around the world. So I tried to learn everything I could about religion during a couple-decades-long debate with myself about whether I actually was an atheist.

By the time the atheism finally won the argument, I had collected a whole lot of factoids that were only of use in social conversation!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18
On 2/24/2019 at 10:28 PM, Lunera said:

Josie looks like your typical teen mom. She still updates her business Instagram so at least she's not just sitting at home gestating.

She's a gorgeous young woman.  The most beautiful of the Bates and Duggar girls, hands down!  Anyone else agree?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Pasha Kitty said:

She's a gorgeous young woman.  The most beautiful of the Bates and Duggar girls, hands down!  Anyone else agree?

I think Alyssa is just as beautiful as well

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pasha Kitty said:

I think Katie is the most beautiful, but all the Bates girls are exceptionally pretty. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Pasha Kitty said:

Yes. Although I think Addallee may be just as beautiful when she is a young woman.

• Love 2

The Bates girls are pretty, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to help them escape the cult.

The Bates boys are also good-looking.

Gil and Kelly did a video about how to raise 19 (a whole bunch) of kids with no or little income. They tell long rambling stories and it basically comes down to grifting. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Temperance said:

The Bates girls are pretty, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to help them escape the cult.

The Bates boys are also good-looking.

Gil and Kelly did a video about how to raise 19 (a whole bunch) of kids with no or little income. They tell long rambling stories and it basically comes down to grifting. 

Only Lawson (in love with himself) Bates. The other Bates males tend to look like their faces are squashed. 

Gil and Kelly are self-centered con artists. 

• Love 6

The Bontragers have a new grandchild. Micah Joe Bontrager was born Tuesday March 12th. (Joe is his father's middle name.) His parents are Mitchell and Brynn. The three oldest Bontrager boys all got married one weekend Sept. 2017.  Each of the married Bontragers has one child now including Chelsy (who got married three months later). 

• Love 3

I can see the Jill's eyebags are genetic, but she needs to find another eyeliner color.  I almost want to send her some because I cannot continue to see it and then snark.  Maybe i'll splurge and get her some Urban Decay or Nars makeup where she will not know the meaning behind the name but I will.

• Love 5

Can I add to the shopping list?

Nars has a new eyeshadow in Lahore.  Blush has to be in Orgasm (a beautiful shade too!), Climax mascara, and in honor of Tim's chosen profession, Night Flight eyeliner.

• LOL 10

Wow--if I ran into that group on a woods trail, I'd be worried that they were the local cannibals looking for a good meal.  Those kids, particularly the boys, are just gaunt.  I'm sure they get some of it from their mother (I tend to miss this stuff, and even I can see the jaw resemblance here), but that's scary.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, sixlets said:

Can I add to the shopping list?

Nars has a new eyeshadow in Lahore.  Blush has to be in Orgasm (a beautiful shade too!), Climax mascara, and in honor of Tim's chosen profession, Night Flight eyeliner.

I'm going to utter a phrase that only works when discussing Nars blush--"I prefer Deep Throat over Orgasm"

• LOL 14
  • Love 3

Steve Maxwell had some chest pains during exercise and went to see his doctor.  He had a heart catheterization and then had two stents put in with blockages of 99% and 90%.  He originally announced it to his readers in his dads' newsletters. They turned it into a blog post.

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
20 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Steve Maxwell had some chest pains during exercise and went to see his doctor.  He had a heart catheterization and then had two stents put in with blockages of 99% and 90%.  He originally announced it to his readers in his dads' newsletters. They turned it into a blog post.

Grifting in 5...4...3...2...

Edited by heckkitty
  • LOL 5
5 hours ago, Fosca said:

Wow--if I ran into that group on a woods trail, I'd be worried that they were the local cannibals looking for a good meal.  Those kids, particularly the boys, are just gaunt.  I'm sure they get some of it from their mother (I tend to miss this stuff, and even I can see the jaw resemblance here), but that's scary.

The part that worried me was, I thought the Rodriguii quite famously grifted braces for free from some source?  This is the end result?

• LOL 1

According to the Maxwells, Samaritan health insurance paid for everything (involving Steve's heart surgery and also all of their births, etc.). I hope that's true partly for their sakes, but also they majorly advertise and recommend Samaritan to their readers. They were even featured in an article in the Samaritan newsletter.  

According to the other fundie snark sites, Steve is 67 and Teri is 63. 

On 3/14/2019 at 7:09 PM, Fosca said:

I agree. That family might wind up a 20/20 special.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I spent a few days at Hocking Hills last summer.  It is a beautiful state park.  Glad the Rodriguii weren't there then.

Too bad you were not there, because then you may have gotten a mention, with random capitalized words, in Jill's blog. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Misslindsey said:

Too bad you were not there, because then you may have gotten a mention, with random capitalized words, in Jill's blog. 

If I did get a shout out, it would be to decry the heathen, pants-wearing Catholic woman out there ruining the godly beauty of nature with her liberal thoughts.  I had my 2 dogs with me, too bad they don't bite.

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I truly wonder if Jill exaggerated Janessas condition so that she could have a "miracle baby " like Michelle.  I have a feeling that Jill has been working on this post for months just salivating to stick it to the ebil liberals and their pro-choice agenda.  Maybe I'm just becoming more cynical in my old age, but something about this feels off.

I've thought all along that Jill exaggerated Janessa's condition just to get more attention for herself. Remember her SEVERE miscarriages? 

• Love 12

I don't think Jill exaggerated Janessa's condition. It could have gone either way. Doctors like to warn people about possible complications and conditions so they have time to prepare and look for treatments. It's possible Janessa was misdiagnosed. It's also possible that any delays haven't hit yet.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I don't think Jill exaggerated Janessa's condition. It could have gone either way. Doctors like to warn people about possible complications and conditions so they have time to prepare and look for treatments. It's possible Janessa was misdiagnosed. It's also possible that any delays haven't hit yet.

I think Jill took what the doctors said and only blogged about the worst case scenario.  She loves attention for herself (remember her 'Let's Buy Stuff for Jill' baby shower?).  I think she probably outlined Janessa's potential issues using broad strokes and then hit hard on the worst case scenario in order to get sympathy and maybe donations for herself.  And, also to set herself up as the saint who refused to abort her precious blessing even though the evil doctors told her to do it or as the martyr with a severely disabled or deceased child.

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I think Jill took what the doctors said and only blogged about the worst case scenario.  She loves attention for herself (remember her 'Let's Buy Stuff for Jill' baby shower?).  I think she probably outlined Janessa's potential issues using broad strokes and then hit hard on the worst case scenario in order to get sympathy and maybe donations for herself.  And, also to set herself up as the saint who refused to abort her precious blessing even though the evil doctors told her to do it or as the martyr with a severely disabled or deceased child.

I do think her doctors were warning her about the worst case scenario. There's a difference imo between Jill just making stuff up and Jill's sharing the potential complications which the doctors think might be possible. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I do think her doctors were warning her about the worst case scenario. There's a difference imo between Jill just making stuff up and Jill's sharing the potential complications which the doctors think might be possible. 

I'm sure her doctors described the worst case scenario because it would be unethical not to tell a mother about all the possibilities just as it would be unethical not to tell a mother whose baby had the sort of malformations in utero that Janessa had that terminating the pregnancy is an option.  I think that Jill glossed over the doctors telling her that it was also quite possible that the baby would suffer no ill effects, that this malformation is very rare and each one is unique, so predicting the specific outcome for her baby was impossible and that, in addition to abortion, she could continue the pregnancy with careful monitoring and could opt for only supportive care after the birth if it appeared the baby was severely affected.  There is such a thing as neonatal hospice care and I have referred patients to it on many occasions when it appeared their baby had a fatal birth defect and they didn't feel termination was an option.  However, in Jill's case, with all of the unknowns, i would only have recommended it after delivery once the baby was fully assessed.  In Janessa's case, she did well at birth and it never was an issue.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, irisheyes said:

This is what irritates me about Jill (and her ilk). She seems to imply that pro-choice people were going to tie her down and force an abortion on her. I don’t know ANYONE who is pro-choice who think women should be forced to have abortions. A doctor can offer you termination, and everyone is free to turn it down.  Just because a doctor says something is an option doesn’t mean it’s required. When I was pregnant with my youngest, I turned down the extra screening offered due to my “advanced maternal age.”  Doctor offered, I said no thanks, doctor moved on. Pretty sure that’s how Jill’s conversation went. She’s such a drama queen. 

Idiot attention whores like Jill and Mullet Duggar think even the mention of the A word is persecution. 

• Love 6

As the mother of a child who was born with poor muscle tone, I am going to point out that Janessa is lying down in her 11 month photo. I know we have seen a picture of her sitting, and maybe a video of working on crawling (so many babies, it’s hard to keep track!), but I remain unconvinced she is developing completely on target.

i used to work with kids with special needs, including one who had a rare brain malformation and agensis of the corpus callosum. At 17 years old, he is the longest living boy with that specific malformation. He didn’t talk or have much in the way of motor skills, but he could point and knew his letters, colors, shapes. He would pick something up and hold it up to one eye to examine it. He has had a lot of trouble with seizures though. 

While women usually play this close to the best, the few medical pregnancy terminations I have known about or heard about are a lot more definitive than what Jill appears to have been told. It’s more like, there is no brain development, there is no lung development, conjoined twins sharing a brain. I agree that her post smells of an agenda, not one that is grounded in truth. 

• Love 22