Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 3/5/2019 at 8:38 PM, ginger90 said:

7DEFA7F9-C583-4340-82F2-F63AC3C4DBE8.jpeg

1D1E51F7-333F-4E8E-AA15-21987635B01D.jpeg

Wow, just what every older teenager wants to do.  Hopefully Nurie gets a meal out of it. You're right @cdp73, David does look upset that he'll have to  share the food. 

Is this another ad that Nurie is available & would make a great wife?

BtW, I wish one of the kids would take away Jill's Sharpie markers.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Wow, just what every older teenager wants to do.  Hopefully Nurie gets a meal out of it. You're right @cdp73, David does look upset that he'll have to  share the food. 

Is this another ad that Nurie is available & would make a great wife?

BtW, I wish one of the kids would take away Jill's Sharpie markers.

Who dates their parents? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

The Maxwells are promising some kind of big announcement on the 18th of this month (March).

Unless it’s Sarah getting married — or getting out by any means — I don’t care.  

Edited by CousinOliver
  • Love 11
(edited)

9369A28B-9FF7-4128-9E32-66FBB80CBEBA.jpeg

How about a bunch of us join her church and “embrace our God-given Biblical roles” and become stay at home moms and housewives?   Then we can watch her “choose Joy” as we are all grifting from the same pot!!!    Because each of us would be just as deserving of monetary donations, right?  Since we would be following her version of the Bible and all. 

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, questionfear said:

1) If you're such a goddamn homebody, stop singing for Jesus. No one asked you to.

2) David had two "almost full time" jobs? Well damn, he clearly sacrificed a lot to pursue his RV dreams. He could have been making $0.50 above minimum wage by now!

3) Did she really just say she tries to live her life the opposite of how the bible describes people? So close to the truth...

You know, I do actually believe that she believes what she says, and that she makes an earnest effort to live her life in the way she feels Jesus wants her to. I believe that things have not been easy for her, and I certainly believe that her marriage may have had plenty of rough spots which she has fought through with a superhuman determination to remain happy.

What I don't get is why anyone would manage to convince themselves that a deity would create a world full of all sorts of wonderful things and then tell you that the only way you could be worthy of salvation is to deny 99% of them to yourself and your family, and instead live with an obsessive need to keep your mind on him in every moment of your day with every fiber of your being, and fear every random thought which might flit through your brain as being an attack from Satan. How can anyone manage to reconcile the idea of a loving deity with the notion that this is the way he would choose to demand people to live their lives? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, awaken said:

I’d be interested to learn more about the rough times she and David had early on. 

And it’s interesting that they pierce even the little girls’ ears!  

They probably pierced them at birth.  I know it’s very popular where I live because it’s in the hospital with sterile equipment and omg it’s a girl.  The hospital offered it to us but we said no.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

9369A28B-9FF7-4128-9E32-66FBB80CBEBA.jpeg

How about a bunch of us join her church and “embrace our God-given Biblical roles” and become stay at home moms and housewives?   Then we can watch her “choose Joy” as we are all grifting from the same pot!!!    Because each of us would be just as deserving of monetary donations, right?  Since we would be following her version of the Bible and all. 

LOL! There would be less for Jill,for sure. If Jill thinks women shouldn't work,then shouldn't she NOT sell Plexus?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

With the exception of the miscarriages, all her HARDSHIPS are things she has chosen to do.  Self martyrdom.  Her JOY is her justificatiion for these choices.  And those children are collateral damage of her delusions.  It suits David to pander to her because he just cruises along getting the nest of her joy.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Jill sure appears to be advertising Kaylee here

This reads to me that Jill just noticed that she has another marriageable daughter to put on the market.  

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Poor thing, that's not her best photo. If these girls would stopped painting their faces like hookers, they would look so much better and younger. 

Amen. That makeup doesn't scream "farm wife!" to me. Just saying.

• LOL 14
  • Love 7

If you want something scary, just enlarge the second picture of Kaylee.  She looks like a little girl that was playing with her mom's makeup.  The heavy mascara/false eyelashes look like spiders.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Amen. That makeup doesn't scream "farm wife!" to me. Just saying.

I don't think any of them knows that farming is extremely hard work. If you have animals, it's 24h/7 days a week/all year work. Also, wearing skirts and false eyelashes is not practical when you're ankle deep in shit.

• LOL 9
  • Love 11
29 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

If you want something scary, just enlarge the second picture of Kaylee.  She looks like a little girl that was playing with her mom's makeup.  The heavy mascara/false eyelashes look like spiders.

It's scary enough at the normal size, thanks! The scariest thing of all, though, is that grimace plastered on her face in lieu of a smile. There is nothing whatsoever about that which even hints at actual happiness.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, graybrown bird said:

Kaylee took lessons in the Tammy Faye Baker school of cosmetology.

Tammy Faye Baker School of Cosmetology/Jill Rod School of Cosmetology.

Tomato/Tomahto

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, graybrown bird said:

Kaylee took lessons in the Tammy Faye Baker school of cosmetology.

Or the Barnum & Bailey Circus Clown makeup academy. In that picture she's got the actual pieces of clown makeup going: lips, brows, eyes, lashes. Just needs lighter foundation, red circles of cheek color and a nice red nose bulb.

FFS, can't Jill R SEE how un-flattering her makeup styling is - not only for herself, but also for her teen daughters?

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 8

I'm pretty sure Jill and her girls have a view of being a farmer's wife straight outta The Eva Gabor Green Acres School of Farm Wifing. Only a lot less classy and a lot more trashy. 😂

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
(edited)

Kaylee's make-up isn't her best look. (It's actually the worst make-up I've seen her wear). However it's nothing compared to what we've seen from her mother and Nurie over the years.

She doesn't however look like a hooker. Most make-up wearing ladies would have gone out if they thought it looked good. 

The lip color is a little strong, especially for a close-up of her face. I had dark lipstick like that to appear on stage to be seen from off stage. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sixlets said:

Hardship: We have “hateful” people that follow our family and say all manner of evil against us….falsely! It hurts…it’s NOT true! They don’t even KNOW us!

Choosing Joy: It is an HONOR to suffer this small form of persecution for the name of our blessed Saviour- Jesus Christ! 

Ms. Jilly, you need to stay in your lane.  You know nothing about persecution.  You are a middle-aged, white woman living in the sticks of West Virginia.  Your ignorance is on full display, but then again, what more can we expect from you. You want to see persecution?  Try being a person of color in a predominately white neighborhood being confronted with a gun.  Have an in-depth conversation with one of the mothers who lost their young sons to brutality and violence.  This is one time you need to sit down and just shut the fuck up. 

Well said...as a fellow middle-aged white woman, I can well recognize how easily we manage to discount any but our own perspectives sometimes.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

She actually led with they fed us well?!?!?!

batshit crazy ya’ll

Well, that's kind of a strong tell, isn't it? The truth: The kids are always hungry and despite some of the dumb spending she and David do that may make it look like there's not a problem, food-insecurity due to money problems is an ever-present issue. Despite the facade she puts on that tries to deny all this. 

That's what I hear in that "they fed us well" lead at least. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

I know the answer to this, but for the love of dog, why is there an Israeli flag in a Christian church?  I have an allexpenses paid ticket straight to hell as a Catholic,  but because some 19th century dude dreamt up a bullshit apocalyptic theory and they all believe it.  I guess the Bible and Jesus really mean nothing to these people. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, that's kind of a strong tell, isn't it? The truth: The kids are always hungry and despite some of the dumb spending she and David do that may make it look like there's not a problem, food-insecurity due to money problems is an ever-present issue. Despite the facade she puts on that tries to deny all this. 

That's what I hear in that "they fed us well" lead at least. 

I may have brought this up before, but I think they could probably get SNAP benefits (food stamps), if they tried and probably a very large $$$ amount of them, at that.  Plus, they may be hitting up every Food Pantry/Food Bank in their area.  They may have plenty of food but if so, it’s apparent that David eats most of it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

batshit crazy ya’ll

I dunno if I think it's crazy; at least they're appropriately grateful guests responding well to hospitality, which seems a rare credit to Jill's account.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I know the answer to this, but for the love of dog, why is there an Israeli flag in a Christian church?  I have an allexpenses paid ticket straight to hell as a Catholic,  but because some 19th century dude dreamt up a bullshit apocalyptic theory and they all believe it.  I guess the Bible and Jesus really mean nothing to these people. 

There are so many different flags in those pictures.  It makes wonder if the church either owns or meets in some kind of school. It's possible the church owns the school or is meeting at a local school while the church is being built or renovated. I heard of Catholic churches doing both. (One church I know used to meet in a local school until their building was built and completed.)

Edited by Temperance
14 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

batshit crazy ya’ll

She's brought up being "fed well" when meeting with others in the past. I know I've seen it in at least one of her crazy ass blog posts. I swear one of them was about visiting her family. Sure, if you go to an amazing new restaurant or have something that is the best you've ever had, maybe call out that in particular, but a potluck lunch in a church basement or your sister's living room, is not the "fed us well" endorsement she thinks it is. Hell, I'd even give her a pass if she said they "fellowshipped" over a meal and "fellowshipped" makes me stabby. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

Why Israel is important to Christians:

https://www.reference.com/world-view/jerusalem-important-christians-b8e05b1441c0344e

The flag in the church is in support and homage imho. 

Certainly true. 

Though I expect this particular group may have a fair number of people who support Israel and call for re-establishment of its center as Jerusalem for the "End Times" reason. 

It's a complicated relationship they have with Israel and Judaism, I would guess. 

'a particular kind of right-wing Christian theology that believes that the institution of an embassy in Jerusalem will bring about violence and destruction on a cosmic scale. Known as premillennial dispensationalists, this subset of evangelicals reads the embassy as an important and necessary step to the bringing about of the Apocalypse.

'The Apocalypse is broadly thought of as the end of the world and, to most people, its a time associated with destruction, judgment, the overthrowing of temporal powers, the return of the Messiah, the end of the world as we know it, and the beginning of a period of blissful eternal existence.

'Though many texts in the Bible discuss the “Day of the Lord” and a coming time of judgement, the primary source text for this kind of perspective is the book of Revelation, the final book of the New Testament. Often erroneously credited to the author of the Gospel of John, Revelation or “the Apocalypse of John” is an example of what scholars call “apocalyptic literature,” a genre of ancient literature filled with coded symbols and predictions about the future. Revelation was likely written at the end of the first century during the reign of the Roman emperor Domitian. But because it is written in symbolically coded prophecy, Christians have been treating Revelation as a timetable for the end of the world ever since it was written.

'Beginning in the 16th century, English puritans began to develop a view of human history in which time is divided into various “dispensations” (periods of time, each of which is illustrative of a particular period of the divine plan). The final period of human history, before the Last Judgment, is called the “millennial kingdom,” a 1,000-year period in which Christl reigns. This period is described in Revelation 20:1-8, and some early Christians, too, subscribed to the view that there would be a millennium of earthly reign before a final catastrophe.

'The theological heirs to these puritanical Christians are those evangelicals who, like Jeffress, believe that the book of Revelation (with some supplements from the book of Daniel, Ezekiel, and 1 Thessalonians) provides a template for the end of the world. A central component of their theology is that true Christians will be spared any further suffering because they will be “raptured,” or taken up to heaven, before the final horrors begin. It’s everyone else who will suffer. If all of this sounds somewhat fringe, it’s worth bearing in mind that the apocalyptically styled Left Behind series that was published in the 1990s sold more than 80 million copies.'

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-evangelicals-love-israel

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Temperance said:

If this is only about Israel, then why are their other flags?

Well, I expect it's about missions in general, Israel being one. Somebody upthread mentioned Israel, so that's why we started talking about it. 

My guess would be the flags there are from countries people in that church have gone on missions to? I think maybe the other flags are from Honduras, the Philippines and maybe Bolivia? Like Israel, those are pretty typical destinations for these folks, I think. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

So the Maxwell's big announcement next week is that Teri Maxwell (the mother) has written a new book. Not sure what it is about or the title. The info comes next week to be the big announcement.

Teri offers three thoughts from her test readers about how much they liked the book. The comments are all from women. Two of the women don't have last names. The other woman is Michelle Duggar.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

So the Maxwell's big announcement next week is that Teri Maxwell (the mother) has written a new book. Not sure what it is about or the title. The info comes next week to be the big announcement.

Teri offers three thoughts from her test readers about how much they likeed the book. The comments are all from women. Two of the women don't have last names. The other woman is Michelle Duggar.

Michelle reads?  (raised eyebrow)

• LOL 13
  • Love 1