Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

True dat. I will never forget Evan with the oxygen tank or Carlin with the walker. Really classy.

As a person who unfortunately has had to use both oxygen & a walker (still use) much earlier in life than I expected, I didn't appreciate their spoof at all.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Barb23 said:

As a person who unfortunately has had to use both oxygen & a walker (still use) much earlier in life than I expected, I didn't appreciate their spoof at all.

I didn't either. My mom was on oxygen and used a walker the last two years of her life. I currently have to use a walker and have used one for four years now. I have a wheelchair on hand for bad days or for anything beyond really short distances. 

• Love 8
On 2/17/2019 at 10:48 AM, ginger90 said:

916251E0-8751-4479-8359-8C983E8A21C9.jpeg

rodriguesfamilyservingjesus

We are so blessed to call Timothy our son. ❤ He is studying towards becoming a missionary pilot and while doing it, he is working full time.

Timothy's job is working with special needs men. Well, the other day, Timothy texted me that one of the men hit him SOOO hard in the head that he suffered a concussion! 😫 
Then, a few days later on his way to work, his car started violently slipping on black ice. 😢 He thought he was going to die as the car started spinning out of control. Thank God, a curb forcefully stopped the car, but severely damaged the back end of his car. 😟

So, he went to the repair shop and took some of his HARD EARNED, saved money out to pay to have it fixed. 😭

We thank GOD for His protection on Timothy! ❤ We tell Timothy that he is now on the FRONT lines for Jesus! 
He suffers assaults and attacks from Satan, but he has not let it get him down! ❤ He keeps on keeping on and we are SO pleased with Timothy's godly choices! ❤

All I can do, is pray for him and lift hands towards heaven in Thanksgiving for God's protection and for Timothy's desire to do right! 💛

Bud, we LOVE you! Xoxoxo Many Hugs, Mama and your loving family 💙

Whose HARD EARNED money should he be using for his car repairs??? I think Jill is just confused because Timothy is the only one in the family who even HAS his own hard earned money. She doesn't know how it works. 

Edited by mimionthebeach
  • LOL 4
  • Love 20
35 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

Whose HARD EARNED money should be me using for his car repairs??? I think Jill is just confused because Timothy is the only one in the family who even HAS his own hard earned money. She doesn't know how it works. 

$ that he should be getting for free from someone foolish enough to believe Jill's stories.

Tim got the  job he can get with his credentials. Jill shouldn't be harping on that. What job can he get with Jill's homeschooling?

I wish she sent her kids to an actual school.  Her kids would then at least have a chance.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mimionthebeach said:

Whose HARD EARNED money should be me using for his car repairs??? I think Jill is just confused because Timothy is the only one in the family who even HAS his own hard earned money. She doesn't know how it works. 

Timothy obviously hasn't learnt anything from his dearest mama .

• Love 4

Speaking of Jill R, she got to hang with the Bontragers not too long along ago. 

Allison Bontrager wrote about her Valentines Day for the blog. She's single so she spent the day sending messages to everyone she knows. A lot of her ideas and messages seemed sweet. It did seem a little odd that she wrote messages to her single brothers from their future wives. 

The Botkin sisters are angry with a reviewer who wrote a bad review of one of their books...... ten years ago! They wrote her a letter and everything. The details are on Patheos. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Speaking of Jill R, she got to hang with the Bontragers not too long along ago. 

Allison Bontrager wrote about her Valentines Day for the blog. She's single so she spent the day sending messages to everyone she knows. A lot of her ideas and messages seemed sweet. It did seem a little odd that she wrote messages to her single brothers from their future wives. 

The Botkin sisters are angry with a reviewer who wrote a bad review of one of their books...... ten years ago! They wrote her a letter and everything. The details are on Patheos. 

Thanks for pointing that out. Well worth a read. 

• Love 1
On 2/19/2019 at 1:35 PM, mimionthebeach said:

Whose HARD EARNED money should he be using for his car repairs??? I think Jill is just confused because Timothy is the only one in the family who even HAS his own hard earned money. She doesn't know how it works. 

He had money for jewelry, but not for car repairs?  How f**ked up is that?

Edited by toodles
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, toodles said:

He had money for jewelry, but not for car repairs?  How f**ked up is that?

It's because momma has to stay relevant and the top person in his life, and if "encouraging" Tim to spend his hard earned money on her, in her mind, so be it. 

Stupid. But that's the way things are with her.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, beckie said:

It's because momma has to stay relevant and the top person in his life, and if "encouraging" Tim to spend his hard earned money on her, in her mind, so be it. 

Stupid. But that's the way things are with her.

Did you notice that Jill R. didn't post anything about a Valentine's Day present from her husband?  She cons her teenage son into buying her presents but her husband gives her nothing! 

Counting On.jpg

• Love 15
32 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Did you notice that Jill R. didn't post anything about a Valentine's Day present from her husband?  She cons her teenage son into buying her presents but her husband gives her nothing! 

Counting On.jpg

Oh, I bet he gave her something, all right....

download.jpeg

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Counting On.jpg

Apparently her teenage son's employed.  ...   ;  )

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Nurie has a sweet, lifelong friend who goes to a Baptist college, and they visited!  I can’t believe the Rods are ahead of the Duggars when it come to higher education, although the bar is about as low as it can be. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

Counting On.jpg

I read on Free Jinger that he husband gave her a teddy bear and candy, then took her to dinner and they stalked a Trump hotel (apparently they were in Florida).

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

I read on Free Jinger that he husband gave her a teddy bear and candy, then took her to dinner and they stalked a Trump hotel (apparently they were in Florida).

This is confirmed.   Pictures of the Trump outing were posted 5 days ago on Insta.  Visible as of this post.  Incidentally, she got perfume, too, according to the post.  

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Oceanfront room in a high rise hotel while her children starve. Jill's level of selfishness and narcissism makes Michelle Duggar look like a saint by comparison.

It drives me crazy that some people see these people as carrying the banner for Christianity. 

(And I'm an atheist, for God's sake. But it just ain't right.)  

They aren't carrying a banner for anything but MeMeMeMeMeMeMe.  

• Love 13

To be fair, Jill said that David took her exploring at the Trump hotel.  It doesn’t sound like they were guests there, but were  just walking around the resort.  She did get a teddy bear, candy, perfume, and dinner, all money arguably better spent on feeding their children  

They do go on fairly frequent getaways, just the two of them or with a breastfeeding baby and an older servant, err, child, in tow, presumably to babysit.  They are usually very proud of their trips, showing off pics of the room, adventures, etc.  If they had stayed in a Trump hotel, I’m sure she’d have posted dozens of pictures of their room, with her narcissistic face in every one of them, beaming with pride.

• Love 12

At the risk of offending any teddy bear collectors, how old is this woman? Early 40's I think?

I will admit that when we were dating (read teenagers) my husband got me a couple of stuffed animals.  But by the time we had our children (in our early 30's) the cuddly toys went to the kids.

I can see Jill showing her little ones her new teddy bear and telling them they can't touch- it's MOMMY'S!

• Love 16
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

At the risk of offending any teddy bear collectors, how old is this woman? Early 40's I think?

I will admit that when we were dating (read teenagers) my husband got me a couple of stuffed animals.  But by the time we had our children (in our early 30's) the cuddly toys went to the kids.

I can see Jill showing her little ones her new teddy bear and telling them they can't touch- it's MOMMY'S!

I believe she DOES have a big collection of them in her closet and does not let the kids play wuth them.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Can anyone explain the pic with the arrrows pointing to “our car”?    I can’t see any point in even taking the stupid pic, let alone posting it.

I think I did something like that once on vacation. I sent my grandmother a postcard of our hotel and put an X on the window of our room and wrote "Our room" with an arrow pointing to it.

I was about 9 years old.

Edited by Jeeves
spelling
  • LOL 15
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Is there a Chick-fil-a in Miami close enough to the ocean to see some water? Me thinks Jillybean is manipulating the TRUTH a bit. 

I love this!  .....

On the matter of whether it's the case, however, it looks to me like they were just able to get up to a public hallway with scenic windows on a high floor in the hotel.

That's often pretty easy to do in any big hotel that has top-floor meeting and party rooms instead of guest rooms. You just stroll coolly into the elevator pretending you're on your way to the blockchain conference or the time-share presentation and, voila, you get off on that top floor with the scenic windows all over. 

I'd expect Jill-and-David to be old hands at that kind of sneaking in!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I love this!  .....

On the matter of whether it's the case, however, it looks to me like they were just able to get up to a public hallway with scenic windows on a high floor in the hotel.

That's often pretty easy to do in any big hotel that has top-floor meeting and party rooms instead of guest rooms. You just stroll coolly into the elevator pretending you're on your way to the blockchain conference or the time-share presentation and, voila, you get off on that top floor with the scenic windows all over. 

I'd expect Jill-and-David to be old hands at that kind of sneaking in!

That's what I used to do as a teen at the beach..just go around to high rise hotels and hit the top floor button.It was usually a conf. room,w windows or a balcony.Didn't know adults did that.LOL

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Timothy, her darling child, is on the other side of the country, in a college program that he (supposedly) is funding by himself.  

No money to give him $10 for his textbook.

No money for a plane ticket home for Christmas.  Relied on grifting airline miles to make it happen.  

Yet somehow Greatest Hubby EVAH finds money for dinner out (assuming it’s not Chick Fil-A), candy, perfume, etc. for Valentine’s Day?  If this is true, shame on them— that money should be spent on the 13 mouths they SHOULD be feeding.  When kids are in the picture, there is no more “I want”.  It’s automatically transferred to “the kids need”.

I would be angry if my husband bought me a gift when that money could’ve (and should’ve) gone to feeding/clothing/caring for the kids.

I'd be angry if he wasn't working at least 20 hrs a wk to get food benefits.They would qualify for over 2K/mo to feed the family,but I suppose that would defeat their narrative  of having feeble kids and needing handouts.Not to mention,David doesn't seem to want to work a real job

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, sondraK said:

That's what I used to do as a teen at the beach..just go around to high rise hotels and hit the top floor button.It was usually a conf. room,w windows or a balcony.Didn't know adults did that.LOL

I've done it while traveling sometimes. You can get views you wouldn't get otherwise! 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

What a sweet picture of the two of them!  A real love story.  I love his hand placement showing his love for Josie and the baby!

Too bad they didn't wait a few years before starting a family.  They are so young!  Josie just got started at her job.

As for his hand placement, Fundies love heart hands over pregnant bellies.  It makes me gag.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, lianau said:

In case anyone is interested . This seems to be the college  Nurie's sweet friend is attending . 

Thanks. Glad some kid they know well is at least going somewhere to learn something. 

I guess it mostly teaches how to evangelize. Here's their top blurb -- 

“DO YOU REMEMBER”
...When the term Bible College meant that you were training people directly in the use of the Bible - pastors, church planters, missionaries, evangelists, and Christian educators?
...When you could use the term Bible College and everyone knew what Bible you meant?
...When Bible Colleges would not have accepted accreditation from the world even if the world had offered it?
...When evangelism of a lost and dying world was a top Bible College priority?
...The past glory days of the Bible College movement when Bible College graduates were starting and building dynamic, growing churches?
At Landmark Baptist College we don’t just REMEMBER the glory days of the Bible College movement - WE’RE LIVING THEM!!!

They do have academics other than Bible, but you can see the SOTDRT influence, I think. For example, the most advanced courses in the math department are linear algebra (not bad) and introductory calculus.  Not sure how "College Trigonometry" would differ from just trigonometry. 

Seems to me the website also exhibits some signs that they really don't care much about their non-evangelization classes, either. Here's the complete description of their science department: "This line of study is designed to teach you learn the science of the world around us."

They also need a proofreading course, but I don't see one. Also, none of the links to the course contents seem to work. So -- also need a website-development course. Don't seem to have one of those either. 

And here's the entire list of courses in the history department. TWO are called "History of England." That's as much as the entire world gets altogether. Which seems odd, given that they're big on missions. Guess knowing anything about the people you're missioning to just complicates matters..... And one's called "English literature." Why that's not in the English department it's hard to say.

HI-101 Baptist History

HI-201 World History I

HI-202 World History II

HI-301/302 United States History

HI-303 U.S. Presidents

HI-401 English Literature

HI-402 Geography

HI-403 American Government

HI-404 Bible Geography

HI-405 History of England

HI-501 History of England

HI-502 The Reformation Period

click to see details on all the classes in this course  [except you can't because the links don't work]

I'm sorry. I probably shouldn't find their attempts at edumacation so funny. But I do. 

EMLTA: Quite illuminating and interesting information about present-day America, though. There's a very clear worldview evident in the list of history courses combined with the opening blurb. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

And under HI- 405 History of England it says  

"This is the history of God’s chosen people, the Jews, from Genesis through modern times."

MI-201 Comparative Religions 

"This is a study of other religions with the purpose of spelling out the falsity of the enemies of the Christian faith and the superiority of the faith which was once delivered unto the saints."

Edited by lianau

HI-101

BAPTIST HISTORY
The course surveys Baptist principles and the people who held them from the time of Christ until the present.

Yeah, lots and lots of baptists in Christ's day. Every catholic church had a Baptist Church next door. I think Jesus was circumcised by a moyle in Baptist fellowship hall.

The King James Bible is the basis for all classroom teaching, chapel messages, and student assignments at Landmark Baptist College. Students who cannot accept this have no place at Landmark Baptist College.

This is under their Student Personal Qualifications.

Students are expected to participate in the annual Soulwinning Marathon, including all prior training and preparation sessions.

Soulwinning what.....IT'S A RACE TO CONVERSION. Who cares if you really believe it. CONVERT! WE HAVE TO WIN THE MARATHON.

Average cost per semester is $2500.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:28 PM, Lunera said:

Josie looks like your typical teen mom. She still updates her business Instagram so at least she's not just sitting at home gestating.

Anyone else weirded out/cracking up at the "electronic surveillance" sign on the left? A subtle, inadvertent reminder that women are property and that surveillance is prime in the fundie world? 😛

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
38 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Anyone else weirded out/cracking up at the "electronic surveillance" sign on the left? A subtle, inadvertent reminder that women are property and that surveillance is prime in the fundie world? 😛

They are outside of a Cracker Barrel restaurant which I’m sure has surveillance cameras.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Oh, I know, but it's bizarre that they framed the picture that way. Could have cropped it out or changed the angle or scooted Josie over so they didn't have a dopey surveillance sign in the photo.

• Love 3
On 2/17/2019 at 1:07 PM, ChocolateAddict said:

Jill can fuck right on off. The "special needs men" are not "assaulting and attacking" because of Satan. For people with severe disability, unfortunately hitting and aggression can the only way to communicate distress/pain/anger. Does it suck that Tim was (allegedly) hit? Absolutely. But a bit of Christian forgiveness and love towards the person with disability who does not have the opportunities that Timothy has wouldn't go astray. 

Definitely! And Jill could have simply said that Tim was injured on the job/at work and sustained a concussion.  She didn't even have to mention what his job was.  Everything about how this was worded (even before she got to the Devil stuff) pissed me off. 

On 2/17/2019 at 11:33 PM, P2C2E said:

Also, I've had it up to here with people blaming Satan for their own decisions. 

PREACH!!!!! 

On 2/25/2019 at 9:11 AM, Churchhoney said:

Thanks. Glad some kid they know well is at least going somewhere to learn something. 

I guess it mostly teaches how to evangelize. Here's their top blurb -- 

“DO YOU REMEMBER”
...When the term Bible College meant that you were training people directly in the use of the Bible - pastors, church planters, missionaries, evangelists, and Christian educators?
...When you could use the term Bible College and everyone knew what Bible you meant?
...When Bible Colleges would not have accepted accreditation from the world even if the world had offered it?
...When evangelism of a lost and dying world was a top Bible College priority?
...The past glory days of the Bible College movement when Bible College graduates were starting and building dynamic, growing churches?
At Landmark Baptist College we don’t just REMEMBER the glory days of the Bible College movement - WE’RE LIVING THEM!!!

HI-101 Baptist History

HI-201 World History I

HI-202 World History II

HI-301/302 United States History

HI-303 U.S. Presidents

HI-401 English Literature

HI-402 Geography

HI-403 American Government

HI-404 Bible Geography

HI-405 History of England

HI-501 History of England

HI-502 The Reformation Period

1) They word this like regional accrediting bodies are just giving colleges accreditation nilly-willy and Landmark was just like "Nah, no thanks."  Getting and maintaining real, recognized (regional) accreditation is no walk in the park for colleges/universities and many of them have entire offices/positions full of people whose job is just to gather and analyze info to keep the college accredited and guide it through the reoccurring accreditation processes.

2) Um....who wants to break it to these people that there are more countries/cultures out there than England/English and the US/Anglo-Protestant-Born-Again?  (Silly proposition, I know.) 

3) I still wish Nurie could go here because while it sounds pretty darn awful, it still sounds better than being a servant for Jill and family. Maybe she'd at least learn some new, more toned down make-up techniques from the other girls.  

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Yeah, lots and lots of baptists in Christ's day. Every catholic church had a Baptist Church next door. I think Jesus was circumcised by a moyle in Baptist fellowship hall.

This is under their Student Personal Qualifications.

Soulwinning what.....IT'S A RACE TO CONVERSION. Who cares if you really believe it. CONVERT! WE HAVE TO WIN THE MARATHON.

Average cost per semester is $2500.

I nearly choked to death. That was amazing.

• Love 4