Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

916251E0-8751-4479-8359-8C983E8A21C9.jpeg

rodriguesfamilyservingjesus

We are so blessed to call Timothy our son. ❤ He is studying towards becoming a missionary pilot and while doing it, he is working full time.

Timothy's job is working with special needs men. Well, the other day, Timothy texted me that one of the men hit him SOOO hard in the head that he suffered a concussion! 😫 
Then, a few days later on his way to work, his car started violently slipping on black ice. 😢 He thought he was going to die as the car started spinning out of control. Thank God, a curb forcefully stopped the car, but severely damaged the back end of his car. 😟

So, he went to the repair shop and took some of his HARD EARNED, saved money out to pay to have it fixed. 😭

We thank GOD for His protection on Timothy! ❤ We tell Timothy that he is now on the FRONT lines for Jesus! 
He suffers assaults and attacks from Satan, but he has not let it get him down! ❤ He keeps on keeping on and we are SO pleased with Timothy's godly choices! ❤

All I can do, is pray for him and lift hands towards heaven in Thanksgiving for God's protection and for Timothy's desire to do right! 💛

Bud, we LOVE you! Xoxoxo Many Hugs, Mama and your loving family 💙

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Poor Timothy, but this sounds like a solicitation for $$ help to me

Yeah. Wonder what he drives and what kind of insurance he has on it. Also, if he was hit on the job as she describes, any medical bills would be covered by workers' comp.

• Love 15

I don’t understand why he went all the way across the country to go to school. I live in Western Pennsylvania.  Not far from the Rods but far enough away for Timmy to have independence.  There are excellent vocational schools here that teach airplane mechanics and how to be a pilot.  And there are several churches here that would qualify as “acceptable” to the Rods and their ilk.  Are they THAT afraid of Timmy escaping that they sent him half way across the country to a failing school just so that he would continue to be thought controlled and monitored?  Wouldn’t it be a testament to Timmy’s upbringing if he went to a non-fundie school and emerged with the same morals he entered with?   Just my thoughts.

• Love 20
9 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

I don’t understand why he went all the way across the country to go to school. I live in Western Pennsylvania.  Not far from the Rods but far enough away for Timmy to have independence.  There are excellent vocational schools here that teach airplane mechanics and how to be a pilot.  And there are several churches here that would qualify as “acceptable” to the Rods and their ilk.  Are they THAT afraid of Timmy escaping that they sent him half way across the country to a failing school just so that he would continue to be thought controlled and monitored?  Wouldn’t it be a testament to Timmy’s upbringing if he went to a non-fundie school and emerged with the same morals he entered with?   Just my thoughts.

But if he went to one of the schools near you he might be exposed to HEATHENS at school, even if there were acceptable churches. & these people don’t trust anybody’s morals around women wearing pants, so I doubt that they’d trust his morals to stay intact at a heathen school. 

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

But if he went to one of the schools near you he might be exposed to HEATHENS at school, even if there were acceptable churches. & these people don’t trust anybody’s morals areound women wearing pants, so I doubt that they’d trust his morals to stay intact at a heathen school. 

I have my own school? 😉 

Jill's post is totally money-seeking and attention-whoring to boot. I think Timothy has as much chance of becoming a "missionary pilot" and escaping his mother's clutches as I do of sprouting wings and flying up his nose (tm Monica Geller). 

Edited by Heathen
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

But if he went to one of the schools near you he might be exposed to HEATHENS at school, even if there were acceptable churches. & these people don’t trust anybody’s morals areound women wearing pants, so I doubt that they’d trust his morals to stay intact at a heathen school. 

Yes. And those schools don't have a program to train MISSIONARY pilots/mechanics. (My eyes are rolling so hard I can hardly type that.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

Isn’t that what his “HARD EARNED” money is for? Expenses that arise? Even unexpected ones? Welcome to the real world, kid. Sometimes it sucks. Quit sending gifts to your mom and sis. 🤷‍♀️

No. His hard earned money goes toward presents for HER first, then all those annoying expenses that come up!

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, beckie said:

No. His hard earned money goes toward presents for HER first, then all those annoying expenses that come up!

How could I forget. 🙊

Having such a hard time with this new forum software. Quoting a post, then have to scroll to the bottom of the page to type a reply. Hope they get the kinks worked out. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

How could I forget. 🙊

Having such a hard time with this new forum software. Quoting a post, then have to scroll to the bottom of the page to type a reply. Hope they get the kinks worked out. 

I hate the new forum layout.

Where would Timothy serve as a "missionary pilot"? Does anybody really think Jilly would let him go to a place where "missionary pilots" might actually be needed? If Timothy managed to graduate, and even if he doesn't, he'd be right back to sharing a bedroom with his skeletal little brothers and giving presents to his on-the-market sisters and POS mother. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

“Assaults and attacks from Satan”.

Now a special needs person lashed out due to Satan. That pisses me off.

Not to mention, if anyone had struck Timothy so hard in the head that he suffered a concussion, wouldn't there be photographic evidence that Jill would just HAVE to post? I call BS. 

ETA: Jill R said head, not face. I misread or misremembered, but I do think my point still stands. No way would she not take full advantage of an injury to her beloved firstborn son. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 6

Those are all unfortunate things that happen to ordinary people, Jill. Not some special attack from satan towards Tim because he’s so HARD WORKING and godly. 

And nice use of adverbs- whew!  Violently slipping. Forcefully stopped. Severely damaged. Always dramatizing!  

And, I like the new format!  Looks nice, and works smoothly for me!

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I hate the new forum layout.

Where would Timothy serve as a "missionary pilot"? Does anybody really think Jilly would let him go to a place where "missionary pilots" might actually be needed? If Timothy managed to graduate, and even if he doesn't, he'd be right back to sharing a bedroom with his skeletal little brothers and giving presents to his on-the-market sisters and POS mother. 

I’ll one-up you and say that I despise and abhor it!  I don’t know why well-enough can’t be left alone.  Rant over and off to the prayer closet with a jar of moonshine I go.  It’ll take something that strong to pull me out of the mood I’m in today. 😡

Edited by farmgal4
Left a word out.
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, ChocolateAddict said:

Jill can fuck right on off. The "special needs men" are not "assaulting and attacking" because of Satan. For people with severe disability, unfortunately hitting and aggression can the only way to communicate distress/pain/anger. Does it suck that Tim was (allegedly) hit? Absolutely. But a bit of Christian forgiveness and love towards the person with disability who does not have the opportunities that Timothy has wouldn't go astray. 

Timothy is not on the "front line for Jesus". He's working with men with impairment who deserve carers/aids who value them for who they are. Everything Jill has said leads me to believe that they haven't taught their children this life lesson. For the sake of the men that Timothy works with, I hope that he is more compassionate and generous than his useless dimwit of a mother. I can't imagine that Timothy has any experience working with men with disability before and nothing we've seen suggests that he has the skills to work with vulnerable people. Babysitting younger siblings does not equal the ability to be a good disability support worker. 

By comparing these men with Satan, Jill is being demeaning and cruel. She's suggesting that they aren't loved by God or worthy of compassion. She's a truly vile woman and everything about her just makes me seethe.  

Note: I am presuming (correctly or incorrectly) that the men Timothy is working with have significant impairment. Not a sweeping statement for all people with disability. 

Amen.  My initial reaction to Jill was a resounding fuck.you.  whatever happened to whatsoever you do to the least of my people that you do unto me? Is this not in the fundie bible?

• Love 18
3 hours ago, sugarplum said:

Isn’t that what his “HARD EARNED” money is for? Expenses that arise? Even unexpected ones? Welcome to the real world, kid. Sometimes it sucks. Quit sending gifts to your mom and sis. 🤷‍♀️

Right? I remember saving up money to get my hair highlighted at a fancy salon, and then my dog got sick and ended up at the vet, so there went my hair money. Shit happens. Welcome to the world of adulthood, Tim.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190210-110449_Instagram.thumb.jpg.59d996c56ad621d01117b94156bb0b83.jpg

Meant to post this the other day but forgot. Bin's little sister bought herself a car from working at her job at a salon.

But she's a -- GASP!!-- woman!  Only the umbrella of protection may provide a -- shudder!! -- woman with a car!! 

Mike Seewald, you are allowing your daughters to slip out from under the umbrella! A woman's paycheck is a tool of the devil!  (unless it comes from reality TeeVee or social-media affiliate marketing...in which case the umbrella just nabs it, puts it in the big old family account, and shuts up....) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Damn, Bin's sisters are making him look like a chump. 

Good for Danielle. I wasn't aware she'd finished school.

She still has a few months before she finishes and has already accomplished more than Bin has with 4+ years of schooling. At 19 she has a job and a car, which is way more than Bin has today.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
12 minutes ago, Lunera said:

She still has a few months before she finishes and has already accomplished more than Bin has with 4+ years of schooling. At 19 she has a job and a car, which is way more than Bin has today.

Did Bin at least have his own car before he moved to the TTH to court Jessa?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, sugarplum said:

Oh Timmy. Welcome to adulthood. Sometimes it blows. You're welcome.

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, sugarplum said:

Yup...my first thought (though it's been pretty much brought up by a few people already) was that Jill is not so much upset that Tim had to spend his HARD EARNED money on car repairs, but at how much less her adoring son would now have to send his most precious, godly mamma more flowers, cards, and jewelry.

• Love 16

Now I'm wondering, if maybe Jill has at the back of her mind, that her beloved Timothy will become a pilot and then his "mission"will be to fly mom, pop, and the siblings around to do their "witnessing".

Also, maybe the reason there aren't pictures of Tim's injury, is that Jill wasn't there to exploit him?

• Love 8
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

916251E0-8751-4479-8359-8C983E8A21C9.jpeg

Timothy's job is working with special needs men. Well, the other day, Timothy texted me that one of the men hit him SOOO hard in the head that he suffered a concussion! 😫 
Then, a few days later on his way to work, his car started violently slipping on black ice. 😢 He thought he was going to die as the car started spinning out of control. Thank God, a curb forcefully stopped the car, but severely damaged the back end of his car.

So he sustained a concussion at work and then  went to work a few days later? The workers comp dr didn’t write him out of work for more than a few days? 

If he had a concussion, then had to deal with being out of work, possibly being paid by the workers comp company, then having the car accident, that sounds really stressful. Her account doesn’t add up.

• Love 4

This is assuming that Tim actually has a real job with worker's comp. It's far more likely that it's some church thing and he's being paid under the table. 

Also, I've had it up to here with people blaming Satan for their own decisions. I don't know if Jill was blaming Satan for the injury or the car accident, but either way, it had nothing to do with the devil. Accidents happen. Life happens. There is no cosmic plan. Deal with it.

• Love 19

So the Bates clan had their "I Love You Day" celebration.  There are pictures on Instagram. For some unknown reason they went with a medieval times theme this year.  Or, as Alyssa called it, "mid-evil".  So princesses and knights and some random guy dressed like Hercules.  Kinda odd...

• LOL 9

For anyone who enjoys following the Ardnts, Rick has lately taken to doing Facebook Live "Prayer Sessions" on an almost daily basis.  Several of the boys and ME make comments while he rambles on and on.  Cathy often pays a visit as well.  No mention of Vine Valley, but the kids have talked about penguins.  (I'm not making that up!)  These people never change!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

So the Bates clan had their "I Love You Day" celebration.  There are pictures on Instagram. For some unknown reason they went with a medieval times theme this year.  Or, as Alyssa called it, "mid-evil".  So princesses and knights and some random guy dressed like Hercules.  Kinda odd...

Lol, Kelly did a great job with the homefoolin'. "Mid-evil" theme and several of the guys in gladiator outfits. Apparently the Roman Empire fell much later than what's noted in the history books...

I thought Chad and Erin looked like the most adorable Disney Movie couple ever. Brooklyn seems like a cranky kid. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of her smiling. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Brooklyn seems like a cranky kid. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of her smiling. 

Does this count? Her smile borders on grimacing/ showing teeth. Brooklyn is one of my fave lil fundies because, like Sam Dillard and Davia Waller, she usually looks like she's over her parents' sh*t. (I realize that this is just their natural expressions, but it's still funny.) I wonder if it drives Princess Erin nuts that her toddler doesn't "keep sweet"? Especially considering Carson and Brooklyn are always smiley.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

So he sustained a concussion at work and then  went to work a few days later? The workers comp dr didn’t write him out of work for more than a few days? 

If he had a concussion, then had to deal with being out of work, possibly being paid by the workers comp company, then having the car accident, that sounds really stressful. Her account doesn’t add up.

Does her account ever add up?

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Lol, Kelly did a great job with the homefoolin'. "Mid-evil" theme and several of the guys in gladiator outfits. Apparently the Roman Empire fell much later than what's noted in the history books...

I thought Chad and Erin looked like the most adorable Disney Movie couple ever. Brooklyn seems like a cranky kid. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of her smiling. 

Alyssa was the same Bates who didn't know compass directions. Yeah, not impressed with her. At all.

And I think Brooklyn just has a harsh-looking face. It's something about her eyebrows and eyes. I think she takes after Chad, but on a little girl her age, it just doesn't look right somehow. Sort of like how Davia Waller was born looking like an old lady 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, graefin said:

Alyssa was the same Bates who didn't know compass directions. Yeah, not impressed with her. At all.

And I think Brooklyn just has a harsh-looking face. It's something about her eyebrows and eyes. I think she takes after Chad, but on a little girl her age, it just doesn't look right somehow. Sort of like how Davia Waller was born looking like an old lady 😉

She is my favorite fundie child and I think her little sister is going to be too. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, graefin said:

I agree. Like Davia, Brooklyn has pinched features that give her a major case of RBF. Hopefully she grows out of it. Erin's youngest daughter looks exactly like Alyssa's oldest. 

So Alyssa has edited the caption on the Instagram post to read  "medieval".  There were some comments pointing out her error.  One kind person said she thought "mid-evil" was a clever play on words. 

On second look John's costume looked like a cross between a Roman soldier and a knight.  The helmet was Roman looking, but the tunic seemed a bit more medieval.  The bare legs and feet pushed it back into Roman territory.  But that other guy -no idea who he was- looked exactly like Disney Hercules to me.  

I doubt world history was even on the curriculum at the Bates Academy.  

Erin got to dress like a princess so she must have enjoyed herself immensely.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

The "mid-evil" theme wasn't too bad.  Better than the senior citizen's theme of a past I Love You Day.

True dat. I will never forget Evan with the oxygen tank or Carlin with the walker. Really classy.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6