Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

So when David married her he was super skinny and fit - um, wtf happened?  Oh wait, she bleached her hair and he gained like 100 pounds.  Nurie is allowed to post on momma's IG but can't have her own - again WTF?  

@toodles ignore them and remember that you share your birthday with Susan Sarandon and Alicia Silverstone - I'm pretty sure Susan would demolish JillyR in a conversation - and if that happens may I please have tickets?

That being said HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bringing-up-bates-josie-bates-marries-kelton-balka/

Josie Bates got married. 

The wedding was also attended by family members and friends, including several members of the Duggar family, including Jim Bob, Michelle, Josh, Anna, Jedediah, Joy-Anna and Jackson.

ICYMI, @Lunera posted the First Kiss above all the  Rod anniversary nonsense.

It looks really classy from the small glimpses we can see.

I also think Josie and Kelton have kissed before. They seem to be in a pretty comfortable lip lock.

And ewww, why is Smuggar even being allowed out of his sty? He's like a bad smell that won't go away.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Lunera said:

b2de477a-0df4-45e8-bc69-ee2ae7ce8dc0.thumb.jpg.f495a67bbfaa5e1ad9fa58e6a6660c24.jpg

I like how the bridesmaids got to choose the style of their dress but kept the color pink/champagne.

Maybe it’s the angle, but Alyssa almost looks like she has a baby bump. I hope she’s not expecting again already. 

Interesting that a Leanne Marshall (Project Runway winner) made Josie’s gown. I’ll be interested to get a better look, but what we can see looks beautiful.  Good for Josie not settling for a Frankendress from Miss Renee (gag). 

All the bouquets are large, but Josie’s is downright enormous. I think it’s wider than she is.   Those two definitely don’t look awkward kissing. Good for them. 

• Love 7

David used to look so much better!!  Wow, what a toll “doing life” with Jill must take!  Those photos look older than 1997!  We were married in 1992 and the pics look more modern than those!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, toodles said:

Well this just blows.  Their anniversary is the same date as my birthday.??  ugh

And my Dad's birthday.

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

TRUE GODLY, OCTOBER 4, 1997 and NEVER. Poor Nurie, her Mama hasn't fully taught her the art of emphasizing words yet. How is she going to find a headship with that monotone post?

Sounds like Jill wrote it.

• Love 5

I hate pregnancy speculation (since it's so often wrong), but Alyssa looked less pregnant five days after she spawned the last one. 

Somebody should call out Jilly R on her ungodly hair bleach. Also, how typical of her to write "21 years ago today" AND the date. Maybe she thinks we're all like some fundies and are too stupid to calculate the date she officially snagged David. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 2

I said the same thing about Alyssa over on the Bates thread. I know shiny material can make you look like you have bulges when the light hits it in an unflattering way,  but Alyssa definitely looks preggers. 

Regarding Josie, it looks like she's hauling a shrub down the aisle. You can't even see her dress.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, lianau said:

here are the names of Agape's siblings 

Enoch , Alatheia , Timothy, Nehemiah, Elijah , Charis , Sophia, Stephen, Isaiah and Caleb 

I like the how the girls' names are all Greek virtue names. Alatheia means honesty, Charis means grace, Sophia means wisdom, and Agape is translated to unconditional love. It shows somebody put some thought into them instead of picking from the limited list of women mentioned in the Bible.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I said the same thing about Alyssa over on the Bates thread. I know shiny material can make you look like you have bulges when the light hits it in an unflattering way,  but Alyssa definitely looks preggers. 

Regarding Josie, it looks like she's hauling a shrub down the aisle. You can't even see her dress.

I defintately think she’s oregnant if you look at other pics she’s def got a bump!

• Love 2

From what I've seen on Instagram, I thought she pulled off the theme pretty well. Nice dresses, no overload of kitschy decorations and a beautiful backdrop for the ceremony. I think her only misstep was that ginormous bouquet. It overwhelmed her and hid the "wow factor" of the dress because you could barely see it as she came down the aisle. As far as Fundie weddings go though, this was a win.

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

From what I've seen on Instagram, I thought she pulled off the theme pretty well. Nice dresses, no overload of kitschy decorations and a beautiful backdrop for the ceremony. I think her only misstep was that ginormous bouquet. It overwhelmed her and hid the "wow factor" of the dress because you could barely see it as she came down the aisle. As far as Fundie weddings go though, this was a win.

Ditto. If she was a bigger girl, the bouquet may have been proportional, but she’s a size 0/2, she needed something smaller so we could see the dress. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Was the theme beauty queens and game show co-hosts?

11 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20181005-213318.thumb.jpg.58a7df5c3a6f73c8b4162210003b9fe7.jpg

I really hope it's the angle. Alyssa just gave birth in late March to her 3rd baby and she's only just 23.

Whoever this is, she looks ready to touch the letters on Wheel of Fortune.

• Love 17
13 hours ago, BitterApple said:

And ewww, why is Smuggar even being allowed out of his sty? He's like a bad smell that won't go away.

Exactly.  It's not  like it was one of the older boys like Lawson or Zach that got married, someone he hung around with when they were younger & the families met up. I guess that's why Jana wasn't listed among the Duggars who attended.  She was home watching the M's.

4 hours ago, awaken said:

Not only in jeans, but tight jeans!  

And  larger scoop necklines with no modesty shirts underneath.  It looks like the necklines were trimmed in gold piping. Modesty shirts would have looked awful under them. Go girls!!

I loved the outdoor wedding.  It seems like a lot of the Bates get-togethers are held at parks so why not a wedding?

I'm on the fence about Alyssa & possible pregnancy.   It's the first thing I thought when I saw the pictures but it may be the dress.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, awaken said:

Not only in jeans, but tight jeans!  

And the girls who are wearing skirts are in some pretty tight ones.  Those Bates girls had a lot of fashion sense hidden under their prairie dresses. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bringing-up-bates-josie-bates-marries-kelton-balka/

Josie Bates got married. 

The wedding was also attended by family members and friends, including several members of the Duggar family, including Jim Bob, Michelle, Josh, Anna, Jedediah, Joy-Anna and Jackson.

I agree that why on earth would they invite Josh??? Or maybe they didn't, they invited Boob and Mechelle and said we've got room for like 10 of you and let Boob choose who to bring?

I'm also wondering if they meant Johannah and not Joy-Anna.  I'm guessing that Joy is still breast feeding Gideon so she would need to bring the baby with her rather than just dumping him at TTH for Jana to watch.  I looked it up - it's a 10 1/2 or 11 1/2 hour drive, depending on which route they would take or an almost 4 hour flight to Knoxville and then drive from there.  Is Jedediah a pilot as well or did they spend like 3 days in the stink bus - drive up, day 1, wedding - day 2, drive back - day 3?

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I agree that why on earth would they invite Josh??? Or maybe they didn't, they invited Boob and Mechelle and said we've got room for like 10 of you and let Boob choose who to bring?

Probably it was who had time and who wanted to attend. I think they meant Johanna as well. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

I'm guessing that Joy is still breast feeding Gideon so she would need to bring the baby with her rather than just dumping him at TTH for Jana to watch.  I looked it up - it's a 10 1/2 or 11 1/2 hour drive, depending on which route they would take or an almost 4 hour flight to Knoxville and then drive from there.  Is Jedediah a pilot as well or did they spend like 3 days in the stink bus - drive up, day 1, wedding - day 2, drive back - day 3?

It's not unusual for Fundie wives who are in advanced pregnancy, recovering from birth or nursing to be dragged all over the country at their headship's whim. A woman's physical comfort means very little to this crowd. The Duggars did it to Anna, David Waller did it to Priscilla and if Jim Bob demanded that Joy and Austin make the trek to this wedding (so that he could show off his latest married daughter, son-in-law and grandchild), she wouldn't have much choice. Not saying that this is what actually happened, but it's certainly possible.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Heathen said:

That article was incredibly poorly written. The media is really dumbing down, isn't it? 

Or maybe they are just writing for the people they think will read it - Duggars and JillyR?  Meanwhile the writer is probably now saying, Wait, what? There's a Joy-Anna AND a Johannah - WTF is wrong with these people?

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Someone here called it. They threw Tori's baby shower while everyone was still in town. 

I feel like my eyes are short-circuiting due to the dizzying array of stripes, dots and prints going on in that photo.

• Love 7

Based on the photos on the Up tv site, I think Erin might be pregnant. In one photo she has her hands clasped under her midsection - the classic "see my pregnancy" pose.

www.uptv.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/josie-bates-kelton-balka-wedding-gallery-family.jpg

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

Based on the photos on the Up tv site, I think Erin might be pregnant. In one photo she has her hands clasped under her midsection - the classic "see my pregnancy" pose.

www.uptv.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/josie-bates-kelton-balka-wedding-gallery-family.jpg

Erin's face sure looks puffy. I call pregnant too.

If those were the Duggar girls, everyone would be asking and complaining, "where are their kids?"

2 minutes ago, Still breathing said:

Wait which one is Erin?  I’m confused 

The one on the end of the baby shower photo. Purple skirt, polka dot top. Her sister Alyssa is next to her. Alyssa was the matron of honor in the Ginger Grant dress, who people also speculated could be pregnant. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Still breathing said:

Wait which one is Erin?  I’m confused 

Erin is the sister on the very far right in the shower picture. Her face looks puffy and her billowy top might be a give a way that she is pregnant.