Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other TLC Families Thread)

Recommended Posts

On 9/8/2018 at 7:20 PM, BradandJanet said:

Looks like Jill is putting Nurie up on the marriage auction circuit again. Somewhere there's a rich old man looking for a submissive wife who strives to please. Nurie may be a great help cooking, cleaning, and kid wrangling in the RV, but she'll be a bigger asset if she can send cash home weekly. 

...but is there a guy that is willing to have Jill for a mother-in-law? 

On 9/13/2018 at 2:42 PM, Natalie68 said:

I just watched the GREG rant and tried to watch the mowing rant.  She seems to me on the edge.  Not surprising if she is.  I didn't get through the mowing one, her husband was inside while she did this?  If its hot as balls I would prefer to share the pain of working out in it.  I wonder if she has someone who can help her with her own laundry room breakdown?  I do think her husband should have let her tell Greg a thing or two about asking a woman when her other kids are due (twins at that!).  Its never too soon for a man/woman to learn you NEVER ask if someone is expecting.  It sounded like Greg was deserving of a new asshole to be ripped.

I wouldn't "count on" Michelle it seems the 2 families aren't as close as they once were. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Terri Maxwell posted a recipe for chicken and chipped beef (which I've never had). Jill Dillard may try it next.

That recipe was very popular in Louisiana a bunch of years ago.  We had it served to us a bunch of times.  I'm sure Jilly Muffin will find a way to make it questionable.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

Terri Maxwell posted a recipe for chicken and chipped beef (which I've never had). Jill Dillard may try it next.

Seems right up Jill's alley.  Cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and processed luncheon meat.  What is it with fundies and the cream of mushroom soup?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, truthtalk2014 said:

Seems right up Jill's alley.  Cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and processed luncheon meat.  What is it with fundies and the cream of mushroom soup?

Cheap, fast, and easy. I hope no one with high blood pressure is eating that meal. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

That recipe was very popular in Louisiana a bunch of years ago.  We had it served to us a bunch of times.  I'm sure Jilly Muffin will find a way to make it questionable.

The one Teri made was questionable enough for me, but it's not a food I'm familiar with. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

51 minutes ago, Temperance said:

The one Teri made was questionable enough for me, but it's not a food I'm familiar with. 

There are a lot of them out there.  Here are two.  But Mr. Google comes up with a lot of variations on a theme.  

https://www.martysmusings.net/2012/12/chicken-and-chipped-beef.html

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/company-chicken-with-dried-beef-38366

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, truthtalk2014 said:

Seems right up Jill's alley.  Cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and processed luncheon meat.  What is it with fundies and the cream of mushroom soup?

 

Cream of mushroom soup was a necessary ingredient for a lot of '50s and 60's style casseroles.  Throw stuff in a dish, pour cream of mushroom soup over it, bake, and voila!  I suspect that fundies are cooking out of the same cookbook.

My mother has a recipe for tuna fish and noodles that is essentially tuna, egg noodles, and cream of mushroom soup.  I've been known to make it with lower-sodium soup, and it's a comfort food for me.  I don't recommend it on a regular basis.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Fosca said:

 

Cream of mushroom soup was a necessary ingredient for a lot of '50s and 60's style casseroles.  Throw stuff in a dish, pour cream of mushroom soup over it, bake, and voila!  I suspect that fundies are cooking out of the same cookbook.

My mother has a recipe for tuna fish and noodles that is essentially tuna, egg noodles, and cream of mushroom soup.  I've been known to make it with lower-sodium soup, and it's a comfort food for me.  I don't recommend it on a regular basis.

When I was young my dad was a fish hater (ex-Catholic rebellion, really) so I would BEG for tuna noodle casserolle on sleepovers. Total comfort food and the moms were glad to have a guest so easily satisfied. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

5ba14fbb80124_ScreenShot2018-09-18at12_18_45PM.thumb.png.e0ba3a79377369e4d9622f637f9fbfec.png

Jill posted photos of her kids having a blast playing together.  6 of them get to ride their bikes around in a circle on a small slab of cement.  That is so sad.  Not to mention that the 3 oldest girls are riding, one is just out of frame past the boy in the pink and white shirt, in ankle length skirts and barefoot for f*ck's sake.  Who  gets to go to the ER next?  I rode barefoot once as a kid.  Once.  Yes there was an ER visit involved because we crashed on a metal cattle guard.  I can't imagine what would happen in one of the skirts got caught in the bike chains or such.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Fosca said:

 

Cream of mushroom soup was a necessary ingredient for a lot of '50s and 60's style casseroles.  Throw stuff in a dish, pour cream of mushroom soup over it, bake, and voila!  I suspect that fundies are cooking out of the same cookbook.

My mother has a recipe for tuna fish and noodles that is essentially tuna, egg noodles, and cream of mushroom soup.  I've been known to make it with lower-sodium soup, and it's a comfort food for me.  I don't recommend it on a regular basis.

Same for Mr. lookeyloo.  I don't like it.  I make it for him.  He likes elbow macaroni.  And I discovered an Instant Pot recipe and he is happy with that, but, dishes it out to melt cheese over it in the oven.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

5ba14fbb80124_ScreenShot2018-09-18at12_18_45PM.thumb.png.e0ba3a79377369e4d9622f637f9fbfec.png

Jill posted photos of her kids having a blast playing together.  6 of them get to ride their bikes around in a circle on a small slab of cement.  That is so sad.  Not to mention that the 3 oldest girls are riding, one is just out of frame past the boy in the pink and white shirt, in ankle length skirts and barefoot for f*ck's sake.  Who  gets to go to the ER next?  I rode barefoot once as a kid.  Once.  Yes there was an ER visit involved because we crashed on a metal cattle guard.  I can't imagine what would happen in one of the skirts got caught in the bike chains or such.

I’m curious what the sign said that was on Kaylee’s back.

Is Timothy back home? She mentioned 13 siblings.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m curious what the sign said that was on Kaylee’s back.

Is Timothy back home? She mentioned 13 siblings.

No sign of Timothy yet, I think she's just stuck on the #13.

Pic on Kaylee's back5ba175df8d281_ScreenShot2018-09-18at3_01_42PM.png.3fd5a1d10a9ec068d12fc15a175825fa.png

Their handwriting is awful, they misspelled Incredible at first and what does this say about how her siblings feel towards her?

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

No sign of Timothy yet, I think she's just stuck on the #13.

Pic on Kaylee's back5ba175df8d281_ScreenShot2018-09-18at3_01_42PM.png.3fd5a1d10a9ec068d12fc15a175825fa.png

Their handwriting is awful, they misspelled Incredible at first and what does this say about how her siblings feel towards her?

Oh look, they're capitalizing random words. Guess it's not just Jill.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, madpsych78 said:

Oh look, they're capitalizing random words. Guess it's not just Jill.

Jill does run their homeschooling.  Random capitalization and punctuation are probably part of the curriculum.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

Mean-spirited humor and fundies go together well. It looks like a punishment to me probably from the nineteenth century. I would think Jill is pissed at her.

That bike picture is awful. The worst part is no helmets.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Mean-spirited humor and fundies go together well. It looks like a punishment to me probably from the nineteenth century. I would think Jill is pissed at her.

That bike picture is awful. The worst part is no helmets.

Thanks @Temperance - I totally missed the no helmets I was so horrified in the bare feet and ankle length skirts.  Definitely a trip to the ER in the future.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

Mean-spirited humor and fundies go together well. It looks like a punishment to me probably from the nineteenth century. I would think Jill is pissed at her.

That bike picture is awful. The worst part is no helmets.

So true.  I have an aunt and uncle who are somewhat fundie.  Growing up they constantly used the word fellowshipping and I detest that word to this day.  They also had a cruel sense of humor.  They teased people and made fun of their kids for having normal feelings and emotions.  All their kids turned out really rebellious and did lots of crazy things.  They were allowed to go to public school, so they had connections to the outside world, unlike Jilly's poor captives.  I guess Jilly would tell you that's where they went wrong.  The fellowshipping and teasing were correct, but that damn education and socialization gave those kids the opportunity to let Satan build a pillow fortress in their hearts.  Personally, I wish the R kids had the wherewithal to rebel, but I don't see it happening. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

The bike riding without helmets is one thing. But doing it without shoes, totally another.  I went bike riding in flip flops when I was around 10 years old.  Similar situation, my friends and I riding in a circle like this.  A girl came too close, her front wheel hooked onto mine, and we both went down.  I nearly lost a toe.  15 stitches later they saved my toe but it could’ve been prevented if my mom had actually paid attention to what I was doing and what I was wearing to do it.  

In this instance Jilly Bean was probably coaxing them to do this...the picture of carefree kids.    All for “likes”.  Truly sad.  

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Try cooking and prepping and washing up for 15 people using that tiny sink! I've been a Rod Blog reader for years and Jill rarely, if ever, shows fixing meals. No mention of what they eat, excepting the Nice Olive Garden and hubby's heaping snack plates.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, louannems said:

Try cooking and prepping and washing up for 15 people using that tiny sink! I've been a Rod Blog reader for years and Jill rarely, if ever, shows fixing meals. No mention of what they eat, excepting the Nice Olive Garden and hubby's heaping snack plates.

Maybe lots of instant noodles and tuna from cans.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/14/2018 at 9:24 PM, LisaWl7TR said:

I wouldn't "count on" Michelle it seems the 2 families aren't as close as they once were. 

When has Michelle ever helped anyone?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, louannems said:

Try cooking and prepping and washing up for 15 people using that tiny sink! I've been a Rod Blog reader for years and Jill rarely, if ever, shows fixing meals. No mention of what they eat, excepting the Nice Olive Garden and hubby's heaping snack plates.

Fascinating that they don’t mention much about meals, other than fasting or the parents going out on dates. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

It looks like there is a dishwasher, so she may have been washing the pots & pans. The sink looks like a typical double sink, which I prefer over a single farmhouse sink.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't have a dishwasher (older apt gone condo). Give me the single sink any day! I've had experience with double sinks but just don't find them workable. I get the concept, but even assuming a dishwasher, if the sink is too small to accommodate pots and pans, what's the use? 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't have a dishwasher (older apt gone condo). Give me the single sink any day! I've had experience with double sinks but just don't find them workable. I get the concept, but even assuming a dishwasher, if the sink is too small to accommodate pots and pans, what's the use? 

I totally agree.  We just went through a complete kitchen remodel, and I couldn't wait to get rid of that double sink.  I couldn't soak a large handled pan in the double, and it annoyed me for years.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I totally agree.  We just went through a complete kitchen remodel, and I couldn't wait to get rid of that double sink.  I couldn't soak a large handled pan in the double, and it annoyed me for years.

I'm having that issue now. Anytime I'm cooking for a crowd and using my large pans, I have to wash them in the utility sink in our laundry room. It's a total pain in the ass. If I ever redo my kitchen, the double sink will be the first thing to go.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm having that issue now. Anytime I'm cooking for a crowd and using my large pans, I have to wash them in the utility sink in our laundry room. It's a total pain in the ass. If I ever redo my kitchen, the double sink will be the first thing to go.

Just remodeled my kitchen, got a double sink, extra deep.  One side is extra wide, the other a narrower vegetable sink that holds a wire rack perfectly which makes it great for drying stuff you don't want in the dishwasher.  Highly recommend.

As for Jill, I am sure the children do all the pots and pans because they wouldn't want Mama to ruin her manicure.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/ORX110.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=ORX110&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl9fvls7H3QIVFMDICh0TNQXCEAQYASABEgJgFfD_BwE

This is the one I got, twice!  Once when we redid the kitchen in other state, and then again when we redid kitchen in this state.  Also got that grid thing for the right side for drying.  Easy to lift up.  Best of both worlds.  I grew up with one big sink in the NJ area, and moved around where two sinks were common and never did like them.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/ORX110.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=ORX110&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl9fvls7H3QIVFMDICh0TNQXCEAQYASABEgJgFfD_BwE

This is the one I got, twice!  Once when we redid the kitchen in other state, and then again when we redid kitchen in this state.  Also got that grid thing for the right side for drying.  Easy to lift up.  Best of both worlds.  I grew up with one big sink in the NJ area, and moved around where two sinks were common and never did like them.  

Ooooooo! I like that! We'll probably be updating our kitchen in the next year or so, and I think I'll save this link. I've generally always had double sinks, which I like for times that dishes need to be done by hand, but with something that size, it would be easy to put a separate dish tub things for wash and rinse water. and still have a nice big space for oversize things when just soaking is called for. 

Share this post


Link to post

This is the same shape as my double sink.  Mine is very deep, and I have a roll-up drying "rack" that fits over the narrower side.  I really like the roll-up rack/mat thingy, since it can roll up and be kept under the sink until I need it.  I have found this to be a very functional sink, but it would not be if it was not nice and deep.

Share this post


Link to post

No, but she stated on her radio show that since Tim is working, he will not be home for Christmas.

He probably cannot afford it and god forbid Jill to use any future monies for her ticket to be used for Tim to fly home for the holidays.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, louannems said:

No, but she stated on her radio show that since Tim is working, he will not be home for Christmas.

He probably cannot afford it and god forbid Jill to use any future monies for her ticket to be used for Tim to fly home for the holidays.

Radio show?  Are you serious?  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Radio show?  Are you serious?  

I'm sure it's one of those very tiny, local only radio stations.

 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/%3Fpage_id%3D174&ved=2ahUKEwiDoLOug9LdAhX5GzQIHX6aAvUQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2RQ7EdZvYD5unpjitC59xX&cshid=1537736690236

She speaks every Saturday morning on WVGV. 89.7 FM

Edited by louannems
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, louannems said:

Yes, exactly - like public access TV, only public access radio. 

Unfortunately, I'm sure an outlet like that feeds lots of Jill's delusions of grandeur.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

49 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I was raised in New England and traveled to Maine quite frequently as a child. I don't know whether to be flattered or horrified that Evan proposed in my original neck of the woods. The backdrop sure made for some gorgeous photos though, and I absolutely love Carlin's ring. I think her wedding planning will be much more enjoyable to watch than sourpuss Tori's.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I was raised in New England and traveled to Maine quite frequently as a child. I don't know whether to be flattered or horrified that Evan proposed in my original neck of the woods. The backdrop sure made for some gorgeous photos though, and I absolutely love Carlin's ring. I think her wedding planning will be much more enjoyable to watch than sourpuss Tori's.

I'm from New England as well and vacationed in Maine many times. It made me wonder if I'd notice/recognize a Bates or Duggar IRL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, wait.what said:

They danced?

The Bateses don't demonize dancing like the Duggars. They don't dance in public but Kelly has said before that she enjoys a romantic waltz between married couples, it's just the close up sexual dancing they have a problem with. She says that they have practiced square dancing at home and in an episode she even encouraged Trace to take dancing lessons when he was auditioning for the Dixie stampede. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Lunera said:

The Bateses don't demonize dancing like the Duggars. They don't dance in public but Kelly has said before that she enjoys a romantic waltz between married couples, it's just the close up sexual dancing they have a problem with. She says that they have practiced square dancing at home and in an episode she even encouraged Trace to take dancing lessons when he was auditioning for the Dixie stampede. 

The idea that the Bates dance, and admit it, and then just refuse to dance on television is just odd to me. I could understand if they said they don't well enough for televsion.  As for Trace dancing, those Bates young men defraud women enough standing still. I guess you don't need them to dance, when you can post a photo of a boy with his shirt off or faux-getting married.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size