Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Terri Maxwell posted a recipe for chicken and chipped beef (which I've never had). Jill Dillard may try it next.

That recipe was very popular in Louisiana a bunch of years ago.  We had it served to us a bunch of times.  I'm sure Jilly Muffin will find a way to make it questionable.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

Terri Maxwell posted a recipe for chicken and chipped beef (which I've never had). Jill Dillard may try it next.

Seems right up Jill's alley.  Cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and processed luncheon meat.  What is it with fundies and the cream of mushroom soup?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, truthtalk2014 said:

Seems right up Jill's alley.  Cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and processed luncheon meat.  What is it with fundies and the cream of mushroom soup?

Cheap, fast, and easy. I hope no one with high blood pressure is eating that meal. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

That recipe was very popular in Louisiana a bunch of years ago.  We had it served to us a bunch of times.  I'm sure Jilly Muffin will find a way to make it questionable.

The one Teri made was questionable enough for me, but it's not a food I'm familiar with. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, truthtalk2014 said:

Cream of mushroom soup was a necessary ingredient for a lot of '50s and 60's style casseroles.  Throw stuff in a dish, pour cream of mushroom soup over it, bake, and voila!  I suspect that fundies are cooking out of the same cookbook.

My mother has a recipe for tuna fish and noodles that is essentially tuna, egg noodles, and cream of mushroom soup.  I've been known to make it with lower-sodium soup, and it's a comfort food for me.  I don't recommend it on a regular basis.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Fosca said:

Cream of mushroom soup was a necessary ingredient for a lot of '50s and 60's style casseroles.  Throw stuff in a dish, pour cream of mushroom soup over it, bake, and voila!  I suspect that fundies are cooking out of the same cookbook.

My mother has a recipe for tuna fish and noodles that is essentially tuna, egg noodles, and cream of mushroom soup.  I've been known to make it with lower-sodium soup, and it's a comfort food for me.  I don't recommend it on a regular basis.

When I was young my dad was a fish hater (ex-Catholic rebellion, really) so I would BEG for tuna noodle casserolle on sleepovers. Total comfort food and the moms were glad to have a guest so easily satisfied. 

• Love 6

5ba14fbb80124_ScreenShot2018-09-18at12_18_45PM.thumb.png.e0ba3a79377369e4d9622f637f9fbfec.png

Jill posted photos of her kids having a blast playing together.  6 of them get to ride their bikes around in a circle on a small slab of cement.  That is so sad.  Not to mention that the 3 oldest girls are riding, one is just out of frame past the boy in the pink and white shirt, in ankle length skirts and barefoot for f*ck's sake.  Who  gets to go to the ER next?  I rode barefoot once as a kid.  Once.  Yes there was an ER visit involved because we crashed on a metal cattle guard.  I can't imagine what would happen in one of the skirts got caught in the bike chains or such.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Fosca said:

Same for Mr. lookeyloo.  I don't like it.  I make it for him.  He likes elbow macaroni.  And I discovered an Instant Pot recipe and he is happy with that, but, dishes it out to melt cheese over it in the oven.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

5ba14fbb80124_ScreenShot2018-09-18at12_18_45PM.thumb.png.e0ba3a79377369e4d9622f637f9fbfec.png

Jill posted photos of her kids having a blast playing together.  6 of them get to ride their bikes around in a circle on a small slab of cement.  That is so sad.  Not to mention that the 3 oldest girls are riding, one is just out of frame past the boy in the pink and white shirt, in ankle length skirts and barefoot for f*ck's sake.  Who  gets to go to the ER next?  I rode barefoot once as a kid.  Once.  Yes there was an ER visit involved because we crashed on a metal cattle guard.  I can't imagine what would happen in one of the skirts got caught in the bike chains or such.

I’m curious what the sign said that was on Kaylee’s back.

Is Timothy back home? She mentioned 13 siblings.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m curious what the sign said that was on Kaylee’s back.

Is Timothy back home? She mentioned 13 siblings.

No sign of Timothy yet, I think she's just stuck on the #13.

Pic on Kaylee's back5ba175df8d281_ScreenShot2018-09-18at3_01_42PM.png.3fd5a1d10a9ec068d12fc15a175825fa.png

Their handwriting is awful, they misspelled Incredible at first and what does this say about how her siblings feel towards her?

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

No sign of Timothy yet, I think she's just stuck on the #13.

Pic on Kaylee's back5ba175df8d281_ScreenShot2018-09-18at3_01_42PM.png.3fd5a1d10a9ec068d12fc15a175825fa.png

Their handwriting is awful, they misspelled Incredible at first and what does this say about how her siblings feel towards her?

Oh look, they're capitalizing random words. Guess it's not just Jill.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Mean-spirited humor and fundies go together well. It looks like a punishment to me probably from the nineteenth century. I would think Jill is pissed at her.

That bike picture is awful. The worst part is no helmets.

Thanks @Temperance - I totally missed the no helmets I was so horrified in the bare feet and ankle length skirts.  Definitely a trip to the ER in the future.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

Mean-spirited humor and fundies go together well. It looks like a punishment to me probably from the nineteenth century. I would think Jill is pissed at her.

That bike picture is awful. The worst part is no helmets.

So true.  I have an aunt and uncle who are somewhat fundie.  Growing up they constantly used the word fellowshipping and I detest that word to this day.  They also had a cruel sense of humor.  They teased people and made fun of their kids for having normal feelings and emotions.  All their kids turned out really rebellious and did lots of crazy things.  They were allowed to go to public school, so they had connections to the outside world, unlike Jilly's poor captives.  I guess Jilly would tell you that's where they went wrong.  The fellowshipping and teasing were correct, but that damn education and socialization gave those kids the opportunity to let Satan build a pillow fortress in their hearts.  Personally, I wish the R kids had the wherewithal to rebel, but I don't see it happening. 

• Love 8

The bike riding without helmets is one thing. But doing it without shoes, totally another.  I went bike riding in flip flops when I was around 10 years old.  Similar situation, my friends and I riding in a circle like this.  A girl came too close, her front wheel hooked onto mine, and we both went down.  I nearly lost a toe.  15 stitches later they saved my toe but it could’ve been prevented if my mom had actually paid attention to what I was doing and what I was wearing to do it.  

In this instance Jilly Bean was probably coaxing them to do this...the picture of carefree kids.    All for “likes”.  Truly sad.  

• Love 12

Try cooking and prepping and washing up for 15 people using that tiny sink! I've been a Rod Blog reader for years and Jill rarely, if ever, shows fixing meals. No mention of what they eat, excepting the Nice Olive Garden and hubby's heaping snack plates.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, louannems said:

Try cooking and prepping and washing up for 15 people using that tiny sink! I've been a Rod Blog reader for years and Jill rarely, if ever, shows fixing meals. No mention of what they eat, excepting the Nice Olive Garden and hubby's heaping snack plates.

Maybe lots of instant noodles and tuna from cans.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Fascinating that they don’t mention much about meals, other than fasting or the parents going out on dates. 

• Love 5

I don't have a dishwasher (older apt gone condo). Give me the single sink any day! I've had experience with double sinks but just don't find them workable. I get the concept, but even assuming a dishwasher, if the sink is too small to accommodate pots and pans, what's the use? 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't have a dishwasher (older apt gone condo). Give me the single sink any day! I've had experience with double sinks but just don't find them workable. I get the concept, but even assuming a dishwasher, if the sink is too small to accommodate pots and pans, what's the use? 

I totally agree.  We just went through a complete kitchen remodel, and I couldn't wait to get rid of that double sink.  I couldn't soak a large handled pan in the double, and it annoyed me for years.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I totally agree.  We just went through a complete kitchen remodel, and I couldn't wait to get rid of that double sink.  I couldn't soak a large handled pan in the double, and it annoyed me for years.

I'm having that issue now. Anytime I'm cooking for a crowd and using my large pans, I have to wash them in the utility sink in our laundry room. It's a total pain in the ass. If I ever redo my kitchen, the double sink will be the first thing to go.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm having that issue now. Anytime I'm cooking for a crowd and using my large pans, I have to wash them in the utility sink in our laundry room. It's a total pain in the ass. If I ever redo my kitchen, the double sink will be the first thing to go.

Just remodeled my kitchen, got a double sink, extra deep.  One side is extra wide, the other a narrower vegetable sink that holds a wire rack perfectly which makes it great for drying stuff you don't want in the dishwasher.  Highly recommend.

As for Jill, I am sure the children do all the pots and pans because they wouldn't want Mama to ruin her manicure.

• Love 12

https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/ORX110.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=ORX110&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl9fvls7H3QIVFMDICh0TNQXCEAQYASABEgJgFfD_BwE

This is the one I got, twice!  Once when we redid the kitchen in other state, and then again when we redid kitchen in this state.  Also got that grid thing for the right side for drying.  Easy to lift up.  Best of both worlds.  I grew up with one big sink in the NJ area, and moved around where two sinks were common and never did like them.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/ORX110.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=ORX110&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl9fvls7H3QIVFMDICh0TNQXCEAQYASABEgJgFfD_BwE

This is the one I got, twice!  Once when we redid the kitchen in other state, and then again when we redid kitchen in this state.  Also got that grid thing for the right side for drying.  Easy to lift up.  Best of both worlds.  I grew up with one big sink in the NJ area, and moved around where two sinks were common and never did like them.  

Ooooooo! I like that! We'll probably be updating our kitchen in the next year or so, and I think I'll save this link. I've generally always had double sinks, which I like for times that dishes need to be done by hand, but with something that size, it would be easy to put a separate dish tub things for wash and rinse water. and still have a nice big space for oversize things when just soaking is called for. 

This is the same shape as my double sink.  Mine is very deep, and I have a roll-up drying "rack" that fits over the narrower side.  I really like the roll-up rack/mat thingy, since it can roll up and be kept under the sink until I need it.  I have found this to be a very functional sink, but it would not be if it was not nice and deep.

No, but she stated on her radio show that since Tim is working, he will not be home for Christmas.

He probably cannot afford it and god forbid Jill to use any future monies for her ticket to be used for Tim to fly home for the holidays.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, louannems said:

No, but she stated on her radio show that since Tim is working, he will not be home for Christmas.

He probably cannot afford it and god forbid Jill to use any future monies for her ticket to be used for Tim to fly home for the holidays.

Radio show?  Are you serious?  

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Radio show?  Are you serious?  

I'm sure it's one of those very tiny, local only radio stations.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/%3Fpage_id%3D174&ved=2ahUKEwiDoLOug9LdAhX5GzQIHX6aAvUQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2RQ7EdZvYD5unpjitC59xX&cshid=1537736690236

She speaks every Saturday morning on WVGV. 89.7 FM

Edited by louannems
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, louannems said:

Yes, exactly - like public access TV, only public access radio. 

Unfortunately, I'm sure an outlet like that feeds lots of Jill's delusions of grandeur.

• Love 10
49 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I was raised in New England and traveled to Maine quite frequently as a child. I don't know whether to be flattered or horrified that Evan proposed in my original neck of the woods. The backdrop sure made for some gorgeous photos though, and I absolutely love Carlin's ring. I think her wedding planning will be much more enjoyable to watch than sourpuss Tori's.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I was raised in New England and traveled to Maine quite frequently as a child. I don't know whether to be flattered or horrified that Evan proposed in my original neck of the woods. The backdrop sure made for some gorgeous photos though, and I absolutely love Carlin's ring. I think her wedding planning will be much more enjoyable to watch than sourpuss Tori's.

I'm from New England as well and vacationed in Maine many times. It made me wonder if I'd notice/recognize a Bates or Duggar IRL.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, wait.what said:

They danced?

The Bateses don't demonize dancing like the Duggars. They don't dance in public but Kelly has said before that she enjoys a romantic waltz between married couples, it's just the close up sexual dancing they have a problem with. She says that they have practiced square dancing at home and in an episode she even encouraged Trace to take dancing lessons when he was auditioning for the Dixie stampede. 

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, Lunera said:

The Bateses don't demonize dancing like the Duggars. They don't dance in public but Kelly has said before that she enjoys a romantic waltz between married couples, it's just the close up sexual dancing they have a problem with. She says that they have practiced square dancing at home and in an episode she even encouraged Trace to take dancing lessons when he was auditioning for the Dixie stampede. 

The idea that the Bates dance, and admit it, and then just refuse to dance on television is just odd to me. I could understand if they said they don't well enough for televsion.  As for Trace dancing, those Bates young men defraud women enough standing still. I guess you don't need them to dance, when you can post a photo of a boy with his shirt off or faux-getting married.

• Love 4