Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Temperance said:

That is the best picture I've ever seen of Jill's girls. They look pretty. 

I think they'd be nice-looking kids if they actually were fed and had basic non-batshit-crazy-Jill styling. (And I say this as a woman who is deeply fashion impaired, was raised by a lunatic alcoholic mother who couldn't dress herself, and consequently usually doesn't judge other people's clothing.) So, basically, if they were being raised in any other family. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 20
20 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think they'd be nice-looking kids if they actually were fed and had basic non-batshit-crazy-Jill styling. 

I agree. Janessa's really cute and she has the same features and genetics as the other kids, the only difference is she's well nourished and filled out. I'm inclined to believe the siblings' appearance would improve dramatically if they had a bit of meat on their bones. 

• Love 19
On 9/6/2018 at 8:26 PM, louannems said:

Timothy misses Sweet Precious Mama maybe a little too much?

Equally weird is the next shot of Jill. Whatever she did to that photo makes her look much younger and thinner than she is. It's all a little creepy. 

• Love 5

I didn’t realize there was a second picture. Jill’s got some pinpoint pupils going on. 

According to this, Nurie is putting herself “through Bible Institute “.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Looks like Jill is putting Nurie up on the marriage auction circuit again. Somewhere there's a rich old man looking for a submissive wife who strives to please. Nurie may be a great help cooking, cleaning, and kid wrangling in the RV, but she'll be a bigger asset if she can send cash home weekly. 

That's what I'm thinking as well. Jill's desperate to get Nurie married off so she's using all the right Fundie buzzwords to attract eligible suitors. 

• Love 19

OMG.  I was finally able to watch the Sierra rants!  Help me!  She really is coming unglued.  If I didn't know what a crackpot fundie she is, my first guess would be that she is on crack.  Why is she sitting in a parking lot at 10PM filming videos?  Why is she standing in her yard for 15 minutes filming a video- all the while complaining about the heat? I'm happy your husband changes diapers- but have him mow the lawn.  She really does have a persecution complex.  Everyone is out to get poor lumpy Sierra. 

• Love 8
On 9/7/2018 at 9:52 AM, BitterApple said:

https://www.instagram.com/sierrajodominguez/?hl=en

Sierra sounds really unhinged. If I didn't know better I'd think she was on drugs. For starters, why is she so convinced everyone is judging her? She made similar comments previously about being judged while she was out in public with the kids, and now her Cocker Spaniel walking neighbor is lawn-shaming her because he walked by her house...and didn't say anything.

I also think it's funny how she praises her husband for watching the kids while she mows the lawn. Uh, yeah dum-dum. He's inside enjoying the AC while you're borderline delirious from heatstroke because it's a hundred damn degrees outside. Sounds like a keeper to me!

Have the Duggars shunned her? You never hear about her anymore. I didn't see the video but wasn't she into drugs before she met her husband and she became a Jesus freak?

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Have the Duggars shunned her? You never hear about her anymore. I didn't see the video but wasn't she into drugs before she met her husband and she became a Jesus freak?

I do think I remember hearing that.  Maybe that is why hubby is watching the kids and leaving her outside with lawnmower blades and stuff. If you have not watched her video rants, I highly recommend doing so.  OMG.  She gives Jill R a run for her money. The two of them together.  Now that would be entertainment.

ETA:  This might further explain why she was hanging out in a parking lot at 10:50 PM.  Just saying...

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, truthtalk2014 said:

I do think I remember hearing that.  Maybe that is why hubby is watching the kids and leaving her outside with lawnmower blades and stuff. If you have not watched her video rants, I highly recommend doing so.  OMG.  She gives Jill R a run for her money. The two of them together.  Now that would be entertainment.

ETA:  This might further explain why she was hanging out in a parking lot at 10:50 PM.  Just saying...

Hmm I'm not as familiar as Sierra, but this makes me think I need to get to know her videos. 

• Love 3

Hopefully submissive is just standard fundie speak. Otherwise I hate to think about the kind of man the word submissive will attract. 

And Jill R is definitely the headship of her family. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, flyingdi said:

Why are all the women who proudly pronounce their daughters submissive, the ones who clearly are in charge of their families?  Do we ever hear a peep out of David?

The only time David opens his mouth is to stuff food into it.

• Love 23
35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I was interested in the information that Sierra was at some point involved with drugs. I didn’t come across anything online, but I  did see that she was abused as a child, and doesn’t have memory of her time between 1st and 4th grades. Here’s the link to a blog post: http://dojosdesigns.blogspot.com/2017/01/finding-joy-in-season-of-loneliness.html

I think in some post she mentioned she smoked pot once or twice prior to meeting her husband in a video store.

I can't watch the rant videos for some reason. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I was interested in the information that Sierra was at some point involved with drugs. I didn’t come across anything online, but I  did see that she was abused as a child, and doesn’t have memory of her time between 1st and 4th grades. Here’s the link to a blog post: http://dojosdesigns.blogspot.com/2017/01/finding-joy-in-season-of-loneliness.html

Sierra is honestly an engaging writer. 

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

That's what I always think - "She has an innate sense of writing style and structure."  It's also not boring.  I'd rather she be occasionally ungrammatical than dull in her language choices (looking at you, Jilly Muffin), because if you want to you can improve the former condition.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, kokapetl said:

I also don’t find her videos unhinged. The way she speaks on video is with a similar affect that lots in instgrammers use. It’s an in your face, pretend aggressive, stream of consciousness style. I find her videos funny and she does have an ability to engage the viewer. I think Jessa’s poopy diaper post was a failed attempt at this type of engagement. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I don’t think there is anything incestuous going on. However, she never tries to find him a spouse the way she does  Nurie. She may be the kind of mother who wants to remain the most important woman in her son’s life and will hate his wife.

In their world, men supposedly financially support women (see my post in the Duggar: Their World thread). 

Nurie and her other daughters will theoretically be supported by a husband.  Tim and her other sons must be able to support a family. Unfortunately if Tim does move back home, she may try to marry him off anyway. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

I also don’t find her videos unhinged. The way she speaks on video is with a similar affect that lots in instgrammers use. It’s an in your face, pretend aggressive, stream of consciousness style. I find her videos funny and she does have an ability to engage the viewer. I think Jessa’s poopy diaper post was a failed attempt at this type of engagement. 

I wonder if the Sierra is a good writer because she actually went to a public school and had real attachments to real friends? Makes her life experiences more vast vs sitting at home in front of a computer monitor learning?

• Love 3

I finally watched the Sierra videos and I think she's kind of funny.  I thought at first that she was saying something a lot more graphic than "ratchet"!  Too bad she's a Duggar adjacent.  I think she might be kind of fun if she wasn't buying into all of that.  

• Love 2

I haven't watched Sierra's videos, but on the show I've always thought that she was a natural in front of the cameras. Trying too hard sometimes, sure, but overall she has much better presence than any of the Duggars, who've been at the reality tv thing much longer.

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:00 PM, louannems said:

Jill is probably pushing this bible course on the girls so they can earn their MRS'S.

But isn't the intent of going to college for a MRS to end up with an educated man?  My highly intelligent friend was sent to a private Lutheran college to snag a future Lutheran minister (mother's goal).  I was very surprised when she actually succeeded - but she also received her degree.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

But isn't the intent of going to college for a MRS to end up with an educated man?  My highly intelligent friend was sent to a private Lutheran college to snag a future Lutheran minister (mother's goal).  I was very surprised when she actually succeeded - but she also received her degree.

See, here's the thing: Jill does want an educated man for her girls.  But, not the kind of education you or I would seek in a partner.  She wants them to find guys who've been indoctrinated into the same variety of BSC fundie that she and Shifty have forced onto their kids.  No way would they want any guy who wasn't as steeped in the KJV BS as they are.  He needs to be fully educated in ignorance, Jill-style.  That being the case, that Bible study might just be the place.  They probably separate the men from the women, but the girls can show their wares to various mothers and sisters who are trolling for Godly wives for their male family members.

• Love 16
16 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I wonder if the Sierra is a good writer because she actually went to a public school and had real attachments to real friends? Makes her life experiences more vast vs sitting at home in front of a computer monitor learning?

I would hope that public school didn't teach her "I's", but perhaps it did.  I'm hoping she doesn't home school that to her children. 

• Love 2

It's been over a year since Nurie's grape chewing gum suitor disappeared, hasn't it? Jill has been very busy of late, birthing blessing #13, soliciting donations after her daughters' car wreck and hauling the entire family across the continent to drop Timothy off at aviation school.  She now has time in her schedule for round 2 of project Find Nurie a Man.

• Love 8

Nurie will never find the kind of young man she's been dreaming of marrying. I think she'll end up at home for a few more years before Jill get tired of her and sells her to a complete creep or an old perv.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Nurie will never find the kind of young man she's been dreaming of marrying. I think she'll end up at home for a few more years before Jill get tired of her and sells her to a complete creep or an old perv.

Sadly, I think that's what will happen as well. I don't say that as a slight against Nurie, but rather that any guy with an ounce of sense in his head will run screaming from that family like his pants are on fire. That leaves the leftovers, creepers and undesirables similar to Rapist Tim. I feel horribly for the poor girl. 

• Love 16
On 9/8/2018 at 1:44 AM, Fostersmom said:

Maybe it's just me, but he already looks less starved in this picture than he normally does. And dare I say, a bit happier too. It's almost like getting away from the rest of the circus agrees with him! LOL! 

Yes. I was just going to say, if anyone was in desperate need of the freshman 15, it was this kid.

So after Jill was asked to leave the pool, she ignored the guy and continued her conversation, but she’s the victim? And those are totally street clothes. A few months ago, I was at the water park and saw a woman in the most beautiful burkini I’d ever seen. It was all different shades of blue and it was super stylish. Her toes were painted blue too. That’s modesty, lady. Not clingy wet tee shirts. And not everyone who wears a burkini is doing so for religious reasons. Some people have health or skin sensitivities or just don’t want to show certain parts of their bodies. 

• Love 19
6 hours ago, Libby96 said:

It's been over a year since Nurie's grape chewing gum suitor disappeared, hasn't it? Jill has been very busy of late, birthing blessing #13, soliciting donations after her daughters' car wreck and hauling the entire family across the continent to drop Timothy off at aviation school.  She now has time in her schedule for round 2 of project Find Nurie a Man.

I parsed this wrong at first & wandered WTH a “gum suitor” was ???

• Love 2

Follow Jill's IG. She posts all the pics that she posts on her private FB. Like the chickenshit she is, she's disabled comments. Therefore, unless she deletes a post, we should be able to pilfer posts at will without having to screenshot them. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Follow Jill's IG. She posts all the pics that she posts on her private FB. Like the chickenshit she is, she's disabled comments. Therefore, unless she deletes a post, we should be able to pilfer posts at will without having to screenshot them. 

Oh? i think that may actually be down to me-i let it rip ages ago when you could comment. It was there for a surprisingly long time, ive just looked her up and it seems im now blocked

• Love 4
13 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Sadly, I think that's what will happen as well. I don't say that as a slight against Nurie, but rather that any guy with an ounce of sense in his head will run screaming from that family like his pants are on fire. That leaves the leftovers, creepers and undesirables similar to Rapist Tim. I feel horribly for the poor girl. 

I've been saying since it happened, finding about the parental verbal grilling and that everything he did or said was going to be plastered right on the Internet, scared away the grape gum-bearer.  Young men that age are easily embarrassed, which some day Nurie will realize, I predict, that it's her sweet precious Mama who handicaps her.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, queenanne said:

I've been saying since it happened, finding about the parental verbal grilling and that everything he did or said was going to be plastered right on the Internet, scared away the grape gum-bearer.  Young men that age are easily embarrassed, which some day Nurie will realize, I predict, that it's her sweet precious Mama who handicaps her.

Sadly, I think it will be more that Nurie feels ever more grateful that her Mama's Godly ways are protecting her from accidentally ending up with someone who was not God's plan for her, even if it takes forever. If she wakes up at all, I think it will only be if she is married off to someone simply too vile to shoehorn into the "God's plan" scenario.

• Love 5
On 9/7/2018 at 7:52 AM, BitterApple said:

https://www.instagram.com/sierrajodominguez/?hl=en

Sierra sounds really unhinged. If I didn't know better I'd think she was on drugs. For starters, why is she so convinced everyone is judging her? She made similar comments previously about being judged while she was out in public with the kids, and now her Cocker Spaniel walking neighbor is lawn-shaming her because he walked by her house...and didn't say anything.

I also think it's funny how she praises her husband for watching the kids while she mows the lawn. Uh, yeah dum-dum. He's inside enjoying the AC while you're borderline delirious from heatstroke because it's a hundred damn degrees outside. Sounds like a keeper to me!

I just watched the GREG rant and tried to watch the mowing rant.  She seems to me on the edge.  Not surprising if she is.  I didn't get through the mowing one, her husband was inside while she did this?  If its hot as balls I would prefer to share the pain of working out in it.  I wonder if she has someone who can help her with her own laundry room breakdown?  I do think her husband should have let her tell Greg a thing or two about asking a woman when her other kids are due (twins at that!).  Its never too soon for a man/woman to learn you NEVER ask if someone is expecting.  It sounded like Greg was deserving of a new asshole to be ripped.

• Love 6
On 9/8/2018 at 7:20 PM, BradandJanet said:

Looks like Jill is putting Nurie up on the marriage auction circuit again. Somewhere there's a rich old man looking for a submissive wife who strives to please. Nurie may be a great help cooking, cleaning, and kid wrangling in the RV, but she'll be a bigger asset if she can send cash home weekly. 

...but is there a guy that is willing to have Jill for a mother-in-law? 

On 9/13/2018 at 2:42 PM, Natalie68 said:

I just watched the GREG rant and tried to watch the mowing rant.  She seems to me on the edge.  Not surprising if she is.  I didn't get through the mowing one, her husband was inside while she did this?  If its hot as balls I would prefer to share the pain of working out in it.  I wonder if she has someone who can help her with her own laundry room breakdown?  I do think her husband should have let her tell Greg a thing or two about asking a woman when her other kids are due (twins at that!).  Its never too soon for a man/woman to learn you NEVER ask if someone is expecting.  It sounded like Greg was deserving of a new asshole to be ripped.

I wouldn't "count on" Michelle it seems the 2 families aren't as close as they once were. 

• Love 3