Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I actually have more faith in Josie and Kelton than I do Carlin and Evan or Tori and Bobby. Josie has a quite maturity about him and Kelton has a real job that will pay the bills and keep them in comfort. I'm hoping they don't prove me wrong...

I agree. How Gil let Tori go with Bobby's future prospects as a low-paid kid's minister boggles. I hope he has a second job since Tori will never have a paying job now that she's knocked up.

• Love 5
(edited)
59 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Whatever happened to Sierra? 

Sierra is trying to convince people that she loves the fundie lifestyle and birthing a million babies. If anything this post just proves that she's already overwhelmed with the 6 that she has. Poor lady, she probably still has about 15 years of fertility left.

She hasn't been seen with any of the Duggars since last year when Jessa attended her baby shower. I wonder if something happened between them. 

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Still up

Sister Accident Ruins Car

$2,752 of $20,000 goal

Raised by 57 people in 8 days

Proving once again that Jill Rodrigues and Nurie Rodrigues are both liars and are disgraces to their professed religion.  They removed all of the posts on Facebook about already getting a free car and promised to remove the GoFundMe page on Friday.  It's now 7 1/2 hours into Saturday, West Virginia time, and the GoFundMe is still collecting donations to buy a car which they already have.  Before God and man, they have no shame.  May this be remembered against them and be a warning to any young man who ever considers marrying Nurie. 

• Love 22
18 hours ago, Bridget said:

This might be nitpicking, but I can’t help it as it’s the first thing I noticed on the photo.

It appears as if they each asked for their own damn check at the restaurant.  For a meal of chicken fingers, ice water & dessert. Seriously?!?! Are they really so bad at math that they are unable to divide by six?

It’s not like one person ate/drank $50 more than anyone else and the bill was divided evenly, which sucks. I do hate that and have no problem with asking for a separate check if I know I will be in that position.

For as much as these young ladies go out to eat and “fellowship”, one would think they’d learn some basic restaurant etiquette when dining as a party of six, like having cash on them or taking turns paying.

While some restaurants automatically include a gratuity for parties of six, and the service isn’t always good because lazy servers don’t have to try/work hard, the gratuity isn’t legally mandated, despite what the final check says. (I was in a party of four while on vacation and I not only had to send my burger back three times, but I also had to hunt down other servers for a refill of Diet Coke because our server was MIA the entire time. No way was I going to pay an automatic gratuity for that arsehole, so I spoke to management. They comped the entire bill.) 

Zero snark aside, beyond the whole “they’re at a casual dining restaurant/they don’t know better/that’s how it’s always been done” stuff, are these young ladies really that cheap, naive or unable divide by six? Inquiring minds want to know! 

There's currently a story of a black sorority group having a reunion at a local restaurant. They had reservations for 25, but 40 showed up. It seems like they all needed separate checks and one person, who wasn't actually a sorority member according to most reports, threatened to walk out and not pay her bill because she was waiting so long to get it. There's also reports saying a few others threatened not to pay too because it was taking too long. The manager ended up calling the police to make sure all the tabs were paid and the cops stayed for an hour even though one of the women said she'd make sure every check got paid if someone left. All the bills were paid, and now the manager was fired for racial profiling. I'm not saying it was or wasn't racial profiling, but every report makes sure to include the details that the group included a doctor, a judge, and educators. Okay ladies, you obviously have some smarts going on to earn those degrees and you can't figure out an easier way than 40 separate checks? Hell, I went out with my sister and her boyfriend and his friends a few weeks ago and I felt bad we needed 4 separate checks even though we had 12 people. Sure it's easy enough to print out separate checks, but you have to print them, then shove them in the little folder thing, deliver them all, then collect them all, process all the payments, and then take back change or credit cards. It's not like that takes just an extra 5 minutes. If a doctor, judge, and teachers can't figure it out, Jessa, Jinger, and friends really stood no chance. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Lunera said:

Sierra is trying to convince people that she loves the fundie lifestyle and birthing a million babies. If anything this post just proves that she's already overwhelmed with the 6 that she has. Poor lady, she probably still has about 15 years of fertility left.

She hasn't been seen with any of the Duggars since last year when Jessa attended her baby shower. I wonder if something happened between them. 

Guess what, Sierra? When you have somewhat FEWER kids, you STILL have all these moments. But then you can pay more attention to them. Because you don't have the, you know, constant meals, constant baths, constant movement.... 

I think just the fact that she says "constant movement" is kind of a tell ... That doesn't seem like a phrase of praise. More like a phrase of "something that makes me want to scream!" .... But maybe that's just me. 

How about stopping with the six, Sierra? You've got both sexes. Six is a nice number. If you STOP there. 

• Love 22
23 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't understand Sierra's comment about strangers "ignoring" her. What are they supposed to do? Throw themselves at her feet and shower her with praise for having six kids? She has a large family by modern American standards, but not so large that she'd look unusual or draw lots of attention. Maybe she was talking about something specific such as strangers not offering to hold a door if they saw her struggling with the kids, but she doesn't mention anything, so who knows.

Also, anytime I see someone hashtag #itsworthit, I'm 99% positive they're trying to convince themselves, not us. 

I paused and re-read that part too. I think the post is written to her children and she's saying that strangers basically counted her children then talked and looked right over them to tell Sierra she's an idiot for having so many kids. Apparently one must fawn over her children and speak to them before telling her she's an idiot.

She also mentioned, twice, being alone with the kids. In my world, unless on vacation, or maybe a weekend, a mom or a dad is often alone with their kids.

The number of children one has doesn't entitle one for applause or bragging rights. 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Guess what, Sierra? When you have somewhat FEWER kids, you STILL have all these moments. But then you can pay more attention to them. Because you don't have the, you know, constant meals, constant baths, constant movement.... 

My thoughts exactly.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Baby Janessa is the only one who looks well-nourished

That's only because Jill was gestating Jenessa when those horrible vow renewal pics of the kids were taken. Poor Kaylee looks like Miss Kitty from Gunsmoke.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I paused and re-read that part too. I think the post is written to her children and she's saying that strangers basically counted her children then talked and looked right over them to tell Sierra she's an idiot for having so many kids. Apparently one must fawn over her children and speak to them 

Thanks, I only half-ass read their drivel and didn't realize the post was addressed to the kids.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

In Touch once wrote an article speculating Sierra will be the new Michelle Duggar. 

I could also see her going in the direction of Jill R, only with less makeup. 

• Love 1

I'm still curious to why Jessa and best friend Joy don't seem to be hanging out with Sierra. Was TLC taking too much interest in her? She is 1/3 of the way to becoming Michelle. Or maybe Sierra is pissed that they dumped her for Michelle's friend for wedding planning? 

• Love 6

I wonder how forgiven Nurie really was.   This is a family that believes children are full of sin that must be whipped out of them, and Nurie caused them a lot of trouble. I bet she'll do whatever it takes to grift her lazy parents back to their pre-accident standard of living.

Those bobble-head shots are hilarious, as are the silly pink and blue gender confirmation shirts. Jill, Jill, Jill . . . .

• Love 6
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Yowza, that's a pretty nice rock! You done good, Kelton:

josie-bates-engagement-ring.jpeg

Can't wait for the wedding. Josie will be a stunning bride. I'm hoping for a pretty fall wedding.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Still up.......

Sister Accident Ruins Car

$2,852 of $20,000 goal

Raised by 58 people in 8 days

They really have no sense of shame, do they?  

Do they think Jesus approves of this bullshit behavior?  I can't even.

• Love 7

"The thirteen that David and Jill have on this earth are so obedient and a great blessing in their home."

This is from the shit show family website.  I didn't think I could hate this bitch more, but I managed to squeeze out just a bit.  This is an absolutely disgusting way to refer to your children.  A dog is obedient.   Not another human being.  These people are reminding me more and more of the family from California who abused and neglected their children.  I hope one of these kids wakes up and realizes what is happening and gets the courage to escape.  

• Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

They really have no sense of shame, do they?  

Do they think Jesus approves of this bullshit behavior?  I can't even.

Or starving them for some insane reason.

Nurie looks like she is about to break from being so rail thin. IDK I can't fathom how NO one in their church says a word about the kids being so thin. :( 

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 9
59 minutes ago, sixlets said:

"The thirteen that David and Jill have on this earth are so obedient and a great blessing in their home."

This is from the shit show family website.  I didn't think I could hate this bitch more, but I managed to squeeze out just a bit.  This is an absolutely disgusting way to refer to your children.  A dog is obedient.   Not another human being.  These people are reminding me more and more of the family from California who abused and neglected their children.  I hope one of these kids wakes up and realizes what is happening and gets the courage to escape.  

They can’t escape. The kids are uneducated and brainwashed. 

• Love 5

I don’t understand what angle she takes pictures from!  It looks like they’re being taken from someone towering over them. Even that hot plexus post-baby-bod selfie looked like it was taken from up above. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

Or starving them for some insane reason.

Nurie looks like she is about to break from being so rail thin. IDK I can't fathom how NO one in their church says a word about the kids being so thin. :( 

I am firmly of the opinion that she starves them to inspire more love offerings. And maybe keep them to weak to run. 

• Love 16

"I will be closing the GOFUNDME donations down on Friday! 
Serving Jesus, Nurie Rodrigues"

It is now Sunday and the donation page is still up, proving once again that Nurie Rodrigues is a liar.  I don't think liars are "serving Jesus", so that is a lie, too.

Nurie Rodrigues.jpg

• Love 11
Just now, Mollie said:

"I will be closing the GOFUNDME donations down on Friday! 
Serving Jesus, Nurie Rodrigues"

It is now Sunday and the donation page is still up, proving once again that Nurie Rodrigues is a liar.  I don't think liars are "serving Jesus", so that is a lie, too.

Nurie Rodrigues.jpg

She didn’t say which Friday.......I guess they’re too busy making the cd, or napping.

• Love 16

I am not a fan and of names that reflect the parents’ interests. Crew is an awesome name for a dog and fits this stage of their lives. This stage.

My friend has a daughter with two middles names that reflect the field of study the dad was working in when the daughter was born. Within a year he had stopped that field of study and now works in an entirely different field. But the little girl forever has TWO middle names from that period of the father’s life.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I am not a fan and of names that reflect the parents’ interests. Crew is an awesome name for a dog and fits this stage of their lives. This stage.

My friend has a daughter with two middles names that reflect the field of study the dad was working in when the daughter was born. Within a year he had stopped that field of study and now works in an entirely different field. But the little girl forever has TWO middle names from that period of the father’s life.

I'm not a fan of that name either. Not to offend anyone, but it just sounds stupid to me. It makes me think of J Crew. Maybe I've become a crabby old lady. Now get off my lawn! And if your ball rolls over here, I KEEP IT! ?

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Normades said:

I'm not a fan of that name either. Not to offend anyone, but it just sounds stupid to me.

Their other sons are Duke and Drake. I'm not really a fan of any of those names. 

But Joanna looks happy and the baby is presumably healthy so that's what's most important. Congrats to the Gaines'!

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Duke, Drake and Crew are not names I like. 

Baby is cute, saw his pic on people

I don't actually mind Drake, except that it always makes me think of Joey's soap opera character on "Friends". 

• Love 10