Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

That looks awful and it must have been a horrible experience.

But the first thing that comes to mind is: "How much makeup did that girl have on?" 

Almost had the life knocked out of her, but not the makeup!

• Love 15
(edited)

She’s 16? All that make up makes her look 35 ex hooker. The gofundme made me laugh. I’m surprised they got almost 3 grand already. 

At least the 16 year old gets to eat 3 meals a day in the hospital.

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Love 21
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

As far as Timothy, why does he need to go to some expensive Fundie college all the way across the country? He could probably go to community college for free in West Virginia. 

He could come into contact with ungodly heathens and sluttish women .

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

It's surprising that modesty doesn't apply to hair and makeup. Don't they realise that they look like hookers and drag queens?

I guess that they're so sheltered that they don't have any idea what a drag queen looks like. 

According to Jill, she ran into a drag queen in the ladies' room at the "bad" Olive Garden. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

According to Jill, she ran into a drag queen in the ladies' room at the "bad" Olive Garden. 

Not really.  She just caught sight of her own reflection in the mirror.

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, SMama said:

Gothard is all about drawing attention to their countenance. 

Um, does David know that? Because if anyone needed some work on their unfortunate countenance, I think it's him.  And I think there's a remarkable difference between being clean, with brushed hair, and in clean, proper fitting clothing vs the stink of the Duggars, the hooker like make up of the female Rods, not to mention the vampire-like look of the male Rods, and um Joshy boy - needing a man bra and a girdle at his age, while wearing rotting clogs - definitely not a good countenance.  Of course all of that does draw attention to them, just not in a good way.

13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

How the eff can she afford to go to and Olive Garden????

8 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

She saw herself in the mirror?

New keyboard needed.  That was priceless.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

As far as Timothy, why does he need to go to some expensive Fundie college all the way across the country? He could probably go to community college for free in West Virginia. 

He couldn’t possibly go to school with common people who may not be Christians! What if there are girls in pants or gays? That’s how Satan gets you (and with green beans, apparently)!

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

Did you guys SEE the pictures of Nurie and her sister on the hospital gurney? 

I HATE to be like this, I REALLY do...

Nurie's hair and make up looked really GOOD for someone who had JUST been in a car accident.  What's up with THAT????

The sister looked INJURED and Nurie looks FINE. 

It's just so WEIRD. 

I’m just gonna come right out and say it:  There’s no freaking way that Nurie was even ALMOST under water in that wreck.  

• Love 20

I saw the curriculum for the Airplane Missionary degree. He needs to be at algebra level by his second semester. How embarrassing for him. Nice education you give your kids, Jill. Taking the SAT doesn't mean acing it. Base is 400, right? I doubt Tim cracked 500.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m just gonna come right out and say it:  There’s no freaking way that Nurie was even ALMOST under water in that wreck.  

I still think that somehow in Jill's mind, it's not how badly you were injured, but how successfully you were able to depict God's perfect ideal of your likeness despite any tribulations which illustrates how good/deserving of blessings you might be as a Christian.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think it was an IHOP or Denny's.  I seem to recall she and the hubs went to breakfast.  And she didn't even run into a drag queen; she ran into an employee of the restaurant who was trans.  And then proceeded to do her best to get her fired and/or arrested.  Alas, neither the restaurant manager nor the police were as Godly as Jill and they didn't seem to feel that the woman had done anything wrong.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

It's surprising that modesty doesn't apply to hair and makeup. Don't they realise that they look like hookers and drag queens?

I guess that they're so sheltered that they don't have any idea what a drag queen looks like. 

All they have to do is look at their mother.  Her daily get-ups scream drag queen louder than a lifeguard's whistle.  

No offense to any drag queens in the house.  I personally think they are fab-u-lous (said in a Sharon Osborne British accent).

• Love 15

I live about 20 miles from San Francisco.  I can tell you that no drag queen I have ever met or seen would be caught dead in the makeup/hair/clothing of Jill Rod and offspring or any of the Duggars.  Nope, not a one.  Although many of them would offer the poor women/girls makeup/hair and fashion tips. 

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I think it was an IHOP or Denny's.  I seem to recall she and the hubs went to breakfast.  And she didn't even run into a drag queen; she ran into an employee of the restaurant who was trans.  And then proceeded to do her best to get her fired and/or arrested.  Alas, neither the restaurant manager nor the police were as Godly as Jill and they didn't seem to feel that the woman had done anything wrong.

Thanks for the corrections. Upon reflection, I think it was IHOP. And I realized it was a trans woman too late to edit my post. At any rate, Jill's actions that day were truly despicable. Not that her behavior is less despicable any other day, really.

• Love 7

Is it wrong to want to know where the Rod's will be in their RV and while they are at some church singing and praying we get a crew to paint the RV in a rainbow for Gay Pride?  I know, off to the prayer closet I go.  Is anyone bringing pizza or cheese sticks tonight?

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I live about 20 miles from San Francisco.  I can tell you that no drag queen I have ever met or seen would be caught dead in the makeup/hair/clothing of Jill Rod and offspring or any of the Duggars.  Nope, not a one.  Although many of them would offer the poor women/girls makeup/hair and fashion tips. 

Ha! I live closer than you and come in direct contact with trans people of both genders on a daily basis, from work to the barista at my local SBux. ?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

That looks awful and it must have been a horrible experience.

But the first thing that comes to mind is: "How much makeup did that girl have on?" 

To me, it looks like her right eye has freshly applied blue shadow and a lb of mascara.  I'm guessing JillR had to get her ready for the camera.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Thanks for the corrections. Upon reflection, I think it was IHOP. And I realized it was a trans woman too late to edit my post. At any rate, Jill's actions that day were truly despicable. Not that her behavior is less despicable any other day, really.

I think there was an American flag welcome mat by the door too.  Something about a flag..and people wiping their feet? 

Jill had major problems that day.  Should've eaten at home. 

• Love 3

Just wondering since Nurie is so concerned about sluttish, pants wearing women who hold jobs other than wife and mother, do they decline love offerings from those people? Oh wait, nevermind.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wasn't there something about the "NICE Olive Garden"? I remember a kerfuffle here about some people thinking Olive Garden is for low-class people and they wouldn't be caught dead in one. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Wasn't there something about the "NICE Olive Garden"? I remember a kerfuffle here about some people thinking Olive Garden is for low-class people and they wouldn't be caught dead in one. 

I think the "NICE Olive Garden" story was Jill humblebragging about using grift cards to celebrate someone's birthday.  Probably her own.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

This Michelle Duggar has only donated to one other campaign, and it also appears to be fundie (and the donation was sizeable). I think it's her.

I don't know why someone would want to spend $200 just to impersonate Michelle on a GoFundMe. I agree that it was really her.

12 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

The son of friends of mine lost his hand in a horrible wood chipping accident. They had a go fund me to raise funds for a robotic hand for him.  They raised the money in no time. Because that was legitimate. This? I am sorry they were hurt, but put your big girl panties on and deal with it. Buy your own damn car. Your parents do not need to be “blessed.”  Figure it out like the rest of us do. 

And get off my lawn!

This is just one of so many things that's toxic about their belief system. She's 18 years old and claims to have no time to even organize a banquet because they're going to make a CD??? What?? I know she has to help take care of the house and kids, but there are so many of them. There's no reason why she and her dad shouldn't both have real jobs. 

11 hours ago, louannems said:

So Tori's pregnant?  I thought she just graduated college and was going to work as a school teacher.  I guess now it's a baby every year or so.

They just aired her honeymoon special on Thursday, and a lot of the time, she was just as bratty and unhappy-seeming as she was during the wedding planning. It was her birthday, and the night before she made a big deal about "Bobby has to give me all my birthday surprises tomorrow." Then, for her birthday dinner, he got steak, salad and frozen green beans from the grocery store. He grilled outside while she slammed around the kitchen, griping and snarking "Who buys frozen green beans to cook?" Then she said she was going to put salad dressing on the green beans! LOL! To me, it looked like she had been starry-eyed by courtship and its endless bouquets and surprises, and reality was beginning to set in. Kelly said in a talking head that Tori hadn't done much cooking, but she'd better learn since that and having babies are the life that now awaits her.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, zoomama said:

wait! go back to the gender reveal for tori? what was it and how did they 'reveal' it?

The baby is on instagram? No actual reveal, guessing it was filmed.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, becca3891 said:

Kelly said in a talking head that Tori hadn't done much cooking, but she'd better learn since that and having babies are the life that now awaits her.

That's sad and infuriating. I wonder how much of her "bratty" attitude has to do with the fact that she's intelligent enough to know she could have a normal life but too scared to risk her afterlife in heaven to reject the path her parents put her on? 

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, Nysha said:

That's sad and infuriating. I wonder how much of her "bratty" attitude has to do with the fact that she's intelligent enough to know she could have a normal life but too scared to risk her afterlife in heaven to reject the path her parents put her on? 

It's odd because in earlier shows Tori is cheerful and pleasant. She also couldn't wait to be married when she started courting. It wasn't until her engagement that she showed this negative, can't be bothered and spoiled side. Maybe you're right about her fate being sealed and the engagement/marriage made all the more real.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The baby is on instagram? No actual reveal, guessing it was filmed.

This account is a fake RP account. (I do believe that instagram rp accounts are the worst) 

this is bobby and tori’s account (who knew Tori is short for Torilayne!) (and of course a “yay!” from Jill on their announcement) but nothing about a gender reveal. 

• Love 4

Is it wrong I want one of the Duggar sons to offer up a car lot car to Jill to buy? I'd love to see if (A) she actually took them up on that offer and (B) what kind of jenky car they they try to sell them. It's pretty obvious Jill is really trolling for a donated car, so it would be hilarious if random Duggar boy said hey, I have this $5000 car and I'll sell it to you for $3000. I can only imagine the excuses on Jill's end. Obviously I'm not even pretending Nurie had anything to do with the begging requests. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Jill, you are a vitriolic nasty hateful horrid BITCH. You make me so fucking angry that I think I need to step away from the trainwreck that is you and your neglected children because it's starting to affect me in ways that are not healthy for me at all.

I'll tell you what you need, bitch. A sound bitchslap until you realise what are disgusting piece of shit you are. It always has to be about you, doesn't it? Heaven forbid your malnourised and unloved children get some love and attention.

The mere fact that people are speculating if this was all staged tells me all I need to know about you. Get a fucking job. Put your 10 months pregnant looking vile slob of a husband on a diet and get him a fucking job. Get your eldest children a part time job, since they need to get the hell out of that hellhole you created for them, plus they need to realise that money does NOT grow on Go-to-fucking-fund me grifter ads.

Incidentally, brush up on English Grammar while you're at it.

Fuck, I loathe and abhor that woman.

My hero. 

• Love 22
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

We'll be seeing Grifty, Shifty and the 13 (emotionally stunted) dwarves lined up with their hands out, begging for donations.

LOL at Grifty and Shifty. The person formerly known as CF has a new nickname (but his wife is still Stormy Jill to me). 

You won't see Janessa lined up, only because she's too young to stand on her own yet. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, zoomama said:

wait! go back to the gender reveal for tori? what was it and how did they 'reveal' it?

It was outdoors. Tori wore a tee that said "Boy or girl we love you." It appears they are saving the actual reveal for the show. 

10 hours ago, becca3891 said:

I don't know why someone would want to spend $200 just to impersonate Michelle on a GoFundMe. I agree that it was really her.

This is just one of so many things that's toxic about their belief system. She's 18 years old and claims to have no time to even organize a banquet because they're going to make a CD??? What?? I know she has to help take care of the house and kids, but there are so many of them. There's no reason why she and her dad shouldn't both have real jobs. 

They just aired her honeymoon special on Thursday, and a lot of the time, she was just as bratty and unhappy-seeming as she was during the wedding planning. It was her birthday, and the night before she made a big deal about "Bobby has to give me all my birthday surprises tomorrow." Then, for her birthday dinner, he got steak, salad and frozen green beans from the grocery store. He grilled outside while she slammed around the kitchen, griping and snarking "Who buys frozen green beans to cook?" Then she said she was going to put salad dressing on the green beans! LOL! To me, it looked like she had been starry-eyed by courtship and its endless bouquets and surprises, and reality was beginning to set in. Kelly said in a talking head that Tori hadn't done much cooking, but she'd better learn since that and having babies are the life that now awaits her.

I tried to tell you all that green beans are satanic. When will you listen??

• Love 22

I find it so easy to believe that Jill Rod lied quite a bit about the accident. 

Is Nurie lying too?  I know Jill wrote the script but is Nurie sitting there reading bull shit for the camera? 

• Love 6