Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, SMama said:

I need to apologize to SGirl who at eleven has more sense than the entire Rod clan.  She also understands we must work to survive. The entitlement is just disgusting. $20 grand to bless her parents. Her father should get a freaking job to support his family. Oh, and stop popping out kids you can’ afford, you hideous Pez dispenser.

Best description ever! 

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, NotFundie said:

It makes me think she's never even seen the site.  She thought it was "GoToMeFund".  Like I said, Jill must have done it.

Nurie admitted that Jill helped her set up the GoFundMe page because Nurie didn't know how to do it.  She also said that it was all Jill's idea.

That whole Facebook video was Nurie pretending to cry without shedding one real tear.  During the speech Nurie kept looking down at a script she was holding. The video garnered dozens of 'I'll pray for you' comments but only one donation ($50).

You'll have to do better next time, Nurie.   I think it would help if you didn't look like or sound like an exact clone of your mother.    

7 minutes ago, NotFundie said:

It's "David Jill Noyes Rodrigues".

https://www.facebook.com/rodriguesfamilylovesjesus

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Mollie said:

She also said that it was all Jill's idea.

That whole Facebook video was Nurie pretending to cry without shedding one real tear. 

Of course it was vile Jill’s idea, she’ll keep pimping her kids until she gets that show. It’s never going to happen.

So Nurie is a proud graduate of the Michelle Duggar school of pretend crying ?. Aim higher Nurie, aim much higher. 

• Love 13

Wonder what kind of scare tactics they used in forcing Nuri to make that video?  That was so hard to watch, and I truly feel sorry for her and her sister.  I know very little about the Rodrigues family, and I'm now realizing that's a blessing.  Jill is just a bitch on so many levels.  It also pisses me off to know they have pets in that house.  If daddy is so over-worked and pinching his pennies, how can they afford adequate pet care?  

My dad drove triaxle (dump truck) before going on full disability.  He was about an hour or so from where we lived, and a bunch of the drivers from his company were driving together.  He started coughing, and barely got on the soft shoulder of the road, and within seconds, he had rolled his truck.  As the other drivers came around the corner, all they saw was his truck flipped.  There was a stream/creek that ran along the side of the highway, and if he went a few feet beyond where he landed, he would have seriously injured due to the level of the water and the large boulders.  Thankfully, he walked away with just some nasty cuts, bruises, and overall soreness/stiffness.  All it takes is a split second for your life to change, and I hope Nuri and Kaylee can get any help they may need.  I also hope those kids have a revelation as to what their parents are really about, and for the baby factory close its doors, windows, blinds, and curtains.

• Love 13

I guess Jill figured she needed to explain where Tim is:

As SOON as Timothy got back from his graduation trip, he got caught up on his lawns and then packed and headed off to Wilderness Christian Camp at - https://www.facebook.com/WildernessChristianCamp/?ref=br_rs.  

This is an amazing summer camp that makes a HUGE difference in the lives of young people.  :)  He will be working there for a few weeks as a volunteer and also to earn a scholarship for his college.  ;) 

He has been gone 2 nights now and the girls and I have wept!  The empty "feel" in our home is almost more than we can bear.  I know that sounds weird since we still have 12 children here.  LOL.  It proves how CLOSE we are!  <3  

Timothy cried on the phone today with us over concern towards his sisters.  SOOO sweet.  It makes me miss him even more!  <3 

Please pray for Timothy's safety at camp.  He will be working very hard...but hard work NEVER scared Timothy away!  :)

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Wonder what kind of scare tactics they used in forcing Nuri to make that video?  That was so hard to watch, and I truly feel sorry for her and her sister.  I know very little about the Rodrigues family, and I'm now realizing that's a blessing.  Jill is just a bitch on so many levels.  It also pisses me off to know they have pets in that house.  If daddy is so over-worked and pinching his pennies, how can they afford adequate pet care?  

My dad drove triaxle (dump truck) before going on full disability.  He was about an hour or so from where we lived, and a bunch of the drivers from his company were driving together.  He started coughing, and barely got on the soft shoulder of the road, and within seconds, he had rolled his truck.  As the other drivers came around the corner, all they saw was his truck flipped.  There was a stream/creek that ran along the side of the highway, and if he went a few feet beyond where he landed, he would have seriously injured due to the level of the water and the large boulders.  Thankfully, he walked away with just some nasty cuts, bruises, and overall soreness/stiffness.  All it takes is a split second for your life to change, and I hope Nuri and Kaylee can get any help they may need.  I also hope those kids have a revelation as to what their parents are really about, and for the baby factory close its doors, windows, blinds, and curtains.

You're so right about how lucky those girls are. I'm glad your father is okay.

Was there a  "boulder rock" involved? Ive heard they can be quite dangerous. (Asking for a friend).

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

Vow renewals make me think of reality television: JimBob and Michelle, Jon and Kate, Theresa and Larry, etc. 

Two of those three couples are now divorced, so obviously vow renewals are just for tv entertainment.

JillR needs to stop posting for money and care for her injured daughters. And if she is intimidating Nurie into feeling like Nuri needs to replace the car ... shame on you, Jill. Remind me not to nominate her for MOTY.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Up to 18 people contributing $886. Almost enough do a hooptie like the freebie (it came with the RV) that Nurie totaled.

Jill  is probably sitting in her kitchen, sipping Plexus and laughing.  The grifting continues to pay off.

• Love 9

We bought a 15-year-old Honda Accord for the household teen drivers to use. It has full coverage, because TEENS and DRIVING.  Guut Lort. Insurance is going to put us in the poorhouse. 

• Love 17
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

It was painful to watch and stuff. And wiping her nose on her shirt. Poor dear. 

I was nearly gagging as Nurie constantly wiped her snot on her fingers, then on to her wrist, then up on her forearm.  Then when she ran out of dry skin, she just bunches up her shirt and wipes her nose on it.

Also, Nurie had trouble spitting out a whole, coherent sentence. 

Of course, Jill made her do this awful grifting video when Nurie and Kaylee should have been resting in bed after their trauma.

• Love 20
7 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I think that it's entirely likely that Nurie wrote it, given that her only models for English literature are likely the Bible and Jill's blog. I also have a suspicion that Jill may have ever-so-subtly *cough* planted the idea in Nurie's mind.

Isn't Jill the SODRT teacher for the family?  I wouldn't be surprised if Nurie writes like Jill because Jill corrects her homework; and because Lord knows she hasn't got any other teachers.  If you were only taught by one teacher you'd probably emulate their writing style, penmanship, and IDK what-all, at least unconsciously.

• Love 12
(edited)
8 hours ago, Catfin said:

We bought a 15-year-old Honda Accord for the household teen drivers to use. It has full coverage, because TEENS and DRIVING.  Guut Lort. Insurance is going to put us in the poorhouse

Yup. That's why a lot of folks carry minimum insurance on older less expensive cars. Sometimes a year of insurance costs more than the car. 

I wonder how these grifting conversations go? Do they straight up openly talk about having a great money grab opportunity? Or is Jill walking around dropping money worry hints while praying out loud God will give them what they need and then finds a way?

And does the Rodriguez family realize most folks don't go from tragedy to grifting in less than day - or ever?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 11
On 6/14/2018 at 8:18 PM, Lady Edith said:

Oh dear GOD.  My worst nightmare.  I really hope the girls can get through this.  It’s going to be a long road. 

Seriously. This is why I have one of those seatbelt cutters and window smashers in the cubby of both front car doors. 

Seriously saying a prayer for these poor girls. 

I think the longest road will be the endless grifting for replacement instruments, phone and car. I really do have sympathy for the daughters, but their external injuries don't sound serious. They may be traumatized, but I hope not, since they won't get any help for it. Like the rest of you, I'm disgusted. I really don't believe David spends forty hours a week on the printing press, and he needs to just get a damn job. These people wish everyone lived their quiverfull lifestyle. How, I wonder, do they think that would work, if the only to make the lifestyle work is to beg fro money from others?

17 hours ago, lulu69 said:

16 hours ago, SMama said:

There’s no divorce in their Fundieland. Then again Whitney was not raised fundie. Maybe UP is just doing the same TLC does when they are out of ideas.

Was their wedding a Duggar like mess? 

Whitney was raised fundie, just not Gothard. Her dad is a Baptist pastor.

11 hours ago, NotFundie said:

Rats.  I've been sitting here hoping to "hear her heart" and it wasn't a public post.  They're recapping over at FreeJinger.  I'll read the recap and ... recap it here.

Anyone can watch here on their page. https://www.facebook.com/rodriguesfamilylovesjesus

• Love 4
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Nurie is going on Facebook live tonight to talk about the accident, and I’m sure she will mention the gofundme.

I wonder if she has been cited for the accident. The way she described it, I believe she could be.

The petit Ox at 19 had a very similar accident -- not texting, not speeding, not checking the AC, just a dark, twisting mountain road. The back tire caught the gravel on a curve and she over-corrected, putting her upside-down in the ditch on the other side.  No water, thank goodness, and she walked away looking better than not-Nurie (car looked about the same). 

But yes, she got a ticket.  For driving on the wrong side of the road.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Normades said:

Was there a  "boulder rock" involved? Ive heard they can be quite dangerous. (Asking for a friend).

According to Jill's comments on her FB page, the Devil was defeated! OMG! Umm yeah!

Poor Nurie. I wish that Jill wouldn't have pushed Nurie into that video. How horrifying to turn a tragic incident into a grifting opportunity for Momma.

Today I was reading a post on Pickle's page about the new movement in the fundie community were fundie girls are waking up to what brainwashing they have been subjected to and are running screaming from it all. Creating new lives....this is my wish for girls like Nurie. Get the hell away from all the Jesus/brainwashing/fear etc and live a life you want to live. Bin's sister is fine. The Devil hasn't struck her down. I hope your reading this Nurie.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I  wonder how these grifting conversations go? Do they straight up openly talk about having a great money grab opportunity? Or is Jill walking around dropping money worry hints while praying out loud God will give them what they need and then finds a way?

And does the Rodriguez family realize most folks don't go from tragedy to grifting in less than day - or ever?

I think Jill (and David?) have delusions that this situation is going to provide some miraculous windfall of money and gifts - they ask for $20K and get blessed with $50K! And then it will have all been part of God's plan. 

Nurie's video: She talked a lot about her own panic and fear (understandably), but not much (any?) about her sister's injuries, which appear worse, and her sister's emotional trauma. The whole incident has been presented as Nurie's brush with death, with almost no info about sister. 

• Love 19

Nurie looked like she was being held hostage in that video. I can't even snark on her because the poor thing is so brainwashed and isolated she probably has no idea that what Jill is forcing her to do is completely wrong.

As far as Timothy, why does he need to go to some expensive Fundie college all the way across the country? He could probably go to community college for free in West Virginia. 

• Love 18

I've also wondered if Nurie will face charges for the accident.  Wreckless driving, careless driving, distracted driving, and overdriving road conditions would all be possibilities in my neck of the woods.   Is it wrong of me to hope that the air conditioner thing is a big story, and that the girls were really rocking out to a secular song on the radio when the accident happened?  If so, I hope the radio was destroyed in the crash and their parents never find out. 

I can't imagine walking into a pregnancy center and being faced with volunteers whose hair and make up rival Miss Kitty's. 

• Love 17
13 hours ago, Annb67 said:

DAMN you boulder rocks! 

I'm glad to hear the girls are both relatively okay, but I couldn't help but think of this hilarious freak accident that basically happened across the street from my apartment complex 5 years ago. The best part was the quip the police station posted on their Facebook page "take notice and beware, large boulders can jump out from anywhere." The poor old lady who managed to do this with her car, somehow made it up on the rocks and actually didn't do real damage to the car. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

If one of the girls wasn’t so hurt, it would look like they planned the whole thing to get a new car.

I thought this exact same thing...

• Love 5
6 hours ago, becca3891 said:

Whitney was raised fundie, just not Gothard. Her dad is a Baptist pastor.

IIRC Whitney’s “adoptive” (it’s not clear if she was legally adopted) father is a Baptist pastor. She was removed from her bio parents home as a teen. Most of her life was lived out of fundieland. She has since reconciled with her biological parents and does not seem to be close to the adoptive family. I’m sure someone here has better info.

3 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

The whole incident has been presented as Nurie's brush with death, with almost no info about sister. 

They are desperately trying to marry off Nurie not Kaylee. 

• Love 5

The other gofundme that shows as Michelle contributing to, is for the wonderful Dr  Fedosky. It’s to be a surprise for he and his wife who “haven’t had any personal income since October 2017.”

License revoked again, perhaps?

• Love 5

Did you guys SEE the pictures of Nurie and her sister on the hospital gurney? 

I HATE to be like this, I REALLY do...

Nurie's hair and make up looked really GOOD for someone who had JUST been in a car accident.  What's up with THAT????

The sister looked INJURED and Nurie looks FINE. 

It's just so WEIRD. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Did you guys SEE the pictures of Nurie and her sister on the hospital gurney? 

I HATE to be like this, I REALLY do...

Nurie's hair and make up looked really GOOD for someone who had JUST been in a car accident.  What's up with THAT????

The sister looked INJURED and Nurie looks FINE. 

It's just so WEIRD. 

And Nurie was under water! Imagine that!

• Love 7
(edited)

According to Lawson's instastories, they had a gender reveal party for BoRi(ing) yesterday. I guess they had to do it now while the entire family was in town for that ridiculous vow renewal, and UP camera crews would be on hand to film it.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

She's due in November, so she was knocked up for most of her last semester. She will never set foot in a classroom as a teacher. What a waste of money (Clown College "education" being a secondary concern).

• Love 11