Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

13 hours in and still no donations.  So "Nurie" added another update to the gofundme page

This is a picture of our totaled car. I am trying to raise $20,000 because I want to bless my parents. Plus, the cost of a car that has a tow package on it (to pull behind our RV) will cost more. I am thankful for whatever God does. This is just a number I thought I'd try to shoot for. Humbly Yours, Nurie

Help spread the word!

(For some reason the pic of the car, which is the same one we've seen isn't showing up)

• Love 6

so i looked at the blog post about the nathan/whitney re-wedding and the dresses the girls wore is different than the dresses in that video lawson posted.  like totally different. whats the real story?

(edited)

I have to weigh in on the vow renewal after five years.  Today is my anniversary.  I've been married for 33 years.  I find it hilarious that these twits think they deserve a vow renewal after a hot minute of being married!  I personally, would never do it, but at least make a decade before you renew and even then, doing the full bridesmaids thing when you've already done it, is just self indulgent.  Of course, I wouldn't hold it against anyone who wanted a big wedding, but couldn't have one at the time, but for these two, it's stupid.

I also love it when these fundies are married for a week and decide to do marriage counseling.  Hilarious!

Edited by Normades
many, many typos
  • Love 20
32 minutes ago, Normades said:

Oh my yes!  You never know what satan will use as a vehicle against our poor Jilly.  And now that you've mentioned pitchfork shaped beans, I'm a bit frightened myself.  I did neglect to mention in my answer that the cut to her blessed finger was SEVERE!!  But, you knew that already, didn't you? ;)

HA!  Who knows what lurks under that can hiding the green beans.  Its a green bean bacchanalia!

• Love 8
(edited)
23 minutes ago, zoomama said:

so i looked at the blog post about the nathan/whitney re-wedding and the dresses the girls wore is different than the dresses in that video lawson posted.  like totally different. whats the real story?

https://www.batesfamilyblog.com/2018/06/bates-vow-renewal.html?m=1

I didn't see any pictures of the wedding on the blog. It's kinda weird Whitney hasn't even posted anything.

If you look at the video posted on Lawson's Instagram everything looks incredibly staged.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 5

Just wondering for those who have been part of the fundie lifestyle, do the true believers who donate to missionaries and make love offerings get sick and tired of people like the Rods and stop supporting them?  They seem to do so well with no visible means of support so someone has to be sending money.  I just wonder what it would take to make the supporters stop.

Of course it would be the best thing for Jill and David, but unfortunately not the children, which is their hook.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

https://www.batesfamilyblog.com/2018/06/bates-vow-renewal.html?m=1

I didn't see any pictures of the wedding on the blog. It's kinda weird Whitney hasn't even posted anything.

If you look at the video posted on Lawson's Instagram everything looks incredibly staged.

i looked at that blog post and it mentions the pink dresses that we see on lawsons video. i could swear that i saw different pictures with black dresses with red accents, i believe. i  must be losing it!

ETA: i guess i was looking at the original wedding pictures....i saw that ugly dress that mama bates wore that mama dugger later borrowed. 

Edited by zoomama
2 minutes ago, zoomama said:

i looked at that blog post and it mentions the pink dresses that we see on lawsons video. i could swear that i saw different pictures with black dresses with red accents, i believe. i  must be losing it!

I think the blog link to the black dresses with red accents was the first wedding of theirs.

• Love 1

I have no time for Jill, or her family, or her beliefs, but this accident could have had such a different outcome.  A family I know had two teenage sons who were driving along a levy road in a pickup.  The pickup swerved  and flipped into the ditch, and their youngest son did drown.  So awful.  So similar to this accident.  The family I know, however, did not grift for a new truck.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

13 hours in and still no donations.  So "Nurie" added another update to the gofundme page

This is a picture of our totaled car. I am trying to raise $20,000 because I want to bless my parents. Plus, the cost of a car that has a tow package on it (to pull behind our RV) will cost more. I am thankful for whatever God does. This is just a number I thought I'd try to shoot for. Humbly Yours, Nurie

Help spread the word!

(For some reason the pic of the car, which is the same one we've seen isn't showing up)

Oh, FFS, Jill really takes the biscuit. She wants us to believe that an 18 year old who has just survived a traumatic car wreck not only posts an incredibly long GFM plea at 2:30 AM, but then follows up that she's doing this because she wants to bless her parents. I oughta sue Jill for making my eyes roll so far back they almost got stuck there. 

Now, I didn't have kids and I lack long-term closeup experience with teens. But I suspect that even the holiest of holy devout 18 year olds doesn't spout stuff like "I want to bless my parents." I'd be interested in feedback from those who have been parents and teachers of teenagers; I could be wrong and that kind of statement could be for real and not utter cr*p. But I *do* know, that kind of cr*p makes total sense to a narcissist. I can see Jill posting that as "Nurie" and not seeing how phony it looks.

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, Normades said:

Just wondering for those who have been part of the fundie lifestyle, do the true believers who donate to missionaries and make love offerings get sick and tired of people like the Rods and stop supporting them?  They seem to do so well with no visible means of support so someone has to be sending money.  I just wonder what it would take to make the supporters stop.

Of course it would be the best thing for Jill and David, but unfortunately not the children, which is their hook.

While I have never been fundie, I think the supporters of the Rods are happy to be helping another family of the "right" kind of Christian.  They are following Jesus's teachings about helping the poor and they know the money will be used in godly pursuits.  These are the same people who pass out bibles and lecture poor people before giving them a hot meal.  As for the missionary pursuits, I believe there are a lot of people who will willingly give money for someone else to do the work.

As long as the Rods stick to whatever theology they practice now, they will be set.  If they become some sort of Godless heathens who let the women wear pants; or begin drinking alcohol, etc they will lose funding.  I think they would have been more successful with the GoFundMe if they would have asked for a lot less money.  They should have asked for $2,000.  They might not get any money with this cash grab, but they will still probably get some other "love offerings" from local churches.

• Love 3

I'm glad Nurie and her sister are okay. I was a little worried today. I wish they would update on their medical health.

It's telling that people are reluctant to give them cash. I thought a lot of the baby/mama gifts they got at Jill's shower was junk people wanted out of the house. 

• Love 3

I think Nurie wrote the go fund me. I think she panicked over causing a wreck that will mean medical bills and whatever financial losses regarding the car, phone, and instruments. I think the panic of upsetting her parents and their finances supersedes anything else, even more than the likely enormous guilt she feels for her sister’s injuries. 

And I think it is sick she is panicking. Jill’s primary concern seems to be finances and the loss of material things. It’s disgusting.

Even Erin Bates knows if you’re going to do a hospital selfie, look like a concerned mother ?‍♀️

• Love 4

Nurie is going on Facebook live tonight to talk about the accident, and I’m sure she will mention the gofundme.

I wonder if she has been cited for the accident. The way she described it, I believe she could be.

• Love 1

@Marshmallow Mollie, if Nurie wrote it, do you think she could have posted it without her parents' permission? Does she have that kind of access to the internet?

I agree that she's probably panicked and freaking out, and her hosebeast of a mother is so concerned with finances, that poor Nurie's getting no comfort there. That is, as you said, just so sick and disgusting. I feel sorry for her. What a mess. Nurie could have written the plea, but I bet Jill saw to it getting posted on GFM. And probably added some tweaks of her own. Heck, Jill probably picked the goal. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

@Marshmallow Mollie, if Nurie wrote it, do you think she could have posted it without her parents' permission? Does she have that kind of access to the internet?

I agree that she's probably panicked and freaking out, and her hosebeast of a mother is so concerned with finances, that poor Nurie's getting no comfort there. That is, as you said, just so sick and disgusting. I feel sorry for her. What a mess. Nurie could have written the plea, but I bet Jill saw to it getting posted on GFM. And probably added some tweaks of her own. Heck, Jill probably picked the goal. 

The probability of her having unrestricted internet access did cross my mind. I think she wrote it, but perhaps she had a lot of “help” creating the go fund me page. 

• Love 3

In the past five months, Jill and Nurie have asked for donations for a "Pamper Mama [Jill] and Baby Shower", a mission/vacation trip for Nurie and her Dad to go to Africa and a homeschool graduation present/future college fund for Tim.  Now they want $20,000 to buy a new car to replace an old clunker that unemployed, husband-shopping Nurie totaled because she was driving recklessly.

Nurie and Jill's GoFundMe appeal has been up for 15 hours and not one donation has come in.  So, Jill has announced that Nurie is giving a live Facebook speech at 7:00 p.m. tonight.  Nurie must be giving up on her "Humble PLEA to Help Me" and going for a more direct approach to collect $20,000.

Many things about the car accident story don't add up.  The photo below is the interior of the wrecked car.  It doesn't look flooded to me.  In fact, I can't see anything that looks like water damage.

Counting On 2.png

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Temperance said:

It seems like Jill's writing style. I think Jill R wrote it. (Although I could be wrong.)

I think that it's entirely likely that Nurie wrote it, given that her only models for English literature are likely the Bible and Jill's blog. I also have a suspicion that Jill may have ever-so-subtly *cough* planted the idea in Nurie's mind.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I'm glad Nurie and her sister are okay. I was a little worried today. I wish they would update on their medical health.

It's telling that people are reluctant to give them cash. I thought a lot of the baby/mama gifts they got at Jill's shower was junk people wanted out of the house. 

FB live with Nurie starts in 5 minutes.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Oooh. Good point. Plus, if she was “under water” like she claims, why is her hair still “done” and her makeup still in place? Huh?

OMFG @Westiepeach, that never occurred to me.  I mean I was wondering how, if they were upside down, she was under water and her sister wasn't, but if she was underwater, then how is her makeup still in place and her top isn't wet??  All of this in the ER with her sister who has blood still running down her face.  Hmmmmm.  Interesting.

5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

FB live with Nurie starts in 5 minutes.

Someone tell me how it goes, please.  I don't have FB.  It will be interesting to see if folks call her on the grifting, the get a job, the drowning but perfect makeup and WTF your mother left a nursing infant at home

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Well the gofundme went up and now the posts appear on Jill’s Facebook. 

21F9BDA1-C212-46AF-8DF4-64A93F9FF6E0.png

You want to know what's GRIEVOUS Jill? Your stupid ass is so busy begging for money instead of comforting your freaking daughters. You're so worried you might actually have to pay for something so now you're pimping your injured and most likely, traumatised daughter into begging live on Facebook. You're a piece of Plexus shit Jill. Tell your fat ass husband to get off his ass and get a J-O-B.

• Love 21
30 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Oooh. Good point. Plus, if she was “under water” like she claims, why is her hair still “done” and her makeup still in place? Huh?

I was wondering about that myself, but I just figured that given that Jill had brought all the requisite beauty paraphernalia to the hospital for touch-ups. It almost looks as though the younger sister's uninjured eye has at least some mascara on the lashes, though being in shadow and partially hidden behind Jill's hair it's hard to tell.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Well the gofundme went up and now the posts appear on Jill’s Facebook. 

21F9BDA1-C212-46AF-8DF4-64A93F9FF6E0.png

i'm glad their friends helped them in their time of need, I just wish they limited it to that type of support and not cold, hard cash.  Giving them money just rewards and solidifies their bad behavior.  If Jill truly wished there was one of her for each of her children, maybe she should have stopped at one or two children and not continued having so many children she cannot possibly give them what they need.  

I would bet my paycheck (yes, I'm a college-educated, working, pants-wearing sluttish woman) that Jill wrote that go fund me.  It sounds exactly like her.  Plus, am I supposed to believe that Nurie knows what a car with a tow package costs?  I've been driving for over three decades and would have no idea.  In my opinion, there's no way a sheltered girl like Nurie with no independent access to the internet knows about tow packages and their cost.  That's all Jill.  Also, Tim's at camp??  What is that about??  I thought he was working to save money for his education. 

I know what teens are like (I've raised two), but Nurie was incredibly irresponsible while she was driving.  She should feel a little bad because she could have killed herself and her sister fiddling with the a/c controls.  Also, apparently she is so godly that she doesn't even have survival instinct because she says she had time to think about it and was ready to meet her maker, but wanted to live.  She's not like the rest of us mere mortals who would have acted on instinct to save our asses!!

• Love 9

So far...

It's pretty much what they've already said.  Nurie was looking down at the air conditioner knob and looked up to see a "rock boulder" and they hit it.  There was water on Nurie's side but not on K's.  They dug out gravel to get through the windows  Apparently, neighbors saw them and the girls told them to call their dad.  He was "sweet" about it.  Nurie appears to feel guilty and says she suffers from "pride".  (Argh.)  Nurie feels really bad about the car.  The FreeJinger commenter said that her wording sounds like the GoFundMe post.  (Maybe she wrote it after all?)

My take is that Jill is making her feel terrible and she's desperate to somehow make it right.   

Those poor kids.  I really detest Jill Rodrigues.

• Love 19

In regards to the vow renewal, I feel like it would only make sense - especially for fundie couples - if there were marital trials. Like, I would kind of understand if Josh and Anna did it after his infidelity, but if you said your vows in front of God and you haven’t broken those vows, why would you need to renew them? 

Then again, I don’t have a TV show I need to come up with story arcs for.

I’m glad the Rod girls are largely okay but good lord Jill is gross. What a freaking attention whore grifter.

• Love 12
(edited)

One more thing popped up.  Nurie didn't even know how to pronounce GoFundMe.  ("GoToMeFund")

It was Jill.  Her daughters get hurt and she's up at night writing a GoFundMe appeal and sticking her poor daughter's name on it.  

She's the worst.

Edited by NotFundie
Forgot to add earlier.
  • Love 21

I'm surprised that Nurie and sis were allowed out alone together. I wonder how much driving experience Nurie even has. They were both probably giddy-silly with the freedom. I do worry that Nurie is going to be overcome with guilt, I feel bad for her.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, NotFundie said:

One more thing popped up.  Nurie didn't even know how to pronounce GoFundMe.

It was Jill.  Her daughters get hurt and she's up at night writing a GoFundMe appeal and sticking her poor daughter's name on it.  

She's the worst.

How do you not know how to pronounce GoFundMe...I mean it's pretty simple.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I'm surprised that Nurie and sis were allowed out alone together. I wonder how much driving experience Nurie even has. They were both probably giddy-silly with the freedom. I do worry that Nurie is going to be overcome with guilt, I feel bad for her.

Too bad their freedom comes from being en route to the "crisis pregnancy center" to try to take away the freedom of others.  

I'm glad she clarified it was a "boulder rock" and not a "boulder posy"  that could've been confusing. 

• Love 12
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

How do you not know how to pronounce GoFundMe...I mean it's pretty simple.

It makes me think she's never even seen the site.  She thought it was "GoToMeFund".  Like I said, Jill must have done it.

Edited by NotFundie
  • Love 2
(edited)

The video is up for the public now, but I don't have any sound.

eta: They need the $$$ for the cross-country trip because apparently Timothy has to take math classes that can't be done online. Something tells me that these are remedial, since the first year is supposed to be just bible study. This leads me to conclude that Timmy didn't do so hot in his SATs. 

Poor Nurie.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 19

Not having a tow-behind car isn't going to prevent them from going on the RV trip. It'll complicate things, but they can bring a couple of bicycles and David and a son can pedal to the store for supplies or whatever. I imagine they park their stink-bus at Walmarts for free anyway as they travel.

• Love 8

So, they need the $20,000 for a car, for a cross country trip, errands, and for her father to pick up his mother in New York. He can’t do any other work because he is sooooooo busy with the print shop. Nurie thought about using the $80. she has in her wallet to host a banquet as a fundraiser. But alas, she has no time either because they are making a CD.

Deep breath.......

It seemed to me that Nurie is taking this accident as god showing her why being prideful is wrong. But, through his mercy she didn’t die in the accident. My take  on it, such s it is.

• Love 11