Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)

All the comments are basically saying NO!  GET A JOB DAVID!  People are on to these grifters.

The instruments in the cases look alright.

https://m.facebook.com/photos/viewer/?photoset_token=pcb.10156666460442259&photo=10156666459072259&profileid=100000742113984&source=49&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10156666460442259%3Atl_objid.10156666460442259%3Athrowback_story_fbid.10156666460442259%3Athid.534282258%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1530428399%3A-2785072243546626329&__tn__=E

Sorry link not working.  There are several photos of the crushed car in Judith Moravek's Facebook.  

Edited by louannems
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Heathen said:

The Plexus pimp is pretty funny considering the person it's really directed at is already deeply into Plexus grifting. MLM pimpers amuse me. 

I know. I wanted to respond to the Plexus pusher who raved about her "Plexus Nexus:" Hey, Nurie's mom sells Plexus too. That old beater car that Nurie wrecked was her mother's Plexus Nexus. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

I was kinda thinking the Plexus MLM pitch was a snarky post written by one of us to remind 'Nurie' that grifting is fundamental(ist) and that her mother, who claims to be so successful selling that junk, should surely have the do-re-mi to pay for a brand new car without begging. 

I had no idea that using random capitalization and punctuation was hereditary.

The Plexus pimp's multiple grammatical errors made me think it was legitimate, not snarky, but only the author and Dog know. 

Tadpole eyebrows are also apparently hereditary. 

• Love 4

Zack and Whitney renewed their vows in an outdoor ceremony. It looks really classy compared to their usual tacky weddings. I guess she's finally getting the nice wedding she always wanted and she's also wearing a halter top dress.

I hope Carlin and Josie learn from this. If they only invite close friends and family, not 1000 people, they could afford to have a proper wedding like this. 

Lawson and Erin have videos in their IG stories but I couldn't figure out how to post them here.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

The Plexus pimp's multiple grammatical errors made me think it was legitimate, not snarky, but only the author and Dog know. 

Tadpole eyebrows are also apparently hereditary. 

The Plexus pimp posted another comment apologizing for the errors and said they were typing one handed because they were nursing a baby so I'm pretty sure it was snark.  I thought it was hilarious, and I wondered which one of you guys was the clever snarker.  

Edited by Abmis
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Oh dear GOD.  My worst nightmare.  I really hope the girls can get through this.  It’s going to be a long road. 

Seriously. This is why I have one of those seatbelt cutters and window smashers in the cubby of both front car doors. 

Seriously saying a prayer for these poor girls. 

I have one of those as well!  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Quoting myself because against my better judgement I looked for an update.  I’m posting a picture of the car with this because it gives an idea of what’s involved. I’m a stranger and there’s no way I will post the pictures Jill posted of the girls.

DFF087B1-2FAA-4D94-9C1A-26954AD35383.jpeg

AF313971-A605-4071-A334-07481F89ADCD.jpeg

I think this is a horrible experience to have to go through. I wish them a speedy recovery.  I think the mention of loss of expensive instruments, phone, car could have waited until the girls are out of the hospital.  But gotta get the requests for new stuff in early I guess.  I find that exceedingly distasteful.

• Love 17
21 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Zack and Whitney renewed their vows in an outdoor ceremony. It looks really classy compared to their usual tacky weddings. I guess she's finally getting the nice wedding she always wanted and she's also wearing a halter top dress.

I hope Carlin and Josie learn from this. If they only invite close friends and family, not 1000 people, they could afford to have a proper wedding like this. 

Lawson and Erin have videos in their IG stories but I couldn't figure out how to post them here.

Lawson is really pimping their show!

Who ever does a 5 yr vow renewal??? Why???  Why ever, in fact?

• Love 19
14 hours ago, Temperance said:

Kaylee is almost 17, according to Jill's website/blog. Depending on the laws in WV(?) or whatever state they're in, she could have a valid driver's license.  I have no clue what the laws are like, just pointing out we don't know what happened or who was driving. 

I am wondering if they do have car insurance.  I just checked and you are supposed to but this is Jill and David.

13 hours ago, SMama said:

She has to get those love offerings pouring in. Shameless 

I almost have no words.  That eye!  Poor thing.  Nuri is trying to smile but she looks like she may still be in shock to me.  Jill IS shameless.  

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Normades said:

So, thanks to god's grace the girls are okay?? It's so awesome that god is looking after them.  How about god not letting the car swerve and flip over into a ditch??  That would have been an AWESOME way to look after them!  To quote Penn Jillette, "God works in mysterious, inefficient, and breathtakingly cruel ways."  I wonder if Jill has done something wrong and her god is seriously pissed off??  First Janessa's health problems and now this, oh and don't forget the satanic green bean can!  Of course, god loves Jill, so it must be that pesky satan trying to cause them problems!  They should have never dug that hole and pulled the little bugger up on the mic cord!!! And for everyone hoping the girls will get help with the PTSD they will most likely experience, I have one word for you JESUS!!!!!

I do hope the girls are okay and am glad they saw some true medical professionals to take care of their injuries, even if some of them were college educated, pants wearing, sluts!!  

Huh???  I mean I know canned green beans can be a bit slimy and unappealing but satanic green beans?  Did they have extra veggies in there?  Did one bean look like a pitchfork?

• Love 4

Ok, soooo if they were on their way to minister to harass women at a Pregnancy Center, why were they carrying a lot of their expensive musical instruments in the car????  I mean sure Nurie and Kaylee could have played out front, but that's only 2 people.  I'd be afraid just having the instruments in the car that they would either be stolen or damaged from being out in the hot sun.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, louannems said:

Lawson is really pimping their show!

Who ever does a 5 yr vow renewal??? Why???  Why ever, in fact?

Their 5th year anniversary isn't until December. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I am wondering if they do have car insurance.  I just checked and you are supposed to but this is Jill and David.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have insurance at all.  In my state (NY) collision is the most expensive part ofan insurance premium & therefore usually only taken on newer cars. Nurie's (Jill's) claim that insurance won't cover the accident bc its an old car andthey only have collision doesn't make sense to me. Is  it different elsewhere?

• Love 3

My bet is Jill Nurie doesn't know the difference between liability and collision, so she posted the first one that came to the top of her head.

Zach's vow renewal - my daughter was married in the judge's chambers and planned on having her 'real' wedding on their 5th anniversary. Didn't happen b/c she was really big pregnant with their 4th child so now the plan is on their 10th anniversary. 

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

“Nurie” creates a gofundme account at approximately 2:30 in the morning after a traumatic accident. 

https://www.gofundme.com/nxxy7-sister-accident-ruins-car

This whole thing made me mad at the parents.  LOVE OFFERINGS support that family not dad.  I am picturing Jill making her do this before she is allowed to rest after that accident.  It sucks when a car is totaled and you cannot pay for it, I have been there (some man in a Porsche 911 died while driving and hit Mr. Natalie totaling our car, luckily for the dead guy there were 2 fire trucks behind Mr. Natalie who brought him back to life, only gave us 1/2 of what we needed for a shitty car) as have many people.  Luckily we didn't have 13 extra mouths to feed and care for so we dealt with it.  But I guess they had to get the pics while the injuries were fresh to help grift some money.  GOFUNDYOURSELF!

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 16

How are the Rods taking an "unexpected" trip to take Tim to college in Seattle? They hadn't been planning on him going? 

Jill was the one that wrote that post. It's awful to exploit your injuries daughters ... and even more awful to pretend it's going to be a surprise. 

• Love 18
(edited)
13 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have insurance at all.  In my state (NY) collision is the most expensive part ofan insurance premium & therefore usually only taken on newer cars. Nurie's (Jill's) claim that insurance won't cover the accident bc its an old car andthey only have collision doesn't make sense to me. Is  it different elsewhere?

When our car was totaled we only had liability since it was an older car.  I got nothing from my car insurance and only a pittance from the guy who hit us.  If I had had full coverage I would have gotten something even though it was old.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Regarding Zach and Whitney, a vow renewal at five years complete with bridesmaids and reception is so incredibly obnoxious and self-serving. Thirty years, forty years, okay fine, but they haven't even been together a decade. I'm hoping it was the producers' idea because it makes me think a lot less of them.

I agree! and it makes me wonder if they've had some trouble in their marriage? But now they've decided to stay together?

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Lukeysboat said:

I don’t see any comments on the GFM page. Is it possible they (OK, OK—Jill!) turned them off? 

Yeah, she did turn them off. The comments that were up before were basically all variations of "Stop grifting, get a job and buy a car yourself." Some were awesome! No sympathy comments at all.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

We're in CA and have collision on our older car - comprehensive here is the major expense.  That being said I don't have 13 mouths to feed so can set money aside for emergencies.  Although the age in W.Va. to get a driver's permit is 15, provensional license at 16 and full at 17.  I'd like to think that if I had 3 teens able to drive and another couple looking at permits, I'd keep comprehensive on the car with all those teen drivers.  My insurance agent did say we could keep comprehensive on my older car - it wasn't a matter of them not covering it, it was just the amount I'd have to pay each year vs. the value of the car.

OK, WHY does the entire family need to drag their arses across the country to look at a church for Timothy?  The expense of maintaining the RV and the gas for it would be insane.  Use that money to buy a couple of cheap round trip air tickets.  Send Tim and David out, stay with someone out there, and poof! done.  Plus, his first year is bible study which is done via computer and he's going to be at home, so they don't need to go out this year, but next year.  Not to mention, why go on a cross country journey in an old RV with Janessa in her first year?  That makes no sense at all.  None.  

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Refresh my memory- was there something up with Zach and Whitney’s original wedding? It seems kind of soon for a vow renewal- have they been married 5yrs?

• Love 1
(edited)
35 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Regarding Zach and Whitney, a vow renewal at five years complete with bridesmaids and reception is so incredibly obnoxious and self-serving. Thirty years, forty years, okay fine, but they haven't even been together a decade. I'm hoping it was the producers' idea because it makes me think a lot less of them.

28 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I agree! and it makes me wonder if they've had some trouble in their marriage? But now they've decided to stay together?

Yet even if they were having marital troubles but have now worked things out, a vow renewal at only 5 years is still incredibly indulgent IMHO

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Love 13

There’s no divorce in their Fundieland. Then again Whitney was not raised fundie. Maybe UP is just doing the same TLC does when they are out of ideas.

Was their wedding a Duggar like mess? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Regarding Zach and Whitney, a vow renewal at five years complete with bridesmaids and reception is so incredibly obnoxious and self-serving. Thirty years, forty years, okay fine, but they haven't even been together a decade. I'm hoping it was the producers' idea because it makes me think a lot less of them if it wasn't.

Not to mention, there's a wedding, baby shower or bridal shower every damn week in that family. Don't they have any other ways to fill their time? Now get off my lawn before I release the hounds....

I totally agree.  5 years?  And who has a vow renewal with a ton of bridemaids and a huge reception?  I cannot imagine the money that was spent on this.

I'm also thinking perhaps there was some trouble there and they've worked through that, but even then - you don't need all of that.

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Refresh my memory- was there something up with Zach and Whitney’s original wedding? It seems kind of soon for a vow renewal- have they been married 5yrs?

They had your typical fundie wedding with tons of people and refreshments. 

https://thebatesfamily.com/2014/01/zach-whits-wedding-ceremony/

I think it was partly producer driven, since Whitney and Zach's first wedding wasn't filmed.

My first thought wasn't that they were having marriage troubles but that they are celebrating a new start to something. They recently bought their first home and Whitney got a job and seem to be living a non-fundie lifestyle.

I think Kelly was also working hard to indoctrinate her at the time and probably took charge of her their first wedding. Whitney was 19 at the time and probably couldn't do anything about it and is taking advantage and now that the show is paying for it.

• Love 8

Even the Smuggars haven't had a vow renewal ceremony and they'll be 10 years in September. And while JimChelle has had a vow renewal (aka vow "removal") ceremony they were married 25 years by that point.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Even the Smuggars haven't had a vow renewal ceremony and they'll be 10 years in September. And while JimChelle has had a vow renewal (aka vow "removal") ceremony they were married 25 years by that point.

Whatever the situation is, I’m surprised that not one person apparently bellied up to either wife or husband, and said ‘Um, you do know that generally people assume there’s trouble in the marriage of any couple who decide they’re going to do vow renewals without a darn airtight seeming alibi, and the earlier in their marriage the worse?”

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

According to the GoFundMe page, the car was insured but too old for full coverage so the insurance company won't replace it.

Bullshit. I drive a 15 year old car and still have full coverage. They undoubtedly didn’t or couldn’t pay for it but that’s their decision. Live with it, Jill. 

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

According to the GoFundMe page, the car was insured but too old for full coverage so the insurance company won't replace it.

22 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

Bullshit. I drive a 15 year old car and still have full coverage. They undoubtedly didn’t or couldn’t pay for it but that’s their decision. Live with it, Jill. 

As of now, the GFM has been up for 12 hours, has been shared more than 900 times. And has zero donations.

I suppose they are getting lots and lots of thoughts and prayers. 

I note that Jill, I mean Nurie, isn't asking for money to cover the medical bills. I wonder if their auto insurance medical is so good they won't be out of pocket at all - not even a deductible - for the ambulance ride and ER treatment.

• Love 6

It was stated they only had collision insurance on the car. That seems a bit odd. When you have an old car, you may drop collision, but why wouldn’t you carry liability? Seems very odd. And it wouldn’t be that the insurance company won’t pay, it would be that they will pay no more than the car’s book value would be. So, Jill is trying to get people to donate $20,000 to replace their errand running car. 

• Love 6
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

As of now, the GFM has been up for 12 hours, has been shared more than 900 times. And has zero donations.

I suppose they are getting lots and lots of thoughts and prayers. 

I note that Jill, I mean Nurie, isn't asking for money to cover the medical bills. I wonder if their auto insurance medical is so good they won't be out of pocket at all - not even a deductible - for the ambulance ride and ER treatment.

The basic requirements for auto insurance in W. Va. has $40,000 per accident for personal injury I think it was or $20,000 per person.  Between ambulance, ER, xray's, catscan, etc, I'm guessing they have more insurance than that.

3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It was stated they only had collision insurance on the car. That seems a bit odd. When you have an old car, you may drop collision, but why wouldn’t you carry liability? Seems very odd. And it wouldn’t be that the insurance company won’t pay, it would be that they will pay no more than the car’s book value would be. So, Jill is trying to get people to donate $20,000 to replace their errand running car. 

W.Va. requires to carry: 

The bare minimum car insurance requirement for West Virginia drivers is:

$20,000 bodily injury per person per accident

$40,000 bodily injury for all persons per accident

$10,000 property damage liability

$20,000/$40,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury

$10,000 uninsured motorist property damage

$20,000/$40,000 underinsured motorist bodily injury

Underinsured coverage can be rejected in writing if you prefer not to purchase it. West Virginia does not require you to carry additional coverage such as Collision and Comprehensive. However, if you own property or other valuable assets, supplementing the minimum requirements can help you protect yourself from monetary loss.

Edited by DragonFaerie
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

The basic requirements for auto insurance in W. Va. has $40,000 per accident for personal injury I think it was or $20,000 per person.  Between ambulance, ER, xray's, catscan, etc, I'm guessing they have more insurance than that.

W.Va. requires to carry: 

The bare minimum car insurance requirement for West Virginia drivers is:

$20,000 bodily injury per person per accident

$40,000 bodily injury for all persons per accident

$10,000 property damage liability

$20,000/$40,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury

$10,000 uninsured motorist property damage

$20,000/$40,000 underinsured motorist bodily injury

Underinsured coverage can be rejected in writing if you prefer not to purchase it. West Virginia does not require you to carry additional coverage such as Collision and Comprehensive. However, if you own property or other valuable assets, supplementing the minimum requirements can help you protect yourself from monetary loss.

Those are liability limits, i.e., your liability for the injuries to others and the property damage to others. They don't cover medical bills incurred by you as the driver and those in your car. That coverage is often called "med pay" and is a separate item - here's a general explanation: http://www.naic.org/documents/consumer_alert_understanding_auto.htm

Several years ago my state went from a no-fault auto insurance state to the old fashioned "tort" system which W. Va. has too. I had to add med pay to my policy to be sure my medical bills would be covered if I were hurt in an accident in my car and there was any question that I might be at fault. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Huh???  I mean I know canned green beans can be a bit slimy and unappealing but satanic green beans?  Did they have extra veggies in there?  Did one bean look like a pitchfork?

When David was away in the country of Africa and our poor, poor Jilly had to fend for herself and her brood, she cut her finger on an evil, satanic can of green beans.  This was because satan was throwing up all kinds of evil barriers to keep the holy Rods from their special ministry.  Thankfully, even though Jilly was suffering as much as families who have to deal with their loved ones who are deployed by the armed forces, god blessed her and saw her through this difficult time.  I don't think satan even had time to build a fortress or a pillow fort, thankfully!!  (Seriously, you just can't make this shit up!!)

12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

So, Jill is trying to get people to donate $20,000 to replace their errand running car. 

Inquiring minds want to know why do they need $20K to replace what looks like an $800 car???  Oh right, it's Jilly.

• Love 24
(edited)
5 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Thanks for the info @Jeeves.  I was unaware of the tort system.  Me thinks they may be screwed then.

It's really a different landscape in the old "tort" system vs. no-fault auto insurance states. Under no-fault, medical bills get paid at certain basic levels, even if there's enough damage/injury that lawyers will get involved and start fighting over liability and damages. When our state changed back from no-fault auto insurance to the old "tort" or "fault" system, a lot of emergency rooms, hospitals, etc., were really getting stiffed because suddenly either people didn't have insurance (hadn't added med pay) or insurance companies were playing their usual game of screwing everybody in sight and not paying a dime until it was yanked out of their sweaty palms by force. Sigh.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Normades said:

When David was away in the country of Africa and our poor, poor Jilly had to fend for herself and her brood, she cut her finger on an evil, satanic can of green beans.  This was because satan was throwing up all kinds of evil barriers to keep the holy Rods from their special ministry.  Thankfully, even though Jilly was suffering as much as families who have to deal with their loved ones who are deployed by the armed forces, god blessed her and saw her through this difficult time.  I don't think satan even had time to build a fortress or a pillow fort, thankfully!!  (Seriously, you just can't make this shit up!!)

Inquiring minds want to know why do they need $20K to replace what looks like an $800 car???  Oh right, it's Jilly.

That is hilarious!  Gotta watch those green beans!

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

That is hilarious!  Gotta watch those green beans!

Oh my yes!  You never know what satan will use as a vehicle against our poor Jilly.  And now that you've mentioned pitchfork shaped beans, I'm a bit frightened myself.  I did neglect to mention in my answer that the cut to her blessed finger was SEVERE!!  But, you knew that already, didn't you? ;)

• Love 7