Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Heathen said:

Judging from the fundies I've known, the rush to marriage was partly so they wouldn't be tempted to have sex out of wedlock, and partly because marriage is (allegedly) for adults, and fundies always seem to rush to (alleged) adulthood. Overly religious people of any stripe always seem old before their time. 

(I say allegedly because the many fundies I've known are the least curious, most emotionally stunted and immature people I've ever met. But they're married "Christians" and I'm not, so by fundie logic, they're better than me.) 

I think you're right about the sex out of wedlock issue.  I think they try to marry off the guys more quickly because of course girls don't have any urges, only men do.  Girls have no problem not having sex until they get married or never because it doesn't matter to them.

Ok, I almost choked typing that, but that is how many of them feel.  I feel sorry for any girl who has those feelings because she probably thinks she must be the whore of babylon and not just a normal woman. And she has no one to talk to and no access to look anything medical (or otherwise ;) up on the computer.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, EAG46 said:

The Seewalds are 3 years younger than me and they're already grandparents?!   I know logically that's possible but that just stuns me.  

Me too.   I had to read their birthdays twice....  so sad.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Normades said:

I think you're right about the sex out of wedlock issue.  I think they try to marry off the guys more quickly because of course girls don't have any urges, only men do.  Girls have no problem not having sex until they get married or never because it doesn't matter to them.

Ok, I almost choked typing that, but that is how many of them feel.  I feel sorry for any girl who has those feelings because she probably thinks she must be the whore of babylon and not just a normal woman. And she has no one to talk to and no access to look anything medical (or otherwise ;) up on the computer.

They do rush them into getting married just so they don't have sex out of wedlock.   Everyone in my entire family did the same thing (except for me).  Get married quick before you can't help yourself and have sex.   Most recently, my niece got married just 10 days after getting engaged.   They moved into his parents house as they cannot afford to support themselves.   I guess it's more important to remain pure?    Drives me crazy!

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

They do rush them into getting married just so they don't have sex out of wedlock.   Everyone in my entire family did the same thing (except for me).  Get married quick before you can't help yourself and have sex.   Most recently, my niece got married just 10 days after getting engaged.   They moved into his parents house as they cannot afford to support themselves.   I guess it's more important to remain pure?    Drives me crazy!

I know right?  They can't afford to live on their own, but its okay for them to get married so that they don't have sex out of wedlock?  The priorities with these folks are seriously twisted.

Not to mention that a lot of fundies are single issue voters.  Nothing matters but abortions. 

• Love 19
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

What I found:

Michael A. Seewald - born on November 20, 1974

Guinnevere "Guinn" M. Eaton - born on July 14, 1974

No WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm wondering how old people think my husband and I actually are?  I truly thought they were in their 50's.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Jill R has a new blog post up.  I don’t want to SPOIL it for anyone, but prepare yourselves for LOTS of RANDOM capitalization and pictures of her unfortunate children. Oh, and a tale of how one of them INSISTED on taking her out and buying her a PRESENT!  I’m making myself stabby. 

Edited by Kbo
Stupid autocorrect
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, DragonFaerie said:

Urgh.  I went there before alcohol.  There must be 5 million photos, but hey everyone, BUY PLEXUS because you know, she's already lost all the pregnancy weight.  UGH.  

So did I. Big mistake. I'm eying my wine. Yikes, don't forget to contact her if you want to buy PLEXUS. Sheesh.

• Love 5

oh and let's not forget how BUSY they stay with 13 kids.  Really?  You don't say??  I'm shocked.  (sarcasm font)

@Westiepeach  I decided a beer with lunch was reasonable.  Especially since all the rest of the day's work will be at home.  

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Marigold said:

No WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm wondering how old people think my husband and I actually are?  I truly thought they were in their 50's.  

They clearly stated on tv when Jessa got married that Guinn was 38 and we talked about it on the boards. I'm surprised everyone is surprised.

Guinn looks ten years younger than Michelle when they sit together. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

They clearly stated on tv when Jessa got married that Guinn was 38 and we talked about it on the boards. 

That means we could have had both Guinn and Jessa pregnant at the same time.  That would have made for intersting TV.  Or Spurgy could be older than an aunt or uncle (this did happen in my family).

6 minutes ago, Temperance said:

They clearly stated on tv when Jessa got married that Guinn was 38 and we talked about it on the boards. I'm surprised everyone is surprised.

Guinn looks ten years younger than Michelle when they sit together. 

I guess I forgot!  

Guinn looks good...it's Mr Seewald that makes me wonder.  I guess it's not his appearance, just he just sounds so ooooold.  

Hahaha! jessa and Guinn pregnant would be some ratings.  jim Bob is probably charting Guinn's cycle as we speak. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I guess I forgot!  

Guinn looks good...it's Mr Seewald that makes me wonder.  I guess it's not his appearance, just he just sounds so ooooold.  

Hahaha! jessa and Guinn pregnant would be some ratings.  jim Bob is probably charting Guinn's cycle as we speak. 

I doubt Guinn could have a baby or wants one, since they haven't had one in a long time.  Lauren Swanson's mother just had a baby so they've got her for ratings. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I doubt Guinn could have a baby or wants one, since they haven't had one in a long time.  Lauren Swanson's mother just had a baby so they've got her for ratings. 

Hmm, makes me wonder if Mr. Guinn had a bit of a snip and didn't let anyone other than Guinn know.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Urgh.  I went there before alcohol.  There must be 5 million photos, but hey everyone, BUY PLEXUS because you know, she's already lost all the pregnancy weight.  UGH.  

When’s Chimpy going to lose his?

• Love 18

I once delivered a 14 year old whose mother was there and bragging about being a 29 year old grandmother.  I was 31 at the time.  You can do the math.  If the pattern continued, she’s now pushing 60 and has great great grandkids.

BTW, she didn’t look 29, she didnt look 39, either.  She looked like 10 miles of bad road.  I’d recommend not bragging about what a young grandmother you are  unless you actually look your age.

• Love 24
10 minutes ago, Heathen said:

How old was she when her kids and grandkids were born? 

How is that possible?  That would mean that the average age of the mothers when delivered was 14.  I joked about it up thread, but it seems fairly unlikely.

• Love 2

I had a friend who had her daughter at 15. (She went on to become an RN) Her daughter had a baby at 15. So grandma at 30. The granddaughter had a baby at 15. So my friend us a Great grandma at 45. Her granddaughter got her degree in nursing also. I wonder about the GGD.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, awaken said:

Does she mention how baby Janessa is doing?  

Janessa’s Doctor said……

We had a doctor’s appointment today for Janessa with the neurosurgeon. It went GREAT and so far Janessa is defying all the odds in her accomplishments….especially since she is missing her corpus collosum! Thank God! 

I can’t believe our little angel turned ONE month already on May 11th. Today (Wednesday) Janessa is 5 weeks old already! Life SURE is a vapor! I am trying to cherish EVERY moment! 

AC229079-8C26-4762-B7F0-B05B5C07C6B1.jpeg

As long as I was there.........

I LOVE this saying below! You know, the world always accuses Christians of brain “washing” our children.

Guess what, they do the SAME thing with their corrupt philosophy if they teach our children! Except I wouldn’t call it brain “washing”, but rather brain “dirtying”! 

So, let us boldly teach them TRUTH from the FINAL authority – the Word of God – the BIBLE! 

D705FC6B-FDA4-4DF4-BFB9-94C3BF0D53B3.jpeg

• Love 1

I found this creepy. Why not just correct what was typed? 

A PLUG for Plexus!  I have lost my baby (pregnancy weight) very quickly.  I feel great!  I am SO thankful for Plexus!  Message me if you are interested! 

5FC6416A-8E09-4EF0-B372-E82A5CF7182A.jpeg

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A PLUG for Plexus!  I have lost my baby (pregnancy weight) very quickly.  I feel great!  I am SO thankful for Plexus!  Message me if you are interested! 

Too bad that the magic drink doesn't work on her husband's belly fat.  He's a walking billboard against Plexus.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I found this creepy. Why not just correct what was typed? 

5FC6416A-8E09-4EF0-B372-E82A5CF7182A.jpeg

Spanx or Photoshop? My money is on both. 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Heathen said:

She posted another picture about 1 week post partum bragging about how much weight she had already lost and you can see the obvious outline of a waist trainer.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

I think post partum bodies are beautiful. There’s something about that new mama/new baby look that gets me. 

I really hate the competition to “get my body back.”

I call BS on this picture. Her arms don’t match her miraculously small waist. She is just one month post partum after x amount of births. It seems like in order for her waist to be that small, she would have to have very little body fat all over. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

She posted another picture about 1 week post partum bragging about how much weight she had already lost and you can see the obvious outline of a waist trainer.

I think she has that waist trainer on along with some sort of shaping tights.  Her skirt is laying too smoothly on her lower body for her to to have something on. 

11 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I think post partum bodies are beautiful. There’s something about that new mama/new baby look that gets me. 

I really hate the competition to “get my body back.”

I call BS on this picture. Her arms don’t match her miraculously small waist. She is just one month post partum after x amount of births. It seems like in order for her waist to be that small, she would have to have very little body fat all over. 

She's also using multiple posing tricks to appear thinner: hips and shoulders at an angle, chin up and out, shooting from above. She might as well have a sign that says "I'm not actually this thin." Besides Spanx and Photoshop. 

I don't give a damn if she or any other postpartum woman gains, loses, or stays at her pregnancy weight. Just don't lie. 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I think she has that waist trainer on along with some sort of shaping tights.  Her skirt is laying too smoothly on her lower body for her to to have something on. 

Plus she must have cameras mounted on the ceiling or something, because every photo of her kids lately also has that ridiculously exaggerated angle that makes them look like skeletal bobbleheads. And even if the kids ARE, in fact, bordering on looking severely malnourished, this same angle makes Jill look more or less "normally slim"

• Love 5

I’m just happy that the new baby appears healthy. And I hope that she receives early intervention should she need it. At least this brood seems to have faith in medical science, no matter what they think of the other branches of science. 

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Her face looks like hell. Maybe she should concentrate on her family for a while instead of trying to be a model. ( which she is not in ANY way). 

She always looks like a streetwalker to me.  

• Love 20
On 5/10/2018 at 1:41 PM, Temperance said:

Kelly and Gil  Bates are college-educated and their culture before joining IBLP was probably encouraging education for all. Sending their kids to Crown is possibly a melding of both their current beliefs (religious to a fault) and their previous beliefs (education is good thing).

It's also possible that Kelly and Gil want their girls to have a fall-back career in case they need it. (For example, if the couple decided they needed more cash or if the something bad happens and one of their girls is widowed, etc.) 

I firmly believe Kelly and Gil are for Crown College because it's good husband hunting grounds. 

• Love 5

According to Wiki Janessa's prognosis is very broad, from hardly any notable struggles to some very significant challenges. 

And most websites recommend avoiding using Plexus during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.

• Love 3
On 5/17/2018 at 3:28 AM, Heathen said:

Judging from the fundies I've known, the rush to marriage was partly so they wouldn't be tempted to have sex out of wedlock, and partly because marriage is (allegedly) for adults, and fundies always seem to rush to (alleged) adulthood. Overly religious people of any stripe always seem old before their time. 

(I say allegedly because the many fundies I've known are the least curious, most emotionally stunted and immature people I've ever met. But they're married "Christians" and I'm not, so by fundie logic, they're better than me.) 

Not just to keep the young couple from having sex, but to also keep them from masturbating, which is considered just as sinful.

• Love 5
On 5/17/2018 at 2:04 PM, louannems said:

My brother was born in 1974 and he has 5 grandchildren.  The oldest is at college!

Assuming the oldest isn't a child prodigy attending college at age 10, your brother (now 43 or 44) became a grandfather at age 26 or younger when the one in college was born in 2000 or earlier? Um... I know it's nosy but I guess I'm curious as to how you possibly become a grandfather at 26 (or younger.) Did two generations in a row each have a child at age 12 or 13? Or maybe you are referring to step grandchildren, and their mother is older? 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, becca3891 said:

Assuming the oldest isn't a child prodigy attending college at age 10, your brother (now 43 or 44) became a grandfather at age 26 or younger when the one in college was born in 2000 or earlier? Um... I know it's nosy but I guess I'm curious as to how you possibly become a grandfather at 26 (or younger.) Did two generations in a row each have a child at age 12 or 13? Or maybe you are referring to step grandchildren, and their mother is older? 

OMG!  You're right!  My brother is now 62!  I got mixed up!  He GRADUATED high school in 1974!  Sorry folks.

For the record, he married at 22 and his first born got his girlfriend friend pregnant at 17, and they married and that resulting baby is now in college.

• Love 13
(edited)
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I can't believe she breastfeeds while taking that crap and is PROUD about it. Fuck you, Jill.

I think it's pretty clear that her children's food intake is of little or no concern to her. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7