Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I don't hate Janessa....I know a few people named that so I guess I'm used to it. For all the *many* faults of this family at least most of their children's names are in the realm of "normal".  I hope she is doing well. 

• Love 5

FJ mole has more info: a few pics up...Jill did not have to have a c-section, says the doctor and midwife "worked wonders" to avoid it. Pics of her all dolled up (surprise). Baby is cute, no distress, has dark hair. Live video to come. 

eta pic: 

5B535281-E45C-4347-BF17-72E0C2B484F9.jpeg.75fc9ec7617c52f9f830e85a3bf730b9.jpeg

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I hope she's just not feeling up to posting and not that the baby is doing poorly.  Jill and Chimpy aren't my favorite people, but I wouldn't wish a sick baby on anyone.

Nurie seems incredibly childish, not just her writing, but her entire persona.  I remember being 18 and I remember being far more mature than she seems to be.  It's not just the intellectual stunting, it's the emotional stuff that bugs.  Remember, Jill has been soliciting a husband for Nurie for almost a year now.  Then look at that note.  She is not anywhere close to being adult enough for marriage.  

Wasn't it about a year ago that Jill was posting about a VERY SPECIAL young man who had been visiting, and that Nurie was going to be sad after he left, blah blah? Apparently that must have fizzled. 

Side note: Is anyone keeping up with Bringing Up Bates? Tori has been coming off as incredibly rude lately.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, becca3891 said:

Wasn't it about a year ago that Jill was posting about a VERY SPECIAL young man who had been visiting, and that Nurie was going to be sad after he left, blah blah? Apparently that must have fizzled. 

Side note: Is anyone keeping up with Bringing Up Bates? Tori has been coming off as incredibly rude lately.

Yep, Nurie had a suitor about a year ago who gave her amazingly wonderful gifts from the Dollar Store and GUM, y’all!!!  It was very fourth grade level ‘romance’ and he disappeared without a trace, probably after spending an hour or two with his future in laws.  I guess he stole a piece of her heart because there hasn’t been anyone since.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I guess he stole a piece of her heart because there hasn’t been anyone since.

I wonder if you do hard time for stealing pieces of hearts or do they just give probation?  No wonder prisons are overcrowded!!

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Jill R. had the baby.

Janessa Ruth. 8 lb, 7 oz

No word yet on anything else.

Look JB , I named my daughter after your kids . Now please invite me to Josiah's wedding or let my Nurie marry the sinner twin  JD .

• Love 20
On 4/11/2018 at 3:56 PM, Zahdii said:

Jill R. had the baby.

Janessa Ruth. 8 lb, 7 oz

Janessa is a pretty name IMHO, but it just seems like a ploy to get attention from the Duggars. In the fundy world, when there is a famous family known for "J" names, choosing a J name that's a combo of Duggar names = "please acknowledge us, Duggar family!"

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

FJ mole has more info: a few pics up...Jill did not have to have a c-section, says the doctor and midwife "worked wonders" to avoid it. Pics of her all dolled up (surprise). Baby is cute, no distress, has dark hair. Live video to come. 

eta pic: 

5B535281-E45C-4347-BF17-72E0C2B484F9.jpeg.75fc9ec7617c52f9f830e85a3bf730b9.jpeg

Where are her (Jill) ACRYLIC nails??  (smile)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ChaChaSlide said:

Please delete my post if it’s not supposed to be here.

Hide contents

On another site, they posted another pic of Baby Janessajillannager (had to incorporate all 4 of Stormy’s favorite Duggar girls ?). The person who posted both pictures is Dawn Viola Uhlrooney on Facebook.

A31848DF-B49D-4712-B89C-0405970699FF.jpe

Someone also made a comment (and it’s still up). I get we all have our feelings about silly Jilly, but it’s out of hand to post on a status she’s tagged in when she JUST had a baby. 

BF7C4907-84A3-4A9F-914D-535D21DE4FE0.png

Apparently Gia Marie Hild is part of some private snark page that Pickles owns. 

ChaChaSlide, this is the place for your post, but no reason to hide the new picture of the baby and the horrible post that woman put on Jills FB.

Well, Miss Gia hasn't said anything that hasn't been said about Jill R already, but to put it all in one post and to put it on Jills page only hours after she gave birth is hitting below the belt.  Not surprising that Pickles is involved.

FWIW, I also believe that Jill is either a narcissist or has strong narcissist traits, and I've wondered just what was going on with the baby, but I never believed that Jill was outright lying.  I thought it was more like Jill reacting in full dramatic fashion after being told that her baby had some kind of anomaly in her brain.  (I actually understand that, because there's nothing that will send me off the deep end like being told something is or could be wrong with one of my kids.  Luckily, I'm not surrounded by people who feed my fears.)

Anyway, Jill seems to be incapable of hearing bad news without jumping straight into a Level 10 emotional outburst.  Couple that with her natural tendency to grift and we get this mess.

Still, I believe Jill was told that something was abnormal and there was no way to tell just how it would all shake out.  I'm fairly certain she stopped listening after she heard "abnormal" and David's been talking her down ever since. 

Sadly, I'm not sure this is over.  From what I understand, little Janessa may grow up without any signs of a problem, or she might show signs later on.  Jill's riding high on avoiding a C-section and Janessa's apparent good health right now, but if issues show up later on, expect Jill to jump right back on the drama llama.  She just can't help it. 

I know I've been jumping back and forth here, so let me end it with this:  I choose to give a sigh of relief that the birth is over, and baby Janessa appears to be just fine and adorable.  Let the Rod family have some time to decompress.  All too soon things will be back to normal.

• Love 16
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Yes, she is insufferable. Bobby could've done way better.

Idk what's her deal, and I agree Bobby should have found a normal Christian girl in his hometown. In a recent Facebook live Tori said she wasn't pregnant but hoping she would be soon. I guess she's sick of school and looking for something to entertain herself with.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, lianau said:

Looks like TFDW has scored another blessing,  to be delivered in September.

I knew it! Pris looked like she had a bump in some of their more recent Instagram posts. I think TFDW is a fruitcake, but I respect that he works, owns a house and supports his family independent of Daddy's handouts, unlike Smuggar....

7 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Idk what's her deal, and I agree Bobby should have found a normal Christian girl in his hometown. In a recent Facebook live Tori said she wasn't pregnant but hoping she would be soon. I guess she's sick of school and looking for something to entertain herself with.

Good Lord, they've only been married what, three months? Why not wait to get pregnant until after she finishes school? Does she really want to be sitting in class, exhausted and nauseous?

• Love 15

Hopefully, Tori can at least go one more month without a pregnancy and finish school. 

It was getting more and more obvious that Priscilla was pregnant.  I'm glad they announced it. 

Janessa is supposed to have testing done today.  It's good she's able to maintain herself normally though.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, zoomama said:

i like the name janessa. i had a couple of students with that name, years ago.  who ever asked about pronunciation, i call it jan--essa, not jan-eeeee-sa.

That's what I thought. I kind of like Janesia or Janet, too. I'm sure the next Rod kid, Jamesiah, will so well with his name, too.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Jill R. had the baby.

Janessa Ruth. 8 lb, 7 oz

My cousin has an 18 y/o named Janessa.  I thought she made the name up.  Another cousin has Julissa which I believe was also made up.

Good to know that baby Janessa is, at the very least, of normal weight.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Jan-essa, or Jan-eeeee-sa? 

I'm glad the birth went well an I hope the stroke issues are minimal. She's gonna need all the luck she can get.

In my cousin's case, it's pronounced Jan-essa.  Her nickname has always been Nessa.

Maybe Bobby picked Tori, partly because of the rising star that is the Bates brand and he wants to have a big ministry.

Also he liked her, and she's beautiful and smart. 

I can't comment on her personality, since I've never seen the show. I'd like to see the supposedly progressive Bates, let one of their daughters live on her own and not have a boyfriend, but that doesn't seem likely. 

• Love 1

I would never describe the Bateses as "progressive." They just let their kids hold hands sooner than engagement and don't dress like Duggar frumps. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Jan-essa, or Jan-eeeee-sa? 

I'm glad the birth went well an I hope the stroke issues are minimal. She's gonna need all the luck she can get.

Juh-nes-ah is how she pronounced it on her Facebook live. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I would never describe the Bateses as "progressive." They just let their kids hold hands sooner than engagement and don't dress like Duggar ftumps. 

That's only because they have money and a spotlight. They used to wear the same frumpy praisie styled dresses we used to see the Duggars in too. I too wouldn't call them progressive. Gil is far more fundie than JB. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

That's only because they have money and a spotlight. They used to wear the same frumpy praisie styled dresses we used to see the Duggars in too. I too wouldn't call them progressive. Gil is far more fundie than JB. 

Exactly. The Bateses are just Duggars in cleaner clothes. 

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

and hair/skin

True, and most of the Bateses, unlike most of the Duggars, look like they might have made friends with a freaking hairbrush at some point in their adult lives. 

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Exactly. The Bateses are just Duggars in cleaner clothes. 

If the Duggars and TLC hadn't come along they would still be poor and living in that tiny house and the most stylish bates would still look like this:

sweetAlyssa.jpg.e1705c0c6de9fd397758e41f4a787bdc.jpg

tumblr_inline_p2ut17P6iw1upb6ld_500.jpg.55bb1c18f027a25313528156a693ee73.jpgScreenshot_20180412-131152.thumb.jpg.8be4b76300b354a9ff729fee6527734a.jpg

• Love 7

That is one frumpy outfit ?teenage Erin has going on there in the second picture.   Complete with similar  shoes my 95 yr old mother wears. And what's with Fundy ladies & their perms? *  I know perms were a thing back in the day  (I had a couple too) but they just don't seem a good look on the Fundies. Maybe because they did their own home perms vs beauty shop ones or the length of their hair has something to do with it. 

*IIRC, Goddard likes women with long curly hair. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Yep, Nurie had a suitor about a year ago who gave her amazingly wonderful gifts from the Dollar Store and GUM, y’all!!!  It was very fourth grade level ‘romance’ and he disappeared without a trace, probably after spending an hour or two with his future in laws.  I guess he stole a piece of her heart because there hasn’t been anyone since.

It's already been a year!?!? I remember reading about it, and seeing the gifts he got her. It seems like it's only been a few months.. A year!?!? Woah... 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Baby Janessa Rod had her MRI today and is awaiting results.

She also had a CT and "the results are not promising" but it's too soon for a diagnosis or to draw conclusions.

May I ask who said the results of the CT “are not promising” ?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

May I ask who said the results of the CT “are not promising” ?

Another snark board, Free Jinger, has a member who friends Jill Rod on her private Facebook. That's what Jill said.  It sounds like they are still awaiting the neuroradiologist's reading.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, louannems said:

Another snark board, Free Jinger, has a member who friends Jill Rod on her private Facebook. That's what Jill said.  It sounds like they are still awaiting the neuroradiologist's reading.

Thank you.

• Love 3

Jill has also apparently posted a selfie of herself crying while holding the baby. We know she has the propensity to overshare, but why post such a private moment of pain and fear of the unknown? I guess she gets pity points, but why not just leave it alone until more is known about Janessa's condition/prognosis?

• Love 10

I have lighter moment for this thread, which this thread could use. Chelsy Renee Bontrager Maxwell has been doing a lot of blogging. She has time to do a full write-up about her wedding (from December) and posted lots of pictures. She did part 3 of her wedding on her blog Tuesday. Her parents decided they needed to post pictures of her wedding on Wednesday. Today (Thursday) her in-laws decided they couldn't be outdone and posted pictures of her wedding. Normally her in-laws, the Maxwells, only update their blog Monday, Wednesday, Friday, but they changed the schedule and posted more wedding pics on a day they don't usually blog.  It could be this was all planned by both families (maybe in lead-up to pregnancy announcement) or it's just people trying to stir up interest and one-up each other. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 8