Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, louannems said:

To me, the older Jill Rod girls have totally fake sounding, breathless, high-pitched voices.  Sometimes, I even think they are purposefully doing a parody of Jill!!!

Do you think they’d be allowed to get away with such behavior if that was the case? They’d probably be docked a food ration under the guise of ‘fasting “.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Jill is more likely to see her daughters copying her mannerisms as a) a successful result of her coaching them or b) imitation, which is the highest form of flattery. 

Plus, I doubt they've spent a whole lot of time with many other adult women. While they've been crammed inside a truck with her -- no doubt yakking incessantly -- for years and years. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

...but it’s more economical for a large family to buy plain yogurt and add fresh fruits to it.

In my experience, plain yogurt is the same price as flavored yogurt. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Marigold said:

This is a bizarre thing to say but a Duggar boy would be a huge step up for Nurie.  

JB would never allow that , there is simply  not enough space for two giant narcissists in the same vicinity .

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

In my experience, plain yogurt is the same price as flavored yogurt. 

Yeah, but the large size tubs are more economical and mostly only seem to come in either plain or vanilla.Plain is actually my favorite, but I do have a weakness for pairing it with potato chips, or just potatoes in general as though it was sour cream.. Must be a Polish thing...Fruit is probably much healthier!

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Yeah, but the large size tubs are more economical and mostly only seem to come in either plain or vanilla.Plain is actually my favorite, but I do have a weakness for pairing it with potato chips, or just potatoes in general as though it was sour cream.. Must be a Polish thing...Fruit is probably much healthier!

It’s been common knowledge [or was when people were concerned with real facts as opposed to alternative ones] that plain yogurt is an excellent replacement for the higher saturated fat and calories of sour cream. I’ve used it on baked potatoes and found it comparable in taste and texture, though a bit more runny, but palatable overall.

• Love 4

Would these fundie families want to take the extra time to portion from what I, as a singleton with a singleton's-sized refrigerator that can never handle it before it all spoils, lovingly call "the vat", though?  Or do you think they'd be more anxious about "wasting" time (and money!) trying to make sure that so-and-so got remotely equivalent to the next kid's in the roster, without refereeing fights?

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Plain is my favorite too, with berries and a dash of cinnamon. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, McManda said:

Exactly why it'll probably never happen. JB won't have his sons slummin' it. (But really he probably just doesn't want Jill as an in-law.)

Selfishly I think Nuri deserves better than a Duggar anyway, but I'd be for it if got her some real food ... and maybe the bonus of a style update from modestly modern Jessa.

The bolded is the gospel truth. Everyone in the Gothard cult are strange, but the Rodriguii are straight up weirdos, not to mention famewhores themselves. They would make it a point to be in Arkansas and in Nuri and her Duggar husband’s hair as much as possible, both for screentime and to grift off their inlaws. Plus, as emaciated as the kids look in pictures, I’m sure on HD video they look even more sallow and sickly. As much as people inquired about Derick when he developed that gagging thing and dropped weight, there would be an outrage to see two portly parents with 13 scrawny kids on TV. Duggars nor TLC can afford any more scrutiny. 

• Love 10
54 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Will JRod and Chimpy and their emaciated brood of underfed children dare to show up?

I'm dying to know too. We all know that Jill will be working the room hard looking for a sucker errr I mean Godly young man for Nurie.

I doubt there will be much food because Kelly believes in rations. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Will JRod and Chimpy and their emaciated brood of underfed children dare to show up?

If it's a free meal, somewhat clean bathrooms, & a photo opt,  they'll be there.  Gotta keep those starving kids on the road so those evil authorities don't see them.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I'm dying to know too. We all know that Jill will be working the room hard looking for a sucker errr I mean Godly young man for Nurie.

I doubt there will be much food because Kelly believes in rations. 

To be fair its not like the Bates boys are doing a good job in finding girls to marry so she might think Nurie still has a chance. She won't let her daughter call of a courtship like Sarah and Ashley did! Or the Duggar boys with Marjorie and the lucky girl who dodged a bullet but not marrying Josh. 

• Love 2

I was on the davidncil Instagram reading.  If you scroll right to the 3rd picture, you shall see Princilla's Waller in The Mustard Cardigan!  And her husband, David, has a sweet matchy tie!!!

I know Jill has swapped out The Mustard Cardigan for her new and improved version of the Pumpkin Sweater so just maybe she passed it down to Anna, who in turn gave it to her sister, Princilla!

• Love 3

Ha, mustard cardigan was my first thought!  And color coordinated outfits of course.

The baby has really grown up!  I’m sure it’ll be time for #4 soon!  

And priscilla looks more grown up with the all-over curled hair and necklace. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, louannems said:

I was on the davidncil Instagram reading.  If you scroll right to the 3rd picture, you shall see Princilla's Waller in The Mustard Cardigan!  And her husband, David, has a sweet matchy tie!!!

I know Jill has swapped out The Mustard Cardigan for her new and improved version of the Pumpkin Sweater so just maybe she passed it down to Anna, who in turn gave it to her sister, Princilla!

Holy crap, when worlds collide! Services were held the next suburb over from me.  Theat church and mortuary are six miles from my house!  That church hosts a cool rummage sale each summer.  Was grandpa divorced? 

• Love 1

I wonder if the guests will get that ONE tablespoon of chicken salad per guest.

Hee! I think I am just glad that they serve something besides the traditional Duggar wedding snacks. The Duggar's set such a low bar that a tablespoon of chicken salad seems like a feast.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Jill has a better chance of roping in a Duggar boy than she has with the Bates boys.  They are good looking and actually have personalities.  Unlike the Duggar clan of white bread dullards.

I agree but if Nurie marries a Bates, maybe the sisters could give her some much needed beauty & clothing advice.  At least more than she would get from the Duggar ladies.

• Love 2

I think it was Tori who wanted to wait until after graduation and her mom/sisters were pressuring her to get married before.  Kelly wanted to lock Bobby down and Erin was reassuring Tori that she could get married and then graduate like Erin did.  I can't remember if Gil cared either way, he likes to put on a persona that he wants his daughters to stay at home forever.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, birkenstock said:

I think it was Tori who wanted to wait until after graduation and her mom/sisters were pressuring her to get married before.  Kelly wanted to lock Bobby down and Erin was reassuring Tori that she could get married and then graduate like Erin did.  I can't remember if Gil cared either way, he likes to put on a persona that he wants his daughters to stay at home forever.

Kelly  is all about hooking them before they can run away! So strange that Tori would agree to it because she would have to share her anniversary month with Zach and Whit and I believe that her parents got married in December.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, birkenstock said:

That drove me crazy! They weren't listening to Tori or caring about what Tori wanted. She wanted to get married after she graduated. They should have accepted that. I hate that she gave in and went with December.  Or that after Tori explained why she wanted to wait until after graduating (she didn't want to deal with planning a wedding and classes) Erin was all 'I did it'. Well, good for you Erin. You did it. You probably wanted too. Your sister doesn't. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

Kelly  is all about hooking them before they can run away! So strange that Tori would agree to it because she would have to share her anniversary month with Zach and Whit and I believe that her parents got married in December.

You want them married off young before they learn how to think for themselves.

• Love 7
On 12/13/2017 at 6:15 PM, louannems said:

This photo... I'm happy that the old guy had a nice lunch before he shuffled off this mortal coil. Going to see Jesus? Don't forget a hearty lunch!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I have attended many funerals and have never seen someone take   pictures at the service. If they did in private, it was never posted. 

What I find creepy is people taking pictures of the deceased themselves. In the UK, most if not all funerals are/were closed casket. Been to a few funerals of cancer patients and they either look like a jaundiced skeleton or puffy and bloated with jaundice and a fried looking wig. 

I get it that some people make that request for open casket if they still have minor children. And I asked someone WHY on earth she took a picture of her deceased friend, and she told me that she hadn’t seen her in years and she actually looked better than she’d seen her in years.   In retrospect, it wasn’t kind of me to be so judgmental. My SIL took pictures of Mr E’s dad, which surprised me, but I kept my mouth shut this time. Dad actually looked better at peace since the stroke had left his face contorted. He hung on for 7 years and lived past 90.

• Love 3