Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 8/9/2017 at 5:14 PM, louannems said:

I have watched every Duggars episodes available, bit I know I never saw that episode.  Once I spent a whole day looking for it!  Anyone know which episode it was?

I found a link. YouTube has apparently blocked everything Duggar that is not from the tlc page. I wanted to rewatch the toilet birth but cannot find it anywhere.

• Love 3

Props to Priscilla for getting on the elephant, but I don't blame JD or Jana for not wanting to get into that water. Back when I was a flight attendant, a co-worker of mine caught a staph infection from swimming at a beach in Brazil. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Props to Priscilla for getting on the elephant, but I don't blame JD or Jana for not wanting to get into that water. Back when I was a flight attendant, a co-worker of mine caught a staph infection from swimming at a beach in Brazil. 

The water did look terrible!  But I can't get over at just how uncomfortable and standoffish and out of place looking JD and Jan's seemed.  The rest of the missiocationers, although obviously fundie-dressed, were actually having fun.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, louannems said:

The water did look terrible!  But I can't get over at just how uncomfortable and standoffish and out of place looking JD and Jan's seemed.  The rest of the missiocationers, although obviously fundie-dressed, were actually having fun.

Yeah, when girls dressed in Pilgrim nun habits are calling you a fuddy duddy, it's time to re-evaluate your life. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Lunera said:

I found a link. YouTube has apparently blocked everything Duggar that is not from the tlc page. I wanted to rewatch the toilet birth but cannot find it anywhere.

"Over the past 20 years, the Duggar’s have had 11 cats, 7 dogs, 5 rabbits and 4 birds."

The question remains, where are all of the animals?  

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 2

Is Pris a natural blonde? I've never seen pics of her with dark roots, yet not too many adults are that blonde. If she bleaches her hair, I'm surprised she has the time to stay on top of it so well. I'm assuming David is a natural blonde though - agreed?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, truthtalk2014 said:

"Over the past 20 years, the Duggar’s have had 11 cats, 7 dogs, 5 rabbits and 4 birds."

The question remains, where are all of the animals?  

Apparently the animals are smarter than the kids and have left!

• Love 12
12 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Is Pris a natural blonde? I've never seen pics of her with dark roots, yet not too many adults are that blonde. If she bleaches her hair, I'm surprised she has the time to stay on top of it so well. I'm assuming David is a natural blonde though - agreed?

I think Pris is a natural blonde, although she probably enhances it with bleach.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Lunera said:

I'm 100% supportive of John David in this case. I think I contracted an intestinal parasite just looking at that video.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

IMO, David and Priscilla are natural blondes. I think he 'rubbed out' their retainers in that photo.

David is a fading ginger. He wasn't as pronounced as Prince Harry, for example, but he is strawberry blonde in older pictures (think of the fabulous one in the floral apron when he was about 15).

37 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

David is a fading ginger. He wasn't as pronounced as Prince Harry, for example, but he is strawberry blonde in older pictures (think of the fabulous one in the floral apron when he was about 15).

That's not a floral apron!  It's fruity!

• Love 9
6 hours ago, doodlebug said:

That's not a floral apron!  It's fruity!

Bad time to add that I ran an LGBT open house in college once called fruits with fruits?

(Also, anytime I hear fruit as gay, i think of the movie Clue: "I'm a plant!" "I thought men like you were called fruits!"

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, questionfear said:

Bad time to add that I ran an LGBT open house in college once called fruits with fruits?

(Also, anytime I hear fruit as gay, i think of the movie Clue: "I'm a plant!" "I thought men like you were called fruits!"

Back when I was still dating Mr Jyn (and we are talking some 33 years), I recall going past a sign for Gay City State Park (our neck of the woods), with a sign for the local fruit orchards tacked underneath. Not PC humor in this day and age, but back then that juxtaposition gave us a giggling fit.

9 hours ago, Portia said:

I'm 100% supportive of John David in this case. I think I contracted an intestinal parasite just looking at that video.

If the nasty water wasn't enough, the girl wearing the blue dress from the 1800's definitely gave me one.  Poor elephants. 

ETA:  Jana better look back fondly on this video.  It is probably the first and last time she will ever be released from captivity. 

Edited by truthtalk2014

Well, JESUS. DUH! He's still alive or she wouldn't have posted that. Jesus protects drunks, children, and fools. 

I haven't seen Michael's hair lately, but Josie apparently has one one semester left to finish her program. I thought she started fall 2016, but maybe they take spring entries? Isn't cosmetology school usually two years, or is it less and Clown is adding in bible study (which they do...saw the curriculum)? 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Can I now call him David "It's Fruity!" Waller?  You know, instead of TFDW,  please?

Spoiler

Can I now call him David "It's Fruity!" Waller?  You know, instead of TFDW, please?

Why does my comment say Hide Contents?  I am not a computer person.  Did I hit a wrong button?

Edited by flyingdi
I don't know what I'm doing!
26 minutes ago, flyingdi said:
  Hide contents

Can I now call him David "It's Fruity!" Waller?  You know instead of TFDW, please?

Why does my comment say Hide Contents?  I am not a computer person.  Did I hit a wrong button?

It looks like you've spoiler tagged it. Try editing, and hitting the lightning bolt in the grey tool bar.

4 hours ago, kalamac said:

It looks like you've spoiler tagged it. Try editing, and hitting the lightning bolt in the grey tool bar.

Thanks, did the best I could and still screwed it up.  I think computers are allergic to me.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, JESUS. DUH! He's still alive or she wouldn't have posted that. Jesus protects drunks, children, and fools. 

I haven't seen Michael's hair lately, but Josie apparently has one one semester left to finish her program. I thought she started fall 2016, but maybe they take spring entries? Isn't cosmetology school usually two years, or is it less and Clown is adding in bible study (which they do...saw the curriculum)? 

If I'm not mistaken, hair school is usually two years, yes. I just looked up the requirements in TN, and you need 1500 hours in "practice and theory at a school of cosmetology." Unless Josie is doing school like it's a full time job, I don't see how she could've built up enough hours to sit for the licensing exam. 

I looked it up as well this morning, and in less they allow spring admissions, she has a full year left to go. 

Speaking of which, when did "special friends" of Bates daughters get the green light for this? Must be courting...

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

Yikes the 3 Bates girls at once. I wonder if Josie will wait like Tori(?) is? Maybe the one that is Joy's friend will end up marrying first.

Edited to add his Twitter tag line: 

Kelton Balka

Pensacola Christian College Allumni - Finance Major. Hebrews 11:6 Josie Bates ?

Edited by GeeGolly
one to once
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Yikes the 3 Bates girls at one. I wonder if Josie will wait like Tori(?) is? Maybe the one that is Joy's friend will end up marrying first.

Edited to add his Twitter tag line: 

Kelton Balka

Pensacola Christian College Allumni - Finance Major. Hebrews 11:6 Josie Bates ?

Do you mean 3 Bates girls courting at once? I need to refresh myself on the Bates kids and their ages. 

• Love 1

Those courting Bates girls are desperate to get married. I think it was Carlin the other night who kept saying "it'll be better when I'm married", and "marry me" to her boyfriend..Yeesh, cut it out, girl. She sounded like a desperate old maid who was pressuring the poor guy to hurry up and propose. I don't see how this courting thing is a good experience for either of them. They ALL follow such a rigid set of rules put out for them...nothing spontaneous, no freedom to just enjoy each other and 'see where it goes'. They have their 4 steps to the altar and once they BEGIN TO COURT, they already know that a proposal will follow within a couple of months, usually. I would think the poor guy is already trapped and feels like it...judging by Bobby's non-reaction to Carlin encouraging him to propose, ALREADY..BTW, behavior like that isn't modest.

• Love 4

Oh, boy, I'm confused...one of the courting brunette Bates daughters was saying it'll be better 'when I'm married" and saying 'marry me" to her boyfriend. She was acting like a desperate old maid and speaking like one, too. She was on the episode last Thursday night,. It's just not MODEST to pressure a guy in to proposing.

That was Tori, who was responding to Kelly's pressure to get engaged LIKE NOW and marry while still in school like Erin did. Tori vows that she won't get married until she's graduated. Good for her. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I looked it up as well this morning, and in less they allow spring admissions, she has a full year left to go. 

Speaking of which, when did "special friends" of Bates daughters get the green light for this? Must be courting...

What is a "little baller"?  Is that a good or bad thing for Jud?

Edited by ariel
42 minutes ago, ariel said:

What is a "little baller"?  Is that a good or bad thing for Jud?

"Baller" is a slang term for someone who is confident and successful. It originally referred to ball players and other athletes, but has been expanded to include anyone who has made it to the big time in their field.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

"Baller" is a slang term for someone who is confident and successful. It originally referred to ball players and other athletes, but has been expanded to include anyone who has made it to the big time in their field.

In other words, there is no possible way this term applies to a little fundie kid.  It is meant to be a positive thing referring to someone who has achieved success, especially the monetary kind.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, doodlebug said:

In other words, there is no possible way this term applies to a little fundie kid.  It is meant to be a positive thing referring to someone who has achieved success, especially the monetary kind.

Maybe they were playing basketball and Jud is a good basket baller.

• Love 1