Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I made one guess before Jill's announcement. but I won't dig/pry to find out because if the guy asked for privacy and somehow got Jill to respect his decision good for him.

Jill will slip before long and give it away anyway.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
18 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I don't really care who he is, but I do care enough to hope that he's kind to Renee and that she will get to eat regular meals and have some freedom after they marry. I also hope Jill doesn't blow it for her. 

I share those hopes, but this is another fundie guy who has passed muster with Jill and David. IMO it means he has their same hateful beliefs, and has probably been raised to be a bigoted, close-minded, doctrinaire, fundie in the IFB mold. Where the man rules his house and his wife and kids obey. At least he dug into his pockets for a gift more expensive than a pack of gum. (Twelve bucks if it was this one.)

I feel sorry for the Rod kids - but they are being indoctrinated 24/7/365 by their parents. Therefore it will surprise the hell out of me if even one of them doesn't turn out to be just like their parents when they are adults. Timcel's lack of filter when sharing his ideas online, just shows us how they all think. He may be a shade creepier, but IMO he's typical of those fundie guys that hang around the Rods, and the Rods in general.

• Like 17
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 3
19 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I share those hopes, but this is another fundie guy who has passed muster with Jill and David. IMO it means he has their same hateful beliefs, and has probably been raised to be a bigoted, close-minded, doctrinaire, fundie in the IFB mold. Where the man rules his house and his wife and kids obey. At least he dug into his pockets for a gift more expensive than a pack of gum. (Twelve bucks if it was this one.)

I feel sorry for the Rod kids - but they are being indoctrinated 24/7/365 by their parents. Therefore it will surprise the hell out of me if even one of them doesn't turn out to be just like their parents when they are adults. Timcel's lack of filter when sharing his ideas online, just shows us how they all think. He may be a shade creepier, but IMO he's typical of those fundie guys that hang around the Rods, and the Rods in general.

That's what I have been thinking but you said it so well. They don't know any different. I'm reading "Educated" by Tara Westover. Different cult same idea.  

• Like 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I haven't seen any real guesses. 

Someone on FJ mentioned names, but I think removed them to keep the kid anonymous. He attends a church the Rods recently visited. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Yeah, I also have a hard time figuring out what constitutes "good" in this sad, strange IFB world. One tiny sliver of optimism, though, is that this guy is actually setting a boundary with Jill. If that means he's not going to fund the family, give Jill sm content or move in down the street, maybe there is a chance for a Rodlet to actually get a life of their own. (Timcel doesn't count. The chances that he and his handmaid aren't going to be living in the trailer next to the barndo for the foreseeable future are next to nil). 

• Like 18
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Anyone think JillRod will try to make a double wedding happen with Tim and Renee?

If Heidi's family pays for the wedding and reception, I'm sure Jill can figure out a way to get Renee and her beau married for free at the same time. 

She practically did that by having Dave, the Rodlets, herself, and some wedding guests show up at the Kellers' anniversary party to keep Nurie's wedding dirt cheap.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
53 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

If Heidi's family pays for the wedding and reception, I'm sure Jill can figure out a way to get Renee and her beau married for free at the same time. 

She practically did that by having Dave, the Rodlets, herself, and some wedding guests show up at the Kellers' anniversary party to keep Nurie's wedding dirt cheap.  

Jill's going to do this, I am certain.  Cheap bitch (unless it involves herself and HUNK) to the core.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Anyone think JillRod will try to make a double wedding happen with Tim and Renee?

Personally I doubt that would happen.  Jill has two occasions to perform at which has to be better than one.  Hopefully Heidi and her mom are calling the shots at her wedding.

3 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

If the guy likes privacy, he's getting involved with the wrong girl.

Perhaps he'll put his foot down and move her away from Mahmo.  Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
16 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Personally I doubt that would happen.  Jill has two occasions to perform at which has to be better than one.  Hopefully Heidi and her mom are calling the shots at her wedding.

Perhaps he'll put his foot down and move her away from Mahmo.  Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

And then there's that she doesn't want to move away. 

• Sad 7
5 minutes ago, SMama said:

Either Jonathan or Mystery Guy paid for dinner. Maybe Jonathan is relieved BME and DBD have another mark to grift from. 

Looks like a wallet on the table in front of 😎.

• Like 11
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 8

Also Jill is as usual wearing a mannish hat and a hoodie blouse. 

In Jill’s mind she already married off Tim/Renee and took the best presents from them. No one stand in the way of Jill getting her greedy paws on the best presents!

• Like 13
36 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

OMG, great observation! The grift never ends with those two.

40 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Pushing much, Jill?

Perhaps why Renee’s guy decided to be anonymous for now.  Jill may end up scaring him away with her constant pushing.  I would not doubt if Jill added the until they are engaged part. She is truly a vile person devoid of any redeeming qualities. 

• Like 16
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

So they made Mystery Man pay when he's been "courting" Renee for 5 minutes?

Those cheapos make me sick!  Shame on them!

Trial by fire, Mystery Man. 

Jill's going to slip up and reveal his identity before this pre-courtship is over. She's not as clever as she thinks she is. 

• Like 18
10 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Trial by fire, Mystery Man. 

Jill's going to slip up and reveal his identity before this pre-courtship is over. She's not as clever as she thinks she is. 

Pre-courtship has been superseded by Jill's official courtship announcement. They've even linked pinkies, foreplay to full-on hand sex. 😂

• LOL 14
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Good catch, Ginger  ... dinner is obviously over, the table is beginning to be cleared, the check has been delivered, and one person has his wallet laying out in front of him.  Because he just handed the server his credit card and he is waiting for them to bring it back to him.  

Welcome to the family, sucker!!!  

• Like 4
  • Sad 6
  • LOL 14

I love the idea of Jill meeting her match with an in-law, but I don't think well-adjusted people run in these circles. My guess is if he's anything remotely resembling normal, he'll be out of there faster than Nurie's first suitor, and otherwise, I suspect a power struggle between Jill and an in-law would be super unpleasant for the poor Rodling caught in the middle. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 2

Jill is at Kelly Bates level of reeling 'em in what with calling the two on the line "in-laws". If Mystery Man and poor Renee do marry, it will be in spite of pushy Jill. As for the ridiculous smiley face cover, I hate those things! She's definitely going to "slip up" and out him one of these days, so she can set the line and he'll have no way out. That woman is so awful. 

• Like 19
6 hours ago, Zella said:

I love the idea of Jill meeting her match with an in-law, but I don't think well-adjusted people run in these circles. 

Bingo!

6 hours ago, Zella said:

My guess is if he's anything remotely resembling normal, he'll be out of there faster than Nurie's first suitor, and otherwise, I suspect a power struggle between Jill and an in-law would be super unpleasant for the poor Rodling caught in the middle. 

Yep. 

I've idly wondered about Jonathan. His family has a lot more going for it than the Rods, in terms of education, finances, and probably status in the IFB world. When the courtship or engagement (I forget which) was announced, I looked up his dad's church online. At that time the church website had a whole page of information about the Hill family. A short time later, the church site had been scrubbed of the family information. I think that their new public association with the Rodrigues Family Serving Jesus (with a side of Plexus) Social Media Machine™ motivated the Hills to lock down their personal info in a hot hurry.

I was surprised that Jonathan moved to live near the Rods, and seems to have planted himself there instead of it a temporary thing during his engagement. I wonder if Jonathan has some issues with his parents or siblings, so it was more a matter of his own family dynamics than whatever Jill was pushing for. Or maybe he's just laid back and easily pushed around, and was in such hormonal heaven at the idea of getting married and having Teh Sex, that he danced to Jill's tune regardless.

BTW, in the "remotely resembling normal" category, I assume that the Jonathan-NotNurie marriage means that the Rods are guaranteed at least one yearly appearance at Rev Hill's church. It would be snarky fun, I think, to be a mouse in the corner observing the interaction between those two couples, the Rods and the Hills. I'd bet that the Hills look down their noses at those in-laws. WAY down. No matter that they are sisters and brothers worshipping the correct Jesus. I can't imagine Jill and Ma Hill bonding over hair and makeup, or Pa Hill and David talking about anything but their shared theology. I *can* imagine Jill busting her arse to worm their way into frequent appearances at the Hills' church, in the way they seem to have become embedded in Nathan's church. But I don't see Pa Hill being pushed into that. Heh.

• Like 13

Why can't she just say that they all met to eat out together? This is not a quadruple date. Let's see......marrieds all on the same side of the table? Yes, it's presumptuous to refer to the courting couples as "in-law children". This makes me think that they more or less must get engaged and marry...no real choice as it's the template. Sad, really if you think about it.

• Like 12
  • Sad 4

Jill has already said that Renee and Mystery Man are in love. That means Renee has given away a piece of her heart. If it doesn't work out, then she'll be damaged goods. If she scores a husband after that, she'll have to hear about it for the rest of her life like Michelle Duggar. I realize they're not IBLP, but they seem to follow similar courting rules to the Duggars. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 7
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Why can't she just say that they all met to eat out together? This is not a quadruple date. Let's see......marrieds all on the same side of the table? Yes, it's presumptuous to refer to the courting couplells as "in-law children". This makes me think that they more or less must get engaged and marry...no real choice as it's the template. Sad, really if you think about it.

If I was Mystery Man and saw that FB post, I would run from that relationship and that family.  Jill is a self-centered POS who ruins everything she touches.

• Like 17
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Why can't she just say that they all met to eat out together? This is not a quadruple date. Let's see......marrieds all on the same side of the table? Yes, it's presumptuous to refer to the courting couples as "in-law children". This makes me think that they more or less must get engaged and marry...no real choice as it's the template. Sad, really if you think about it.

Because these people love to throw around the "date" word even when they aren't dating. 

• Like 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

If I was Mystery Man and saw that FB post, I would run from that relationship and that family.  Jill is a self-centered POS who ruins everything she touches.

I agree. I don’t consider that picture as honoring his request as stated here, “Right now, this special young man has requested to remain anonymous. 🤫 He will "go public" once they are engaged.  We want to lovingly honor his request and give them this quiet time of leaning heavily into their relationship with each other and God. ❤️”.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 13
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I agree. I don’t consider that picture as honoring his request as stated here, “Right now, this special young man has requested to remain anonymous. 🤫 He will "go public" once they are engaged.  We want to lovingly honor his request and give them this quiet time of leaning heavily into their relationship with each other and God. ❤️”.

I agree.  In addition, what makes Jill think she has  a choice about his ‘request’.   It is most likely something he required before entering the courtship.  It’s his absolute right to keep his name and photo- of any part of his body -   off of her social media - and he has that right even after engagement or marriage.   One can only hope he’s got a backbone and will not let her bully him.  

• Like 17
  • Applause 1

Fundies are like 2 year olds playing hide-and-seek, if the face can't be seen they are hidden.

Jill and Jinger do the same thing.

Hopefully MM is okay with just his face being blocked. I also hope he knows hiding on JillR's SM makes him a target for more attention.

• Like 13
24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Fundies are like 2 year olds playing hide-and-seek, if the face can't be seen they are hidden.

And cats. 😂

3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I've idly wondered about Jonathan. His family has a lot more going for it than the Rods, in terms of education, finances, and probably status in the IFB world. When the courtship or engagement (I forget which) was announced, I looked up his dad's church online. At that time the church website had a whole page of information about the Hill family. A short time later, the church site had been scrubbed of the family information. I think that their new public association with the Rodrigues Family Serving Jesus (with a side of Plexus) Social Media Machine™ motivated the Hills to lock down their personal info in a hot hurry.

I was surprised that Jonathan moved to live near the Rods, and seems to have planted himself there instead of it a temporary thing during his engagement. I wonder if Jonathan has some issues with his parents or siblings, so it was more a matter of his own family dynamics than whatever Jill was pushing for. Or maybe he's just laid back and easily pushed around, and was in such hormonal heaven at the idea of getting married and having Teh Sex, that he danced to Jill's tune regardless.

I've wondered about Jonathan too. I remember when they purged that stuff from the website and a lot of people speculated he was dumping her. That would have been my guess too but that's clearly not what happened. Also didn't they initially talk about her moving to where he was? That didn't happen. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

Jill and DBD look so smug and comfortable in that picture. There is no way they paid a dime for that meal. Both POS make me sick. Hope Heidi didn't want the spotlight for long, once mystery man is outed, she will be one of two new "in laws".

• Like 9
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The fact that Mystery Dude set a boundary with Jill might also mean he is an asshole. Hopefully this doesn't mean he will be too controlling of Renee.

The idea of him asserting himself with Jill pleases me, but ... yeah.  Something about it makes me the tiniest bit uncomfortable.  He may well be a domineering jerk.  Or he will end up butting heads with Jill constantly, which would be hard for Renee.  But maybe he will end up being very good for her and encourage her to assert herself, though.  Maybe.  

I just don't see the slightest glimmer of happiness or excitement in her eyes in any of these pictures, though.  I know she always has that rictus grin plastered on ... but I think if this proposed union made her happy, there would be something in her eyes indicating that.  But there is no spark at all.  Nothing.  To me, she looks even more lost than usual.  

It makes me a bit sad and slightly worried for her. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 14
6 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

The idea of him asserting himself with Jill pleases me, but ... yeah.  Something about it makes me the tiniest bit uncomfortable.  He may well be a domineering jerk.  Or he will end up butting heads with Jill constantly, which would be hard for Renee.  But maybe he will end up being very good for her and encourage her to assert herself, though.  Maybe.  

I just don't see the slightest glimmer of happiness or excitement in her eyes in any of these pictures, though.  I know she always has that rictus grin plastered on ... but I think if this proposed union made her happy, there would be something in her eyes indicating that.  But there is no spark at all.  Nothing.  To me, she looks even more lost than usual.  

It makes me a bit sad and slightly worried for her. 

To be honest, every time I look at that photo I'm distracted by Jonathan's creepy as fuck expression. 😬 Renee who? 😁

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

Jill better watch it with all this in-law talk.  Kelly Bates did that with Trace's first girlfriend and she bolted pretty quickly because Kelly came on so strong.  The first time the girlfriend met them she was tapped to judge the costume contest and pose for the boutique.  Then everyone talked about when she would move to Tennessee.  I didn't blame the girl for taking off.

2 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I think Jonathon was so head-over-heels in love he was happy to do anything Kaylee (or Jill) asked. 

Not only in love, but probably super horny.  These guys can't do anything to release that tension because masturbating is off limits as well.  They must be climbing the walls by the time they put a ring on it.

• Like 13