Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Yesterday and today are student recruitment days at Phillip's Bible college. Prospective students are on campus for lots of preaching and some off campus fun at the roller rink this afternoon and pizza blast and indoor trampoline place tonight. Cost is $30 per student. I think I spy with my little eye both Sammers and Gabe sitting with Phillip.

Massillon is now offering a "rapid start" course for HS students who plan to attend Massillon after they graduate. They can earn 9 credits while in HS. So Gabe would be eligible.

Screenshot(380).thumb.png.d12a4fe1cab7a0c390956b34174653ba.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 7
On 3/30/2023 at 7:29 AM, BetyBee said:

I wonder what the family weakness is that Jill referred to? Too Godly? 

Heidi's sister does look over it. I've seen her tiktok videos - she seems quite thirsty for the attention her videos have been getting due to the new proximity to the Rods. She often wears a wig for some reason and puts the camera way too close to her face in her videos. She made one that says they are NOT engaged, but I think she's lying. She's pretty young herself and from a fundie family, so who knows? 🤷‍♀️

When/Where did Jill say that there was a weakness in the family?

On 3/30/2023 at 9:54 AM, oliviabenson said:

The retreat was $250?

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I would swear that I saw a FB post that said that.  My apologies if I’m mistaken.  Regardless of the cost, I’ll bet there were women there who saved money all year in order to be able to attend.  And regardless of the cost, I’ll bet that Jill pocketed a good chunk of the money that those poor women worked hard to save.  The disgust that I have for that self-righteous, judgmental, arrogant bitch is immeasurable.

On 3/30/2023 at 11:59 AM, CalicoKitty said:

Is this retreat sponsored by some organization, or is it all Jill?  I'm sure she comes out ahead financially in any case.

It ALL goes to Jill.

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
19 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

When/Where did Jill say that there was a weakness in the family?

In this post:

It was such a JOY to have the Coverett Ladies come to the Ladies' Retreat!  Words CANNOT express how much they mean to me / us!  😉😊🥰  They love our family in spite of our short comings and weaknesses.  They have welcomed Timothy with open arms.  They are kind.  We are blessed!  ❤️❤️  I am tickled pink that Timothy is in a courtship with Heidi! 😉 God is Good and Faithful!  😁

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

In this post:

It was such a JOY to have the Coverett Ladies come to the Ladies' Retreat!  Words CANNOT express how much they mean to me / us!  😉😊🥰  They love our family in spite of our short comings and weaknesses.  They have welcomed Timothy with open arms.  They are kind.  We are blessed!  ❤️❤️  I am tickled pink that Timothy is in a courtship with Heidi! 😉 God is Good and Faithful!  😁

Oh, yes.  I remember that now.  Jill’s grifting for an ego stroke with that comment.  She’s waiting for people to tell her that she and her family are perfect, with no shortcomings or weaknesses at all!

• Like 18
6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I think that is the cheapest salad that is offered. I would hope they have an upgrade available because that would p--- me off if I paid for it! 

The cheaper the meal, the more money that Jill gets to put in her pocket.  Those women are oblivious to Jill’s Women’s Retreat scam.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Yesterday and today are student recruitment days at Phillip's Bible college. Prospective students are on campus for lots of preaching and some off campus fun at the roller rink this afternoon and pizza blast and indoor trampoline place tonight. Cost is $30 per student. I think I spy with my little eye both Sammers and Gabe sitting with Phillip.

Massillon is now offering a "rapid start" course for HS students who plan to attend Massillon after they graduate. They can earn 9 credits while in HS. So Gabe would be eligible.

I do love some roller skating. Hope they got to go. 

This outfit is a travesty. Also, pretty damn tight-fitting!

D4D6B347-FA52-446A-897A-A6F806F34AA2.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

I do love some roller skating. Hope they got to go. 

This outfit is a travesty. Also, pretty damn tight-fitting!

D4D6B347-FA52-446A-897A-A6F806F34AA2.jpeg

Ah, but the “dressing sluttish” rules are for everyone else. Certainly not for Most Godly Jilly. Everyone knows she is the golden child of Jesus, no?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

If that is Phillip in the middle, then he’s definitely gained some much-needed weight since attending Bible school.  Isn’t it funny how every Rod offspring who leaves home, for whatever reason, tends to gain weight and look healthy?  If that doesn’t prove that Jill isn’t feeding her kids enough, then I don’t know what would.  That bitch is starving her kids, along with many other atrocities.

• Like 13
  • Applause 4
3 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

So when is the announcement?

Different continent, I have no idea in which timezone they are

A better question would be, WTH do we give a shit?!? 🤔  I REALLY need to get a life.😁

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
21 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

If that is Phillip in the middle, then he’s definitely gained some much-needed weight since attending Bible school. 

Phillip is the one known to wear that hideous sweater.

Screenshot (383).jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
36 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

That does not look like hotel food.  It looks like someone used a crockpot, boiled pasta and added a jar of ragu, and opened a can of corn.  

That’s exactly what it looks like.

• Like 9

If it's a Renee courtship, my guess is Luke Lieghley. Lives in ohio and the rods visited their church a week or so ago. Gabe sang in some all guy singing group video. There was a video or Jill's fb but i don't see it now.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 3
  • Useful 4
16 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

If it's a Renee courtship, my guess is Luke Lieghley. Lives in ohio and the rods visited their church a week or so ago. Gabe sang in some all guy sing group video. There was a video or Jill's fb but i don't see it now.

Is that the family where the boys went waterskiing and the girls went to a “ladies’ meeting “?

• Like 2

It's funny to me how Jill teases/announces that she'll make an announment on a certain day instead of just telling her news. It's like she thinks she's in her own TV show. She's obviously doing this for her "audience".

Or maybe everyone does this?  I'm not on SM and I have nothing to announce so I have no idea how these things work.

• Like 13
5 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Or maybe everyone does this?  I'm not on SM and I have nothing to announce so I have no idea how these things work.

People do it, but normally for clicks on a monetized account. Jill doesn’t have any monetized accounts.

She normally gives a time, and then posts it late. Nail biting time I tell you! 🤦‍♀️

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

That does not look like hotel food.  It looks like someone used a crockpot, boiled pasta and added a jar of ragu, and opened a can of corn.  

That pasta looks exactly like the cheap banquet food I've had at many a wedding in Northeastern Ohio.  I've normally had dry, rubbery chicken as the protein where I've kept the cute bowl of salad dressing to dip my chicken into.  I will say that corn looks more appetizing than the normal zucchini, onions, and squash medley that tastes like the sterno used to keep it warm.

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
33 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

It's funny to me how Jill teases/announces that she'll make an announment on a certain day instead of just telling her news. It's like she thinks she's in her own TV show. She's obviously doing this for her "audience".

I have a lot of social media friends and I’ve never seen one of them do that “let’s leave them in suspense” thing that Jill does.  The woman truly believes that she’s a famous celebrity.  The insanity runs very deep with her.  I would love for a well-respected psychiatrist or psychologist to spend 24/7 with Jill and her family for about a month, and then write a book about it.  That’s a book I would buy!

Edited by farmgal4
  • Like 10
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

They call it “main character syndrome” - SM shorthand for the tendency of users to identify as the protagonists in their own life stories. It snarkily implies that sufferers are delusional, self-obsessed, and worthy of derision.

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 15
(edited)
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

courtship - Renee and a young man who wishes to remain anonymous at this time.

Good for Renee, she can look forward to eating in about a year. Smart of the guy to remain anonymous, keep it that way.

Edited by SMama
  • Like 14

**BIG announcement!**

It is with GREAT joy we announce that our sweet and beautiful daughter Renee is in a courtship with a wonderful young man!  ❤️ They have been getting to know each other the past few months and it has been beautiful to watch them fall in love with each other, with Christ at the center.  😊  

Right now, this special young man has requested to remain anonymous. 🤫 He will "go public" once they are engaged.  We want to lovingly honor his request and give them this quiet time of leaning heavily into their relationship with each other and God. ❤️

Let us say this though, he DEEPLY loves God and has has honored David and I and Renee in every way!  He is a gem 💎 and we are THRILLED God brought him into Renee's life!  😊

Please join us in congratulating Renee and her "mystery man" on this joyous occasion!  😊 

Below are flowers 💐 he got Renee and a heart rosin for her violin in honor of their new courtship.  ❤️ God is Good!  

More to come in the future!  Stay tuned!  😉

02A7D2FC-6769-423E-A03F-E7736B0BAD15.jpeg

70B45988-D3E3-4C66-A6BA-60E75656264F.jpeg

393BFB48-A7D0-4608-B905-12EE597CB3F5.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
10 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Renee is grimacing exactly like Nurie.

Poor girls hair is SEVERELY fried.

Bold to assume they will get engaged. 

Her smile does not reach her eyes. Kaylee’s grimace was gone by the time Jonathon appeared.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

His nails are longer than hers.

He might think he’s anonymous but sleuthers seem to have already found out who he is.

There was some speculation, but the sons in the family are bigger than Kaylee's beau.

• Like 5
20 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

His nails are longer than hers.

If he's aspiring to be a preacher (aren't all those fundie guys in the Rods' circles aspiring preachers?), his nice smooth hands won't be scuffing up the pages of his Bible. In the meantime, she'll be using her hands to wash, clean, cook, sew, and take care of all the other womanly household tasks that dog has ordained it's her duty to do for her headship. While of course keeping herself lovely. 

I doubt Renee will escape Jill's clutches in any meaningful way, unless Jill for some reason loosens her grip on Renee. Renee's had 20 years of conditioning and indoctrination that links her firmly to her mother. I doubt her (if it happens) marriage to some young fundie guy will make a dent in that. 

• Sad 15