Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I thought the guy next to Renee was Samuel. Gabe was also there and at the next table with Hannah.

Jill surely pockets a god amount of money from this or she wouldn't do it. I doubt she pays the guest speakers much, if anything.

Jill and Dave will need a vacation soon to recover from "all the hard work" they have put into the ministry since they got home a week ago.

Sammers needs his chaste and sober Spring Break trip with mama, daddy and best friend Gabe. Where Jill will record the manly go-cart racing of daddy and the boys.

Tessie is turning 16, and Hannah 15 in a few months, they need their special evening out with mama and daddy that ends at Burger King. Where they get the purity talk, while praying, weeping and promising to stay chaste and trim until marriage. I think they also get purity boxes or something weird like that.

They have the usual grift stop mid May, the church conf. in PA where the Coverett family have been with the rods the last 2years. If Tim isn't engaged now, he will be then. I don't predict a yr long courtship/engagement for timmy.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 2
  • Sad 10
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Where is the church conference in PA?   I may go snoop.   

West Clifford, PA - Elkdale Baptist

Ladies Banquet May 20. David is on the calendar May 21st

• Useful 4
23 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill is a Stage 4 drama queen who also stretches the truth and/or flat out lies.  Anything, or nothing, could’ve been wrong with the vehicles.  

She has new and longer hair extensions, and she’s letting her hair go back to its natural color.  

23 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Jill has no “strong suit.”

See above. Strong suits include drama; lying; starving her kids and warping them emotionally beyond hope of escape and happiness; grifting everything from food to housing to hair extensions to vacations, mascara, eyeliner, spouses for her kids; making everything all about her; terrible theology that punishes everyone else and rewards her; and waxing poetic about her fat lazy slob of a husband.

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 13
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

See above. Strong suits include drama; lying; starving her kids and warping them emotionally beyond hope of escape and happiness; grifting everything from food to housing to hair extensions to vacations, mascara, eyeliner, spouses for her kids; making everything all about her; terrible theology that punishes everyone else and rewards her; and waxing poetic about her fat lazy slob of a husband.

Accurate post. I was associating “strong suit” with something positive. I agree with everything you said. Jill is a horrible excuse for a human being. 

• Like 8

Jill is a slave to social media. Would she ever do anything loving or caring without posting about it on social media? Doubtful. I suspect she wouldn't have been a loving person without social media, but SM has allowed her to post eleventy billion self-serving pics and posts extolling the virtues she would like strangers to think that she possesses. I'm sad for her children.

• Like 15
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Jill is a slave to social media. Would she ever do anything loving or caring without posting about it on social media? Doubtful. I suspect she wouldn't have been a loving person without social media, but SM has allowed her to post eleventy billion self-serving pics and posts extolling the virtues she would like strangers to think that she possesses. I'm sad for her children.

One of those eleventy billion pics that Jill posted to SM, remains in my mind. She was in the front passenger seat of their big passenger van, turned around, and snapped a photo of her family all stuffed into the vehicle. The second row showed at least four of the kids jammed onto the seat; the one on the end was literally half hanging off the end of the bench seat. Obviously the seat wasn't built for that many passengers. IIRC none of them were wearing seatbelts.

I thought of that this weekend when I read a news story about a car wreck in Tennessee. Six children and two adults were in a Toyota Camry which flipped in a wreck on the highway. All six kids were ejected from the car and died (aged from 1 to 18). The Camry is a sedan with seats, and seat belts, for five passengers. They'd jammed eight people into it and I believe only one person was wearing a seat belt. I know, many people jam their cars full and don't use seat belts at all even if available, and most people who do that don't get hurt. But I also remember that Nathan and Nurie didn't have tiny Nemo in a car seat when Nathan's truck was in an accident - and he got ticketed for not having the child properly restrained.

As the Rods' kids get married and leave the nest, the family size ought to shrink enough so that everybody can sit in their van and have a seat belt. But I doubt they will ever use them, just risk getting ticketed if they get caught. I hope they avoid serious injuries - and they probably will. They've survived floating down dirty drainage ditches, Jill's cooking, and countless trips in their RV, not to mention Nurie's and Not-Nurie's wreck a few years ago. And Tim's fender-benders too. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 21

That's the thing with accidents though, one can do everything right and it still goes wrong or do everything wrong and it still goes right. But why tempt the fates and why not increase the odds in one's favor?

I wish nothing bad for the Rods, Bates and Duggars, but between their family sizes and careless behaviors, its a wonder that nothing worse has happened to any of them. Of course they would attribute that to being in God's favor, but I don't. I think its just dumb luck.

• Like 23
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

That's the thing with accidents though, one can do everything right and it still goes wrong or do everything wrong and it still goes right. But why tempt the fates and why not increase the odds in one's favor?

I wish nothing bad for the Rods, Bates and Duggars, but between their family sizes and careless behaviors, its a wonder that nothing worse has happened to any of them. Of course they would attribute that to being in God's favor, but I don't. I think its just dumb luck.

As any gambler knows, luck is fickle and eventually runs out. 

• Like 16
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree, accidents will happen and outcomes are not 100% predictable. But I'm all about taking reasonable steps to increase those favorable odds, and I hated to see the Rods jammed into that van like that. I wonder if Jill got any pushback from that photo. I hope she did, although of course she would ignore it as being the work of Satan. Sigh.

• Like 18
14 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

21827BBC-9ADF-498A-872E-AEA0D61FAF68.jpeg

Tim is engaged.

Rene is courting.

Nurie pregnant.

Kay gender reveal.

(My guesses)

Those are likely guesses. Nothing else ever happens with these people. 🥱

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

DBD and Jill repaired SEVERLY broken vehicles without assistance from sweet friends
DBD was "under conviction" to support his family, and got a full time job with benefits
Heidi saw the writing on the wall and decided losing a piece of her heart was better than decades with Timmay
Jill is donating her collection of stuffed animals to a children's hospital
Jill got the waifs each a properly fitting outfit and shoes for Easter
(A girl can dream...)

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 8
Just now, Turquoise said:

DBD and Jill repaired SEVERLY broken vehicles without assistance from sweet friends
DBD was "under conviction" to support his family, and got a full time job with benefits
Heidi saw the writing on the wall and decided losing a piece of her heart was better than decades with Timmay
Jill is donating her collection of stuffed animals to a children's hospital
Jill got the waifs each a properly fitting outfit and shoes for Easter
(A girl can dream...)

What if domestic goddess, Jill Rodrigues sewed said outfits for her beloved children!?

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5
6 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

What if domestic goddess, Jill Rodrigues sewed said outfits for her beloved children!?

While whipping up a gourmet meal from scratch?
I am picturing Jill's mad decorating skillz translated to making clothing. I bet she could use the heck out of a Bedazzler...

• LOL 13

Maybe God told Jilly that Timcel should propose to Heidi. After all, Jilly has a direct line to God and Timcel only does what Mahmo tells him to do. After all, he didn't give Heidi a second thought until BME told him to.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
11 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Whatever the Rod's big reveal is, please let there be a cardboard sign. Nothing says joy like a piece of torn cardboard and a can of spray paint. 

And a big taco. 

• LOL 18
19 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Whatever the Rod's big reveal is, please let there be a cardboard sign. Nothing says joy like a piece of torn cardboard and a can of spray paint. 

This made me recall an old commercial.  "Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven" etc.  Only with Jill, anything from her oven would be burned, taste like crap, and look like my cat's vomit!  😜

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
21 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Whatever the Rods' big reveal is, please let there be a cardboard sign. Nothing says joy like a piece of torn cardboard and a can of spray paint. 

All that crappy craft stuff in the house and they can't even make a decent sign.   White poster board is 50 cents at the dollar  (25) store and sticker letters are $1.25 a page*. 

I know this because I have a friend running a 15K this weekend and I made sign for when I stand there all fat and happy as she runs by.    

• Like 13
25 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I'm sure the announcement is that Timmy is engaged. It's either that, or a Kaylee gender announcement.  As long as one of the choices isn't JillyBean being with child.. It's good. 

Or Nurie. 

I'm leaning gender. 

• Like 6
13 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Or Nurie. 

I'm leaning gender. 

I'm thinking engagement. The Rods have strict no touch rules before then that Timcel was breaking last weekend. He was pictured with his arm around Heidi in a couple of posed occasions.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 4
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm thinking engagement. The Rods have strict no touch rules before then that Timcel was breaking last weekend. He was pictured with his arm around Heidi in a couple of posed occasions.

That is my second guess. 

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, beckie said:

She's excited, so my guess is that Kaylee did as Jill demanded and is having the first girl. Or Timmay isn't her problem anymore.

There are so many choices! 

• LOL 7

Why are the men at a ladies retreat? Other than getting a meal there is no reason. Certainly all the godly ladies in attendance can be trusted for a few hours among their ilk. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 9
2 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I 100% love that Heidi’s sister showed up in pants. Her hair looks way better too. 

How can you see her pants in that picture? I agree about the hair, nice, flattering cut, and healthy hair. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, awaken said:

wow, Heidi’s hair is something else. Almost beats out a Duggar girl for unnecessary dead weight. 

That photo gave me one thought.  Someone please run get the haircutting shears.

• Like 13
44 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Are bangs an age-related rite of passage for the Rodlettes?  I feel like Hannah is on the verge of showing up with a fresh haircut of side-part bangs.  

Jill once posted on her blog that Hannah can't have bangs. I don't think it was related to her age since Olivia and Tessie both had bangs at the time of the post.

Jill did not provide an explanation as to why Hannah can't have bangs.

• Mind Blown 7
  • Useful 5
58 minutes ago, Triple P said:

Jill once posted on her blog that Hannah can't have bangs. I don't think it was related to her age since Olivia and Tessie both had bangs at the time of the post.

Jill did not provide an explanation as to why Hannah can't have bangs.

I swear during her YouTube hair tutorial she said Hannah has a cowlick or something like that which was the reason for no bangs, but I could be wrong. 

Anyway, seeing those pics above I agree with whoever said it was Sammers next to Renee at the table and not a new bf. Which leads me to believe that Friday will bring a baby reveal for Kaylee. I really hope it's a boy. 

Edited by I8A 4RE
a word
  • Like 9
  • Useful 3
58 minutes ago, I8A 4RE said:

I swear during her YouTube hair tutorial she said Hannah has a cowlick or something like that which was the reason for no bangs, but I could be wrong. 

You'd think with all of the hot tools and hair spray they have in the barndo, Hannah could FIND A WAY to have bangs lol. Oh well.  She's a pretty girl, I'd love to see her with the long fundie curls STYLED.  

The retreat looked like a sad gathering of women who like being told what to do, down to "pick up your pencils and write 10 things you're grateful for, you have 5 minutes." except if the instructions were written, they'd say "10 things your greatful for" with some random caps and a weird font. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 5