Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jilly isn’t spending her date/hair $ on silly things like car repairs 🤣

Well, they had to shell out cash when something literally fell out of the bottom of the rusted RV. I forget the deets now, but that was a bona fide attack from Beansie emergency. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
On 3/24/2023 at 11:26 AM, Natalie68 said:

Or their income tax refund

I think if they’d received that much money, Jill and David would’ve gone on another vacation.  Government food benefits can only be used for food (unless you trade them for illegal drugs, which happens a lot)

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
On 3/25/2023 at 1:02 PM, oliviabenson said:

And ask for donations to take care of ma. Jill is using her as a prop.

I wonder if Jill set out a donation jar for her parents?  It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if she did.  Actually I would be surprised if she DIDN’t do it!

8 hours ago, BetyBee said:

It does seem like it might be something related to the retreat or the power outage, since those are most recent in Jill's mind. You may be onto something, @oliviabenson that it has to do with either Tim or AndKaylee. 

Maybe Jonathan told Jill that he and Kaylee are no longer social media fodder!

• Like 5
7 hours ago, whydoiwatch said:

I know Timcel was at the "retreat", but upon hearing the relationship comment I immediately wondered if after spending more time with him that Heidi has decided being with Timcel is not what she wants. One can hope .....

If any of you believe in prayer, I’m sincerely asking that you pray that Heidi GTFO of that relationship ASAP.  I’m 100% serious about this.  I have great trepidation about her marrying him.  Between Mahmo and Timothy, that poor girl doesn’t stand a chance.😟

• Like 6
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 17
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

If any of you believe in prayer, I’m sincerely asking that you pray that Heidi GTFO of that relationship ASAP.  I’m 100% serious about this.  I have great trepidation about her marrying him.  Between Mahmo and Timothy, that poor girl doesn’t stand a chance.😟

Jill will belittle her and Timcel will browbeat her. Poor Heidi. 

RUN GIRL!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 9
  • Applause 5
35 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Well, they had to shell out cash when something literally fell out of the bottom of the rusted RV. I forget the deets now, but that was a bona fide attack from Beansie emergency. 

Wait… What??  When did that happen?

• Useful 1

As far as the broken down vehicles Jill mentioned in the post, she said, “All our vehicles were broken down during the retreat.”.

A post from a woman who attended:

Another amazing weekend in the Amish country for the ladies retreat. This was my 3rd year going and I enjoy going every year. It was at a different location this year but Jill,(once again🙂) did an absolute amazing job. Her kids are always the nicest especially the two I’ve started to become close friends with. They’re all so kind and the most godly family I’ve ever seen. I made new friends and seen old friends again. The guest speakers were good as well. I love being around faithful and kind women such as my church family and some ladies from the retreat. You never know what someone is going through so it’s always nice for ladies to build each other up. They inspire me to want to work harder with my christian life and learn more about God. So glad to have ladies like them in my life to teach and show me, thank you. It always goes by so fast, can’t wait for next year!❤️✝️🙏 🐦 #amishcountry #christianlife

• Mind Blown 7
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

As far as the broken down vehicles Jill mentioned in the post, she said, “All our vehicles were broken down during the retreat.”.

A post from a woman who attended:

Another amazing weekend in the Amish country for the ladies retreat. This was my 3rd year going and I enjoy going every year. It was at a different location this year but Jill,(once again🙂) did an absolute amazing job. Her kids are always the nicest especially the two I’ve started to become close friends with. They’re all so kind and the most godly family I’ve ever seen. I made new friends and seen old friends again. The guest speakers were good as well. I love being around faithful and kind women such as my church family and some ladies from the retreat. You never know what someone is going through so it’s always nice for ladies to build each other up. They inspire me to want to work harder with my christian life and learn more about God. So glad to have ladies like them in my life to teach and show me, thank you. It always goes by so fast, can’t wait for next year!❤️✝️🙏 🐦 #amishcountry #christianlife

The young woman who posted this looks to be about Renee's age. She attended with a large group from her church in WV. So people are traveling fair distances to see this spectacle.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 3
59 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Headship failure!

46 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I wonder if Jill set out a donation jar for her parents?  It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if she did.  Actually I would be surprised if she DIDN’t do it!

Maybe Jonathan told Jill that he and Kaylee are no longer social media fodder!

If only he had the balls to do that. 

• Like 8
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill is asking for $ to fix the cars and buy a new laptop. 

Would not surprise me if someone gifted her a laptop already. 

All she does is beg for $. 

I got an idea Jill.   Get a J.O.B.   And not selling plexus.   Or if you really cannot work, get your lazy hunk to stop watching the map and support his kids instead of expecting the rest of us to.

I

Edited by merylinkid
  • Like 1
  • Applause 8
On 3/26/2023 at 3:38 PM, oliviabenson said:

That’s the one! She also pronounced chia seeds wrong! Her eyes were falling out of her head!

Wow!  How did she mispronounce chia seeds?!  And in what context would JillRod talk about them?  Other than possibly to insult liberal health nuts who might eat them?

On 3/26/2023 at 4:35 PM, charmed1 said:

I’m curious about the “relationship wounds” as well. Could it be one of her sisters or maybe an in-law on David’s side?

My bet is on one of her sisters, brother in laws, or someone at church. 

Edited by awaken
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2
54 minutes ago, awaken said:

Wow!  How did she mispronounce chia seeds?!  And in what context would JillRod talk about them?  Other than possibly to insult liberal health nuts who might eat them?

My bet in on one of her sisters, brother in laws, or someone at church. 

She pronounced it 

CHAYA-cha as in Charlie 

jill added the chia seeds to her plexus shake 

Edited by oliviabenson
  • LOL 9

He is after YOU! Have you given in to his devices and ways?

1 Peter 5:8-10 KJV

[8] "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: [9] Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. [10] But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."

She is just so clueless.  I think she sees herself as this avatar.  Pretty and thinking.

image.png.0b6f407ad837d7e509efcdd36ed593c0.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

Doesn't seem like the "relationship wounds" involve Heidi and family. Heidi's sister has a fb reel/story showing her mom and sisters at her house for a visit, Tim and Tessie are also shown in the video.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

David is a master carpenter, master electrician, master plumber, and master landscaper. Can't he fix any of his vehicles? 

Maybe the wounded relationship is with Amy and Kevin Foster. It's possible Jill just assumed she could ship Ma and Pa back to them in WV and is finding out otherwise. 

• Like 11
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1

"remember that you have MORE VALUE than many sparrows" - Jill Rod

I seem to recall that the whole point of that particular Bible verse is that even the tiny sparrow is important enough to be cared for and watched over.

So by wording it that way, Jill seems to be saying that those who came to the conference are blessed far above the lowly sparrow - at odds with the whole point of the verse.  It's been awhile since my Sunday school days so I may be wrong but she sounds like a self-important idiot (nothing new, of course).  EDIT: that may have not come from Jill, now that I read it over but at the same time, it may have also been Jill thanking Jill for all her hard work. 

As for her broken relationships or whatever, she prefaced that by saying her computer crashed and every car they own is broken, so my guess is she's truly peeved over the fact that no one Amazon'd her a brand-new laptop or handed over their car keys for her and her family to use while she was so busy planning what was basically a 6-hour church meeting.  

Also, I get such weird vibes from Timmay showing up at a "lady's retreat."

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 20

Wait, what if relationship issue is 

David cheated? 

Maybe some sleeveless top/pants wearing church lady fell for David’s severely charming personality and his wonderful preaching?

Edited by oliviabenson
  • LOL 14
3 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

David cheated? 

Maybe some sleeveless top/pants wearing church lady fell for David’s severely charming personality and his wonderful preaching?

Hahaha as if. Jill keeps David's balls in her purse. 

• LOL 11
28 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

David cheated? 

And he is a hunk after all. 

• LOL 6

If all of their vehicles were broken down, then how did they have so much to unload from them afterward? And if they hadn't done it from their grifting tour before the retreat, why didn't the family members not attending do it? And if it was ONLY stuff from and regarding the retreat, HOW? If the vehicles were not working, how were they there? 

I guess I could go round and round with this.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

It’s amazing that all their vehicles broke down at the same time.

Regarding Dave cheating: just who would be so desperate they’d want to have sex with him? Only Jill, and she simply has no other choice if she wants to get pregnant again.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5

Jill has touted Dave, Samuel and Jonathan all as "being able to fix anything" yet it seems their vehicles, rv, generator etc go bad when there just happens to be a sweet friend from a grift church who gifts them the needed repairs.

Dave has been shown just sitting in a roomful of bored guys during the ladies retreat, I bet one of them is a mechanic and fixed one vehicle or another in the hotel parking lot or something.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, beckie said:

If all of their vehicles were broken down, then how did they have so much to unload from them afterward? And if they hadn't done it from their grifting tour before the retreat, why didn't the family members not attending do it? And if it was ONLY stuff from and regarding the retreat, HOW? If the vehicles were not working, how were they there? 

I guess I could go round and round with this.

Right - they have the RV, another car, Timothy’s car, and Philip’s car? And ALL were broken down at the same time? And her parents’ car?

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1

I'm guessing they all drive hoopties and I wonder how Jill defines broken down. Dead battery, out of gas, flat tire with a flat spare, door won't shut, dead starter, unregistered, etc? 

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing they all drive hoopties and I wonder how Jill defines broken down. Dead battery, out of gas, flat tire with a flat spare, door won't shut, dead starter, unregistered, etc? 

Jill is a Stage 4 drama queen who also stretches the truth and/or flat out lies.  Anything, or nothing, could’ve been wrong with the vehicles.  

7 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

FBFC001D-79D7-424A-ADB1-B55309A95FB0.jpeg

50865462-3D79-4265-8EA0-161CA8DD1E8F.jpeg

What a beautiful hoodie blouse lol

She has new and longer hair extensions, and she’s letting her hair go back to its natural color.  

• Like 7

You'd think some of these men David knows from other churches must have skills other than headshipping their wives. There are probably a few who can fix vehicles.

Of course, Jill and David don't seem to return favors. Even a home cooked meal would be a thank you, but dining at chez Rodrigues must feel like a punishment. Also, parts can be costly, and Jill and David don't want to spend their own money on such things when other people can buy for them. 

I'm sure Jill would prefer to grift a newer car and RV. Her last Gofundme sank like a rock, but her skills at conning people out of their time and possessions might surprise us yet.  

• Like 13
10 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm sure Jill would prefer to grift a newer car and RV.

At the rate kids are marrying off and leaving "the group" she won't need an RV for her grift tours soon.   It will just be her and DBD driving from small church to small church forlornly begging instead of getting jobs.   

I just realized they are getting a big long in the tooth to be hireable.  So all they are going to have to count on in old age is social security.   Since DBD worked for a 10 minutes, I doubt it will be very much.   Even their "ministry" contributions are probably minimal.   Enjoy old age when whatever kid you are grifting off, dumps you in a tiny room and expects you to watch the grandkids while the kid and spouse go off for "date night."  

• Like 14

Yikes, I have that same lit tree - I used it as a card tree for my daughter's wedding shower.

But where does Jill get all that dusty prairie-decor STUFF?  And where does she store it?  And how does she pay for it?  Do the "ladies" have to pay for the retreat?  I wonder if she skims off some of the cost for a wild and crazy Hobby Lobby shopping spree, pockets some of it for her very hard work and the rest pays for the room and one piece of cake per person?  Every retreat has a different theme - hence, a different set of wonky decorations.  I know she takes great pride in her decorating skillz but it always looks like if you got too close to any of her setups, it would trigger a sneezing fit.

• Like 10
10 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

At the rate kids are marrying off and leaving "the group" she won't need an RV for her grift tours soon.   It will just be her and DBD driving from small church to small church forlornly begging instead of getting jobs.   

I just realized they are getting a big long in the tooth to be hireable.  So all they are going to have to count on in old age is social security.   Since DBD worked for a 10 minutes, I doubt it will be very much.   Even their "ministry" contributions are probably minimal.   Enjoy old age when whatever kid you are grifting off, dumps you in a tiny room and expects you to watch the grandkids while the kid and spouse go off for "date night."  

I shudder at the thought of leaving Jilldo with my grandkids, but I'm sure her brainwashed kids would think nothing of it. They'll do what Jill & Dave demonstrated for them. Jill probably thinks the grands should fill in and provide the waif look for her grifting career, but we'll have to see if their "headship" dads and dils agree to that. 

• Like 5

I hope Renee finds love--or whatever passes for it in this group. I'm very much afraid she is the designated stay-at-home housekeeper and nurse to elderly family members. The thought of being the main caregiver to critical, demanding Jill and failing, chair-bound Dave is not something I would wish on anyone, especially the Rodlets, who have already suffered just for being born to a narcissistic mother and a lazy, self-important father. 

• Like 16
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

With Tim planning to marry soon and Phil in school, losing NotNurie#2 will bring the Rods down to 8 travelling kids, ages almost 5 to almost 20. As I have said before, there grifting days will be harder and harder.

• Like 16
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

With Tim planning to marry soon and Phil in school, losing NotNurie#2 will bring the Rods down to 8 travelling kids, ages almost 5 to almost 20. As I have said before, there grifting days will be harder and harder.

Good! The only thing I feel bad is will the kids get enough food at home? They do get fed when out on the road. 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Tim isn’t even engaged yet, is he? Does anyone know where he works?

• Like 4

OMG! Jill’s “decor” for that retreat is sooooo ugly!  And what 5 year old made that sign!! It’s pathetic!  Once again I will use my mother’s phrase: (Jill’s) taste is all in her mouth. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1