Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I don't even think its that.   It's just she is still recovering from her stroke/aneurysm.   Forcing her out at hectic events could overwhelm her.   The wedding was bad enough, but okay its a grand daughter's wedding.   But there is no reason on God's Green Earth that Mom has to be Jill's Women's Retreat other than Jill wants her to be there for the attention Jill will get for being so selfless in caring for her poor ill mother.

That’s exactly why she’s there.  My hatred for Jill knows no bounds.

• Like 18
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I don't even think its that.   It's just she is still recovering from her stroke/aneurysm.   Forcing her out at hectic events could overwhelm her.   The wedding was bad enough, but okay its a grand daughter's wedding.   But there is no reason on God's Green Earth that Mom has to be Jill's Women's Retreat other than Jill wants her to be there for the attention Jill will get for being so selfless in caring for her poor ill mother.

And ask for donations to take care of ma. Jill is using her as a prop.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

What are the odds she’ll catch some kind of virus after spending 2 days sitting in crowded rooms with (likely) poor ventilation? 😢

With that crowd I'd say the odds are rather high. Numbers are lower, but RSV, the flu and covid are still out there.

Just recently a 70 year old healthy(ish) family member had a full on stroke, did a short rehab, recovering quickly and then out of the blue they fell. They called an ambulance, tons of tests - the culprit? - covid. Covid set their recovery back.

Ma N had recent knee surgery, a stroke and two falls. Any of the viruses might be the straw...

• Like 5
  • Sad 9

HMPV (relative of RSV) is going around here.  While mild for most of us, it's like RSV and bad for the elderly.  So while many of the young women might attend with "just the sniffles," it could put Ma in the hospital.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Sad 13

The retreat, according to Jill:

The Sparrow Ladies Retreat went GREAT! ❤️  I can tell God was moving and working in all of our hearts for His glory!  Why can I tell?  The devil has fought me SO hard!  Please pray for me.  😢  I don't often come on FB and ask for prayer, but I could definitely use it.  💔

Devil fighting.....

-Lost a baby 3 weeks before the retreat.
-All our vehicles were broken down during the retreat.
-My computer (which I did all the retreat work on) crashed. 
-Storm came during Mrs. Jeannine Williams' devotional and all the power went out. (Thank God the hotel generator power did kick on after a couple minutes). 
-We got home (with lots of unloading to do) and our power was (and still is) out.
-Relationship wounds that are cutting and painful.

Through it all though, I remember this Scripture ....

Romans 8:37   "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 11

It looks like she posted a few pics at 2-ish CST. No decor yet, but her outfit choices are...interesting. Also a spiel about how Satan was attacking her prior to the retreat with her miscarriage, all their cars kaput, computer crashed, no power, and something about deep relationship wounds. No mention if green beans were involved in this attack. Prepare for attempted cash grab in 3...2...1...

Edited by Turquoise
@ginger90 beat me to it with the full text!
  • Like 15
  • LOL 9
16 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

What relationship wounds?   Some "sweet friend" isn't giving her freebies anymore?

She says Satan, I'm thinking God is dropping a BIG OLD anvil on her head to stop grifting and get a real job.

I would pay to know the real story regarding those “relationship wounds.”  I wonder how many meals sweet friends have contributed to the Rod family since they have no electricity.  The last time their power was out, someone dropped off pizzas for the Rods to eat.

• Like 17
30 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I would pay to know the real story regarding those “relationship wounds.”  I wonder how many meals sweet friends have contributed to the Rod family since they have no electricity.  The last time their power was out, someone dropped off pizzas for the Rods to eat.

My fingers are crossed that one of her kids actually stood up to her. Not likely, but a girl can dream. 

• Like 22

Dave probably ate all the snacks and didn’t give any to Jill.

Dave doesn’t want any more blessings and refuses to have sex.

Timmy did something to upset sweet precious Mahmo.

AndKaylee found out the gender of her baby and won’t tell Jill

AndKaylee refused to give Jill her baby to raise. I’m sure Jill asked andKaylee to hand over the baby to Jill.

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I have to wonder how Jill KNOWS why certain things are god blessing HER, and other things that occur are satan.

If it goes HER way, then it's God blessing her. If someone even sneezes wrong and silly Jilly doesn't approve, then Satan is after her.

And I hope the relationship wounds are someone close to her (preferably related) put their foot down hard against her meddling and told her off.

Edited by beckie
  • Like 23
  • Maybe some ladies complained about Timmy inserting himself into the women's retreat.
  • Maybe a Plexus downliner quit.
  • Maybe another friend decided to wear pants and swimsuits.
  • Maybe her sweet friend mechanic is now charging real money for repairs.
  • Maybe Phil's school reprimanded him for missing school.
  • Like 13
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
Just now, GeeGolly said:
  • Maybe some ladies complained about Timmy inserting himself into the women's retreat.
  • Maybe a Plexus downliner quit.
  • Maybe another friend decided to wear pants and swimsuits.
  • Maybe her sweet friend mechanic is now charging real money for repairs.
  • Maybe Phil's school reprimanded him for missing school.

All very possible!

Also - 

• Maybe they weren't taken out to dinner or showered with gifts by someone she'd marked as the next grift target. 
  • Maybe she didn't get as much applause and praise as she expected from the conference attendees. 
  • Maybe someone at the conference disagreed with Jill over some arcane point in The Gospel According to Jill.
  • Maybe her Amish neighbors didn't rush right over with hot food after the power outage.
  • Maybe Heidi's family hasn't made a big enough fuss over Jill and/or hasn't coughed up enough sweet gifts and favors.

• Like 16

I know Timcel was at the "retreat", but upon hearing the relationship comment I immediately wondered if after spending more time with him that Heidi has decided being with Timcel is not what she wants. One can hope .....

• Like 19
  • LOL 2

I was wondering about trouble in Timcel paradise. Not even giving your intended (victim) enough personal space to come to a "Ladies" retreat run by her future mother-in-law solo seems like it would even be a flag in fundy circles. 

Or maybe Heidi sassed Jilldo at some point and Timcel isn't taking Magma's (side (auto-correct from Mahmo, but this is so much better). 

As always, Run, Heidi, run!

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 13
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Maybe it’s her parents?! Maybe they told Jill off?

Maybe.   Maybe they said, we can't live in this madhouse any longer, we are leaving.  Maybe Pa put his foot down after Ma was trotting out as a prop at the retreat.

• Like 10
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Maybe.   Maybe they said, we can't live in this madhouse any longer, we are leaving.  Maybe Pa put his foot down after Ma was trotting out as a prop at the retreat.

I could get onboard with this story. I'd like to add that the heartbreaking part to Jill was that she can't spend their SS check anymore!

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
21 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Or someone refusing to buy plexus and to join her team.

Jill did thank God for plexus. I just seen one of her old videos. Jill is something lol. It was all about plexus and her busy life lol.

I saw that one too, if she was talking about turning in progress reports on the 9 or 10 kids she's homeschooling. She couldn't remember how many!  Also, her hair was totally fried in that one. She must have taken out her extensions. I believe it was from 2019.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

I saw that one too, if she was talking about turning in progress reports on the 9 or 10 kids she's homeschooling. She couldn't remember how many!  Also, her hair was totally fried in that one. She must have taken out her extensions. I believe it was from 2019.

That’s the one! She also pronounced chia seeds wrong! Her eyes were falling out of her head!

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Hey Jill, Priscilla asked for prayers for you back around Valentine's Day. That's more than 3 weeks, you stupid woman. 

Pesky details who remembers them? Jill needs more plexus to help get rid of brain fog. 

Jill been busy on her tour and planning her weight loss group using magic Plexus. 

• LOL 3

I’m curious about the “relationship wounds” as well. Could it be one of her sisters or maybe an in-law on David’s side?

That prayer list reads like a grift list and I’m going to assume the relationship wounds are a result.

I seem to remember Timcel hanging out at the Ladies Retreat before. 

Edited by charmed1
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
28 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill is asking for $ to fix the cars and buy a new laptop. 

Would not surprise me if someone gifted her a laptop already. 

All she does is beg for $. 

Take them to be repaired, Jill. You fucking grifter. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Perhaps when the sisters heard about how the parents were being treated by Jillpm, especially since she basically deserted them, they dared to call Jillpm out. It doesn’t take much to offend Jillpm so really, it could be most anything that upset her.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Don’t Philip and Timothy also have their own cars? So all 3-4 vehicles in the family were simultaneously broken down?

ETA - I’m assuming her parents also have a car, as does Kaylee/Jonathan. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Useful 4
4 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Don’t Philip and Timothy also have their own cars? So all 3-4 vehicles in the family were simultaneously broken down?

ETA - I’m assuming her parents also have a car, as does Kaylee/Jonathan. 

I read Jill's post to mean that the car/RV broke down in Florida. She mentioned the RV's issues before, but they also tow a car that must have had issues? 

Tim, Phillip, and Kaylee were home, so the state of their cars isn't the issue 

At least that's how I understood it. But TIJWTA, so who knows really?

• Like 4
53 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I read Jill's post to mean that the car/RV broke down in Florida. She mentioned the RV's issues before, but they also tow a car that must have had issues? 

Tim, Phillip, and Kaylee were home, so the state of their cars isn't the issue 

At least that's how I understood it. But TIJWTA, so who knows really?

Hmm, that’s not how I was reading it. But she’s not great at communicating clearly, is she? 🤣

40 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I'm pretty sure it is HER car and RV she is posting about.  I don't think she would show much concern if someone else had vehicle problems.

I thought she was complaining about vehicle issues that hindered her from planning/attending the retreat.  But maybe not! And even if her computer was “kaput,” she clearly was still able to plan the retreat successfully. So maybe a brand new one isn’t necessary.

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 4