Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I bet the girls were not allowed to ride that bike.

No way they could ride that bike in the skirts they wear, particularly the pencil skirts.  Either would be impossible or "indecent".

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
22 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

264210D1-3549-427C-AECB-12EA1D558CC6.jpeg

Is Dave joining Jill’s weight loss thing?

Someone who actually likes her should remind Jill that you aren't supposed to photoshop your waistline in the "before" photo, reserve that for the "after" photo when you want to fool people into thinking your MLM actually works.  Also that if you photoshop above the hand, you also need to do so below the hand, else you look like you had a cheap sideways BBL.

22 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

264210D1-3549-427C-AECB-12EA1D558CC6.jpeg

Is Dave joining Jill’s weight loss thing?

Someone who actually likes her should remind Jill that you aren't supposed to photoshop your waistline in the "before" photo, reserve that for the "after" photo when you want to fool people into thinking your MLM actually works.  Also that if you photoshop above the hand, you also need to do so below the hand, else you look like you had a cheap sideways BBL.

• Like 14
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Just wondering about this. Did Jill say her parents had been giving her all their social security, and I missed it? If so, sorry for losing the plot. 

To my knowledge, Jill has not said this.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video:

”Timothy just got this teeny little bike”

4C62A569-8915-478A-8006-ABB2DD565739.jpeg

That may be his only mode of transportation if he keeps having car accidents.

In true Rod fashion Timothy is late by a couple of decades. I remember those minis were really popular when the normal size version came out. It was rather amusing watching guys hunched over riding their toy motorcycle. There were some a bit larger that were street legal. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
1 minute ago, SMama said:

That may be his only mode of transportation if he keeps having car accidents.

In true Rod fashion Timothy is late by a couple of decades. I remember those minis were really popular when the normal size version came out. It was rather amusing watching guys hunched over riding their toy motorcycle. There were some a bit larger that were street legal. 

Around here only motorcycles and mopeds (and now electric bikes) are legal. No form of mini-bikes are allowed to be registered to be driven on the road.

• Useful 1
22 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

That is not a bicycle, its a mini, mini-bike.

image.png.fa29eb22f39740fb71a36e784afa6732.png

image.png.89e989b0388fa6a05d7ada33b8175b80.png

Shouldn’t Timothy be saving his money for, oh, I don’t know, maybe a house or apartment for he and his doomed girlfriend?

• Like 20

How is it possible to have so many “resets” for weight loss, be constantly on an almost liquid diet, and still look the same? Jill is the best add for this Plexus weight loss is a scam.

• Like 15
  • Applause 4
1 minute ago, SMama said:

How is it possible to have so many “resets” for weight loss, be constantly on an almost liquid diet, and still look the same? Jill is the best add for this Plexus weight loss is a scam.

You have resets because as soon as you eat again, you gain back what you lost. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
1 minute ago, oliviabenson said:

They will live in Jill’s yard in his camper RV thingie.

Next homeschool lesson will be on "Don't come knockin' when the RV is rockin'!" (unless of course, you are Jill!)

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 11
36 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Shouldn’t Timothy be saving his money for, oh, I don’t know, maybe a house or apartment for he and his doomed girlfriend?

Right??

Jill has talked for years of Timothy working or 2 things. Flight training to be a missionary aviation pilot and working to prepare "for the financial  burden of taking on a wife".

Last year Timothy sold his business and was taking all his savings to further his training. But according to Jill he is now "working at a job and has hopes future in missionary aviation" (faa airman reg. - Tim still at private pilot lic. single engine only)

He finally has a female willing to be his "burden"

So now he feels is the time to spend his money on a mini crotch rocket???

of course the girls won't be allowed to ride it, it might cause sensations that couldn't be righteously fulfilled. 🤣

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 6
  • Sad 5
13 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

They must’ve received their monthly SNAP benefits aka food stamps this week since the meal included some fresh produce AND bacon, which is very pricey nowadays.

Two trays of bacon wasn’t nearly enough when you consider that David ate one entire tray by himself.  I wish I was kidding.

Or their income tax refund

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
42 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

You have resets because as soon as you eat again, you gain back what you lost. 

Especially Jill and Dave who love to go out on dates and eat together. 

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 8
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

So now he feels is the time to spend his money on a mini crotch rocket???

If you have a mini crotch…

This family doesn’t spend much unless it’s for Jill. Maybe Tim found it at a thrift shop, sweet friend, and in poor condition, needing a lot of work. While not a thoughtful purchase it is good Tim is treating himself instead of spending all his money on Mahmo.

It’s possible Tim and Heidi will live in Jill’s yard, in his trailer. That is how Nurie and Nathan started, and it allowed them to save to buy a home. Has their house sold? 

• Sad 4
On 3/22/2023 at 5:44 PM, libgirl2 said:

My parents did take part B. When we found out (when they got sick), we wished we would have known. 

My parents declined Part B due to budget constraints. Unfortunately, if you don’t accept it and start paying for it the moment you are eligible, it becomes more and more expensive if you later decide you want it. They add penalties for each year you declined it. . . 

3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

And I don't find this "hilarious". 

Fundies don’t have actual senses of humor. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Tim probably bought the bike used. I don’t see him spending $450 on it.

Picturing Dave riding the mini bike sent me.

Maybe Heidi's family owns it and he just borrowed it?

Dave won't be riding that any time soon, not with a 170lb weight limit!

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
50 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

1774884A-79A6-4D8F-BDBE-4D10003EC4AA.jpeg

If I remember correctly, there is a limited lease on the space (maybe six months) with an option to renew. There are fees. Jill probably got bored or realized she wasn't going to sell enough to cover the costs. Some of the stuff probably ended  up as decorations at the Ladies' Retreat and for sale at various church events. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Simon Cowell broke his back in a number of places riding an electric bike. I can just imagine the injuries the Rods will get riding that bike. 

Any injuries will be followed by a Go Fund Me. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill’s latest cooking eggs video is not on Facebook or Instagram lol

i wanted to watch it again 

FB and IG Stories only last 24 hours, then it’s automatically deleted.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

About 99% sure she said that. 

Yeah, you’re right.  She used “a mountain of bills” as part of her parent’s GoFundMe plea.

Jill’s FB story shows a video of someone scanning a conference room full of women (and Timothy in a suit and tie) singing “His Eye Is On The Sparrow” with Jill directing them.  You truly cannot make this shit up.  I can’t believe that many women were willing to pay $250 for a retreat that basically lasts one day.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 3

Normally the boys are in the background helping setup and such. Not this time for Timothy. Why is he at a table? I don’t see any other males in the video Jill posted. Perhaps I missed them?

At least Ma isn’t facing away from everything/everyone, this time. Hopefully the droplets don’t get her.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 9
7 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill’s FB story shows a video of someone scanning a conference room full of women (and Timothy in a suit and tie) singing “His Eye Is On The Sparrow” with Jill directing them. 

I didn't have the sound on so I heard it in my mind as being sung to the music for Eye of the Tiger. 😂

I noticed some ungodly ladies wearing clothing that "pertaineth to men"(aka pants) in the group.

• Like 6
  • LOL 11
44 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Normally the boys are in the background helping setup and such. Not this time for Timothy. Why is he at a table? I don’t see any other males in the video Jill posted. Perhaps I missed them?

At least Ma isn’t facing away from everything/everyone, this time. Hopefully the droplets don’t get her.

I feel like he is there to keep an eye  out on Heidi. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 11

I bet Jill and Hunk got on some sweet baby making in the hotel last night. Jill SEVERELY wants to upstage her daughters' pregnancies with a new waif of her own. 

Please wipe this image from your mind and have a good day. 

• Mind Blown 5
  • LOL 10
3 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Poor Ma.   Would they just let this woman have some peace and quiet.   

What are the odds she’ll catch some kind of virus after spending 2 days sitting in crowded rooms with (likely) poor ventilation? 😢

• Like 1
  • Sad 13

I feel like Heidi is naïve enough to think Tim's attention is wonderful. I think she likely enjoys playing the 'helpless woman' to his 'manly man-ness' at this point. 

But... she seems to also have a backbone and personality, so I don't see her enjoying this long term.

• Like 9
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

What are the odds she’ll catch some kind of virus after spending 2 days sitting in crowded rooms with (likely) poor ventilation? 😢

I don't even think its that.   It's just she is still recovering from her stroke/aneurysm.   Forcing her out at hectic events could overwhelm her.   The wedding was bad enough, but okay its a grand daughter's wedding.   But there is no reason on God's Green Earth that Mom has to be Jill's Women's Retreat other than Jill wants her to be there for the attention Jill will get for being so selfless in caring for her poor ill mother.

• Like 15
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 4