Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I checked the hotel's website. Is the conference next weekend? That Friday night they are sold out, but not Saturday night

The "retreat" is not even 24 hours long.   It could be done all day on Saturday with no overnight.  But then Jilly wouldn't get her "special time" with Hunk paid for with a comped room.   Several pages back someone posted the schedule, but its like 4 p.m. check in on Friday then its over by 2 on Saturday.   So the hotel would be sold out Friday night for it but have availability on Saturday.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
6 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Alyssa (Bates) Webster posted that she's in labor. Looks to be a hospital birth. Did she have Maci in a hospital? I thought she used birth centers for her deliveries. 

Maci was her first hospital birth after having the heart condition. 

• Useful 3
7 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Alyssa (Bates) Webster posted that she's in labor. Looks to be a hospital birth. Did she have Maci in a hospital? I thought she used birth centers for her deliveries. 

Doesn't she have the weird clotting thing that many of them have?  If that's the case, she is maybe being induced.  Most birth centers do not do inductions.  Looking at the pictures, she's sitting up in bed, hair and makeup in place, big smile on her face.  Doesn't look like she's actually in labor yet, which suggests an induction.

Also interesting that she needed iron infusions.  Those are for very severe anemia that doesn't respond to oral iron.  Many times, in young women, it is because their diet is insufficient.

• Like 2
  • Useful 8

It looks like the Bates daughters, along with the Duggar daughters just aren't built for continuous pregnancies. Their mothers are too ignorant to admit that it would not be a good thing for their daughters to just "leave it up to God". 

• Like 14
16 minutes ago, Zella said:

I don't really keep up with the Bateses, but I think Carlin was the one who was doing that. 

Yep, it was Carlin.  She had a lot of testing, none of it showing a problem and was told she needed a 5 day inpatient EEG test last summer which she has yet to do. She and her husband complain that there is a 2 month waiting list to do the test and have complained on several occasions that her doctors wouldn't make a special exception for her; but, yet, she obviously could've had it months ago if she'd just scheduled it.  She is on an antiseizure med, her husband quit his job because he insists she cannot be left alone with their 2 young kids and she is not supposed to drive until it has been 6 months since her last 'episode'.

The general impression of most of us is that she is not actually having seizures but some sort of anxiety reaction or something similar.  The number of episodes she has seems to be in direct correlation to whatever else is going on in their lives as well as whether they need content for their social media or  not.  For example, she and her husband have traveled cross country and back for weddings, taken cruises and visited multiple relatives and Carlin doesn't seem to have any episodes during those times.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 13
  • Useful 8
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Notabug said:

For example, she and her husband have traveled cross country and back for weddings, taken cruises and visited multiple relatives and Carlin doesn't seem to have any episodes during those times.

Yeah I admittedly don't follow them, but that was what I'd picked up on in discussions here and why I remembered it was her. That it always seemed to be conveniently absent when she was doing things she wanted to do. 

• Like 9
6 hours ago, Notabug said:

Also interesting that she needed iron infusions.  Those are for very severe anemia that doesn't respond to oral iron.  Many times, in young women, it is because their diet is insufficient.

In my case, it's from malabsorption caused by atrophic gastritis. I'm told it will be lifelong. Fortunately, I'm not afraid of needles. 

In Carlin's case, I continue to believe it's factitious disorder. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, for her kids' sake. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
11 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Yikes. In that photo with her mom, Jill looks like a ghoul crawling out of a sewer.

She does like that “looking up at the camera” angle. Add the massive crust of eyeliner and it is ghoulish indeed. Someone needs to flip the colors to negative (please let there be a filter).

• Like 11
50 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Carlin, husband and kids spent almost a month at Carlin's sister's house while Carlin played (superficial) doula - no episodes then either.

They did say in the video in which they sold Carolina's car that she couldn't drive for 6 months. That implies she had a recent episode. Otherwise, wouldn't they just say she could drive in 3 (or whatever) months? I personally think it was stupid to get rid of the car. If she goes in for the inpatient EEG, maybe they could stop the episodes for good. 

These idiots are too stupid to live. 🙄

• Like 14
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They did say in the video in which they sold Carolina's car that she couldn't drive for 6 months. That implies she had a recent episode. Otherwise, wouldn't they just say she could drive in 3 (or whatever) months? I personally think it was stupid to get rid of the car. If she goes in for the inpatient EEG, maybe they could stop the episodes for good. 

These idiots are too stupid to live. 🙄

I believe in TN the seizure free waiting period to drive is 1 year. So either Carlin is clueless because her episodes started 10 months ago, or if she knows that its a year that means she's been seizure free for six months already. I'm pretty sure 6 months ago Gil went to the doctor's with Carlin to "get answers".

I think there's a equal chance of Carlin lying or being clueless.

• Like 9

I don't follow the Bateses closely, but if Carlin's husband quit his job to be home with her, doesn't this missing income impact the traveling they can do? It would in my house. Is her social media earning enough to support a jet set lifestyle? 

• Like 7
52 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I don't follow the Bateses closely, but if Carlin's husband quit his job to be home with her, doesn't this missing income impact the traveling they can do? It would in my house. Is her social media earning enough to support a jet set lifestyle? 

I've been thinking that perhaps they got rid of her car because of their reduced income.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Just a curious question, but why do Fundies take cruises?  Cruises fly against everything that fundies seemingly are against…alcohol, non-church music, dancing, non-conservative dress, the list goes on. I have a friend from high school whose family is fundie lite. They did the dress code thing, none drank, none swore.  Friend married a Catholic (who wound up converting) and it was scandal.  So said friend and family would either take a yearly cruise or travel to an all-inclusive tropical resort.  They never openly complained about the bacchanalia, but also didn’t participate.  They stuck to themselves away from the fun. Made no sense to me whatsoever.  Lots of money spent to divert their eyes for a week, IMHO. 

• Like 18
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I believe in TN the seizure free waiting period to drive is 1 year. So either Carlin is clueless because her episodes started 10 months ago, or if she knows that its a year that means she's been seizure free for six months already. I'm pretty sure 6 months ago Gil went to the doctor's with Carlin to "get answers".

I think there's a equal chance of Carlin lying or being clueless.

The waiting period is 6 months. They've said so repeatedly. eta It's one year for epilepsy, but we don't know if that's her diagnosis. 

As for the cruise, they went with a big group from church, of which they were about 20 years younger than most of their fellow cruisers. They were well protected from sin, even singing hymns in a tour bus at one of their stops. 🙄

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 2
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The waiting period is 6 months. They've said so repeatedly. eta It's one year for epilepsy, but we don't know if that's her diagnosis. 

As for the cruise, they went with a big group from church, of which they were about 20 years younger than most of their fellow cruisers. They were well protected from sin, even singing hymns in a tour bus at one of their stops. 🙄

According to the Epilepsy Foundation, it's six to 12 months in Tennessee, with exceptions. Quote: "A person with epilepsy must be seizure free for a period of one year and have a favorable doctor’s recommendation before applying for a license. However, an individual whose seizures have been controlled for six months may be approved for driving privileges if the Department of Safety receives a favorable recommendation from the individual’s physician and the Medical Review Board, and the person may be required to submit to additional evaluations as the Department sees fit." https://www.epilepsy.com/lifestyle/driving-and-transportation/laws/tennessee

For all intents and purposes, Tennessee and most other states treat epileptic seizures and non-epileptic seizures the same for purposes of driving and licensing. I have epilepsy. 

Carlin and Evan are full of shit and I think they may be realizing that the "episodes" game is up. We'll see -- if they mention the mythical five-day EEG or more "episodes" again. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 4

J Rod has posted a video of Nurie and both of her babies.  I tried to think of a word or two to describe it to you, but the only thing that I can come up with is “indescribable.”

• Like 4
  • LOL 10
29 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

J Rod has posted a video of Nurie and both of her babies.  I tried to think of a word or two to describe it to you, but the only thing that I can come up with is “indescribable.”

She sounds just like Jill. Those poor kids. I can’t remember how old the older one is, but shouldn’t he be talking a little?  He was just making some noises. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 9
6 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

She sounds just like Jill. Those poor kids. I can’t remember how old the older one is, but shouldn’t he be talking a little?  He was just making some noises. 

My thoughts exactly.  Nemo was so rough with the baby, and I’ve never heard a child make that noise repeatedly, like Nemo was doing.  I wonder if it’s because Nurie and Jill talk to him in that extremely high-pitched baby talk all the time?  Or maybe he isn’t talked to at all unless someone has the phone and is recording it?  They don’t have a TV, so the only voices he hears regularly are Nurie’s and Jill’s. (I say Jill because I have no doubt that Jill calls Nurie several times every day and Nurie probably puts her on speakerphone.)

4 minutes ago, SMama said:

Nemo was barking, freaking barking. 

Yep.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 7
37 minutes ago, SMama said:

Nemo was barking, freaking barking. 

Newie’s diaper is also either soaking wet or she has a huge cloth diaper on him, which is doubtful because I don’t think BME used cloth diapers.  The Nathan Keller family is on the fast track to becoming just as bizarre and screwed up as the Rodrigues family.  Fuck you, Jill, for destroying any chance of your 13 offspring having even a semi-normal life.  

• Sad 21
On 3/18/2023 at 11:29 AM, Notabug said:

Doesn't she have the weird clotting thing that many of them have?  If that's the case, she is maybe being induced.  Most birth centers do not do inductions.  Looking at the pictures, she's sitting up in bed, hair and makeup in place, big smile on her face.  Doesn't look like she's actually in labor yet, which suggests an induction.

I had to get them when I was pregnant with Mini Mistake because I had severe HG for the entire pregnancy and could keep almost nothing down. By the end of my pregnancy I weighed less than I did the day I found out I was pregnant. My ferritin level was 4, my hair was falling out, and I had to have three root canals after Mini was born because the vomiting had eroded my tooth enamel. It sucked so much that Mini is an only. 

No idea why I felt it was necessary to share all of that. Sorry. Alyssa is *extremely* thin, as are most of the Bates girls. They might be naturally thin, I guess, but it wouldn’t surprise me if she restricts calories to stay slender. I remember one of her influencer pics was her wearing a tank top from Athleta (I think) and the size XS was big on her. My cousin has the same top in a size M and it fits snugly, and she is 5’6 and 135 lbs. I think it’s possible that Alyssa is significantly underweight. 

• Like 4
  • Hugs 7
  • Useful 3

Isn’t the oldest like 13 or 14 months old? I thought he was too young for much in the way of words yet.

Regardless, I can’t see much of a hopeful future for them I don’t know about Nathan’s education but given how woeful Nurie’s appears to have been, the kids are not going to stand much of a chance of a stimulating first 5 years to set them up well for further education 

• Like 1
  • Sad 12
26 minutes ago, whydoiwatch said:

Where is the video posted? Thank you.

It's also on Jill's Facebook page. (David Jill Noyes Rodrigues). Anyone can look. Only humpers may comment!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 2

I could only watch 52 seconds of that video of Nurie and the boys. Between her screeching voice and Nemo hitting the baby, I couldn't watch anymore. Nathan sounds like an idiot too. Hey Nurie, you need to SHOW Nemo how to be gentle, not just tell him. He wasn't burping him either.

I can't imagine what it's like in that house. To think she'll have about 15 or so more kids, is nauseating.

• Sad 19
5 minutes ago, Madtown said:

I could only watch 52 seconds of that video of Nurie and the boys. Between her screeching voice and Nemo hitting the baby, I couldn't watch anymore. Nathan sounds like an idiot too. Hey Nurie, you need to SHOW Nemo how to be gentle, not just tell him. He wasn't burping him either.

I can't imagine what it's like in that house. To think she'll have about 15 or so more kids, is nauseating.

Morons, all of them. I can only hope Kaylee is better, but I doubt it. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 3
8 hours ago, Totally said:

Isn’t the oldest like 13 or 14 months old? I thought he was too young for much in the way of words yet.

Regardless, I can’t see much of a hopeful future for them I don’t know about Nathan’s education but given how woeful Nurie’s appears to have been, the kids are not going to stand much of a chance of a stimulating first 5 years to set them up well for further education 

Nemo is a little over 17 months old.  He was 13 months old when Newie was born, the same age Spurge Seewald was when Henry was born as he treated him like a toy.

Nurie's children will have the same awful homeschooling that their mother had.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 12
9 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Nemo is a little over 17 months old.  He was 13 months old when Newie was born, the same age Spurge Seewald was when Henry was born as he treated him like a toy.

Nurie's children will have the same awful homeschooling that their mother had.

At 17 months he should at least be making universal babbling (dada, mama, baba, etc.), not barking, or imitating a seal. Nemo would benefit from early intervention services, but his parents won’t even bother accepting help. That kid reminds me of some of the victims of the worse neglect I came across as a SW.

Nurie’s children will have a worse education than their mother, each generation will be less educated. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 16
12 minutes ago, SMama said:

At 17 months he should at least be making universal babbling (dada, mama, baba, etc.), not barking, or imitating a seal. Nemo would benefit from early intervention services, but his parents won’t even bother accepting help. That kid reminds me of some of the victims of the worse neglect I came across as a SW.

Nurie’s children will have a worse education than their mother, each generation will be less educated. 

I did not see the video but I do find it disturbing that he is communicating by barking. We aren't seeing that much of him so hopefully he is saying mama etc.... 

• Sad 2

I remember reading somewhere that infants and young children tend to respond more favorably to deeper voices and not high pitched baby talk.  Nemo needs to hear deeper voices. Even Nathan was using a higher pitched voice. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I did not see the video but I do find it disturbing that he is communicating by barking. We aren't seeing that much of him so hopefully he is saying mama etc.... 

Not to defend them at all, and I haven't seen the video yet, but my grandson, who is just a few weeks younger than Nemo, seems to be interested more in making sounds than in talking. He will bark, meow, imitate the smoke alarm, and such, but, at least up until the last month or so, has not had any real words in his repertoire. He is saying three or four words now, which is still a bit behind, but my daughter has an appointment to have him tested. He has also been babbling all along, so there's that. He actually reminds me a lot of my younger son, who didn't talk until he was two, and also liked barking and meowing. He turned out to be very intelligent, and very musical, and, at 33, still delights in mimicking things, and finding different ways to produce sound. Maybe Nemo just has his own way of interacting with the world at the moment. Then again, he may be getting little in the way of interaction and nurturing. I do hope its not that. Trying to be positive...

• Like 21
2 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Not to defend them at all, and I haven't seen the video yet, but my grandson, who is just a few weeks younger than Nemo, seems to be interested more in making sounds than in talking. He will bark, meow, imitate the smoke alarm, and such, but, at least up until the last month or so, has not had any real words in his repertoire. He is saying three or four words now, which is still a bit behind, but my daughter has an appointment to have him tested. He has also been babbling all along, so there's that. He actually reminds me a lot of my younger son, who didn't talk until he was two, and also liked barking and meowing. He turned out to be very intelligent, and very musical, and, at 33, still delights in mimicking things, and finding different ways to produce sound. Maybe Nemo just has his own way of interacting with the world at the moment. Then again, he may be getting little in the way of interaction and nurturing. I do hope its not that. Trying to be positive...

very good points that you made. I think we are all trying to think positive.

• Like 9
44 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

“Imitating the smoke alarm” 😂😂😂😂 I’d love to hear that. 

The big difference is your daughter has already taken steps to have him evaluated, and will follow any recommendations made. Nemo doesn’t have anyone in his corner.  I want to be positive, but the reality for that little guy saddens me.

Both my kids were great mimics, sometimes with disastrous public consequences. I can definitely relate. 

Edited by SMama
  • Like 14
9 minutes ago, SMama said:

“Imitating the smoke alarm” 😂😂😂😂 I’d love to hear that. 

The big difference is your daughter has already taken steps to have him evaluated, and will follow any recommendations made. Nemo doesn’t have anyone on his corner.  I want to be positive, but the reality for that little guy saddens me.

Both my kids were great mimics, sometimes with disastrous public consequences. I can definitely relate. 

These  people treat their children as a number. They birth them but they do not nurture them. Of course there are exceptions. I can't imagine someone like Jeremy ignore a potential issue. He is a jerk but he has an image to uphold. I also think he does care for his daughters. 

• Like 10