Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Mod Reminder- posting on topic information from other discussion sites is fine, but as a policy, please respect the privacy of others and blur/remove poster/commenter names from the posting (unless said poster is a public figure). Thank you. 

7 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Will Tim sing horribly at his wedding? Oh man what if he does a duet with his precious Mahmo? That is worth the $ alone.

100% he will sing at his wedding!  It’s all but required of fundie grooms!

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3

Yesterday I fast forwarded through Phillip's chapel service. They did an altar call thing towards the end. When Phillip stood up to go back to his seat I noticed he seems to be wearing his daddy's belt, or a least a belt way too big for him. The end of the belt is in the back. How embarrassing to wear that to bible college, or anywhere else.

Screenshot (357).png

• Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 28
15 hours ago, Nysha said:

She can break it off at any time, but she will be seen as damaged goods. He can break it off and he will be seen as a discerning man who listens when his god speaks.

Do we know who broke off the courtship between Kaylee and the gum-guy?  I assume it was the guy, otherwise wouldn't Kaylee be doomed to become the Rod's version of Dobbie the House Elf?

12 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Bonus: skip to 31:40 for a real sexy treat. You’re going to thank me.

😳😳 

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 5

In the video of Samuel’s testimony, he said he was saved at 5 years old. He said they were living in New York at the time, and David was gone working. They hadn’t started traveling yet but did attend church. He also said, they were “just a normal family “ at the time.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Yesterday I fast forwarded through Phillip's chapel service. They did an altar call thing towards the end. When Phillip stood up to go back to his seat I noticed he seems to be wearing his daddy's belt, or a least a belt way too big for him. The end of the belt is in the back. How embarrassing to wear that to bible college, or anywhere else.

Screenshot (357).png

Maybe he was late as usual and couldn’t find his belt and grabbed DBD’s in a hurry. I prefer that version because the alternative is that even though Phillip is allegedly working full time he can’t even afford something as basic as his own belt. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

He also said, they were “just a normal family “ at the time.

If they were just a normal family then what does he think they are now? Samuel must be careful not to incur BME’s wrath. We will know if he writes an homage to his mama on her FB page.

• Like 5
  • Sad 7
13 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Questions:

Is it me or is the piano music Hello, by Lionel Richie?

Is 1992 goatee the new fundie approved facial hair?

Is there something preventing Nurthan from carrying their own   offspring instead of little Tessie having to lug him up a set of stone steps with a sling on as if she’s his parent?

The flag shirt. Why?

At 31:40 mark : is it David squirting water through the teeth gap?

• Mind Blown 6
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Maybe he was late as usual and couldn’t find his belt and grabbed DBD’s in a hurry. I prefer that version because the alternative is that even though Phillip is allegedly working full time he can’t even afford something as basic as his own belt. 

That look so bad and in front of everyone. I certainly  hope this isn't the norm. 

• Like 9
14 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Questions:

Is it me or is the piano music Hello, by Lionel Richie?

Is 1992 goatee the new fundie approved facial hair?

Is there something preventing Nurthan from carrying their own   offspring instead of little Tessie having to lug him up a set of stone steps with a sling on as if she’s his parent?

The flag shirt. Why?

That’s not a sexy treat haha.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, SMama said:

I hope you're right. I believe wearing a belt at his school is required.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, SMama said:

If they were just a normal family then what does he think they are now? Samuel must be careful not to incur BME’s wrath. We will know if he writes an homage to his mama on her FB page.

I’d take the “we were a normal family” with a large truck of salt here.

Edited by Trillium
  • Like 4
  • LOL 13
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

He also said, they were “just a normal family “ at the time.

Sammers is what the 5th or 6th child?   Somewhere in there.  Does that mean the older kids were attending regular school or did Jill always home school?

• Useful 3
10 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Sammers is what the 5th or 6th child?   Somewhere in there.  Does that mean the older kids were attending regular school or did Jill always home school?

Maybe he is unconsciously referring to his deadbeat father having a job and not god bothering for a meager living. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 6
15 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What?  They require guys to wear a belt?   Really? 

What if your pants dont have belt loops?  Do they then require you to wears suspenders?  

So many questions.

It looks like the guys must wear dress pants, button down shirt, and a tie. Dress pants always have belt loops. At least in my experience. It really bothers me that Phillip doesn’t have the bare minimum to dress for school. Still hanging on to the in a hurry explanation. 

• Sad 8
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Screenshot (357).png

He should stop by Goodwill and find a belt that fits him better. Good lord. 

• Like 17
12 minutes ago, SMama said:

It looks like the guys must wear dress pants, button down shirt, and a tie. Dress pants always have belt loops. At least in my experience. It really bothers me that Phillip doesn’t have the bare minimum to dress for school. Still hanging on to the in a hurry explanation. 

You would think his parents would have provided him with a few dollars to get a basic wardrobe for school. Most parents who's kids are entering college spend money on them. But no, Jill and David need their date nights and trips. Jill needs souvenir "blouses"..... jerks. 

1 minute ago, AstridM said:

He should stop by Goodwill and find a belt that fits him better. Good lord. 

I have a belt I bought at goodwill for 99 cents. I have been using it for the last few years. It was perfectly fine, I just didn't want to spend a ton on a belt. They had quite a few men's belts. 

• Like 14

I looked it up and apparently lots of dress pants come without belt loops.  Custom made pants often lack them.  Who knew, right?

I've never seen anyone wear a belt that wrapped all the way around them like that.  You can pick up a belt in  athrift store for a couple of dollars.  Maybe he just couldn't find his own belt.  But you'd think in a house with all  those guys there would be at least one that fit him better ... 

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I have a belt I bought at goodwill for 99 cents. I have been using it for the last few years. It was perfectly fine, I just didn't want to spend a ton on a belt. They had quite a few men's belts. 

Exactly. He has a car and presumably a few dollars from working. Buy a damn belt!

• Like 5
Just now, AstridM said:

Exactly. He has a car and presumably a few dollars from working. Buy a damn belt!

How much of his salary he gets to keep after gas, meals, and whatever he must contribute to BME and DBD? Those kids are kept in a situation where they can’t strike on their own until they marry. 

• Sad 14
1 minute ago, SMama said:

How much of his salary he gets to keep after gas, meals, and whatever he must contribute to BME and DBD? Those kids are kept in a situation where they can’t strike on their own until they marry. 

I don’t know, but I’m assuming he has $5-10 on him most of the time just in case? Enough for a Goodwill belt. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, SMama said:

And his car tickets! Those cost $ and we know his parents aren’t paying his tickets off! 

• Like 8
17 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Phillip "only* has one ticket that we know of. 

He has been issued tickets in 2 different traffic stops a week or so apart. The 2nd got dropped because the officer didn't file in a timely manner.

He paid no fine on that ticket for speeding.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 5
2 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

He has had been issued tickets in 2 different traffic stops a week apart. The 2nd got dropped because the officer didn't file in a timely manner.

He paid no fine on that ticket for speeding.

Oh, okay. I thought that was Timcel. So many tickets, so little time. 😂

• LOL 16

I seem to remember Phillip was the one with the "graduation" photos where he was wearing that peach dress shirt that was hideously oversized.  I think I remember we even found a picture of his dad wearing the shirt. 

If so, there may be some sort of intentional wearing of his dad's things going on here.  Maybe it brings him some sort of comfort.

• Sad 7
  • LOL 2
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

He probably pulled that belt from his grifting hook, not his school hook. Nothing says give my momma money to feed me than wearing a belt and a half.

Wearing a belt like that probably won't help him if he is hoping to find a godly wife and bye-bull college though.

Phillip almost always wears the same brown sport coat to chapel. I could only think of one or two other times he appeared without it. One was around the time he got a ticket and came flying in last minute. I think he probably got admonished over his attire that day.

I note he has his own official fundy phone holster now.

Screenshot (359).png

• Fire 1
  • LOL 6
5 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I just watched part of a youtube at David Waller's church. Priscilla asked for prayers for Jill Rodrigues because she just had a miscarriage and is in pain. They are still in Florida. It was posted 20 hours ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TNgVG3PoPo (around 18 minute mark)

And Jill hasn’t posted video of herself wailing about the loss? Always the grifter Anna Duggar is tossed aside in favor of pastor Waller and pastor’s wife Priscilla. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, beckie said:

She was pregnant and didn't announce it the moment she found out? 

Now a convenient miscarriage brings all the attention back on her.

She milked the knee for all it was worth. Now Renee will “use” BME’s FB to organize a pamper grieving mama go to me fund. Renee will ask for cash only because BME is too broken hearted to think about material things. But a brand new (must include receipt) Kitchen Aid stand up mixer will be accepted so BME can drown her sorrows baking for her “remaining” children.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 5

In the last day she has posted about going to the beach, going to dinner with Nurie and a couple Nots, and going to the Valentine banquet at Nurie's church, and never once mentioned any of this?
I have had three miscarriages, and don't wish that on anyone. But when I was having mine I wasn't doing all these activities and posing for pictures.

• Like 13
  • Hugs 2
  • Applause 6
27 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

There are photos of Heidi at Christmas, but I can't post them here. However, they may help explain why Heidi's family consider the Rodrigueses a suitable family for her to join. 

The link: 

Why can’t they be posted here?

3 hours ago, peppergal said:

I seem to remember Phillip was the one with the "graduation" photos where he was wearing that peach dress shirt that was hideously oversized.  I think I remember we even found a picture of his dad wearing the shirt. 

If so, there may be some sort of intentional wearing of his dad's things going on here.  Maybe it brings him some sort of comfort.

Poor kid probably fantasizing about eating so much that he gets to fit into daddy’s clothes.

• Sad 4