Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Yeah... I'm having a hard time with this one. Honestly, Timcel courting was number one on my "Things I hope it's not list" because I don't see him for a second agreeing to the "technically the headship but really..." role that many of the fundy marriages seem to follow (Jessa and Ben, Carlin and Evan, Jilldo and Dave Rodrigues (a-hem), J-B and Michelle Duggar). That poor kid just turned 19 and her asshole parents sold her off for life as an obedient breeder to Tim - can't hack college, can't drive worth a damn, but still thinks he calls the shots because of his sacred penis - Rod. 

And then I look at the alternatives. Renée courting (what I was hoping for) could leave her in the same place as Olivia. Nurie preggers again or Kaylee having twins just adds another helpless baby to be starved and beaten and trained up to  hate people who are just trying to live life in peace, all in the name of a man who should be known for caring for the people who needed a little compassion and hating on the holier-than-thou hypocrites. 

Some days the whole thing makes me sick. This is one of those days. 

Someone needs to DM Heidi's mother Tim's YT rants.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

A7144C67-39F9-48A9-8490-A59A2FA7E3F9.jpeg

B4D311A9-5B57-4B4A-B387-D8C4F6E40A01.jpeg

8B24D9D9-B395-4BF5-B769-29B34A13CF31.jpeg

For this Clueless Old Lady,  what are Marco Polo screen shots? I looked at all the photos on Facebook but wasn't sure what that term meant??

Edited by Liddy52
  • Like 5

God doesn't promise these people a happy marriage. It's all about Jesus and does that marriage make him happy. Idiots, all of them.

I have a sister-in-law who made a marriage like this. They now snipe at each other and can barely stand each other. Not sure what they expected when the only thing they had in common was God. Meanwhile my heathen marriage is doing just fine.

• Like 14
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1

What I find interesting is Timbits being able to court a female with her own SM, while he still has to" jump on" mama's fb page when he(mama) wants to share something.

Will Heidi have to give up sm, or if they marry will her page suddenly become Timothy Heidi Rodrigues??

• Like 15
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, ChristmasCandy said:

I feel really sorry for Timcicles bride to be because she is moving from a fairly decent home to a driveway at the barnado.

We don't know where they'll live. That's why I asked if anyone knew what Jeremy does (no one does). But there's a possibility that Timcel could work for him in PA (hey, Jonathan relocated). Of course, the Rods are so enmeshed that it's like Hotel California. 👎

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

We don't know where they'll live. That's why I asked if anyone knew what Jeremy does (no one does). But there's a possibility that Timcel could work for him in PA (hey, Jonathan relocated). Of course, the Rods are so enmeshed that it's like Hotel California. 👎

BME will never let Timcicle out of her clutches.

• LOL 8
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

What I find interesting is Timbits being able to court a female with her own SM, while he still has to" jump on" mama's fb page when he(mama) wants to share something.

Will Heidi have to give up sm, or if they marry will her page suddenly become Timothy Heidi Rodrigues??

If it's anything like Jill, it will become Timothy Heidi Coverett Rodrigues.

Their "exiting" news huh...like they will ever be able to exit Jill.

• Sad 5
  • LOL 7

Heidi's Dad looks and dresses like a normal guy. Her Mom could be very attractive if she wore some color. They are fools to put their innocent daughter in lifelong submission to Tim and his narcissistic, greedy BME. That girl is doomed to a miserable existence. 😩

• Like 9
  • Sad 16
12 hours ago, crazy8s said:

these are  my thoughts exactly...this little Heidi could have a back bone and give Jill a run for her money....she could actually control tim.....we shall see....I am getting the popcorn...

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

can someone slip this poor girl a note that jesus spoke to them and told them to tell her to run, and that Timmy is NOT her god chosen one.  I would love to see the courtship and fail and Jill implode.

• Like 22
  • LOL 1
35 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I'll bet Jill was on her knees praying that somehow, a completely naïve waif would enter their social sphere who had parents dumb enough to let her marry her disturbed eldest son. 

BEGGING, Jill was BEGGING. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 5
  • Sad 7
  • LOL 6
34 minutes ago, ChristmasCandy said:

Your welcome.download.jpeg.ceab38bef372a4fc7f4ef822e7cef586.jpeg

also goes along well with jill's "first part" of the florida grift tour video she posted today.

She shows the family at a pizza place, she shows a close up of hunk and the caption says "watch for the pepper shaker" or something like that. But she only shows hunk from the chest up. pepper shaker was not my first thought 😬 - so brain bleach is needed

Other things from the video - pizza place video shows sofia back in the corner of a booth and she seems to be sharing a plate with Janessa.

Renee and Samuel do a skit and Nurthan"s church where they play a married couple and he forgets valentine's day.

Older children "making memories" playing a card game at Nurthan's. Background - Sadie or Olivia making poptarts or something and repeatedly telling Janessa she needs to put whatever on a plate. Janessa comes up next to dave with said food, no plate and is doted on as usual.

Sadie and Sofia shivering at the beach. I don't think they brought towels. Samuel "built" his own wake board that seems to be a thin sheet of balsa or cardboard🙄

I did laugh at the circus type music Jill has when David is shown preaching.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

That might not be a bad thing.  He’s less likely to abuse her as long as her family is around.

I don't trust them either. 

58 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

also goes along well with jill's "first part" of the florida grift tour video she posted today.

She shows the family at a pizza place, she shows a close up of hunk and the caption says "watch for the pepper shaker" or something like that. But she only shows hunk from the chest up. pepper shaker was not my first thought 😬 - so brain bleach is needed

Other things from the video - pizza place video shows sofia back in the corner of a booth and she seems to be sharing a plate with Janessa.

Renee and Samuel do a skit and Nurthan"s church where they play a married couple and he forgets valentine's day.

Older children "making memories" playing a card game at Nurthan's. Background - Sadie or Olivia making poptarts or something and repeatedly telling Janessa she needs to put whatever on a plate. Janessa comes up next to dave with said food, no plate and is doted on as usual.

Sadie and Sofia shivering at the beach. I don't think they brought towels. Samuel "built" his own wake board that seems to be a thin sheet of balsa or cardboard🙄

I did laugh at the circus type music Jill has when David is shown preaching.

These people do eat an awful lot of pizza. I guess it is cheap. 

Of course the girls were shivering. They shouldn't be wearing dresses to swim and they should have towels. I wonder just how warm it is for them to be in the water (and how warm the water is). 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

BEGGING, Jill was BEGGING. 🤦‍♀️

Yeah, BEGGING for some poor sap to take her problem child away so she doesn't have to deal with him anymore.

1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Trying to picture myself when I was Renee's age(or any age), putting on a skit with my brother where we pretend to married. Um yeah, no!

Edited by Madtown
  • Like 9
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4
9 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Trying to picture myself when I was Renee's age(or any age), putting on a skit with my brother where we pretend to married. Um yeah, no!

Well, she could have been married to a broom.

• LOL 18

So is all this begging for a bride for Tim how Jill tore four things in her knee and supposedly needed surgery?  Guess she milked that for all she could, so now there is no more mention of her severely injured knee.  I see from the one still that Tim and Heidi are already dressing in the same color.  And Heidi's mother's floor length denim skirt is tragic.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
20 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

A few criteria of Antisocial Personality Disorder - persistent violations of social norms, including lying, inconsistent work behavior and traffic arrests.

I’m almost positive that I read somewhere that Tim had a problem with telling the truth when he was a child and that was another behavior that BME and DD had to break him of. I’m no psychiatrist, but my theory is that subconsciously (or consciously?) Tim hates women, all women, because of what BME did to him when he was growing up.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 4