Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

This is one of the many, many reasons that the Gothard system sucks so much. As a woman, you’re not allowed to pursue a guy, so you just have to sit and wait until a guy is interested enough to ask to court you and hope it’s a guy you don’t find completely odious. Meanwhile, you’ve only really got two forms of currency you can offer to attract a potential partner — beauty and family connections. And, if you don’t have those, the IFB guys who actually have something to offer are going to hold out for a girl who does, while you end up with Timothy Rodrigues. Or you end up an old maid who is expected to care for nieces, nephews, and aging parents for the rest of your life. 

I’ve always been surprised that the Duggar and Bates girls seem to have succeeded in finding spouses who can hold down a job to support their families and who seem to treat them reasonably well, at least by Gothard standards. But let’s face it — the Duggar girls benefitted from being reasonably attractive and having a high-profile, wealthy dad who was willing to make work for his sons in law, and the Bates girls benefitted from being gorgeous. This poor young lady just seems to be stuck. In the confines of her life, she might see Timothy as the best choice she has. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 14

The idea of Tim as a husband terrifies me.  This poor girl will never be able to voice an opinion unless its what he wants to hear.  She looks like she is wanting to lean away from him, but she knows she is stuck with him.  We knew Josh was bad, but we had no idea how bad he really is.  Tim has always shown he is going to be a horrible husband by his YouTube videos telling women how they should act. I don't want to think about how he will act when he has a real woman in front of him.  The biggest question of all: how is Tim going to support a wife, much less the umpteen children she will be expected to give birth to.  
And Tim as a father.... 
I am reminding myself, this is a courtship, not an engagement.  But I know her parents have already sold her off so it might as well be a wedding.  

• Like 10
  • Sad 18
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Oh look what Heidi got for her birthday. The big red dress and pearls she wore in the hostage video. 

340075910_Screenshot(12613).png.679b2291a208700a07db420789d27e68.png

Girl RUN! You looked perfectly fine here. Do not marry a guy that picks your clothes for you. It’s not sweet or cute. 

Ugh. I’m sure this will be a super quick courtship and rush to the alter so she doesn’t have anytime to think this through. She’ll be pregnant by the end of the year. 

• Sad 25
  • Applause 1

The look on Tim's face, so self-satisfied and smug.  "I got me a womminn now."  You can tell he is already thinking about his plans for controlling her.

And did those pearls coming in a PLASTIC BAG?   yeah so not real.

• Like 11
  • Sad 10
  • LOL 1
59 minutes ago, Trillium said:

Girl RUN! You looked perfectly fine here. Do not marry a guy that picks your clothes for you. It’s not sweet or cute. 

Ugh. I’m sure this will be a super quick courtship and rush to the alter so she doesn’t have anytime to think this through. She’ll be pregnant by the end of the year. 

Timcel is probably already chastising her for showing her knees. 😒

• Like 1
  • Sad 13
32 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

The look on Tim's face, so self-satisfied and smug.  "I got me a womminn now."  You can tell he is already thinking about his plans for controlling her.

And did those pearls coming in a PLASTIC BAG?   yeah so not real.

Yes, I noticed the pearls in a bag. Ugh. 

She should run but she won't. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

Heidi is young and has a sense of style and a cute figure. Of course, Tim bought a tent to cover her and a collar for her neck.   Even his mother and sister wear form-fitting clothes. 

Not only does Tim come across as depressed and controlling, he may become bitter when he can no longer afford expensive flight training. 

The only positive for Heidi is that Jonathan is her cousin. At least, she has someone nearby who might help if there are problems, not that Jon seems to have much agency while in Jill's orbit. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 12
8 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Why would someone give a 19 year old young woman a bag of Milky Ways for her birthday? I hope it came from an 8 year old sibling.

My Mom will be 75 in April and likes it when people give her Albanese gummies (those are her fav). I could see it being a cute "gag gift", so long as she got other presents, I dont think it's weird. I also like to get those pumpkin Reese's for my bday (im in October)- maybe we just like candy too much! It is also likely a younger sibling wanted to get her something and thats what they could afford like you suggested.

But knowing Tim, she might not even LIKE chocolate, or candy, or milkways- thats probably HIS favorite candy!

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Her knees are showing.  I’m sure Mr. Fashion Police will put a stop to that.  Timmy seems to be very arrogant.  If there’s anyone who has exactly zero reasons to be arrogant, it’s him.  I’m praying that something happens to put an end to their “courtship”.  She deserves better, and her f’ing parents should be ashamed of themselves.  

I'm thinking he's the one to give that horrible, terrible, no good red dress that fits all HIS modesty standards.

• Like 8
  • Sad 5
10 hours ago, ChristmasCandy said:

Okay I'm taking bets that exactly 9 months after the wedding she will pop out a little Timcicle.

This is almost as scary as the courtship

10 hours ago, AstridM said:

FEC51B9A-0EDA-426B-BB2C-31A5EF877AA3.jpeg

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. This one is worth a million.

9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

They're courting, right? There is still a tiny, itsy, bitsy chance the marriage won't happen. Fingers crossed.

I was thinking the same thing. We can all hope she sees the light and runs far far away before this marriage ever happens.

2 hours ago, Trillium said:

I dated a guy once that bought a bunch of clothes for me for my birthday. We dated long enough that he knew what clothes I liked. I would've never worn anything he bought me, but my friend that went with him to buy said clothes, they were right up her alley. That was the last day we dated.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
47 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

But knowing Tim, she might not even LIKE chocolate, or candy, or milkways- thats probably HIS favorite candy!

or his mama's favorite....nah, milkyway is way to common for Jilly.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

My husband knows not to buy me clothes, instead, he can get me a gift card. The only clothes he has bought were a couple of t-shirts and even then, he bought the wrong size. 

I am reminded of the time that my dad went to Canada fishing with his friends. Normally, it was all a family thing but not this year. My dad, wanting to bring my mom something back, brought back a Winnipeg t-shirt that was small enough for a child of 10 and my mom was not 10, nor was she small. We were in  hysterics over it. 

If Tim bought that dress,  he must think she is twice her size. Girl is swimming in it. And of course, it is "modest". That poor child. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Trillium said:

May I politely disagree with your statement about men buying clothes because of my Dad always up until the day he passed away bought me clothes and he knew my size and style and was never wrong with what he bought me. He was one of a million.

• Like 12
6 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

My husband knows not to buy me clothes, instead, he can get me a gift card. The only clothes he has bought were a couple of t-shirts and even then, he bought the wrong size. 

I am reminded of the time that my dad went to Canada fishing with his friends. Normally, it was all a family thing but not this year. My dad, wanting to bring my mom something back, brought back a Winnipeg t-shirt that was small enough for a child of 10 and my mom was not 10, nor was she small. We were in  hysterics over it. 

If Tim bought that dress,  he must think she is twice her size. Girl is swimming in it. And of course, it is "modest". That poor child. 

Tim could've easily enough asked her mother or a sibling what size she wore.  The fact that he apparently didn't and, instead decided his own judgement was all that was needed says a lot as to how he thinks.

My parents were weird.  My mother hated shopping, my dad did almost all of it in those pre-Amazon days; groceries, drug store, whatever.  My mom loved dressing up and she and my dad loved music and would frequently go to nightclubs where musicians they liked were playing.  My mom had a fairly substantial closet full of 'going out' clothes, dresses, pant suits, jumpsuits, etc and every single piece was purchased for her by my dad.  He had a couple stores he liked, got to know a couple of salespeople there, and, for Christmas, or her birthday; he often got her something sharp to wear when they went out.  He had a good eye for what she liked and what flattered her.  

When I was a kid, my dad often bought clothes for us until we were old enough to go out and shop for ourselves.  He would write down our sizes on an index card and keep it in his wallet.  Or, consult with my mom before going so he could get it right.  He might've picked out some stuff I didn't love but it almost always fit properly.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 10
  • Hugs 4
  • Love 1

Yeah @Notabug that seems fairly typical (especially for your parents generation). It’s not that Tim bought her a dress- it’s an ugly ill fitting dress, and I would bet you dollars to donuts it’s not “her style” at all. Let’s see what she’s wearing in subsequent photographs with Tim. 

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah @Notabug that seems fairly typical (especially for your parents generation). It’s not that Tim bought her a dress- it’s an ugly ill fitting dress, and I would bet you dollars to donuts it’s not “her style” at all. Let’s see what she’s wearing in subsequent photographs with Tim. 

More oversized sacks? Old lady pearls (fake)? 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Heidi's mom's FB page is like an abbreviated version of JillR's, minus the grifting*. Less posts, less children, but same leanings. 6 kids, 4 girls, 2 boys, the youngest who is a girl looks maybe 3 or 4. On brother apparently has heart issues and the mom believed covid was real, at least in 2020.

The mom posts endless pictures of herself with her husband. 

This is the start of a sad saga indeed. As others have said, run Heidi run.

* the mom did do a GoFundMe maybe 10 years ago for her brother and SIL, hoping to raise $20,000, I don't think it reached $2000.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 2

No one's asking why Jill chose to post a photo where Timmy's eyes are closed? Does she think he looks better this way? I can't imagine she only took one. 

That poor, poor girl. 

Edit: never mind about the eyes. I see it's a still from a video. 

Edited by mimionthebeach
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1

He knows she is not that big.   he bought a dress that is huge and unfitted so it would be "modest."  Nothing form fitting or even flatteringly cut for HIS wife.   she must look like a sack of potatoes to satisfy his image of a modest wife.

• Like 2
  • Sad 15
7 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

No one's asking why Jill chose to post a photo where Timmy's eyes are closed? Does she think he looks better this way? I can't imagine she only took one. 

That poor, poor girl. 

It’s a screenshot from a video 

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

This is one of those times on these boards when it feels like, its all fun and games until its not fun and games anymore.

Of all the Bates and Duggar sons, besides the FF, only Nate and possibly Jed come close to the asshole Tim is. This is scary to me. At least Esther and Katie appear to be able to hold their own, when this little wisp of a thing looks like such a target.

I’ve added James to that list.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Trillium said:

I’ll clarify. Buying someone clothes that is their style as a gift is one thing, as long as they can still wear what they want.

Telling someone what they can and cannot wear is entirely different. Tim has made countless videos on his opinions of women’s clothing, so it’s not speculation on how he feels, he’s been very clear on what he expects. 

He’s literally made hour-long videos ranting about women’s clothing, so yes, it’s disturbing.

• Like 23
7 minutes ago, AstridM said:

He’s literally made hour-long videos ranting about women’s clothing, so yes, it’s disturbing.

Her parent should be ashamed of themselves for being fine with this. Don't they get a final say? How could they give their child to this creep (and yes, he is a creep). 

• Like 16
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

He knows she is not that big.   he bought a dress that is huge and unfitted so it would be "modest."  Nothing form fitting or even flatteringly cut for HIS wife.   she must look like a sack of potatoes to satisfy his image of a modest wife.

He may very well be horrified when he sees her nude! Probably has no clue what the female body looks like.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 1
On 2/6/2023 at 6:06 PM, ozziemom said:

My goodness, those pictures are so sad. It’s pathetic how JillR has to be the center of everything. I’m sure Sammers was thrilled to hold hands with his mother! Are these kids the new favorites? 

One could ask if this is the new season of MILF Manor, Fundy edition.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I'm very concerned for this girl.  She's actually attractive, so I don't know why she had to settle for Tim.  He has no money, no prospects, and he's downright scary.  How anyone could watch his videos and not see the barely suppressed rage is beyond me.  This is even worse than the Kellers who were chasing fame by selling Anna to the Duggars.  Jill is a nobody, so I don't understand poor Heidi's mother fangirling her.

• Like 14
  • Sad 7
3 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I'm very concerned for this girl.  She's actually attractive, so I don't know why she had to settle for Tim.  He has no money, no prospects, and he's downright scary.  How anyone could watch his videos and not see the barely suppressed rage is beyond me.  This is even worse than the Kellers who were chasing fame by selling Anna to the Duggars.  Jill is a nobody, so I don't understand poor Heidi's mother fangirling her.

Anything is possible with these idiots. Remember the Paines (Erin Bates' husband's family), who allowed their daughter to marry a convicted anal rapist. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 12
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Anything is possible with these idiots. Remember the Paines (Erin Bates' husband's family), who allowed their daughter to marry a convicted anal rapist. 

I was about to mention Tabitha Paine. Her husband had NO remorse for what he did. I do hope she is happy and okay with him but I doubt it. I know not every single fundy young woman has as many options/freedom as Jana Duggar, but better off single and caring for the elderly parents than being stuck with a creep like that!

• Like 16

Does Tim still live in the tiny camper in the driveway?

Here's a pic from about a year ago with Heidi and 2 of her sisters.

When Tim, a brother and the two NotNurie's road tripped to a wedding a few months back, was it to Heidi's older sister's wedding?

This is all I found about the dad.

• Jeremy Coverett
  • Studied at Heartland Baptist Bible College
  • Went to Home School
  • Lives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
  • From Lebanon, Oregon
  • Married to Ellen Vincent Coverett

image.png.a0ef8f37f5d4a18e5bfa91999b8760b7.png

• Useful 4
10 minutes ago, awaken said:

I had to come here right away and share that I have now been blocked on Jill’s IG after making a comment on the post that she accidentally left open for comments!

I would be interested to hear what your comment was!

• Like 10
  • Applause 1